Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #22

good afternoon

Well, last night wasnt as good as i had hoped, Lachlan woke at 10pm, not hungry just cranky, i tried for an hour to re settle him but there was no way he was going back to sleep and it would have been close to bottle time anyway so i got him up and gave him the bottle, he slept until 3.30 then 5.30 then 6.30 so still not too bad but not as good as it has been, i really think his teeth are bothering him that, and he did a BIG poo this morning too and hes been a bit happier since.

its such a lazy day today, i have just finished putting up the christmas tree, DF wouldnt help, hes not getting off the lounge today hes told me. We just had an argument because his work called to see if he could go and do some over time today, he is also working his RDO on tuesday and i just never see him, i told him this and he got really angry at me and told me to go and get a job so we can make ends meet. I know times are tough at the moment but i also think that he has NO trouble going up the club last night spending $40 on beer and who knows how much he spends a week on Cigarettes so dont tell me that we are struggling, When he gives those up i might take notice!!!

IK - Poor oscar, i felt so bad for him when i read your post!! the poor little pumkin. but i guess that comes with childhood, they are all going to fall over, fall off their bikes, scratch their knees etc. We just have to be there to comfort them, its all we can do!

Hi Dee... I meant to add that Niall is still giving me the odd bite now and again... and I also accidentally pushed him off quite roughly once due to reflex... he didn't cry though, so musn't have hurt or scared him... poor little guy... I think the penny will drop soon... I recall Wade going through a similar phase that lasted a week or two before he cottoned-on.

Oh Bath, i cant say ive had the pleasure of a bite yet! i dont imagine it would be nice.

Gee its quiet in here today, everyone is probably out doing family stuff, hard to do in this house when the cricket is on!!!!

Ha! The cricket is always on in this house too... but ATM DH is in Wade's bedroom sitting cross legged on the floor playing "trains" with him... and I'm taking Chrissy piccys of Niall.

Hey ladies, im here...

bout to start digging out clothes to wear to the BB xmas dinner tonight. Not doing very well, my good arm is aching due to it having to take on all the weight when i carry something, and i didnt sleep last night... between allie and my wrist grrr... and its so hard to pick her up!! i cannot use my left arm for anything atm, because if where i broke it i cant even move my fingers without pain...

had some panadol 15's before, not doing anything for the pain (got rid of my headache though!!) so stopped taking them. i want to have a few drinks tonight, and dont want to mix meds and wine...

dont worry about me, just feeling pretty sad, sore and sorry for myself.

Awww Simone... ouchy!:neutral: I hope that the BB dinner tonight goes well and takes your mind off your pain! Can I sign your cast next Friday?! I'll help you make it pretty.

Ok... I've been summoned to check out the new train track design... back later...

Oh and one of the new Chrissy piccys of Niall that I uploaded onto his site shows his 2 new bottom teeth... he got them exactly the same time as Wade did according to his calendar.

Been putting up Chrissy lights today all around the house. Will see the effect later tonight.
    Got kicked out of the house for awhile before as my two eldest kids have gone and organized something for dinner tonight without me knowing.
    Hopefully going to mums tomorrow for a birthday lunch and then we'll head home Monday afternoon(kids have a day off!)
    Hope your wrist feels better soon Simone!

Finally back from the party - it was such fun. They had a clown who was hilarious and the kids loved him. It was a nice day outside, but a bit windy.

Bath - love Niall's new santa photo, so cute! Someone bought Chelsea "The Christmas Story" by **** Bruin (sp?) who writes Miffy. It tells the whole story of Mary & Joseph, beautiful book with very simple pictures. It's important that they understand Christmas isn't just about the presents.

Dee - poor little man, sounds like his teeth are bothering him, it's horrible as there really isn't that much you can do for it. My MCHN told me to get some ice cubes, rub your finger on the ice and then rub their gums (cools them down) or put a soft face washer in the fridge, then when cold, let them chew on it. Not a very fair comment by DH esp when he is buying beer & cigarettes. Might have just been a spur of the moment comment?

Simone - feel so sorry for you! I really hope you enjoy yourself tonight, you deserve it. Have a drink for me and Make sure you tell us all about it tomorrow.

IK - not enough hours in the day to get done what you want! You'll be up 24 hours a day LOL!!!! Glad you got your bras. When I was feeding, the Loveable bras were the most comfortable and at least gave you some shape. Breakfast was divine this morning, no children! I had eggs benedict with bacon and the hollandaise sauce was beautiful, plus their jumbo coffee. Chelsea enjoyed dancing, they are doing a dance to xmas songs, very cute as I get a demo when she gets home.

Looking forward to my garlic prawns tonight. One more party tomorrow - a 4 yo fairy party, so Chelsea is looking forward to wearing her fairy dress, wings, tiara, wand - the works!!! I wish I had of got a fairy dress for Marley too as I have seen babies ones - very cute.

Might not get a chance to pop back tonight, so everyone have a great night.

Hiya Jess, Happy Birthday for tomorrow! I see you have adjusted your ticker... enjoy your 30's... it's the best decade I reckon

Hiya Mel: OOhhh garlic prawns yummo!!! They are soooo quick and easy... the only reason i'm not going to be a copy cat is cos they are so expensive! Might have them as a treat New Year's Eve dinner!

whoops... gotta go again...

Bath it's not too bad when only cooking for 2, Chelsea will eat only one or two. The other bonus is my friend is buying them - I am doing dessert (bread & butter pudding, again - I love it!!). You are right - so quick and easy, yet so tasty!!! My mouth is watering now LOL!!!

Thankyou bath. I loved being 30...not looking forward to 31 though!

Mum actually gave me a tip for Telstra Prepaid Plus phones..atm they have a deal that if you recharge for $30 and nominate 5 fixed/mobile Telstra numbers, you can ring those numbers FREE for 30 days, so I went and had a check on the telstra site and promptly signed up. I honestly feel like I'm cheating the system, but this deal is great.( My b'day present to myself!)

Tim made me breakfast this morning, a lovely vegemite sandwich! A little bit more vege than I would like but yummy all the same!

Roast Lamb and Chicky sandwiches for tea tonite, plus a "surprise" birthday cake! I wangled the information out of my aunt! Apparently Kate is going to be a waitress and after she takes our "orders" she will come back out and say that sorry there will be no meal served tonite as the chef has thrown a wobbly!LOL

Just a quickie tonight, Cody is 6 mths today, were has the time gone.

Simone hope the swelling has gone down and that you are enjoying dinner tonight.

Jess Happy birthday, I hope that your special dinner turns out nice.

Everyone else hope all is well.

hugs xoxo

Quick one from me too - Happy 6 months Cody!

Hello to everyone else (wave!!) Been to GF's daughter's first b'day party today - she is such a little doll! Flynn was a lamb and slept from 12 till 2pm, then from about 4 to 6pm then from 7pm till now - slept through getting lugged in and out of the car! I think all the rolling on the grass and being handed around tired him out.

Tree was up yesterday - looks FANTASTIC!! DH was lovely and put the lights on for me and even complimented the final product - he is usually gruffly anti-chrissy deccos - but the tree just looks so great with all the baubles! will post a piccy - Nic, must check out your tree -it sounds lovely!

gotta go - DH's b'day on tueday so having mates over tomorrow - happy B'day Jess - a sagitarius like my DH - your DH is lucky to have someone like you!

Bath- Nope never broken any bones (touch wood) skiing/snowboarding. i see Nialls teeth too, when did they come through?
    DH has had plenty of injuries (spent alot of time in Canada in his younger yrs.

Amanda- Happy 6 months Cody whoo hoo!

im a little tipsy writing thisso excuse now for any typo's!
    Been downt he end of the street for chrissy drinks. DH doesnt like migling with ppl he doesnt now but had a heap of fun, and excited to find out the couple opp us are 8w pregnant!
    anyway Nixon seems better and was the most smilest boy ever, and taking (his language) the whole time, he loves kids and OMG did not realise how many kids there are i our street!
    anyway just great walking up the rd to then be home!
    Simone- hope the BB dinner was ncie and how s your wrist?

Jess - happy birthday, sounds like you got spoilt by your family - even it was only vegemite sandwiches! Hope your birthday cake was yummy!

Amanda - happy 6 months Cody

Rory - Flynn is such a good bubba! Glad DH is getting into the xmas spirit, I think it makes a difference when you have a family, no matter how young they are. Looking forward to seeing your tree, Nic's looks great. We could have a tree competition LOL!!!!

Nic - sounds like your night was fun! Nice to make new friends in your street. We don't have any youngies around here, all oldies! Glad you made it home up the street LOL!!

My dinner was delicious and my bread & butter pudding a winner again! It's just started raining here - it better keep going!

Hope everyone has had a good night and catch you all tomorrow.

hey ladies

BB dinner was grea, dranka whole bottle of wine... H was meantto come pick me up but snapped the car keys off in the door. so have to find the spares if i want to go to austprem chrissy party tomorrow... wrist is still sore, but a little more bearable. there was 20 of us ther, met Logan (gorgeous!!) and Cailins Seth, he was just a cutie Had a blast

Hi all,
    Sounds like a good day was had by most yesterday!
    I bought some more Christmas presents at the market yesterday and then went to watch the fire brigade demo comp. We left there late and headed to my GF's for dinner and got home and into bed by 11...and Oscar has only woken once (at my insistence, to alleviate the pressure in my leaky boob!). In 15 mins we are supposed to be at the fire station for a first aid refresher...
    The rain is lovely - kind of glad I had to cancel on helping out with my riding club's Christmas gymkhana to attend the refresher, I mean indoors vs outdoors in rain and cold...pretty easy! I do miss riding in the gymkhana, though, as I haven't done that for 3 years running now
    Must remember to get the decorations box out and decorate the house!
    I"ll be back later, with personals, but I'll eat somethign and then get the boys up...

Just a quickie... about to get ready for our trip into the city for Myer Santa piccys... Simone: that's great! I'm so glad you enjoyed the BB dinner... they are usually great for catching up with people you've seen on here and having a good chat... Hiya Amanda: Happy 6 months Amanda for Cody! ...Rory: I was a bit like your DH, a bit anti-Santa etc before having my own kids, funny how you change... Nic: sounds like you had a great time at your street party, you're going to LOL at all your typo's darl! hehe... Jess: hope you have a lovely RELAXING day today

Well last night we had our neighbours over for drinks and dessert. It was just a last minute thing... I made a raspberry shortcake, very quick and easy (made the shortcake a few days ago)... we are having another set of neighbours over tonight! Not sure what I'll make for them yet...

Well better hop to it... want to get there nice and early so that we are at the start of that loooooooong queue!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast