Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #25

Bath - i put it is Xander juice, in a straw sippy cup, and i just teach him to shake it lots - its his "special" drink. He's the only one i give it to, as decan eats really well, and anneliese is doing ok without it for the moment....

HEy nic, will be sad to see you go

Hey dee, hope you can settle lachlan down after the christmas madness period is over...

Woo Hoo! Just found my greenstone! I was fitting a smaller lambskin into the carseat when I spied a missing dummy...and under the dummy was my greenstone!
    I think Oscar's waking up, doh! Had so much I was getting done...

What's your greenstone? Bit of jade?

It's just yuck here ATM... so bloody hot... given Wade a bath... Niall's unsettled... Verity is in-out-in-out looking for kids to play with on the street but of course they are all inside...

DH is going to be late. I'm so tired... I feel calm but just want to be still but the kids won't let me rest... always having to get up and chase them or get something for them or rescue them (Wade climbs up on his tallboy and gets stuck)... I just wanna lie down in the cool part of the house... house isn't too bad mess-wise... just wanna rest.... I guess if we had air con I would feel more productive... but we'd be a few hundred out of pocket too after paying the bill I guess. Maybe I should defrost the freezer... yeah... and make 'snow' for Wade to play with... he loves "driving" his Thomas (train) through a plastic tray of soft scraped freezer ice...

Yep, NZ jade that cost DP $160 when we went to NZ together in 2003 (we had been together for all of about 5 months). His one cost $90 the year before but the land rights laws had come in in the interim which meant that non-Maori owners of greenstone mines couldn't expand...so the price of their greenstone went up! Poor DP, then I go and let Oscar pull off my piece...it has grieved me ever since I lost it over a month ago and now I feel like I'm walking on air
    Ok, trying to make a CD label for a DVD I'm sending with my mum to my rellos in Central America, and I'll give one to my sister, too.
    Cool bath sounds like a great idea, Bath! Might even have to do that a couple of times tonight - just heard that the 'low' will be 25 degrees. Bring on NZ weather...I'll send pictures of what rain looks like!

Bath - just went to aldi and got a table for a train set (with a train set) for $99. Its looks like t will fit the boys new thomas set on it too... and its nice and low for them

Spent the arvo at airport west shops, just pottering around. got my hair cut just a trim, and a new fringe) and had a cuppa while reading a magazine... not often i get to do that!!

Off to pick up dh now, and get the kids from daycare then organise dinner... dont know if i can be bothered, might just grab something on the way hom, if i cook my whole house heats up
    31 with a late cool change tomorrow, at least that'll be better than today... its almost 37 here atm... yuk!!

Anyway, off to get the ratbags from daycare, will hopefully come back on tomorrow

TTFN!!

Hehe... I know that walking on air feeling... when I was about Verity's age I found a long lost Mindy doll under the driver's seat of our car... it had been lost for nearly a year... I was ecstatic! Some Junies might not be old enough to remember a show called Mork and Mindy... well I have a Mindy doll... LOL

ETA: sorry Sim! missed your last post! Your day sounded great! byeeee!

I DO remember Mork and Mindy! Ha! I loved that show!
    Oscar is in our antique laundry tub under DP's supervision...he's splashing around and - OMG, he just pulled himself up on the rim to standing! Better take a photo...

Default Survey!

WooHoo! revised Christmas maximum temp: 18'C!!! "let it snow let it snow let it snow!" (no doubt we have that song somewhere on our 1950's Christmas mega mix courtesy of Napster circa '99... DH now uses Bear Share but I honestly think we own every Chrissy jingle ever recorded! including the entire Mormon Tabernacle Choir repetoir <-- that's what we play Chrissy Eve). What's everyone else gonna be listening to???

ETA: Go Oscar! Hope you didn't "come a cropper" as old GrandDad would say!

Quick one from me - hey Nickers and Mel and Amanda!!

Simone, you know my thoughts on your DH.

IK - have a merry one - so jealous of your trip to NZ - I love that place.

Merry Christmas Bath - prolly (picked that up from Sim!!) will type more Chirstmas eve

Listening - DH is a bah humbug when it comes to carols - I LOVE THEM!! - but I will sneak a few in on chrissy day - I love Bing Crosby's rendidtions the best, and I have a Rat Pack christmas album which rocks (Sammy Davis Jr, Deano, Frankie, the works!)

Better go - got to organise my days - off to mates place tomorrow arvo (in Knoxfield - might as well be Mars its so far from our place - LOL!) to stay the night before heading to DH's aunt in Warburton for Chrissy lunch on Saturday and then in laws and my parents here on Chirstmas Day. I don't want to shop for food on Sunsay so I have a narrow window tonight to plan my menus (incl. a long distance cook - have to make a salad at a mates place to take on saturday) and wrap pressies. AND I am catching up with GFs for morning tea tomorrow morning - PHEW

Wish me luck girls!!!

Short vent - so PO'ed at SIL ATM - will type more later but it looks like she has invited herself (and the vegetarian!!!) BIL here on Chrissy day without telling ME!

have a good day tomorrow rory. what did you get from me? LOL!!

Nothing planned tomorrow was thinking of doing housework, but its still meant to be earm before the cool change... might do some washing if its not too smoky.

yeah i heard it might snow in the alps on chrissy day! how bizzare, but atleast it might kill some fires. down to 18 wow. syd is going to be 22, hobart is only going to be 14 on xmas day! so far the only hot place on xmas dayt is gonna be Perth at about 35 degrees....

i bought my pina colada stuff today, mixed the malibu in it and its in the freezer getting ready for chrissy. got the rimming sugar that you put around the side of the glass.

rory- not that i know the whole story but dont go out and buy any more of what u already have, and when they show up on xmas day act surprised and tell them the food was only preped for xx of people etc! on the other hand she may not have really realised she actually invited herself. i did this recently to a christening i assumed we were getting invited to, i did get invited verbally afterwards but felt stupid when i realsied what i had done, i rang my gf and appologised for inviting myself and turns out we couldnt go anyway. i know i just gave conflicting advise then but just trying to see both sides of the story.

Have a great time in Sydney, Nic! It will be weird to make the mental shift that you are no longer going to be in Melb, but I don't know why, as we meet mostly online!
    Rory - good luck for tomorrow! Today, as DP didn't call his aunt to organise a visit, I had the 'day off', so just took my time around the house figuring that if I got SOMETHING done it would be more than the nothing I would have done had we gone for the visit! AND I found my greenstone, so it was a productive day.
    Oscar's grizzly again...bet he needs a sleep...

Just a quick one again tonight, I took Cody back to the doctors this morning and he has a really swollen throat which the doctor said is tonsilitis again for the forth time in 6 short months my poor munchkin.

Will do a proper post tomrrow. Hello to everyone, good to see you back Dee.

hugs xoxo

Nic - hope you find something nice in Sydney. When will you be doing the move? Hopefully we might get a chance to meet up before you leave, would be great to meet in person. I could go one of the pina coladas right now, its still so hot outside!

Dee - have a great time shopping solo! I am sure Lachlan will settle once the xmas period is over, it is such a hectic time of year. You have a lovley xmas too, enjoy spending it with your family.

Bath - icecream cake sounds delicious! Just been talking to my GF in Brisbane and she has made these little xmas puddings by breaking up plum pudding, soaking it in frangelico, rolling into balls then topping with white chocolate and glace cherry - yummy! I too remember Mork and Mindy - NANOO, NANOO!!!! Sounds like you need a strong martini tonight. The hot weather seems to bring out kids feral side! Chelsea got home from swimming at IL place and was so cranky and tired.

Simone - what did you end up doing tonight. Wish you could have joined me at all night shopping tomorrow. Train set table sounds cool.

IK - great news about your greenstone! How did you guys cope with the heat? Can't wait to see Oscar scaling the laundry trough!

Rory - sounds like you have a hectic few days! Being in Knoxfield is only 10 mins from me - probably seems like miles for you but I can get to Gladstone Park (aunty lives there) in 40 mins using citilink. You could have popped in for a visit! Have plenty of vegies on standby - just in case LOL!!!!

DH has picked up all laybys and Chelsea swings (its going to take ages for us to put it together!!). Just got to hide them all. Spent 3 hours at hairdressers today, it was bliss and got the best head massage but came out $150 lighter!! It's my one indulgence. Going to have breakfast with GF's tomorrow morning at 10am and swapping our xmas presents. DH is having some drinks with work colleagues tomorrow afternoon, then I am heading to shops to finish some shopping. Then it might all be done.

Night all

Hey, whats everyone up to today?? ANyone wants to0 meet up somewhere?? just sms or call my mobile... taking dh to work now, and kids to daycare... stil have bub today though

I can smell rain... very overcast and windy here, but its still about 32*C already... meant to get up to 35. Hope this cool change hurries up!!

Off to daycare now... at least i can turn sponge bob off...

talk to you later girlies xx

time for a new thread everyone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678