Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #2

I had heard about that drug, but as some of the girls already know, I don't like medications. Thanks for thinking of me though simone

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Australian Lactation Consultants Association (locate a LC)
    Register of IBCLC's (International Board Certified Lactation Consultants)
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hey Candy I see that little Ryan is one month old today! Happy one month Little Rigger!!
    Ali- You summed it up beutifully!

well mothers group went well, there was 9 & 1 didnt make it. I felt a bit jelous that the girl i knew whos baby was born 3 weeks early on the same day as Nixon is now bigger then him. I know thats silly to be jelous but i couldnt help but feel a bit. she was only 4pound and such a tiny bub when i saw here at 5weeks. Now she has gone past Nixon i feel everyone's baby is...ahhh its just so frustrating i know when he is big I'll just want him to be small again but i just want him to start packing some weight on so he can get bigger....The constant spewing is just getting to me mainly... Anyway he has been on Zantec for a week they say it can take up to 2 weeks to start working so i'll keep on pushing along.

Nickers, dont be sorry about how you feel, although it may look like Nixon is tiny now, He'll stop being sick once his premmie gut matures, and his reflux settles, and he'll get huge (and yes, you will wish for him to be little again!!) When i saw him saturday night, he looked huge to me!! You're doing a great job, just sit back and relax Hope everything settles down a bit soon... Hope the meds kick in sooner rather than later!! for you two...

Wow what a "controversial" topic the breastfeeding v bottle feeding debate is! Personally I think what works for one person might not work for another, so do what is right for you and your baby. I have been lucky enough to have been able to breastfeed both Gabriella and Alex (not without some problems mind you with him) but I still am willing to supplement with formula. Hey he gets the best of both worlds!!

Have had a horror of a morning with Alex, he just wouldn't stop crying for almost 4 hours non stop. He is calm now thank goodness and has been asleep for over 3 hours. All that crying must have tired him out.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    sorry about the B/F issue thingy, lets move forward and I'll post in the correct area...Hugs and thanks to Kelly and Enigma and everyone else...

first day home today, how nice - we even managed a nice lunch in the sunny courtyard so I actually feel like a person again!

MIL is here, she is OK, I'm sure she means well - she is just VERY old fashion and conservative and likes to give advise - and I HATE to hear advice from anyone who is NOT an expert... and not up with the times! Only a week - I'll get through it! Funny as I remember when all your MIL's were with you all...now it is my turn!

Nic - what is Zantec? An anti-vomit medication? OH I can't wait to go to mothers group and start doing all the fun things with my beautiful baby...

right now I'm just happy to stay home and near the loo (yes, should have done more pelvic floors exercises - darn!).. think I need to work on it, but stiches hurt when I try so maybe a few more days?

Well, should go, going to ask DH to see if he can post a pick on my signature, for soem silly reason I can't figure it out.

chat soon - luv CC

CeeCee its so nice to have you back .. ive been meaning to ask - how are Alexandras kidneys ??

Hi Everyone, looks like some chatting got done today.
    Amanda that would be fantastic, Treasure Island resort is right across the road from Harbour Town Shopping centre, Labrador . It's a Big 4, they have a fantastic website if you wanted to check it out. We book in on the 10th Dec and out on the 17th. It's still six months away but I'm already excited about it.

On the Feeding issue: With my first baby I only bf for 6 weeks I felt like such a failure, but I had no family supportand a baby who screamed all day, but slept all night, it felt like that I had no milk left by afternoon, I fed constantly, during the day, I was miserable, my baby was miserable. My second baby I managed four months and basically just let it go by five months and with DD3 I was determined to get it righta and I did I fed her for 18 months and DD4 fed for 10 months but was drawing blood biting me so she lost it. With DS he gave me some nasty little blood blister on both nipples due to him not opening his mouth and attaching properly but I sorted him out very quickly, lol. I'm no expert either, but I'm now a bit of an old hand at it. Breastfeeding is a learned skill and well worth perservering those first couple of weeks. I can now easily breasfeed and menouver trollies and children, lol. Kelly is right LC are a terrific idea if you have access to one and are having trouble seek one out. They can really help you and sort out any problems you may have.
    But my babies were all BF and they have all slept through the night. 8 hours being the average. I have Co slept with all of them and rarely have a broken nights sleep as all sleep in their own beds all night, except miss 3 who still likes to come for a cuddle every now and then (usually after a toilet break).

I think what everyone has to remember is not to judge your child against anyone elses because all babies are different, they don't come with manuals or remote controls, lol. And you have to do what you think is best. You are all doing a wonderful job. You all have a wealth of support and knowledge in this forum. And please don't take well meaning advice from people who have been there as an insult to what you are doing as I'm sure it's not meant like that. As Dr Phil says you can either own it or throw it away it is your choice.

Welcome back Cee Cee, congratulations babe, can't wait to read your birth story.

Jess So sory about you and DH, good luck with everything.

Love the photos Candy. He's so gorgeous. I have also put some new ones up if anyone wants to look

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Enigma - her last scan was 9mm, and the Hospital 'line' for "server" is 10mm - so she is not considered a serious risk.. they will do another scan in 2 weeks and hopefully it will be less... I remember the first time I heard the news that she was not perfect and it seemed to matter so much then, now it does not matter, nothing matters but my love for her. oh no, here come the water works! ummmm... (good tears)...

Hi Everyone,

Well I feel as though the whole issue that kelly was trying to get at was because of my comment on how I was putting farex in jacks bottle. Well sorry but I dont believe that I am doing the wrong thing. I guess that you dont agree Kelly and your entitled to your own opinion. I might not be a midwife or doctor or LC but I am a mother and I know when my son is not settling well at night. Its only 1 teaspoon, not a can of roast beef and veges. I'll keep things like that to myself in future....

On a much brighter note, my darling rowen is home tonight!!!! Yay! I cant wait and neither can the kiddies!

Welcome back CeeCee glad to hear all is well!!

Nic, I hope the Zantec works for Nixon. It really helped my reflux when pregnant so fingers crossed for him...

Jess, make sure you are eating well, and drinking loads of water. This definately helps milk production. Also try eating nuts. Esp almonds as they are rich in protein. Also cheese and milk are known to help. I had a time when I couldnt keep up with the twins demands but I did a bit of research and changed my diet and bingo!!!! there was my milk again! Also stress is a number 1 no no! So try to relax, easier said than done for you I know.

Enigma, dont worry, Rowen is copping it when he is home too. One minute I am happy then I'm yelling at him! It is definately hormones cos I know I am doing it but just cant seem to stop!

I have started riding again. I rode twice last week and again this week. I feel good and my horse is definately glad I'm back in action. Jack and Charlee have both met him and he loves them. Tries to lick them!!! They sleep soundly in the pram in the stables for me too! Good babies!

Thumbs down

Go ahead and have a weep, Cee Cee You were put through the wringer with all these diagnoses, so you deserve to just feel all that love for her and wallow in it!
    BTW, I have started to scour the breastfeeding and comfort feeding threads to talk BFing, cos there does seem to be a bit of angst in this thread from time to time and it's probably better to find a thread where you don't feel you have to hold back for fear of causing offence or uncovering someone else's baggage about feeding. By the same token, there is the FF thread, for those taking that road! Kelly's right, we should probably move these discussions to a more topic-friendly environment, but I do find that my feeding issues are what I want to discuss ATM and we've always shared our issues amongst us Junies
    Hee, hee, Heaven - your co-sleeping kind of blows the theory out of the water that it 'interferes' with your sex life! I read a good response to someone offering this comment when they find out about the co-sleeping - "do you only have sex in bed at night?". I read that in the ABA magazine that just went out and had a good laugh.
    I read somewhere that electrolyte drinks can boost breast milk supply - did I read that here, or in another forum? I've bought myself a tub of Powerade, mainly cos I'm finding I'm barely drinking any water during the day (apart from the water in my fruit juice and glass of metamucil!), so I shall see what it does to my supply...
    Um, does anyone know (in advance of my MHCN appt on Friday) if diet affects baby's poo and its irritability factor on baby's bum skin? Oscar's just starting to get a bit of nappy rash and his poo's are still runny (one nurse said cos he's getting too much foremilk, but I'm loathe to express it all away). I know I haven't been eating nearly enough due to a strangely suppressed appetite, so I hope that's not it or I'll feel terrible! I resorted to a disposable nappy last night and his bum was clearer when I changed it again. I'm also putting away the Sudocrem for a bit and using plain old lanolin out of a tube. I'll see how I go.
    Oscar's sleeping again, so I'll go to the loo and fold some nappies before getting some steak cooked and chips oven cooked!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I was worried you would feel attacked by this and it wasn't the idea. I spoke to Pinky who is an ex-nurse and IBCLC (a stringent medical exam involved) and she too is concerned about bubs liver having to process food products at such a young age. I am not trying to tell anyone off, but please be wary of the real risks of this. I am only concerned for you all - I didn't just start this site cos I had nothing better to do, but because I want to change the way things are - not mum's choices, but the information she has access to. I would hate for people to think of BB as a place of mis-information and medical-incorrectness (is that a word LOL). *hugs*
    Last edited by BellyBelly; July 11th, 2006 at 06:17 PM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

**** Sorry CeeCee, I missed your last post! Now I feel like a real *****! I hope you are ok. A huge hug for you it must be very hard. Once again sorry for being a bit insensitive!

Kel - hang a big Do Not Disturb outside your bedroom door heh Good to hear your having hormonal mood swings too.. its nice to not be the only one .. btw - im hoping you and Gabysmum can make it Perth when we have our meet up!

CeeCee- she IS perfect , and im keeping my fingers crossed all will be well at the next scan. Its so nice to see your bonding well... nothing like a mothers love

Hmmm, don't know where the thumbs down thing came from in my last post!
    Kel - I don't think Kelly was responding to you specifically, I noticed quite a few comments from various of us here along the same lines, and I feel that is what Kelly responded to, rather than a single poster My feeling is that she posted in order to clarify things for those of us who are BFing who might get mixed messages from what other Junies are doing with their formula etc, and for those who have been comp feeding who might get confused about their own methods by what another Junie is doing something different. Like Kelly said, it's no time for self-diagnosis and it's best to consult someone qualified than to experiment with what someone else is doing on a forum. Ooh, just read Kelly's response - I hope I'm on the right track with what I just wrote?
    I think we all concur that the only person you are ultimately answerable to is yourself, but we're allowed to state our positions here, or it wouldn't be a proper forum!
    Horse riding - Kel, I already feel like I could get back on and I can't wait! My girly bits feel fine and I think cos we'd both be so out of condition that we'd start off slowly enough to not only not exacerbate the muscle separation, but that a slow re-introduction might even benefit my abdominals and the separation. I'll ask a qualified opinion on the separation before I do, but I'm ready to ride again! I didn't think I would after only 3 weeks, but I'm contemplating DTD too...No wonder DP thinks I'm recovered enough to start housework again! To ride again I'd need someone to carry my gear, though...I don't think DP feels to nicely about being my strapper, so riding might have to wait a bit longer...

CeeCee glad to see you back and glad to see that you are enjoying been a mum to your beautiful little girl Alexandra.

Dee do you have MSN, maybe we can organise an outing of some sort.

hugs xoxo

Lol, IK PMSL as I type this, We don't do it with them in there , hehehehe.
    Some experts will say that what you eat doesn't affect baby, but its funny how unsettled baby gets when I eat cabbage or mango, not to mention yucky smelly poos.

I for one think that us Junies have developed a real bond and I certainly support each and everyone of you in your choices. Us Junies have discussed many issues and all have valid opinions and don't believe that any of us have really upset anyone in here on the contrary although we may give differing opinions we have always supported each other and accept and respect each others different point of view and I hope that we continue to do so. You don't always agree with your friends, do you? But you're still friends. Lol.

Misskel, hugs babe don't take it to heart babe, we have all made comments about this issue and I'm sure Kelly just wants to give advice in general. On another note and woohoo for riding again.

Oowwee Cee Cee for the stitches. Good luck with the pelvic floor muscle exercises. I've always been lucky with mine, BUT I've never had a tear or stitiches though.
    Sorry Amanda I missed your post, Yes I do have MSN. It would be great to have a get together.

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBelly
    I would hate for people to think of BB as a place of mis-information and medical-incorrectness (is that a word LOL). *hugs*

Medical- incorrectness is definately a word according to the world of Jess! All of my pregnancies have been full of medical-incorrectnesses(is that a word?)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast