Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #25

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    Baths - your new av is fantastic.. I do belive it is the best one on the whole site!!
    simone - that is great news about your smoking... I used to take a really strong multi called USANA (it costs like $70 per month) and that helped me give up... it was the hardest thing I ever did. We are all very proud of you.. Keep it up honey.

IK - I love that photo of Oscar, he looks like a little lamb.

Rory - Hugs, sometimes our little ones can cause us a lot of greif.... but by the sounds of it from those with older kids, the worst is yet to come.. LOL

Moogoo: well, after me telling the whole world about it from you guys to my whole family and my other mothers group they have run out of stock!!! Darn.. I will have to wait till next year... it takes 3 months to make...

Still on holidays in Yamba, currently typing while looking at the water, in an hour or two the dolphins will swim by (they go by twice a day).. We watch them from the deck.. So unreal here! Ally has been a dream baby, she has a new routine where she sleeps for like 2 hours a day.. I don't know what to do with myslef - LOL...

well, must run, this PC is super slow and a tad annoying.. hope to chat soon...

Hi Nickers, Mel, Amanda.. and everyone else...

Oh CeeCee! What gorgeous imagery! Dolphins! *sigh* enjoy every second darl oh and golly gee *blush* ta 'bout my av LOL Where's yours? Didn't buy another year's membership or waiting for an update?

Oh and IK: loved the sentiments on your e-card LOL!!!!

MooGoo: Warning: careful ordering the cleansing oil: mine leaked in the mail... i could smell it as soon as I opened the mailbox!!!!! I've yet to email the guy about it (Craig, we almost have a pen pal relationship going... i've been giving my reports about all the products i've tried and now he's asking for advice regarding packaging!) ... oh and i got a complimentary sample size goat's milk soap which i felt VERY privileged about as I also read they have sold out of the full sized bars. Such a wonderful wonderful cottage industry!

en-liven is meant to cost about $60 per month... i might stay on 2tsp a day until i've completely quit though. Glad your enjoying your holiday - go do something while ally's asleep, like read a book lol!!

Sim: My batch only cost $53 this time because I got a %10 discount... and next order I will probably get %15 off... to a maximum of %20 I think... it's going to be delivered tomorrow... can't wait. Don't worry if you are having detox gas symptoms... it does eventually settle down.

Smoke's getting worse here! What's the latest on the fires... i need to catch some kind of news report... or visit the CFA site I think...

Mel: You inspired me recently with talk of bread and butter pudding.... had some sweet bread that i had made in the breadmaker left over (stale) but the flavour was still yum so turned it into pudding... it's still 'setting' in the 'fridge... I'll bake it tonight when it's cooler... meant to let the bread absorb the milk and cream overnight anyhow for best results... also i added a little bit of coconut milk that I had left over... bit of an experiment... but i like to sprinkle a bit of desicated coconut ontop anyway so this should just enhance that component of the overall flavour... I usually use Seville orange marmalade... used raspberry jam in this one... wish i had a blow torch to caramalise the top like the chef did where I worked... but i guess i could stick it under the grill if it doesn't brown nicely on top... dontcha just love that sweet sugary crust that forms on top? i also sprinkle on a bit of extra sugar ontop... LOL so much for me saying I've got my sugar cravings under control! ROFL

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Baths - yeah, craig is super nice. Yes, they have sold out of the goats milk soap which is what I always order - luckily I always buy 6 bars at a time and re-order when I have one left, so I won't run out...

My BB membership, well I tried to re-join via the credit card however they said that unless I cancel my subscription they will take money out each year, I wanted to make that decion each year, as what if I forget about it and for the next 10 years they take money out and I don't realise.. I have had that happen to me before - I will no longer join anything that takes my money automatically each year, but then I could not figure out how to make a one off payment and then I read that there were no longer $36 payments so I thought it was all too hard... I LOVE BB and want to support it, however I need to figure out how I can without annual bills.

simone - I have a few books coming for Xmas, so need to wait till Xmas day... but Mum and Dad have Foxtel, so may go veg out in front of TV.. DH is picking up horse poo (they have a few horses here) then will fish off their jetty (he catches as least two fish a day, so we are eating a LOT of fish - he hee)... Mum grows her own vegies as well so we rarely need to go shopping for food.. it is all pretty different to my little unit in the city!

Become a lifetime member CC, it gets cheaper each year you have been a plat member (about $90 if you've been a plat mem for 1 yr) and you'll be a member for life!! (30 years anyway!!) I did that so i didnt have to worry about not having the money when renewal came up.

Bath - i've decided to buy 2 at a time, that way i will never run out, and i get the free shipping. Works out nicely I'm now officially taking 2tsp a day, its also helped me get rid of tonsillitis in 3 days without a/b's!!

YES!!! get life... great value at only $90 once you've been a Plat member for a year.

Ok... my least favourite time of the day is upon me... ughhhhh

ETA: woohoo DH rang to say I don't need to cook dinner (a proper meal) because he had a huge work lunch... yay! you can't beleive how much this takes the pressure off! The kids can just have eggs...

ETA: also I'm definatly going to try Bach's on the kids... I've tried it myself... worth a go.

Well I took the boys to the park today and met up with two ladies from BB and we let the kids run around playing on the equipment. Kailen and Lockie were playing on a jungle gym and some older boys came over and after a few minutes one of the older boys started to throw sand at both my boys so I went over and told Kailen and Lockie to go, then I had a few words with this boy. I asked why was he throwing sand at the boys as they were alot younger then him and he got so agro, I asked how old he was and he told me 13, so I told him to start acting his age, he started going off so I just walked away and we made sure none of the kids went near these boys. Bloody kids wish they were more respectful, and what are 13 yr olds doing at a play area aimed at younger kids grrr.

Bath he's still not 100% but he's getting there, he wasn't feeding properly last night and this morning and now for the last 2-3 feeds hes been fine, so who knows I'm just keeping an eye on him.

Simone I saw you posted in my thread about yoghurt, stewed fruit. You just chop up your apples or pears with skin off and put in a pot with some water and simmer until they are tender, then blend them up in the blender with a little of the water that you cooked them in.

Nic I hope your enjoying your holiday and happy 8 mths to Nixon.

Hello to IK, Rory, Mel and CeeCee.

hugs xoxo

I hope cody gets better soon amanda... thanks for the tips on the fruit, not that anneliese's is eating it or anything LOL I'm going to try again this weekend. Every second sat when the boys are in bed i give solids a go...

Havent sorted dinner out yet, dont know if i can be bothered!! If we do, it'll prolly be lamb chops and mash tato.

You girls chat so much during the day, so much to catch up on!

Went to work for xmas party and it was great catching up with old work mates and meeting some new ones. Lunch was nice, we all bought a plate of something sweet or savoury. I made Mars Bar slice - it was so good! Poor Marley looked so blotchy - her face was red on one side and she is still scratching. I was really hoping to avoid cortisone, but its not looking that way at the mo.

Bath - bread and butter pud tastes so good with fruit bread. I have also done it with croissants and bread sticks. Croissant was very nice. I sprinkle some nutmeg on the top too and special ing is vanilla bean. Love the crusty, crunchy bits. I have a bit of a sweet tooth - may explain why I haven't lost any more weight LOL!!!

IK - couldn't access Callista today, I no longer have a valid password!!! The other staff member who has access had already left - sorry! Sounds like you have it in hand though. PML about Oscar being a turtle!!!! Hope you got all your washing done, I haven't done any for 2 days and its piling up.

Rory - your second might not be a devil child. Chelsea was a good baby and I was expecting the demon, but Marley is just a good if not better than Chelsea as a baby. There is hope!!! Glad to hear he is almost over his illness, bummer about his restless night though - makes you thankful they are not like that all the time. Where are your pics from your dinner out?? All frocked up???

Simone - hope cat doesn't have her babies to soon, how is she today? We should start finding a date for our c0cktail party so we can book it in. Good on you with the battle of the ciggies!

CC - it sounds like a dream where you are! Dolphins, fishing, horses, growing vegies. Will make it hard to come back to city life. So glad to hear Ally is sleeping well for you. Enjoy the quiet "you" time that you get.

Amanda - I hate older kids playing on equipment designed for younger ones. When we were at McD's on Monday a school bus of kids arrived and all came out into the playground which is quiet small. They looked well over 12! My GF went straight inside and said "who is the teacher", this guy sheepishly put up his hand and she told him to "tell your students to get out of the playground, there are young kids in there!". They were going down the slide on trays, and being very rough with each other. They were all boys - the teacher came out and told them to get out! Glad you said something, but the respect issue with kids is such a problem.

MooGoo - is it good for ezcema? And what should I use from their range? The stuff I have started to use hasn't done that much good, but I have only been using it for a day!

Cee-Cee: If there is any Moo Goo products that you desperatly need I could probably get them for you and post it over, because it is made in WA there are quite a few chemists that stock the products (one at my locals shopping centre), and they have a fairly good range of the products......just let me know (that goes the same for anyone else that is in desperate need of Moogoo)

Anyone want to suggest a date for our c0cktail party?? maybe mid-end jan??

OK I've finally put the pics up of the boys with Santa and our chrissy tree, just go to my home page.

Ali I'll email you again after chrissy about Kailen, sorry I haven't got round to doing it yet and thanks for the help.

hugs xoxo

quick one from me - all this talk of Aldi made me visit a store - not bad!
    in fact I went to our local shopping centre (Airport West) and flynn fell asleep as soon as I got there. so I cruised coles, safeway, bi-lo and aldi looking for discounted bargain items. LOL- Bath, thought of you crusing coles after a fight with your DH!

better go and make dinner - BBL

Amanda: Just checked out your Chrissy piccy of the boys and Santa They all look so relaxed! He must have been a very nice Santa. When I get around to scanning our piccy you'll see poor Wade was very uncomfortable... leaning away from the gentlest little old Santa I've ever seen! Also Cody's looking better A very healthy twinkle in his eye.

Love airport west - my local too!! Rory, hows that hippo from the op shop going?? For $5, inst it brilliant?
    We didnt bother with santa pics this year (the formal shops one) the boys have seen about 3 diff santa's at xmas parties, we have gotten some good pics from there.

D'oh - I forgot the hippo!!! Better got here tomorrow and plead "sick child" - LOL!!

For you other Junies - Simone and a GF spotted a fisher price gobble and go hippo in my local opp shop for $5. I tried to buy it on Saturday but only had a $50 note, so I said I would get it on Monday. whoops!!

Its all good rory,better hope they havent sold it on... didnt they say they were closing wed until jan 8?? hope not

Its in great nic, we couldnt believe how cheap

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast