Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #22

OK ladies. im typing one handed for the next 6 weeks - im in plaster!! I;ve broken my wrist, one of the carpal bones (that help my wrist rotate) Damn kids and their toys... at least its my left, not right!! But on the first day of summer... just my luck.

Im going to have a lay down, as im not taking any pain killers (Anneliese doesnt need any more crap in her system!!) so ill be back later...

Oh no Simone! Plaster in summer is wretched! Had my leg in plaster one summer... ooooh the itch! Just don't be tempted to poke anything down there to scratch because if you break the skin there's major drama apparently.

Well we had a great time in the city today... Had lunch with DH at Bellini's (you'd know where that is Rory... apparently you work next door to my DH... you've probably crossed paths a million times!) Then we went over to 333 Collins St. and saw the humungeous Christmas tree. Oh and also Wade went on the Myer Santa train... he was so brave, had to go by himself... and a bit coot too... such a good little boy... I thought he would have "been too shy" but he loved every minute of it! We're going to go back as a family on Sunday for Santa photos... it's a bit of a tradition... been there for the past 4 years... the photos make perfect gifts when framed for hard-to-buy-for relatives.

Oh and I ALSO had a dream about my DH getting involved with this tart of a woman at his work who everyone calls 'fish lips'... I woke up very disturbed... in the dream we were all abroad a boat that became shipwrecked on a sand bar then a huge wave came and only I noticed it because everyone else was too busy flirting etc... so I started to swim for the shore and was the only survivor... everyone else drowned... I was affected for the rest of the day, just awful, so I can imagine what state of mind you other poor Junies were in after your dreams of unfaithfulness

Ok... Niall needs to be put down for a nap.... hyper-stimulation today... he's over tired.

Hey bath, glad you had a good day

i went and saw DH after the hossy, had lunch at Nandos in King St, drove home... not going to do that again!! Now sitting in bed on the laptop, wondering if i should ring the dr and ask for some drugs LOL im in agony...

just posted a pic of our tree in "other stuff" folder we bought a big 8f ooter from target its awesome! just gotta get some pressies under it now! we've gone with the "snow" theme seeings we both love the snow and DH would prefer to have a white xmas every year if we could.
    It just needs the star on top which when DH comes home he will help Nixon put it on!

Simone- OMG, you poor thing... i hope DH can help u out more with the kids over the next 6 weeks, how did u do it tripped over a toy or something?

Dee- Wow Lachlan just keeps going longer and longer, soon he'll be sleeping so much you will forget what how he used to be! (well maybe not but u'll soon get used to the long hours thats for sure.

Nope Nixon is not crawling yet, he aint sitting yet, well he isnt even really rolling yet. He can do it, has done it from tum to back but now just refuses, lasts only a few mins on his belly and gets frustrated face plants and carrys on till i turn him over......
    so dont have to worry about him getting to the tree this year! (doubt he will accomplish sitting let alone crawling in the next 3-4weeks)

Went to the seminar thismorning, it was really good. there were 15mums (1dad) half brought their bubs, all born between 27-36weeks.
    we got some info, everyone was really nice & now we are starting a playgroup that runs for 8weeks for a research program on premmie development. Its good to have the a whole range of gestations they were all born.
    We got next Friday for the 1st one, then break over xmas and start in the new year. Good opp to meet other mums and also get advice tips & not worry if Nixon is doing everything other bubs his age are.

Simone - your poor love! It's going to be fun for you with 3 kids and one arm!! Hopefully you can get DH to help. Hope its not too painful.

Nic - tree looks beautiful, what a great job you did. You should rotate your photo so it sits in the portrait setting, easier to see. Premmie study sounds interesting. Wonder what they will find at the end of it. Working with researchers, I am always interested with what they find.

Dee - things are getting better and better for you. You might find after his initial teething, his sleep pattern may improve more. I enjoyed the show too.

Bath - sounds like you had a great day. Well done Wade for going on the train. Kids photos are the perfect gift!

Well I had a major breakthrough today - Chelsea went up to see Santa (YEAH!!!). It took a while and a few tears but he was such a nice Santa, he coaxed her up with a Starlight Foundation wand which flashes (very cool!) and came out to talk to her, she quickly blurted out what she wanted, but still wouldn't sit on the seat. Marley sat with him, happy as larry! Then Santa got out some bubbles and blew them for her, she thought he was very cool doing that so she got a bit closer and stopped crying to blow some bubbles herself. He was a great Santa! She finally agreed to stand next to the seat while Marley sat on his knee. The picture is rather cute as Santa is holding the bubble blower. Hopefully next year won't be as hard.

Have 2 kids parties over the weekend so bought pressies and just before leaving met up with IK and had a quick coffee. She had the coolest shopping jeep, very modern and big enough to put everything in. (IK where did you get it???). Oscar looked very comfy in the new Ergo.

What's going on with all the weird dreams????? Have you girls been drinking the same water LOL!!

just rotated it thanks Mel!
    meant to say Bath i know how u feel when u hae a disturbing dream. even though u know its not real u just cant stop thinking about it! Ive even partially gotten mad with dh when i had a dream about him being unfaithful LOL!

i dont have dreams of dh being unfaithful to me, i get accused of being unfaithful to him grrr...

Ohhh i can smel someone having a bbq... i dont know what to have for dinner, very limited on what i can cook, and cant afford t/a... will have to find something!!!

im off for a while, will prolly be back later tonight (unless u get some good painkillers, then i will be off my face YAY one can only wish...)

Love ya girls,
    Simone xoxo

Hey guys

my SIL ended up coming around and keeping me company, then dh brought me around pizza for dinner. might have to go back to the hospital tonight, my wrist has started swelling and the pain is almost unbearable... i hate this. My bad luck has got to end sometime soon.... or i have to win lotto!!

im off to bed girlies, i might come back tomorrow.

Love, Simone xx

Simone - I hope your wrist feels better soon, must not feel to good if its swelling. Try and get some rest (yeah right!!) and let the painkillers do their job. Enjoy your pizza!

Simone - You poor thing, i dont know what its like to have plaster i have never had it (although i desperately wanted to break my arm when i was in primary school cause it was sooooo cool to write and draw things on it. I hope the pain eases up for you and the doc can give you something to help with the swelling. hang in there, 6 weeks will hopefully fly by!

Nickers
    - That premmie study sounds great! You will have to let us know what you find out. Lachlan isnt sitting or doing any of that stuff either, we arent really worried about our tree this year, next year will be the worry!

Bath - What a horrible dream, what is it with the dreams lately! oh well as long as thats all they are i suppose. The family trip to see santa sounds like fun. I think we are going to go on Tuesday to see santa, i hope lachlan doesnt get too scared of him!

Mel - Yay for Chelsea sitting on santas lap. it really helps when you get a good santa, i swear some of them have no idea about working with kids. My nephew wouldnt go anywhere near santa so he had to sit on a little train in front of him to have the photo taken.

Anyway, im off to have some desert, then a cup of tea and then bed hopefully!
    Lachlan ate all his sweet potato tonight so im not expecting to hear from him until about 11pm (hopefully later)

haha dee about u want to break ur arm in primary school!! i was the same, thought it would be cool. until i jumped off a freinds balcony in yr 6 and broke my foot!
    i missed out on my dance conert & had a plastered foot over a hot xmas.....i made out that i fell down some stairs (long story but basically hoddled back into the house sat ont he stairs and cried, when someone saw me i told them i fell!! it was a slumber party) my parents though this is what happened till about 2yrs ago i told them the real story, they were so shocked with me!

Simone- i hope u can get some good pain killers to help u tonight....

Simone - Hope the pain goes away! Now you're really going to need H's help (I'll go with your omission of the 'D'!) with the kids, food etc. I hope he can come through for you.
    I ended up leaving Knox at about 5.15! I am pretty tired, cos today was not the more restful day it was supposed to be. However, I found a Christmas present for DP (well, part of it, Aldi next week has some pool/snooker things and I'd like to get him the balls and cue sticks for his pool table), in a headlamp. It wasn't the catalogue one at Aussie Disposals cos I decided he should have a slightly better one so that he can use it for hunting, too (whenever he decides to go back to that - I'd like a matching fox skin!), so he'll be pleased. He knows he needs one for Challenge (well, a torch), so I'll pretend that he has to pack my little mini mag, and give him the headlamp in NZ (it's small enough to pack, obviously!) and he can take the torch out of his pack when we get collected by his mum (remember, he goes on Challenge the day we fly back in). Got a pressie for my sister, too - just a crossover tee, cos I've sent over heaps of stuff this side of August! That leaves my BIL and my parents to take pressies for.
    Anyway, it was great catching up with Mel and the girls - Chelsea is a doll, even if she wanders a bit far and doesn't eat all her ice-cream LOL! She DOES come when called, though!
    So, Mel, I got Santa photos done! A lady told me they were doing them in Boronia for $10, but Knox had a nicer set up and it WAS for a charity I'll scan the photos and post them on Photobucket. I decided that I would frame one and that would be Oscar's Christmas present because it's something he can look at later on and say 'THAT was my first Christmas', instead of some toy that he'll lose interest in etc. OR I could get it put onto a t-shirt for him? The possibilities are endless! I got 4 wallets, too, so I can give them to grandparents... They were very impressed that he just grinned away at Santa, but both Marley and he are of a good age to smile away at anyone! Yes, he was a good Santa, but I suspect he was paying a bit too much attention to my cleavage...I DID decide not to wear a bra with my favourite summer dress (although the effect would have been similar...big bazoongas are big bazoongas no matter what they are in!). Right at the end, when he gave Oscar his glowy wand, he said "So, when you go to ConFest you can find your way back to your tent at night, just using the wand"...WTF? Is it really appropriate to chat with mummies about a hippie festival where clothing is optional??? I walked away feeling a little squirmy...but happy with my photos, nonetheless.
    Nice, warm night tonight. Might start cleaning up this house, there is stuff everywhere.
    I have been writing this on and off for over an hour, so I'll post it now and come back later!

remembered a couple more things:
    Mel, I got the shopping jeep from my mum last Christmas and I'm pretty sure she got it from House. Whenever I take it to Knox I refuse plastic bags and I feel good when I get home that I don't have to squish plastic bags into my bags bag. Yeah, it gets checked at Target and Kmart, but that's ok, cos I have receipts for everything in there!
    The other thing. Oscar had his first outdoor tumble when I got home. DP had him in the beach dome and DP was working on something behind it. Next thing (and this is why I was taken away from my previous post the first time) I hear a wail coming from the back. Deciding that it was louder than an "I would like your attention, Daddy" cry I raced outside. By that time DP was holding him...and his little romper was covered in dirt and leaves...uh-oh. Dare I ask? Well, all DP would say was "he rolled". Upon pushing the issue he said he rolled near the dome. Looking over I said "He rolled down the hill?", DP says yes, I say "All the way down???", DP says no, so I march over to the edge (being that the dome was placed right near the edge) and pointed at a sapling halfway down this little, steep hill, asking "Did THAT stop him?"...ummm, yes. Oscar had stopped crying by then, so we both concluded that he was shocked and not hurt, so I laughed - bad mummy? Well, what was worrying going to do when the event had occurred? And he was unhurt...but with a face full of dirt LOL! Needless to say, DP has learnt a lesson in play equipment placement...
    Dee, things just seem to proceed on this very pleasant trajectory for you, that's unreal!
    OK, something just happened now that almost had me giving DP his pressie early. The headlamp would come in VERY handy and I have to pretend that all we have is a crappy torch!
    OK, I"ll be hanging around tonight, checking in

Dee - go Lachlan eating all his food! I hope Marley is that good when she starts her solids soon!

IK - so Santa was a perve!!!! Dirty old buggar LOL!!! Glad you got your photo done - and being for charity you don't mind paying. Can't wait to see the pic, wish I had a scanner to do mine. You wouldn't believe Chelsea came home and said "I'm really, really hungry"! Seeing as she chucked out nearly a full ice-cream, I told her she wasn't having anything else until dinner - she wasn't too impressed with that answer. Thanks for telling me where the jeep from - will have to investigate. Glad Oscar is OK after his rolly polly adventure. We need eyes in the back of our head now - at least he knows that dirt doesn't taste very nice. Did you get your new bras?

Well finally put up the christmas tree and it looks great, just need to add Chelsea's new decoration (she gets to choose one each year) and get one of the "baby's first christmas" ones from Myer (they are so cute). Chelsea was helping (if you'd call it that) and just throwing stuff wherever it would stay. She then asked "where are the presents", had to explain that Santa isn't coming for a while. Think I might buy one of the advent calendars where you open the window each day in December, she might catch on then. Starting to feel very festive! Taking Chelsea to dancing in the morning and DH is going to stay home with Marley - I get to enjoy a quiet breakfast!!! DH is working tomorrow night, I have a 2 year old party to go to, then a friend coming for dinner - we are making Garlic Prawns YUMMO!!!!! My friend is gay and he used to be a chef, so I can't wait, it's our signature dish! Will be stinking pretty bad by Sunday.

Nearly time for bed - it's cooled down heaps here and is now quite chilly outside!

well hi

Its very late just wanted to pop my head in - will try to post again tomorrow.

IK: one thing about lots of women in party planned events = instant catfights/and female dog behaviour! It only takes one to ruin it for the others. Had a bad expereince years ago with Undercover wear and Army wives!!
    anyway night all!

It HAS cooled down, hasn't it? I bet tomorrow only offers more pretend rain, grrrr.
    Yep, it's late - I've been in Oscar's room, rearranging furniture so that the portacot can go in there. It's a squeeze, but I got it in there. Now it shares a small space with a full size massage table, a chest of drawers, a toy chest, two antique chairs, a bookcase, a heater and an el cheapo box with shelves in it that I cover in a sheet and keep blankets in. 'Cosy' is how I would market it...
    Mel, I got one bra and I've ordered a black one in my size so that when it comes in they will honour the 25% off. I was supposed to get 5% off the skin one I bought because there was a mark on it, but I think I chatted too much at the register (me? Never!) and she forgot (easily done, those registers are ancient and you have to do things in a certain order or you must start again!). Oh, well, it's 25% off alread and the mark will wash out. I LOVE those Lovable maternity bras. I now have a drawer with that style in 3 sizes - I have been fitted for them that many times and I have changed each time! Lucky I have not paid full price for any of them - just not my style to shop in that manner!
    Sounds good to have brekky in peace...I have to curry favour with DP when he's home to get an entire breakfast in! Dinner sounds lovely, I LOVE garlic and we wouldn't notice it on anyone cos we're full of it ourselves
    Hmmm, festive feelings, I should really pull out our decorations box and do up the post and the wood heater...and my magic wreath that I love (that DP hates cos it puts a hole in the front door, bah humbug!).
    I have a couple of projects in my head that I want to knock over, here goes: make a neck support for Oscar for the car (saw them in Kmart and decided to give it a go), repaint a frame with a picture of teddy bears in it, do Oscar's hand and foot prints, finish my beading project, make MIL a cardigany wrap thing for Christmas, make me a summer feeding top. Ha! I'm dreaming...
    Neeny - I don't know what it is, but you may be right. I've thus far had good experiences, but I've heard the stories! Another girl that this lady knew declined to hold a baby that was doing the rounds and she said "I actually don't like babies, it would have to be a really special baby for me to hold it". What a d!ck! She musn't know ANY kids or babies to make a comment like that. Babies are little people, not a type of rodent. Not only that, the mother was right there and this girl was oblivious to the inherent insult in what she said. Some people just don't get it - babies are what we all start out as and I swear some people really forget that. They seem to think babies are something that some women have because they obviously have no life, no aspirations, nothing better to do. Anyway, I turned up late to this party cos I thought I'd miss the spiel...I didn't, doh!
    Well, better go, it's really time for bed. The nappies are in a neat pile, waiting to be folded...at some other juncture but not this one!

#karen# Guest

IK - eeeeewwww what a creepy Santa
    Dee - Yay I am so excited for you. I am so glad things are gfoing better for you and you can now start to enjoy motherhood more.
    Simone - thinking of you, hope things are ok with your wrist, how are you coping with having to pick up Anneleise?
    CC - how did you cope with the heat yesterday? I ended up with a headache and poor Nathan was so unsettled. We don't have a/c so ran a cool bath which most of our family had a turn of.
    Baths- is niall still chomping or grinding when feeding? Nathan is doing this, he hasn't got any teeth thru yet, but they must be coming. Gee it hurts, I take him straight off and won't let him feed for a while. 1st time he did it i went to smack him and thought "oh i can't he's only a baby."
    Amanda - hope you are feeling better today, it can be a thankless job and it can seem so pointless when kids come along and undo all your work. I agree with the others - a bit of me time is needed.
    Nic - pretty tree, just think in a few years it will be covered in decorations Nixon has created.
    Gotta go and get Christmas decorations out. ds1 managed to erect the tree.
    Hi to those I've missed.

Good morning

Well Verity put up our tree last night and decorated it while I relaxed with a martini and watched a program on SBS about Angels. She did a great job. I've tradtitionally been the one to do all that but it seems like I can safely hand over the task to her... I'll pack it all away though no doubt. I've also been reading Nativity stories to Wade so he knows the true meaning of Christmas and doesn't grow up thinking that it's just about getting presents.

IK: LOL I know I shouldn't laugh either but that post about The Sapling Saving The Day was very well written! Would have loved to have been a fly on the dome looking at your DP's expression as he scrambled down to save Oscar. That scenario would have resulted in a fight in 99% of couples I guess... but you are right: screaming at your DP wouldn't have achieved anything, would have just upset Oscar even more! And if you'd yelled at him he would just resent you (because it wasn't deliberate) and not think about future safety of his son as well... so a fight would be totally counter productive. I'm trying to teach my DH these concepts when it comes to dealing with accidents in this house. Good work

Nic: hahaha... another funny story about you wanting a cast... have you ever broken anything whilst skiing? I've got real dodgey knees (broke one during a dislocation) but would love to try skiing... but you hear of so many snow related leg breakages i'm too scared!

I'll have to come back later... DH and DD at Little Athletics... boys need my help...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast