Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #23

yeah i seen that Santa outfit, i would have gotten it but i already had bought a few outfits for him earlier. Kmart had one too i think.

The chrissy card is basically the picture on my ticker with a nice border around it! Exept i realised i didnt do neally enough, i ran out about half way through my address book, bummed about having to go back into shops to do more cause its getting so busy & i was hoping to avoid having to go in December.

Nic - he looks so cute! Will have to look in Kmart tomorrow. Going to hit the shops in the morning. DH can look after Marley until he has to go to work in the afternoon and Chelsea is at kinder. So much easier shopping with no kids! Where did you the cards done at? I was going to do something similiar but I have left my run a bit late (as always). Might just pop a photo in with some of my cards.

Hey guys,

Just thought i would pop my head in and say hello, i havent had time to read over all the posts but i did want to say SIMONE - I hope you are feeling better, you poor thing, its one thing after another for you at the moment!!

Lachlan had a pretty good day today. We went to see the MCHN who thinks that im depressed and is referring me to a counsellor. Oh well, it cant hurt i suppose. Ive lost heaps of weight and even though things seem to be on the up and up i still am feeling low. I spent yesterday crying and i dont even know why!

Anyway, i will have a look over the posts and be back for personals!!

I just went to a kodak shop and did it, i think they cost 20c a photo but u have to pick them up the next day. Its the same machine that they have in Kmart so i am sure u could have a look tomorrow when u go in.
    Thats another idea just put a photo in with the card. But i found this way even quicker then writing on each card so if your strapped for time (only took about 5-10min to design my border etc) might work out easier
    You cant really see it in the ticker but his santa hat says Nixon on it hehe!

Edited: sorry Dee posted at same time. I guess it couldnt hurt seeing a councellor, as much as you dont like the thought of being told you are depressed, it could be just what u need to get you feeling on top again, but in saying that you cannot be pushed into a situation you dont want to be in so if you feel really uncomfortable about going tell the MCHN and another way can be sourced. How did Lachlan sleep last night?

Bath - that photo of Niall has inspired me so i spent a lot of today trying to get a photo of Lachlan with a Santa hat on but do you think i could get one?? No, i just kept comparing them to your one of Niall and its just not as good. Oh well, there is always tomorrow!!

Nickers - I completely know what you mean with all that settling to get a 30 min sleep!! I hope his tanties subside for you!!

CeeCee - Good to hear from you, hope you move your computer soon, we miss you

Well thats it for me, im off to make a cuppa and then hopefully get some sleep before the next feed!

hey ladies

been in hospital again, spilt water all down my cast, and has a student dr put a new cast on... idiot did it completely wrong. Now my hand is bent at an angle, and he didnt put any support on my hand. So now its hurting more than ever!!

Anyway im off, having talk with DH... trying to sort things out.

Be on later tomorrow, have an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon in the morning... will get him to redo my cast as well.

Night ladies

Hi ladies!

Simone: Sorry to hear about you and hubby I hope things can be sorted out as amicably as possible. Have a break before you get back into the dating scene - you're young enough to take some time out!

Gastro: I get this EVERY year and mainly its passed on through human contact via touching, sharing the same eating/drinking utensils and sharing the same toilet. The worst case I got was after I went swimming in the local pool a couple of years ago - including the water slide park and kiddies pool = pool of germs! Gastrolite is the best thing if you/your kids (and baby) are suffering from persistent diarrhoea and/or dehydration. Don't let it go on as dehydration can be severe in young babies. I've needed hospitalisation a couple of times I threw up so much - no fun at all!
    Its very contagious so its no wonder just about everyone in your household has it Simone! Bottle feeding would not increase the chance of Anneliese getting gastro. Just touching her would be enough. As bottlefeeding mums know all our equipment is sterilised before use (either via boiling water, milton or microwave).

Amanda: Is Cody sitting up in your ticker photo? Aleise can't do that just yet.

Rory: Good on you for helping Simone out - glad to see such a caring person helping out. I only wish I could do more as I live too far away.

IK: Aleise is commando crawling too now - or slithering Ithink you put it... yeah its pretty cute and I think she travelled a good 2 metres today! No more leaving her on the playgym unattended. Pretty sool they'll be off and away.

Dee78: Hope you get yourself sorted out - you might just be tired! Depression is heritary and in my family. PND can occur up to 12 months after gving birth - not that I'm saying you have that.. more than likely you're drained which would make anyone down! I can't remember if you're BFing but if so and you need to be on medication there's safe ones you can take whilst BFing. A friend of mine had depression and anxiety problems for 2 years, saw a psychologist and she suggested she go on anti-depressants which helped her enormously. In most cases its just a temporary measure but I hope you won't need it!

Update on me/Aleise: Well finished Xmas shopping for neice, nephews and in- uteros today. Just got Matt and my family to buy for and they're easy 'cause they want money or vouchers. Aleise has been a bit grizzly so I think that tooth is causing some problems. As I said earlier she's more adventurous on the floor now - amazing how far they can wiggle on their tummies when you're not looking!
    I managed to get to the hairdressers today (dip back into the bleach) as Matt had the day off and I got paid. Also bought a book for Aleise's daycare Xmas party (15th) as we give it in so Santa can hand it to them on the day. They're going to show a video of the kids at play so that should be good. Am taking MIL and mum so hopefully they will enjoy it.

Nip/Tuck / Tv shows: Yeah I agree Julian McMahon is a total spunk but I had to turn the chanel over when the threesome started and I wouldn't let Matt watch it.. sorry but its too much for me and I'm not into that kinky stuff. We also watch "That 70s show" and "Charmed". I thought "Charmed" had finished last season since it looked so final with the girls changing their appearances and all.

Hope the fires in Vic don't cause a major problem - didn't watch the news tonight.

Well nothing else to report.... work tomorrow and Friday so I'd better get off the pc and iron some clothes and prepare Aleise's things for daycare.

Night all!

Dee - I think you are just worn out, sleep deprivation can make you feel awful. Chatting to someone might be good, get it all out! Can't hurt. I hope you get that perfect Santa photo of Lachlan and can't wait to see it.

Nic - thanks for the advice, will go to Kmart tomorrow and check it out. I might be able to get it done after all.

Simone - silly trainee docs! Hope your app goes well with the surgeon and he/she can fix the cast. Good luck with your chat with H, hope it turns out how you want and stays calm and peaceful. Has the gastro bug passed?

Neeny - it's so nice spending time at hairdressers! You have done well to get most of your xmas shopping done. Nip/Tuck did get a bit raunchy didn't it - it does that sometimes, goes a bit over the top! I am a Charmed fan too. Can't believe Aleise is moving too. IK was saying Oscar is too! Marley hasn't moved anywhere yet, which is good for the time being!!!! She can push upwards and wriggle up, but thats it. Chelsea has her creche xmas party tomorrow and they are supplying a book for each child (nice not to have to pay for a change!!!) and we just bring a light supper and sit in their outdoor area. Only goes from 6-7.30pm with a big monster raffle - hopefully might win something.

IK & Bath - missed you girls tonight. Hopefully catch up on goss tomorrow.

Night all!

Geez, it's late!
    Just got back from a brigade meeting. I didn't pull the motion, but I did allow the motion to be held over while we check information regarding policies for vehicles to see if they apply to our bus etc. I think I made my main, killer point right at the end, so hopefully that sticks with members and influences them my way! Anyway, I think I have support in the right places, fingers crossed.
    Dee - I wouldn't be surprised if you did have some manifestation of depression, being that you have largely been dealing with Lochie's issues on your own with little support from your DF. However, like some of the others have said, you may also just be tired. Have a good chate with the counsellor - take the opportunity to vent and sort out what's going on
    Simone, [oops, pressed wrong button!], how crap about your hand! Dont' hesitate to go back to get it recast - my mum had a compound fracture of her leg once and had to get it reset 3 times because the hospital couldn't get it right. That hospital used to have the worst reputation for orthopedics!
    Neeny - isn't it funny when they get moving? Oscar is now trying to stand...but he can't even sit up by himself yet, so that ought to be a way off yet. He does a great impression of a yogic down-dog and then gets upset cos he can't go from that to a stand, like the toddlers we know! He bunny hops and gets up off his belly in the last week and a half - he is so mobile it's scary. He thinks he is so damn clever!
    Getting ready for bed now...it's about time...
    night all!
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; December 6th, 2006 at 11:53 PM. Reason: pressed submit halfway through posting!

Good Morning girls... got too hectic here yesterday afternoon with wrapping and sending Chrissy parcels interstate... then I watched the Cath and Kim special which didn't finish until 10pm after which I went straight to bed. Good to see you all had a bit of a chat and good to see Neeny and Dee back Dee: Regarding that photo of Niall, I couldn't have done it without the help of Verity. She stood beside him and fixed the hat if it slipped into his eyes or if he pulled at it too hard etc I stayed infront holding the camera waiting for a photo opportunity. Couldn't have done it by myself and look so good. So please don't feel bad that Lockie's hard to set up... it takes 2 people when they are this young. Also it's great you're seeing a professional about possible depression, great to know either way. It's so common, not a dirty word and nothing to be ashamed of. I think about 1 in 5 people suffer from it in their life times. I guess most people suffer longer than they need to because they think it couldn't happen to them. If only mental illness was treated the same as any other physical illness ie without stigma, after all it usually does stem from a chemical imbalance that the sufferer has absolutely no control over... just like a physical illness.

Ok... nearly cuppa time.... I wait until 9am now so that my In-Liven has a good head start and a better chance of absorbtion... took some this morning... feel like I need a bit more energy leading up to Christmas.

Howdy girls - what a lot of posts! Been AWOL for a while because it was DH's birthday on Tuesday and I had a function in the evening (had to give a little speech) and yesterday I had Mums and Bubs Yoga (which Flynn slept through) and Mothers group (which Flynn slept through) before DH droppped him at my mum's while I went into the city for another function and DH went rowing.

How did the visit to grandma's go, you might ask - Flynn SCREAMED through it. I rang home at 5pm (just after DH dropped him off) to hear the lamb screaming down the phone!! 20 mins later he was sleeping, wimpering in mum's arms. The visit was a dry run for tomorrow (Friday) night when DH and I have a black tie function to attend. But I bumped into the event organiser at the function I went to last night and she said to bring Flynn along!! Mind you, she is 22weeks pg so pretty biased about where bubs can and can't go. Anyways, DH and I decided we will take flynn with us - it is at the Melb Museum in Carlton and if Flynn cracks it DH will just take him to Lygon St for a walk. I will be calling the Law Institute president to let her know I am bringing him (it is the president's annual dinner, so it's kind of her "party") so I hope she doesn't get offended. She has two (grown) kids of her own so hopefully is sympathetic.

Another friend will be bringing her 8 week old girl with her (shudder!!) You all know how unpredictable little bubs like that can be. So that's kinda why I am brave enough to bring him. 1) I am 90% sure he won't cry; 2) if he does DH will take him for a walk (he isn't fond of hearing lawyers talk shop at social functions!); and 3) I reckon there is more chance my friends DH will cry so at least the attention will be away from us! This last reason is awful I know (!!) but I am pretty apprehensive about taking a 6mo to a black tie function! I don't want to be seen as one of "those" parents - LOL!!!

Dee, good to hear from you, hope the referral works out well. If its any consolation Flynn went from sleeping from 8pm to 5am most nights to waking 2 hourly the last couple of nights!

Bath - I had a piccy taken of Flynn in an elf costume at the local chemist ($6 for 2 photos, extra prints $1.50 each). He looked so cute - I haven't told DH - I think I will give him one as a chrissy present.

IK - hope the vote goes well next time. Cue: mutley grumbles :evil:

Mel, Flynn is like Marley - a non-mover. He rolls, but that's it. Not like little Aleise - you go girl!!

Simone, let us know how the appoitnment goes!!

Nickers, I can just imagine how cute Nixon's little trantrums are - NOT!! Isn't it amazing how you still love them, even when they are being bags of rats!!

CC - good to hear from you girl!!

Oops - forgot - new pic's on Flynn's site http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...kenror/ourbub/

And do you like the quote at the bottom of my sig? Bath, it would make a great cross stitch sampler - LOL!!!

morning!

Well, lachlan was up between 4am and 5am this morning. I think he is getting a bit constipated, he has been straining all night but nothing coming out. Ive been giving him drinks of water and he has been eating a bit of fruit but does anyone know anything that might help him to go?

As for me, im feeling a bit better today, ill still go and talk to the consellor but it wont be until mid January anyway so ill see how im going!
    Not doing much today, a quiet day at home, i have a fair amount of housework to catch up on so ill try to get that started i think.

I have only bought a couple of christmas pressies, im thinking that ill head to the shops next thursday night and leave Lachlan and DF at home, its too hard to shop with either of them!

Hope you are all having a great day!

Rory - dont feel bad about taking Flynn to the function, if thats what you need to do then thats what you should do and like you said, there are options if he is upset etc so its not like he is going to disrupt the whole event, and i agree there is more chance of your friends 8 week old being more disruptive.
    Have a good time!!

Just sent out an email and all I can say is OMG. Mel I don't have your email addy on my old comp so can you just send an email to my addy again, it's the same, thanks. Back soon just going to make a mango smoothie.

hugs xoxo

IK and Amanda: I didn't even bother looking at the pic... I've read the email before... reeked of urban myth, you can tell from the style of writing, the emotional language. Certainly a lot of people out there with too much time on their hands! I agree sooo photoshopped. it's right up there with people being kidnapped and waking up in baths finding that their kidneys have been stolen. Sure, maybe this has happened once in some third world country but I'm not taking the stress on board as something I need to add to my list of worries. Spend more time worrying about dying in a car accident, far more likely. However I wash all new clothes before use as a matter of habit... mainly because I buy op shop ones.

Rory: I noticed your new sig. quote last week... and yep I feel like a wheel most days! LOL I'm still working on my plastic card design too... will post the image on my site under "art work" when it's finished.

Sitting up: Niall can't do this either although he is also up on his hands and knees doing his impersonation of a preying mantis... that particular way of swaying backwards and forwards is so funny! Then he launches himself forward, face first... doesn't seem to hurt him... I'm in no hurry to see him mobile... then the hard work really begins!

ETA: the more I think about that breast lavae thing the more i just laugh: honestly, don't people pay attention at school in Biology? Lavae the size the email described would have been laid by an insect or parasite of a significant size. Think how big a maggot is in realtion to the fly. No way known could a parasite small enough to hide in a bra without being noticed lay eggs bigger than itself... it's just crazy. Would you notice if there was a fly in your bra girls? I think so... also larvae need to be injected into the host... eggs can't somehow penetrate themselves, that's the job of the adult insect... like a fruit fly it has to sting the host. Eggs spread by fingers onto fabric would die within hours.

Also: hahaha! gotta love the ABC station... I just heard this snippet as I walked past the loungeroom.... don't know what it was about but some man said indignantly and quite dryly; "you shouldn't have to out-smart a toilet... it should just work!"

Rory: couldn't open the attachment... our 'pute musn't have the necessary software loaded, sorry darl.

Yeah it's funny looking at that pic, I sat here this morning looking at it and thinking this is crap, but thought I'd pass it on. As if you wouldn't be able to feel the lavae crawling around lol.

Neeny yeah he is sitting up but with the aid of a U pillow, he can sit up by himself for a couple of seconds, but then face plants lol, doesn't seem to hurt him tho.

Rory I think Flynn should be alright at the dinner tomrrow, your always saying so well behaved he is and you have DH there as a fall back so he can take him for a walk etc.

hugs xoxo

Sorry to be the wet blanket, girls! I tend to be the one who'll look up the urban myth sites and send them back. You would think that if a woman presented with larvae and holes that big in their boob that no-one would be thinking of taking a photo, they'd be extracting the buggers! Oh, and very neat little holes they are, too - my nipple grazes and blisters from Oscar when he was tongue tied were quite visible LOL!! The ones that get up my nose are the one about the father who did a deal with AOL about money from emails going to treatment for his little girl with leukaemia, the petrol station abduction attempt and the one about the needle being left in the cinema seat. Oooh, then there was the Tommy Hilfiger one that so many of my intelligent friends fell for and sent on!
    I've got one ear peeled to the scanner as I type - there are 3 or 4 jobs going up the road, so lucky there's no wind today. DP is out of the area and I'm tied to Oscar (literally!), so we're not good!
    I was on the phone to a friend who is driving a dozer up in the North East - he can tell a yarn and make it sound like he was just walking to the milk bar...he's been in some hairy situations in the last week, so I hope he takes care this weekend - horrendous is the only word that can describe the forecast for this weekend up in the North East and East. If I don't post this weekend it will be because I'm at the fire station. I'll be leaving Odin with MIL on Sat and Sun, just in case, so that we don't have to make a detour to drop him off if there are any jobs or strike team deployments.
    Simone - you gone back to the hospital, yet?
    Baby mobility - yeah, I'm not impressed with Oscar's timing - I can deal with him being an upturned beetle, but those days are now well and truly gone The down dog, however, is really quite funny. He almost always goes for this position as soon as I put him on the floor. He really is trying to emulate the toddlers we regularly see!
    My local fruit and veg shop has new owners and the shop is better than ever! No more produce buying from Aldi, I'll do it locally and a couple of times a week instead of bulk buying and losing fruit to age. Between Aldi for my sundries and packaged foods (not much, thank goodness), the local butcher (they stock roo, too!) and the overhauled fruit and veg shop, I've got this household covered! That's my little woo-hoo.
    Rory - well, you know what I think about taking Flynn to this dinner, so have a great night Flynn's photos are very, very cute!!
    Yesteday's package at the post office wasn't the package I'd been expecting, so I'm still waiting for my moisturiser. I received an email though, probably prompted by my phone message (was polite), saying that there was an unexpected delay and my order will be express posted... an additional gift to thank me for my patience!
    Well, better eat something before my appointment. After that I'm off to meet my mum's group for the first time since the sessions stopped. It's just up the road, so I don't have to drive across town or anything, phew!

Catch you all later

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast