Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #22

Morning all, must share. DH is scrubbing the upstairs shower, unprompted (other than by the horrible state it was in). God I love him

ETA: Bath, have fun with Santa!!

Hey ladies, just dropped in to say hi... nickers and i are going to our austprem chriissy party out in sunbury today... just wanted to send a big hi and out to everybody hehe be on later girlies, ahve a great day!!

Simone - sounds like you had a great night, glad you enjoyed it. Was the food good? Have a great day at the austprem xmas party with Nic.

Bath - hope the kids enjoy Santa and the queues aren't too long. Raspberry shortcakes sound yum, can you give the same thing to the other set of neighbours?

Rory - got to love a man that cleans a shower without having to be asked!

IK - hope you made it to your refresher in time. Its hard getting motivated so early on a Sunday morning!!!

Off to the 4 yo princess party at 3pm. Chelsea wants to wear glitter on her face too!!

Everyone enjoy your day.

OMG I think EVERY family had the same idea as us regarding Santa photos at Myer this morning... we got there at 5 past 10 and the queue was the longest I've ever seen it in all my four years of doing it! Melbourne Junies: it was down to the sales desk in the Christmas tree area of the decorations section! So we gave that a miss... decided to return to Melbourne Central, did a bit of shopping, then (because we had the car) drove up to the Diamond valley miniature train instead. The queue there wasn't as "bad" as usual (probably because everyone was in at Myer!!!!) so we got straight on a ride. Wade loved every minute of it! Now we are home and I'm preparing for our guests tonight... Mel: nah, we ate all the shortcake and raspberries last night so I'm just going to whip up a quick chocolate cake instead.

Rory: Standing ovation for your DH (they generally need recognition for that kinda stuff LOL)

hehehe just read my post from last night OOPS!!

luckily Nixon knew it was Sunday thismorning and slept till 10am! so, so did i.... the power was out for some unknown reason thismorning...

Just got back from Austprem chrissy party, was good to put faces to names, kiddies had fun, was good to see yah again Simone, met Ryan & got a cuddle of Anneliese!
    Poor Declan was sick in the car when they were leaving, is he alright now?
    Nixon was his usual smiley self. Simone u will be happy to know i got home DH has done the edges and lawns of the back & front yard, cleaned the garage and back paving area!

i took a pic of Nix in his chrissy gear to use as a xmas card, i will upload it on our ticker now if it works.
    Mel hope the party is fun.

Yay for DH cleaning up as he was meant to...
    Declan was sick again just as we pulled up in the drive way, is currently in bed (got his old cot mattress out and covered it in towels) i hope he's better now though, as i cant do any washing atm... Isnt cuddling anneliese like cuddling a ft newborn?!! Will try and get some photo's to you nic...

Hi everyone!

I started Christmas shopping yesterday and can't believe the amount of people around! It was a fair bit crammed at Kmart for the 20% off toys sale! I am going to give a Bratz doll to their wishing tree this year. My neice loves everything Bratz but she has just about all of their dolls and stuff! I got her a Bratz clock but I think she might already have one! Will have to check. Still gotta buy for 2 nephews and 2 unborns yet. Payday on Wednesday so will have to hang on until then.

Am going back on the pill today (microgyn) if anyone else is on IT or has been on it can you let me know? I would like to know if it makes you put on weight and the pharmacist reckons they're all the same - but I know they're not! If I do get weight gain will have to go back to barrier method as I still need to loose 13kgs!.

I bought a sippy cup for Aleise today and she's totally puzzled with it.. she tried sucking it like a bottle and water went all over her chest and tummy.. well its pretty hot so at least it cooled her down a bit. Do they eventually get the hang of sippy cups or what?? She will be 6 months too on Friday. Ohhh Happy 6 months CODY!

Must get the Xmas tree and cards organised.. Nothing else to report really.. will do personals next time as there's too much to catch up on.

Seeya!

Neeny, they do get the hang of them... There's tommy tippee one thats a cup, but the cpout is more like a teat... they are normally on the bottom shelf where the bottle and everything are hanging up in the kiddie section...

Happy 6m cody for yesterday...

Happy Birthday Jess! Hope your kiddies and DH are spoiling you...

I hope Declan is ok Simone, maybe he just ate to much do you think Kids always go crazy when it comes to chips/cakes etc.

Lots of posts for a weekend!
    Refresher was good and Oscar was quite manageable. DP may be going away next week to do some firefighting...so I get to stay home holding the baby, so to speak. I'm stewing on a couple of issues to do with women in the fire services. I haven't formulated anything solid in my head, so I'm still just 'grrrring' at the moment. Men are such wet blankets when it comes to accommodating anyone other than male, adult humans.
    Glad your dinner went well, Mel - bread and butter pudding sounds lovely!
    Rory - nice of DH to take the initiative eventually! DP eventually cleans the toilet because ages ago I declared that I won't clean it. I have no objection other than that DP needs a token area to clean, as I keep the bathroom clean that we both use (not to mention other parts of the house...).
    Pity about the queues, Bath! I remember doing the queue when I was a kid. I remember the rooftop carnival, too! My mum took us every year, without fail.
    Well, I'm feeling a bit defeated at the moment and it's making me really quite tired (related to my stewings re:above). Might have a snooze while Oscar's also sleeping...got heaps to do around here, but I think I need a nap.

NIc - the funny thing is he barely ate anything, just half a sausage. HE threw up again about 10 mins again, just some water i gave him a little while ago, so everything that goes into his stomach bounces almost straight back up. He's dry reaching now, but wont drink or eat anything, its as if he knows that he will throw up again if he does... poor little man. something always has to be wrong in this household!! Just its not gastro...

OMG Declan was having a cuddle with DH while i ate my dinner (he wont let anyone put him down) and he threw up ALL over DH twice, then when i went to put him in the shower, did it twice more... when i got him out, i put a nappy on him, then had to help xander with going to the toilet, and when i came out, declan had put himself to bed!! HE really must be sick... In for a long night, Dh has gone to work the Elton John concert, so its just me...

Where's everyone tonight?? Ill be lurking Mwahahaha

ohhhhh Declan.......poor mite. i hope now he is in bed he sleeps well for you Simone and wakes up in the morning feeling better.
    Dunno how you are doing it all chick 3 kiddies and a broken hand we should start calling you Superwoman!
    Nixon fought to go to sleep tonight but i let DH deal with him! he's off now so hopefully has a good night.

I've had enough already! Declan just will not stop! (i know its not his fault.) Everytime i try and give him just a little of water (got it a bottle, putting in 20mls at a time) he throws it up. He's still throwing up food, even though i didnt think he had any left. I think he has gastro. Nic, im so sorry if he does, i know you dont need nixon being sick again...

This is the last thing i needed, my wrist has started swelling again, and is REALLY sore, i was hoping to knock myself out with some sleeping pills tonight... *sigh*

sorry to go on and on girls, i just dont know why i seem to get ALL the bad luck. Just when i though all the kids would be ready to go back to daycare tomorrow, and i would get a day to catch up on housework (its going to take me twice as long as it normally would) and some sleep...

Nic - i see you have changed your ticker (and the pick of nixon is so cute!!)
    Last edited by simone; December 3rd, 2006 at 08:44 PM.

Simone - poor little Declan and poor you again! I hope he gets better soon and you all get a good nights sleep. Sorry to hear you're on your lonesome again, it' no fun esp with a sick child. Fingers crossed no one else gets it. Glad you had fun at the austprem chrissy do. Sounds like you all had fun (apart from Declan spewing).

Nic - hope you didn't have a sore head this morning as your post was rather funny!!!! Sleep in must of helped. New pic of Nixon is so cute. Well done DH for being so busy today, it was a pretty good day for anything outdoors.

Bath - can't believe the queue! Everyone trying to get in early before the rush (I think today must have been the rush!). At least Wade got to have some fun on the train. Is he getting any Thomas stuff for xmas? How was your choc cake?

Neeny - I went to shops Friday and it was pretty busy (got there at 10am!). My friends who work in retail say it's busier much earlier this year. Hate waiting till payday - my pay is on a Thursday, so sometimes I miss out on the sales as they finish on Wed. I haven't tried Marley with a cup yet but they do get the hang of it eventually and at least it cools her down when she spills it!!

IK - what's happening at the fire service? Are they being funny with women being in it? You'll soon straighten them out. Did you have your nap? My friend was going to head to ABA for bras, what were the prices like there (are they roughly same as Myer?). Hope you got your nap and are feeling refreshed.

Party was such fun. It started at 3.30pm and we got home at 9.30!!! Boys were drinking and almost ready to get into the spa, thankfully a few declined so we managed to get out the door and head home. Poor Chelsea was so tired! They did lots of fun games - a colouring competition, sat in the princess tent and had a story read to them, pass the parcel, Hi-5 dancing when they were all worn out they sat in the lounge and watched Wiggles!!!! Gave me some great ideas for Chelseas 4th bday in January.

Will try to get to bed before midnight tonight (yeah right!), but will lurk for a while!

Morning girls! Very tired ATM cause AGAIN I went to bed late (after midnight) - I am a bit like you Mel!!

DH posted his first comment on BB under the "Mens General Chatter - Struggling with fatherhood" post - I am pretty proud of his advice

Weekend passed smoothly, friends over for BBQ yesterday, and I'm going shopping for a Nancy Gantz body slimmer today. We have a black tie Law Institute function friday night so I need to pull in the belly and avoid VPL for the dress I plan to wear. It fits ok but would look better with the Nancy Gantz, IYKWIM!!

Mel I like the sound of that party - I am so looking forward to Flynn's first b'day!

Simone, how is Declan today?

IK, I look forward to the outcome of your musings! I am always up for a discussion about women's rights - you know me!!

Neeny - good point about the Chrissy cards - I "plan" to send them every year but always fail dismally!!

Nickers - PML at your drunken post!!

Bath - funny thing about my DH, if he is thanked for doing stuff like the shower he gets offended cause he says I shouldn't think of it as a favour but more just him doing "our" job, which is to co-operate in keeping the house clean. If you read him Mrs Cleaver comment in the mens forum you will probably get my drift. He cracks me up, though

Better go - have to clean before I go out. The boy is sleeping in his pram so I better change the sheets in his cot....

Good morning... busy weekend... Verity is at home today finishing homework that she was unable to do over the weekend... then we are going back into myer one final time to see if we can get these photos done!

I'm quietly miffed about a few things too IK so i sympathsise. I guess I'm finding that my parenting style is quite unusual and it's alienating other parents. For example: last night we had neighbours and their children over. Well it was like our place became their play venue... top priority was that they have fun. Whenever DH and I tried to actually talk to the adults their children would come over and pull on their parent's arms until they took them into Wade's room to play with toys etc. I know I know you'll say they were just being kids but these parents simply turned their backs on us EVERY single time their children demanded their attention. They just didn't seem capable of meeting their children's needs if it was urgent or meeting their needs whilst chatting at the same time. And they spoke to these children (including a 12 yo boy) in these softly softly delicate baby voices like: "ok darling, whatever you want darling, ok sure sweetheart... ok I'll lift you up so that you can play with delicate family heirlooms that have obviously been placed out of reach of Wade... but you are my little Prince who I just can't say 'no' to so I'll let you bash it against the shelf because if you want to break it then I'm not going to be a baddy parent and actually lay down a nasty boundary!"

Needless to say I'm starting to wonder whether I'm a bad parent myself for having boundaries and rules because so many parents I meet these days seem to have this "I'm your friend, not your parent" style. it's driving me NUTS!

Anyhow, let me fester over this for a while... i'll go into the city... come back later and no doubt be over it! LOL ... and do personals.... Hope you all have lovely days girls

Bath, you're a wonderful aprent, and you have 3 beautiful, well behaved children to vouch for that!! Dont let other people'd behaviour let you doubt yourself

Declan has stopped throwing up, but ryan is here today, as he's sick too...

Thinking of going to drs today as my wrist is hurting really bad still, and i need some decent painkillers...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast