Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #23

I'm like IK I don't mind having spiders in the house as long as they stay away from me they are good for the amount of flies we get as there are holes in my screens that they always seem to get thru, same with the mosies.

I'm one of the Junies that post in the other thread and I do so as I like to keep in touch with everyone as I feel a strong bond with everyone, I also do one lined replies sometimes and it's not that I wouldn't like to say more sometimes, it's just it gets a bit demanding here, like most of our houses. I really hope that this is not offending because I'm not trying to be, it's just sad to see people leave.

On another note Cody is up to his fourth day of solids to day and he is enjoying them, he's even crying when he's finished and see's the bowl empty .

I'm sorry if I read wrong, but I thought that Rory's dinner was tonight, will have to go back and have another read. Hope that everyone has a nice day.

hugs xoxo

Hi Amanda, I think I'll be starting Niall on some EBM and rice cereal on the 13th, his 6 month "birthday"... I think he's ready, he has teeth, is chewing on everything. If he can swallow as well as Wade did when I gave him solids at 5 months then I will know he's ready... if he pushes it out with his tongue, gags etc like Verity did at 4 months (that was the recomendation back then) then I'll wait a little longer... I'll give him a few goes to get used to it though.

ETA:deleted my rant... I'm obviously having a bad day... sorry to anyone that read it.

Forgot to say that one of the mother's at school, gave me some zucchnni's and green beans that she had extras of just wanted to know what else I could use them in besides stir fries.

Just saw an update onTV about the fires, hope that everyone is safe and that there will be some relief soon.

VERY QUITE IN HERE TODAY oops Cody helping out, I'll be back later hopefully some will be here *shrugs*.

ETA Bath I've been hand expressing for Cody's farex, I got some good tips from the BF thread, I've never been able to do it successfully before now.

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; December 8th, 2006 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Adding stuff from missed post.

Was just about to post a big rant but decided to PM it instead. Jess, hope you understand where I am coming from.

I dropped Flynn on his head today. I was wearing stupid slippery shoes and fell while carrying him down the stairs - I hurt my elbow and right hip and while trying to catch Flynn he tumbled forward and bumped his head. Mick was sitting in the study and heard me scream and saw the whole thing happen. Flynn is ok, doesn't even have much of a bump or a bruise, but he fell about 10cm and landed right on his head. He isn't concussed (DH has done first aid) and barely cried but god I did.

My dinner is tonight, Amanda. I am looking forward to it. Mum came over last night and put him to bed, but managed to seriously annoy DH in the process.

Simone, LOL about the ants jinx! :twisted: Is that like having a tune stuck in your head then telling someone and then it is stuck in their head not yours!!!

Nic, did seeing the bubs make you clucky? I got to hold a 2wo the other say - so light and tiny!!

better go - lots to do. Cousin who lives in denmark is coming over with 3 of her kids tomorrow for lunch and I have to iron DH's shirt for tonight (hehe - the only time I am a wife and iron for him is when I drag him to these things!!)

Awww Rory! (((Hugs))) I know you must feel shocking about Flynn but he still loves you! It's good to hear no broken bones! What's going on? We all seem to be in the wars again... funny, ever since I've been online and been a part of mass communication there seems to be real patterns of moods and luck and intagible feelings... I guess some people call it "bio rythms" or "moon phases" or whatever... interesting. Last time i noticed it was when i lived in a pub for 2 years and noticed how moods and events would kinda ebb and flow throughout the patrons and people that lived and worked at the pub. Anyhow, I'm rattling on a bit... also, Rory: sorry about getting the night-out mixed up! Hope you have fun TONIGHT!

Hi all, late in again!! MIL picked up Chelsea this morning for their fortnightly get together. They are off to see Charlottes Web! Chelsea was so excited this morning. She will be gone for the whole day and MIL drops her off after dinner. Went to shops to pay laybys again and look for the Womens Weekly Cupcakes book (a kris kringle pressie). I searched everywhere, finally found it at Borders (good ol Borders!!). Had lunch with my brothers girlfriend and found the cutest santa romper with matching hat for Marley. Chelsea got a santa t-shirt so I am going to tackle trying to take a photo of them both (wish me luck!).

Bath & IK - thanks for your concern for DH, he leaves tomorrow morning at 5am! He returns Monday night. They confirmed him going to Wangaratta, so its going to be a busy weekend for him (and me!). I will be worried about him, but I know he is careful and I am sure they will keep them out of harms way (he has no idea about firefighting!).

IK - its great getting an ebay bargain. I am going to upload my stuff today. Should sell OK. You and I can be fire widows together!!!! Hope your DH stays safe too. Has he been called anywhere yet?

Simone - is the wrist feeling any better now? Hope the multi vitamin stuff works well for you and you get some energy back! We get ants here all the time, don't know where the hell they come from. Always got spidies outside but as long as they stay there.

Rory - you poor love! So glad to hear you are both OK. It must have been very scary for you. That has always been one of my fears, dropping the baby, as I am very clumsy! Will be thinking of you tonight, have a fab time and you better take a photo of you both glammed up!!!

Amanda - forgot to email you yesterday. Will do it today. I forget everything! Glad to hear Cody is going well on his solids and likes his cereal.

I gave Marley a mouthful of rice cereal today and it was hiliarious!! I will upload photo when I get a chance. Her face was so screwed up, like I was giving her poison LOL!! She really didn't like it much but the good thing is her tongue didn't push it out, she just let is swirl around in her mouth and gagged a few times. Will not push the issue with her, maybe just every 2-3rd day. Very funny though!

Better go do some more washing, so smokey outside still. DH has gone to buy some supplies for his weekend.

HEllo ladies!!

Went into the city for lunch... Was going to call you Bath, but i left my phone at home... Typical LOL. What was the rant about?? PM me if you need to talk ok hun

Rory - dont worry about flynn, all babies have a fall or two. Anneliese backflipped off my bed the other day (onto a pile of clothes thank god) and has wiggled off her change table as well. We get more upset than they do. I pulled my sisters basinette over when she was only a couple of weeks old, and she's 21 and fine (well, as far as i know LOL) hugs sweetie, i hope your ok as well... a couple of glasses of wine always cure up any aches and pains good luck at the big dinner tonight!! i hope flynnie is good for nannie

Amanda - i go in the other thread to catch up with some that dont come in here, but considering not, if people's attitudes about others dont pick up abit... Sorry if i offended you at all, it was never my intention. It was aimed directly at a few others.

Mel - sounds like you had a great day!! Im not bothering with washing, its so smokey here i'll just end up having to wash it again, and it takes me so long to hang it out as it is... even though it costs me money, im doing little loads in the dryer (but doing it in off peak time for the electricity, so its at least a little cheaper). Thinking of your DH as he goes off to help... if you want to do something over the weekend, let me know, ok?? always helps to keep your mind occupied.

IK - sent you an email... thinking of all the CFA boys and girls as they're out there. Oh, and someone started a thread in msgs for other members for the people affected and the firefighters. So nice
    Last edited by simone; December 8th, 2006 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks for the offer Simone. I have a 4 yo birthday party tomorrow at Chesterfield Farm (great in 37 heat) from 10.30am, then take Chelsea for a swim at MIL. Brother, SIL and their kids may come over tomorrow night. Sunday going to other brothers house as they have a pool! Chelsea loves swimming! If anything falls through, I'll let you know. I am a bit of a dryer fiend too! Naughty me!!! I don't have a clothes line, haven't had one for nearly 4 years. I get used to hanging clothes on the clothes horse, then put it outside. Its a pain when I have a lot of washing, but I have put in my order with Santa for one in the new year. How was the city? Packed?

"must learn to deal with chaos... must learn to deal with chaos" LOL had to chant this silently to myself today... I have a perfectionist streak and the mess around here is seriously affecting me. However! All the family, except Niall who I've just managed to get to sleep is at Little Athletics Twilight session at the moment... so I am frantically running around trying to do everything that's been impossible with Wade and Niall needing me etc. I've just folded my laundry mountian... OMG Mel! how do you cope without a clothesline??? I fantasise about owning a big old Hills Hoist... we only have a fold down style one but it's jam packed every second day. I'm way too stingy to use our drier much.... although in winter i cave in and tell myself "at least it's heating the house as well!" I've been known to drag the dryer out into the main living room and turn off the central heating ! How's THAT for [email protected]! LOL

Well i didn't get into the city... my rule is that I don't go in unless the house is reasonably tidy and I wasn't able to manage that today... so I'm a bit annoyed with myself. Still there's always next friday... maybe more Junies can come in then too?

Thinking of you Simone...hope your wrist isn't aching... thinking of you too Rory: hope you feel stunning and are enjoying yourself

Well I'd better make best use of my time... oh! and Amanda you asked about zucchinis and beans: they sound like great ingredients to add to a tossed cold vegie salad: blanche, set aside, add some semi dried tomatos, maybe some pine nuts, chop some fresh herbs, maybe parsley, add whatever other anti-past type ingredients you fancy (like champignions), some virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, season with S&P then toss together and serve with maybe some BBQ meat. Voila quick easy and healthy! Just a suggestion... they would also go well in a vegie lasagne if the weather was cooler.

ETA: We have relatives living in East Gippsland so are listening for fire updates.... the best site that I've found containing regularly updated info and a good map of the fires can be found by Googling "Statewide fire situation map" which will take you to a government site.... should be top of the list if you Google it. IK: would you say this is the best map? I haven't been to the CFA site yet... gonna check that out next. ETA: Just checked it out... very good... lists every small township under threat... doesn't seem to have a statewide map though... when you see a map of the whole of Victoria it really is scary how much is burning!

Sorry, Rory!! I jumped the gun! Have a great night tonight You probably felt as horrified as DP did last week when he turned his back on Oscar and he went tumbling down the hill (saved by a sapling). Only, as mummies, we have a right to bawl our eyes about it! Hugs to you and Flynn. Glad DH was there to add some perspective for you.
    Simone - You are too sweet! I'll check out the other thread for mummies in the fire areas. I wish you could pitch in as suggested, the community needs more people like you Good of H, too, to try to think of some way to help (credit where credit's due!).
    Mel - DP's leaving tomorrow, too! Don't know where, though. Hope you can get to the pool sooner rather than later - I'll try to head to the pool and find some surface space there.
    My mum is finally seeing the value of my 'bite me' policy. She said she and my sister could see that sticking to my guns about how I felt Oscar needs to be parented has paid off - nice to get some credit from your own mother!
    DP's gone to organise dinner, Oscar is falling asleep and I'll go and bring in the washing when he's off in noddy land...sorry I haven't got to everyone, trying to proceed with Christmas and prepare for a weekend as a single parent (nice to have solidarity with Mel!) and my head's all over the place, BBL tonight...

Hey IK, its a pity about the OH&S crap, i would've loved to have made a heap of food stuffs (s/w, biscuits, muffins etc) and let the salvo's hand it out. I dont have a food prep cert (i think, i did a tafe course, but didnt quite finish it... buggar!)

Bath - i will prolly be in for a meet next week, i shouldn't have gone in today, but i needed to get out of the house. 4 wall syndrome... And i saw a map of whats burning now, and where they expect it to go over the weekend... its not looking very good.

Mel - you have my numbers, let me know... im heading to Richmond sometime tomorrow (with DH) looking for a bunk bed for the boys that i can separate for now. Proving to be a real mission though... (I love Ikea!!!)
    Last edited by simone; December 8th, 2006 at 07:24 PM.

IK - tell DP to stay safe wherever he is. If he goes to Wangaratta, tell him to look out for my DH (not that he'll have time!). Don't you love it when you are right (and your mums not LOL!!!!). I haven't spoken to my crazy freak of a mother for over 8 years, she lives in the USA. She was always right! Will be hitting the pool as soon as party is over - no hanging around this time.

Bath - PML about the dryer in the loungeroom!!! That's hiliarious! Having no clothesline really bugs me, but I am going to get a Hill hoist (not the big steel one, but a nice green one!), need lots of space. You must need lots of space with your brood? Some days I leave the house in such a rush, there is stuff everywhere! I am a very tidy person, but when in a hurry, things get left until I return. Then I sigh when I get home as I still have to do it (unless DH has been home, then he does it - god love him!). Hope your relatives are not too close to the fires.

Simone - IKEA is the best. The restaurant is so yum and if you go early enough, they have breakfast for only $2! And it's really good. Hope you can find the bunk beds, you should as IKEA has everything! Will call you when I get lonely LOL!!! Thanks chickie

Chelsea had a great day with her nana. She went to bed as soon as she got home. She loved Charlottes Web. DH getting all his last minute gear packed, ready to be picked up at 5.15am! Went outside before and near the footpath are heaps of really big ants!!!! What's going on with ants lately, we've all been getting them. I sprayed them so hopefully then nick off!!!

OMG Mel, ive so had enough of ants too... they are all through my lounge room at the moment. Just went out and got some surface spray, so going to spray every nook and cranny tomorrow... also have to clean up. THEN i can go spend money

Off to bed for me. I will try and get online sometime over the weekend (depends when im allowed to, have to ask permission now ) Plus my wrist is swelling up from overuse anyway, have to rest it a little (cant resist typing with both hands, hate one handed typing LOL!!)

Chat to you all tomorrow bye!!

Simone give that hand a rest but hopefully we do hear from you tomorrow. Wont be the same in her without you.

Bath - you will love this! My best friend (who's daughter is having party tomorrow) has a brother who is a bachelor recently moved into his own house. He and I get along great and he loves this slice I make "Raspberry Meringue Slice". Everytime I make it, he tells me to make more. Well he asked me a while ago to make some for him to take home after the party - I said no problem. Well about 45 mins ago, got a text message saying he was looking forward to slice!!!!!! *****, forgot to make slice :eek: . So I have been rushing around getting it ready and now it's in the oven. It better taste good, I normally don't bake in a hurry! I am so forgetful

Rory - hope you are having a great night and I wonder if there was dancing????

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678