Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #19

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Mel – I’m so sorry to hear of the passing of your doggy Cooper. It is a very very sad thing. I love my dog as much as any member of the family, I can only imagine the grief you have. I’ve no experience in telling children, it all depends on how developed Chelsea is, how much she understands and whether or not you believe in God and heaven. My BF’s Mum passed away last year, she told the girls that their Grandmar is looking down on them from heaven, they like that. I took the youngest (3) to the park a few weeks ago and the sun came out and she said “oh look, nanny is shinning down on us from heaven”. She was happy.

Simone – oh honey… You poor thing. I’ve babysat my BF kids for weekends when they have both been sick – it is an endless day and night of cleaning up spew and worrying about dehydration. Can DH come over and help even for just 2 hours so you can get a break? You must be exhausted!!! Huge hugs to you darling…

Nenny – sorry about the party. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. It is very hurtful isn’t it. But I’m sure there is a reason that is “reasonable” to them (if not to you and us)… That is great that the music box puts Aleise to sleep . I’ve tried music, (DH is a DJ), but does not seem to help. I think the key is to keep trying different things – like Mel said.

Right now, I have officially been trying to put Ally asleep for 2 hours and 42 mins. I’m so over hearing a crying baby. It does not matter if I hold her or play music, or swing her or breast feed her or rock her in the pram, or wrap her, she just refuses to go to sleep. I even put her down and folded nappies (like Bath does)… I started trying after she had been awake for one hour, then there was one yawn so I started to put her to bed then (so I did not miss the sleepy sign). Now she is so overtired she is hysterical. I have left her to cry for a while as I feel I have tried everything else. (20min later).. Could not let her cry for long, picked her up and put her back on the boob, she was asleep within seconds, so now she is asleep in her cot. Sign… it is just so much effort to put her to sleep. I just wish I knew what to do. It is ruling our life, I don’t feel like we have any fun anymore as she is always either tired or I’m trying to put her to sleep. There is no “play” “feed” “sleep” thing happening, it is all just a blur of tears. (hers and mine). DH is going way again tomorrow for a few days, not sure how I will go.

Anyway…sorry to only always talk about Ally’s sleep problem, just feel like I have no where else to vent (feel like everyone else is judging me IUKWIM).

Well, we just got a $70 phone bill so I’m going to check out Skype does anyone else use it?

Oh, someone asked about Almond oil – sorry I can’t remember who – (sorry, v. tired, Ally had 4 feeds last night)… anyway.. you can buy it at ANY health food store, it is super cheap, I paid $10 for a very very large bottle. In the Hospital they use Sweet Almond Oil for baby massage so it is safe. I just squirt some in her bath (makes for some oily hair – check out her picture in the signature) but her skin is super soft and there are no more ‘dry’ patches.

Hi to those I’ve missed…chat soon
    Luv
    A very tired CC (yawn)

hey CC, we're all here thru all the good and the bad times... even if you just want to talk about Ally not wanting to sleep!! all i've been talking about is the boys sickness for the last 2 days...

I tend to have a whinge in here as well CC.ATM I have a very sooky baby as well, Pat is refusing his bottle,the breast and screams if I put him down, so I have to carry him everywhere and he is sooooo heavy now! He has this cold as well and his nose is blocked, I just wish I could at least 5 minutes peace.

Won't be ableto type much more as it is getting hotter by the minute in here( the joys of caravan living!)

Good morning girls... seems the weather can't make up it's mind.. it's just been raining! Still overcast.. hope it doesn't get hot... still, if it does then the sun has alomst swung over to our older side of the house so it won't heat up as bad... the newer part (Eastern) get's disgustingly hot if it's too hot in the morning... and we don't have air con. If it does get hot I plan to defrost the freezer and make some "snow" for Wade to play with with his Thomas trains.

Gee you all burnt the midnight oil last night! We were watching a Christmas DVD called The Twelve Dogs of Christmas. I'm both a dog and cat person. Had both as a child. So sorry to hear of your loss Mel ((hugs)). I agree with CC... what you tell Chelsea depends on what you believe... I also agree with IK: be as honest as you can from the start... Chelsea will be watching your reactions too, non verbal communication is important too. It's ok that she sees you cry. We had to put down our cat last year. I was honest with Verity and said that I'm not sure where animal spirits go. We believe in spiritual life/existence and the spiritual realm of Heaven so we just pondered the posibilities together. I think it's good to reveal to your children that you don't have all the anwers. My mother would never admit it and it made her unapproachable and I kinda also didn't trust her because I think I detected her uncertainty despite her trying to conceal it. So begun my reliance on books rather than her advice! This is just one area of parenting where I am determined to make a change.

CC: yep, we're still loving the MooGoo... going to place another order as soon as DH's bonus comes through on Wednesday! Especially love the Infant Scalp cream... Niall hasn't had cradle cap since the first application over a month ago! I loved their sample size moisturizer... they asked for feedback so I'm going to give a detailed report... comparing it to other moisturisers and saying how it's better. My skin just seems to lap it up... it absorbs so well despite them saying it's a bit too heavy for some people... maybe it's because I'm getting old! At least my skin's not developing (many) wrinkles... that's one thing I can thank my mother for anyhow! LOL (genes).

Another baby settling tip: sometimes I find that simply going outside really helps a hysterical baby. Sometimes we forget that the sights and sounds like birds and the wind through the trees is fascinating and new to babies... it distracts and soothes at the same time. Niall spent half an hour on a picnic rug yesterday watching Verity pegging cothes on the line. As soon as he started blowing bubbles like a crab (his sign that he's getting frustrated) I brought him inside and he fell straight to sleep. Even at night (in summer) try taking them outside (if they aren't screaming! although if you have understanding neighbours go ahead! LOL). Alos babies have much more sensitive senses of smell so that also acts as a distraction... outside smells different.

Girls girls girls... don't worry about venting in here! Share your battles... we'll have our turn (with most of the situations you're going through).

Wade needs me... back later...

ETA: Simone: I'm thinking of you and the kids darl... Don't know how you do it! This too will pass!!! (((hugs)))

ETA: Sorry Jess, we posted at the same time... is your caravan under shade? or out in the open? Hope the weather changes it's mind for the cooler!

Morning Bath. Morning Jess

Well, just went out to check the mail (only a water bill ) and the sky to the west is black... and DH says its been raining in the city for ages, i wish it would just rain and rain, as its getting really humid out there!! Just heard thunder...

ETA went outside and it started raining, stopped thouhg. Cooled down a little, i think the change that was meant to come in later came in very early, i dont think it will get to 36, thank goodness
    Last edited by simone; November 20th, 2006 at 10:47 AM.

The BOM meteorology didn't say this was going to happen... yeah... bring on the rain!

Did all my washing yesterday... does IK still have hers on the line? It might get wet! LOL I'd rush over and bring it in for her if I lived closer!

ETA: ooooh Xander! Poor mummy! Maybe you can help her vacuum it all up?

Sun's out with a real bite now...

Xander is being AWFUL!!! I always keep a tin of formula around, as you never know what will happen, and Xander diced to put it everywhere in the lounge room. Brand new tin. And then he found my secret stash of nail polish in the cupboard and painted his face. He's just being so naughty, im just not coping. DH is coming home from work, only because he's tired and want to come here to have a nice comfy bed to sleep in. I want some help. Not going to get it. At least i will have the car and i might take the kids out for a drive or something.

Bom's updated, this sounds more like it...

Cloudy periods with a shower or two and the chance of a thunderstorm. Moderate north to northeast winds and afternoon seabreezes.

They stil reckon 36 though, i dont think so.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Jess - those vans do get hot - i saw shade sails at Bunnings for $50, maybe they would help cool the van?

Baths - your experiece shows - Ally loves outside, I just put her under the bamboo and she stays there for 40mins, happy as larry! come to think of it ...she is much easier to put to sleep after she has been outside... i think I will try more outside time.. thanks Baths!!!!!!!!!! re: Moo Goo - try the Goats Milk soap ($5), i use it on my face even (so much cheaper than face cleaner or the body washes I used to buy...better for the environment too!)

Simone - HUGE HUG... What a day... wished we lived closer...Hope tomorrow is better for you - just think today is almost over...tomorrow is a fresh start.

off to swimming lessons now - but Ally is alseep!!!! We missed lasts week so really want to go - I can't belive I'm going to have to wake her!!! So ironic.

CeeCee: yep.. I've been using the MooGoo Goat's Milk Soap... it's lovley.. and I agree; better all round than the previous expensive 'fancy' products i was using. The more I think about it simple solutions are the best in most cases. I'm just not going to subscribe to the hype that the "latest innovative product" is better than the simple products and methods of previous generations anymore.

Getting hotter...

PML I heard this weird noise from outside and turned around to see this strange digger/driller council thing being driven along the lane... Wade seemed frozen in his digging patch (there is a fence between)... it must have been pretty scary for him only being meters away... then the driver waved at him... as soon as it was gone Wade got up and flew inside toward me talking "a thousand to the dozen!"

Enjoy the pool CC... wish I was with you! The perfect place...

Ok...off to make 'snow' for Wade!

Im off now, DH is home and being a d**khead. Wont help or anything grrr.... should've made him stay at work.

Mel- Sorry to hear about your dog, our family dog got put down this morning- she was pining for my mum and dad's other dog that got put down 3 weeks ago because he had cancer.

Cee-Cee, so sorry that you are having sleeping problems with Ally, I can't really offer you any advice as sleeping doesnt seem to be a problem in our house.

Bath- How did your christmas pudding turn out? I am just busy looking for a good recipe because I realy enjoy making desserts and have decide that our contribution to christmas this year will be christmas pudding, pavlova and home made fruit mince pies.

Big Hello to everyone else, I am off to get some more jobs done while Tori is sleeping, trying to see how much i can cram into a couple of hous.

Hi guys - what a day!!!

Thanks for your support over Coopers death - we still feel sad, but keep focussing on the positives. He was collected this morning (while I was at swimming with Chelsea) and will be cremated and returned to us in a beautiful rosewood box with his name engraved on a plaque - he will then take pride of place next to BJ (our other cremated great dane) on the bookshelf. I did tell Chelsea about him going to heaven because he got old and sick. She looked up at the sky and told me she couldn't find him. I told her she would have to wait until night time as he would be up with the stars. I posted a thread asking about advice and someone suggested planting a tree or plant in memory of him which I think I will do - Chelsea loves the garden and we might plant one in his favourite spot and she can help look after it. She was very happy with the explanation and told me she would miss him.

Bath - CC told me about the moo goo and I am going to try and get some. Marley has bad cradle cap and you said you got ride of Niall's with the Infant Scalp cream. I am definately going to try it - the cradle cap looks horrible and I hate picking at it.

IK - we will probably get another soon, but maybe not another big dog, they never live for very long! We will talk about in the coming weeks and see what we decide. Thanks for the website, have been reading lots.

Simone - to you. Men can be soooo insensitive, they have no idea. You are doing such a great job, give yourself a big pat on the back (and eat some chocolate!!!). Don't apologize for venting, that's what we are here for. To listen and support each other. Hope the boys (and you) feel better soon.

CC - you poor thing. I am really glad to hear the outside adventure helped (Bath has so many good ideas, she should put them in a book). Maybe swimming will calm her too. Stay positive and keep telling yourself you are doing a great job - we all go through periods where our babies don't settle (unfortunately!!!).

Rory - Wally needs to patent his wrap!!! I wally wrapped marley at 11.30am and she has only just woken up! This heat doesn't help but at least she is not hot. I showed another friend too today so the wally wrap will be a new phenomemen (sp?). Hope Flynn enjoys his pumpkin today.

How hot is it! Chelsea was playing in her clam pool in the yard and is now relaxed watching ABC kids! She is pooped.

Sorry if I have missed anyone - hectic day. Be back later for updates.

Hi ladies!

Simone: BIG HUGGIES TO YOU!! you really need some ME time and some help!
    You should get that parcel tomorrow.. sorry it was only the water bill today.

Well not much happening here. Aleise has been trying to get up on her knees into the crawling position but not having much luck. She gets frustrated and starts crying so I scoop her up and give her cuddles.

CeeCee: This will make you laugh! Aleise woke at 3am this morning, I picked her up, warmed her bottle, put her in the cot, went to the loo, got bottle and discovered she was asleep again! She woke again at 5am and this time Matt got up he re-positioned her in the cot and she went back to sleep! So I know its minor but our sleep was interrupted too!

Neighbour: I initially thought it was family only but there were like 10 cars parked around our houses and she only has one brother living here and one set of inlaws she's currently talking to so I think her "closer" friends were there. Oh well learnt my lesson!

Secret Santa: BAth how did you get onto this? Do you think we could start our own in here???? Just a suggestion.

Well nothing else to report - going to watch ET now they should show TomKat's wedding although I don't think it will last.

Hello to everyone I didn't mention - sorry I'm not much of a marathon personal writer.

Take care and see you again soon.

Secret Santa: I was involved in last year's BellyBelly Secret Santa too... just found the info about it in the Platinum Forums. I think I've mentioned that I've received mine for this year but I have to return to the shop where i saw my "misson's" gift on the weekend. I think I should do that tomorrow before time slips away. Lucky I won't have to pay too much postage as my person is in Melbourne. Hope that's not giving it away too much! It's for a member I don't really know very well... but she gave me some easy clues as to what to buy. It might be a little late to organise one for this group but next year could be good

Speaking of parcels: if anyone would like a newborn size NUK dummy that has only been offered once (hardly even touched and easily sanitised with Milton) hands up before I throw it out. They cost about $5 in shops. I'm happy to post it anywhere. It's red and white and virtually brand new and free to a good home.

What's this weather going to do next? Mel I nearly got the clam pool out too. they are such good investments aren't they? We've had ours for about 8 years and except for some scratching on the bottom it's as good as new. they also serve as good party ice receptacles and sand pits. Just never leave them out in the sun and you will find they last a lot longer... a bit like pegs.

Ali - sorry to hear about your family dog - its always so sad when pets die whatever the circumstances. The man who collected Cooper this morning had 40 others to collect for cremation! Must be a sad day for alot of people.

Bath - the clam pool is great and a cheap investment! We originally bought ours before kids for our labrador who adored water. She used to lay in it on a hot day!!! When she went, we disinfected it and then gave it to Chelsea and it's cheaper than buying a pool (as much as I would love a pool!!!). Chelsea had some friends over and they just played in that and splashed each other. I try to put in under the house as the other end of it, did warp and fade so we threw that bit out. I also have one of the sunsmart tents and we put that over it to keep it in the shade!

This weather is weird - it is so overcast here but the wind is hot and I still have air con on. Off to make tacos for dinner.

Where is everyone tonight - so quiet in here, compared to our late one last night!!!! There is nothing decent on TV! Someone come and chat.

BATH and CC- The van is out in the open but we have a flyover on top of it, but the backyard has always gotten hot..

Major vent time. I went to the local Kinder tonight for the AGM, well they were asking for nominations for President and I said, I'll have a go! Well, you should've seen their jaws drop, they all chatted amongst themselves for about 10 minutes, then decided that they were going to have a committee meeting DURING the AGM. Well, after 20 mins they all came out and had decided that someone else was going to be the president and I was relegated to the general committee.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast