Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #22

Default Babies Born June 2006 #22

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

Love

I'm first - I'm first!!!

Hee hee, that has got to take the cake for being the fastest thread!
    I'm handwriting a letter to my sister to accompany the package...my handwriting used to be nice and now it's shaky...what does THAT tell me?
    Gotta leave soon to my follow up appt.
    Good one, Rory - don't you, like, have a life or something? Huh? Huh? Ummm...do I??? LOL!
    Listening to a replay of a Marian Keyes interview on 774 with Richard Stubbs - I LOVE Marian Keyes!

I see Simone has taken IK's advice and removed her age! In the interests of those non-plats amongst us, here are two comments posted:

As a mother of a child who has spent a lot of time in hospital Simone, I say, you can't stuff about with these things. I know you're off to the doctor now, but next time, don't delay, you can make things so much worse by not taking her to be seen by a professional in good time.

I know the thought of going to hospital is horrid, that the babies have to endure pains there, and it's a not nice place to be, but in some kids who need special care, we have to do what we have to do. Even though I know that each time I rock up to the hospital with Jessalyn with a fever it could mean a week on a drip locked in the hospital for us, I still do it as soon as it is required (for her condition). I know the pain and the trauma that parents suffer when their kids have spent considerable time in hospital, it is haunting, but we must do what's best for the kids at all times, and sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind with these kids. Sometimes a trip to hospital is the better or two evils. Please keep this in mind next time you are worried about taking her to get seen.

Maybe for a prem baby with a comprimised immune system daycare isn't the best place for her right now? Maybe if she continues to pick up these bugs you might have to consider what's in her health's best interests? Prem babies do tend to pick up bugs more easily, as their immune systems don't get a chance to develop as strongly. Just a thought.

Poor little bubby. I hope she is well soon.
    I agree with _________, Simone you need to not delay in getting medical attention for your kids...

I know of a family who's teenager son died due to the school ignoring his hacking cough & poor breathing pattern, when he finally walked in from school, grey & bbarely breathing his parents deliberated about a hospital trip, a Dr's or calling an ambulance after 2 or so hours they drove their son to the hospital fr him to die in the car park!

It was pneumonia that went undoiagnosed for a few days & gradually got worse til he couldnt breathe & actually died!

I always hate going to the hospital with sick kids too, sitting around & waiting feels like forever, but whenever I think I dont have time, I make time, I'd rather be late doing something than burying my baby!

I spent years in & out of Hospital with Asthma, Pneumonia, Bronchitis etc, it aint fun but I thank my parents beacuse for them taking me I am alive today!!!!

I know it's a little OTT, but if all of this is going on I think she sounds like she's pretty unwell...

Next time just call an ambulance!
    Simone, I honestly think they were trying to help (though I think I would get upset too!) but it will be interesting to see if you receive different sorts of responses now your age is removed......

ROTFL IK!! Cue : evil chuckle!

Actually I was just inthe middle of posting the post I did just above yours and it said - sorry thread is closed. Lucky it was mostly quotes otherwise I would have been peeved at losing a post. - No offence Kathryn, not your fault I know

And welcome back Kathryn!!

Yeah, I got in my last post in time and noticed the new thread post just in time before losing what I had written!
    gotta go again, heading to appointment at last...

Hey ladies,

well, Anneliese has a inner ear infection like Declan, a bacterial build up in her sinuses and conjunctivitis. SO no daycare for the rest of this week for her... She's doped up to the eyeballs in meds from the dr, so im hoping she will rest a little so i can rest... I just need a little me time! I cant wait until both the boys are back in daycare...
    Last edited by simone; November 29th, 2006 at 01:22 PM.

Good afternoon girls... just back from yet more Chrissy shopping... nearly all done now...I'll do the final bit on Saturday so that I meet my goal of geeting it all done in November so I can enjoy December more.

Simone: Hope the trip to the doctors went well. I read the linked thread too. I'm seeing a bit of a pattern here: bad stuff happens when you lend your car to your DH. If you have separated he needs to get his own. You also need to keep your finances separate. I probably shouldn't comment because my DH and I have never been through a trial separation before but it seems to me your DH is taking advantage of your good nature. I also think you might do better moving back to Perth to be closer to your family. What are the legal obligations regarding the children? Simone, at the end of the day you need your own car at your disposal 24/7. And you also don't need to be spending your money filling up your car with petrol driving your DH around everywhere. I guess this must be confusing for the DHS... are you separated or not? They would pay you more if you were divorced and single I guess. At the moment you are being an emotional and financial crutch for your DH... you are also giving him the freedoms of single life... and the luxury of being able to sleep through at night at his dad's place without being woken by the kids. Sorry if I seem harsh but some hard choices need to be made. You KNOW we all care for you Simone and never mind your vents but you need to work out what you want and what is best in the long run. If you love your DH then you need to tell him and if he loves you too then he needs to move back in and fufill his responsiblities. If he doesn't then you need to go back to WA and be closer to your family. You'll still be able to have Junies meetups with the girls over there I've known your for nearly a year now darl and really want to see you and your kids happy. Please trust that my advice has come from the right place... you're in my thoughts (((hugs)))

back in a sec...

Thanks bath

I wont be moving back to WA cant afford to. Moving here was free, paid for by the defence force (when dh was in). I want DH to leave as i dont love him as any more than a friend or a brother. But he doesnt see that. I just want to get on with my life and find someone who im compatible with. DH and i are great friends, but that where it stops. Im going crazy, i have so much running through my head, and it doesnt help that im so run down...

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit outspoken in my last post Simone... I think your situation has reminded me a bit of my mother's when I was a teenager. She was in your situation but over in WA... and her family was in NSW. We had no family over there and my mum was terribly isolated. We were also trapped, to a certain extent, because she was living in fear of the guy she was with. He was ex army too and an alcoholic. I felt helpless and frustrated with her for three years. She just didn't seem to know what to do. It was awful . Finally she did manage to get us out and I remember trying to flee in fear of him finding us... but luckily (we didn't know it at the time) he was also fleeing from the law! phew! We never heard from him again so assume he was apprehended and jailed.... he had a list of offences relating to embezzling. I'm not suggesting your situation is at all similar... just that my advice is probably influenced by this. However I do stand by my suggestion that you be a bit more proactive and not reactive to the wishes of your DH. You seem to be in this grey land where nothing is very clear regarding living arrangements / finances / responsibilites etc. You've just got to make the first domino fall and the rest will be easier. The first domino might be a divorce settlement. You don't need to share any more of your personal thoughts in response to this. I'm just trying to give you food for thought.

I'm thinking of going into Borders again tomorrow... anyone want to join me in the cafe corner? ... ETA: Not tomorrow! I meant FRIDAY! LOL

Hey Bath - i may come, i can isolate Anneliese in her pram, as she'll just sleep (Dr has recommended panadol every 6 hours no matter what, at least for the next 24 hours as she's in a lot of pain, so she'll sleep alot over the next day.) The boys will be going into daycare as they're much better. I'd love to come have morning tea with you bath... and im going to buy my SS pressie tomorrow. We have to go to body shop!!! OK Friday, you dork :P Anneliese should be much better by then and it wont be too hot so we're in!!
    Last edited by simone; November 29th, 2006 at 02:17 PM.

Yep... I always go in there on a Friday... have a bit of a look around... don't buy anything... just let Wade see his beloved clock and have a handroll and a nice coffee... then if I see anything I REALLY want I sleep on it and buy it the next day instead (I generally can have Saturday to myself). I've found that I make less impulse purchases that I later regret this way.

IK: How's your nose!!?

Mel: Tofu can be bought in the cold section of Coles near the packaged sliced meat cuts. I've noticed the range is expanding all the time... i like all the pre-marinated cubes of tofu too... but as always it's cheaper to buy the plain block and add the sauce at home. A good brand is Earth Angel.

making a toasted sandwich for Wade... back again in a tic...

ETA: That's great Simone Will you just have Anneliese? I hope she's better by then. Unfortunately children do pick up a lot of bugs at childcare. It's very frustrating for everyone. I know from being a staff member how frequently it occurs. Some kids have their immunity strengthened, others don't and seem to have it weakened. We used to have parents in tears saying "I can't take any more time off work... it's just a cough!" so we used to cave in and sure enough soon everyone had that cough... even the staff members... including me who because I was casual, if I didn't work i wasn't paid... so i went to work with a cough... and on and on goes the cycle... it's no one's fault... it just what goes with the territory. I'm not saying "don't use child care" but I am trying to delicately say that your children won't be as sick as frequently if you avoid it unless it's really necessary. However I know your situation and I know you need it for your sanity... it's a very tough call. Maybe Family Day Care would be a slightly better option? But then again I'm a bit wary of women working with children without a colleague to share the load with. I know mums of large families do it but it's always hard. Once again the question of your extended family needs to be asked... would they help if you returned to Perth? Anyhow... we can chat about all this stuff on Friday... it's a very tricky issue: caring for children... and as they say "it takes a village" to raise a child... mothers were never meant to do it by themselves.

Bath - a day to yourself?? Ohhhhh... i've forgotten what its like to pee or shower by myself, let alone have actualy time alone wher i can do things like shopping...

Oh, and i found the best biscuits!!! They're coconut macaroons, they're so easy and yummy!! If you want the recipe, let me know

Poor Anneliese... and poor Simone. Atleast now she should start to pick up a bit with the AB.
    Nixon was tough last night, i was up and down from 11-2am then when i thought it was DH turn he craked it. I was amazed that he could sleep through Nixon screaming his lungs out in the room next door, door open and monitor on. I had to move the monitor to his HEAD and turn it up 3 times b4 he woke and heard him! Then he crapped on about me being the mother and its my duty.... i am still ****ed off with him over his comments because i ahve been dealing with Nixon for the last week and a half by myself (DH working alot) and one night i asked for help and i cop that i am not doing my job.....
    Anyway dh is with talks with his work at the moment about moving back to Sydney. The Manager that is from Melb & moved to syd when we moved to Mel wants to come back (His wifes son just had a baby) which is good timing as we want to go back. But i hate the fact we wont be able to afford anything decent in sydney. we're prob gonna live in a dump that needs reno's or a zillion miles away.

Edited: I meant to also say wont be able to make it Friday i am going to a seminar at the Austin for a Premmie research program they are doing.

My DH says to me every weekend: "which day to you want for "'you time?"... I generally take a Saturday... not always... sometimes i forfeit it because I want to spend time with him... we never get a chance to go out, just the 2 of us. But at least he understands.

Bit of a WooHoo: Dh just realised that he accidentally put a $700 business lunch on our credit card (about 2 weeks ago) instead of his corporate card that the bank pays... we've since cleared the debt entirely... we didn't even notice the $700. Today he wondered why the lunch didn't show up on his corporate card statement... then he realised his mistake... and now we are going to have the money reimbursed into our account. LOL I know it's not extra cash... but it seems that way... we are so slack with our finances it's ridiculous... God knows how we stay afloat. I think it's because as I get older I'm getting stingier. Also I've always been a believer in buying the best quality you can afford... so all the stuff that DH and I bought when we first got together is still working... we haven't had to replace much. Like Nic said: she bought a good quality tree, that's great, so did we... still as good as the day we bought it 11 years ago. Also hint: buy unbreakable decorations... doesn't matter how closely you watch them kids will break them. I loved Mel's idea of going to The WareHouse and buying rolls of that ribbon with inner wire that can be formed into bows and put on the tree. I'm definately going to try that this year!

Xmas decos - have to find cheap ones, as although i have a tree, i've lost all my deco's in the move over here... So my tree will look pretty bare! May have to take up mel's idea...

IK - you had better be coming along to borders this week, we're all dying to see your new nose LOL!! Mel, Rory?? You guys in??

Im looking at new mobile phones atm, mine's stuffed. I have an old hand me down nokia, and when someone calls i have to put them on loud speaker to hear them, which means i cant talk to people when im out and about. Shouldn't really be buying one, as chrissy is coming up, but i havent had a new phone in years, i just keep taking on people's old ones until they die, then i get another hand me down...

Talking to MIL today about chrissy presents, she has bought the boys a hill swingset for xmas (like i asked) but she's buying anneliese a doll and a pram... she's looking for an old fashioned pram though, she found the one she wants, only $100 OMG but anneliese is the only granddaughter, so of course she will be spoilt!! I dont know what to get her yet...

Oh, and FIL went for blood tests today and they came back abnormal... everything will be ok, as i really like my FIL

ETA Bath, a $700 lunch?? Thats 3/4 of my monthly rent OMG!!! Nice for some LOL
    Last edited by simone; November 29th, 2006 at 03:29 PM.

Hi ladies,

Well we had another pretty good night last night, Lachlan went to bed at 7, slept until 11.30pm then had a bottle and wasnt fed again until 4.40am!! he woke once and i just put his dummy in and he went back to sleep.

He had an hour and a half sleep this morning and a two hour in the middle of the day so things are really looking up for me at the moment!!

Nickers - i can totally understand you being ***sed off at DH. I told DF today that Lachlan had slept for two hours and instead of him saying "hey thats great!" he said "Gee youve had an easy day then, What have you done??" They honestly just dont get it!!

Simone - I hope Annelise gets better soon, at least now you know what it is and with the medication things should start to improve!

Kel - i got the piccies thanx! they are adorable!!

Cee Cee - That lady from tresillian did what i had to do in canberra, Sleep Feed Play routine its working well, and at night they told me NOT to feed him under four hours. if he wakes, leave him to cry for a bit so he doesnt get used to me going in straight away, then go in, pat, put the dummy in until he is quiet and calm and then walk out, just continue to do this until asleep or due for a feed. When i was there they told me to leave him cry until he was distressed but i cant do that, i dont think its right, i only leave him for a couple of minutes (enough time for me to drag myself out of bed in the middle of the night) I hope it works for you, but honestly, the feeding him to sleep every hour thing was not working and stopping that has made all the difference i think!

I had best go, DF is bringing a BBQ chicken home for dinner tonight so i dont have to do anything for dinner! I have been cleaning the windows today, i should be relaxing but hey, i feel better when i have acheived something.
    the other good news is that i sold my car! i have been trying to sell it for about 12 months now but its gone. Problem is that i need to find something else, a family car! We are on the lookout so hopefully something will come up before christmas!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get lachlan to eat his cereal in the morning? He used to love it until i introduced Pumkin at night, now he is right off his cereal and i have tried mixing it with a bit of pear but still no go (even though he will eat the Pear on its own) i dont know what else i can give him for breakfast??

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast