Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #25

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi gals..
    $90 for a life member, I think I will do that.. thanks girls.
    Baths - I know what you mean about not having to cook dinner on occasion - it is like getting an early mark from school or something LOL! The Bread & Butter pudding sounds amazing... tell us if it worked.
    Amanda: hope Cody is 100% better soon - those older kids at the park sound like they need a good smack on the bum!
    Mel - I don't think there is a cure or magic potion for any skin condition, even cortorsone (sp?) does not cure it, however some of the moogoo products can help manage the condition, have a look on the website for some ideas, perhaps the goats milk soap and the udder cream may help, but I think if Marley's skin is SUPER bad you may need something stronger, however when it calms down, then use MooGoo to keep it under control. She will probably still have flare ups when you need serious medication. (My best friends children suffer so I know a little bit about it).

Ali - awww... that is so sweet of you - thanks darl... I'm good right now as I always order in advance, I was just surprised to see it out of stock!

Amanda - going to check out your pics now... I have a great one of Ally, but when I tried to load it, my ticker failed and now I don't have any ticker photo... can't get it to load anything... darn... oh well, will have to wait till I return.

off to bed

thanks for the Xmas gretting IK, hope to chat before you leave, if not, have a great time.. and look forward to chatting next year.

Rory - gotta love an op shop bargain, hope you can go back and get it. Did you buy anything from Aldi. There are so many good things there and after reading the thread about it, I might try some other stuff that I have been reluctant to try.

Simone - I have Chelsea's party on 20 Jan and the following weekend is Aust Day, but we don't go away then so whatever weekend suits the majority. Can't wait.

CC - what medication did your friends kids have? The dr told me that cortisone is quiet strong and affects the way skin cells regenerate, so should only be used as a last resort and they may recommend 2 days on, 2 days off until its under control. She has been so ratty tonight, scratching like mad and then hurting herself. If it doesn't start improving soon, might have to go back to drs - feel so sorry for her as I know how annoying it is to be itchy. The heat doesn't help either and her skin feels quite hot. Was thinking of posting a thread about it and see what others have used. Should try the MooGoo, got nothing to lose but alot to gain if it helps.

Amanda - pics are beautiful! You have 4 very spunky little boys and chrissy tree looks fantastic!

Thanks girls they are good looking boys, if I do say so myself, lol.

Well I think I may have solved the problem with Cody, I think he may have been over fed, cause tonight he did another biiiggg spew, but was laughing straight after. What do you girls think? I've never had one of the boys do huge spews if they were over fed.

Going to bed now, nighty night.

hugs xoxo

Cortisone thins the skin if used for prolonged periods...i like pawpaw cream, that always works on Xander

Amanada - declan just used to keep feeding until he spewed, we used to have to stop and let it settle, then see if he was still hungry... GL

Good morning...yep, I had to apply cortisone to the tip of Wade's pen!s because the skin was too tight and ballooning every time he did a wee. Cortisone in this case thinned and loosened it but it still balloons a bit... I'll have to take him back to the paed and see if he might even need to be circumsized... not my prefered option but better than repeated infection and pain later in life.

I'm waiting for my In-Liven then going to do a little more grocery shopping... might need to hang around the shops if it hits the predicted 35'C.

IK: are you still around? You're leaving on the 23rd are you? I also wanted to wish you a safe and fun journey... we'll miss you! try to get online over there, even briefly.

kids fighting over the bananas... better go!

Kids fighting over fruit?? And people said this day would never come... just put the prices up $10 a kilo LOL (govt conspiracy )

I use cortisone on Xanders skin when i've tried everything else, there's a cream you can get over the counter, about $10 a tube, and its the step down fro aristocort (the cortisone cream) and its does the trick. Still use it sparingly, but its not as bad for their skin.

I dont know what im going to do today, DH told me to do washing, but i cant be bothered, its gonna be too hot... at least the kids are in aircon, they took them out or their outside play at 8am so they could stay inside when the kids would usually go for their outside play. Me, i should go shopping, but dont know... Meant to go for my ct scan, but cant get an appt into the fracture clinic on the same day so going to rescedule it. Dont want to do 2 runs!!

Oh and hows this for ridiculous?? DH borrowed 2 books from th library for Xander when we first got to melbourne, as we forgot to bring some with us and xander likes having a bedtime story read to him. So we borrowed 2. When we were moving around before we found a house, we couldnt find it anywhere, and told the library so. They just told us to keep them updated and to bring them in when we found them. We started getting letters "Overdue books" etc, and then got one "You owe us $181 due to you not returning these 2 books" WTF??!! The next one was $250... then they addad $160 solicitors fees onto it!! I found the books, and told them, and they said keep them, we just want the money... So i rang the solicitors this morning, and they said "if you just reutrn the books, we will wipe your slate, including fees." Why couldnt the library say that?? What if i had just paid it, as we got a notice to say we were going to court soon... We called their bluff. D1ckheads...

Morning girls - funny sort of morning, very smoky but not too bad. Wind is quiet nice. Chelsea's last day a kinder today, she looked so cute, she had on her Santa tshirt and her rudolf hair ties! DH has gone to shops to pick up our laybys. Glad its him and not me. I will be doing my run late tomorrow night!!!

Marleys skin is not much better today. I have gone back to the sorbolene and that has made the skin less red. The eczema cream seemed to make it worse! Will just keep slathering on the sorbolene and see what happens. It is so frustrating!

Amanda - never had a spewy baby either so I'm not much help LOL!!!

Bath - poor Wade, is it painful for him when it happens?

Simone - well done for calling their bluff! Bugger paying that much in fines

Getting ready to chat on messenger with the GF from America. It has been snowing very heavily and she sent me photos, it looks amazing! Very traditional white christmas for them!

Back later!

I'm still around, got back really late from brigade last night (ummm, this morning), cos we won't see anyone till the New Year. A normal club situation would have seen us just say "Merry Christmas" and be on our way, but these are people we see at least twice a week, every week of the year - me for near on 5 years and DP for 4, and we won't be around for the festive season for the first time in a long time. So, it was a late one.
    Oscar has just woken and is playing with DP - must have woken in a good mood, again, I can hear chortlings.
    Simone - how stupid about the books! I can see the solicitors' faces now, thinking "They're KIDS books, what a joke!". No-one is going to take that action seriously, when the books are going to be worth about $40 combined and you can provide medical certs to prove hardship and difficulty in getting the books back. Sheesh!
    Bath - poor Wade! I hope that skin problem clears up soon. Thanks for your Chrissy wishes I will most likely have an opportunity to get online (I've only realised recently that my sister is not the funster I always thought she was - DP shakes his head and wonders where I ever got that illusion from!). Will bring laptop even though I don't have my battery from the computer shop yet (still waiting, still calling them to annoy them).
    Ok, gotta feed an awake boy...
    ETA: Nup, not hungry, just exploring the rug and what's on it again.
    Just missed your post, Mel - like Simone suggested, have you tried paw paw cream to settle it down? DP was at Knox for the 24 hr trade last year and it was quiet enough, so it should be ok! Chaddy 24 hr trade is madness - there are people who go there instead of to clubs so that they can be seen!
    And white Christmas...anyone who really wants one of these should head to Mt Buller on Monday...tipped to snow! That'll put a fire out, I'm tipping!
    More washing to tend to...
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; December 21st, 2006 at 09:48 AM.

Mel:Oh a white Christmas would be lovely! One day i want to spend Chrissy in Switzerland... Had a holiday in London one December but came back before Chrissy... but saw Harrods all decked out and I could imagine what it would be like... but it didn't snow... Chrissy in Scotland would also be lovely... especially in Edinborough... love that city!

Wade doesn't seem to be in pain when he wees but when it get's bigger later in life it'll be a problem... it'll be an issue to be sorted out next year when the dust settles.

ETA: Sorry Sim and IK... missed your posts... Wade's ratty already he's just wandering around the house whinging, tripping over his feet and crying etc... Verity has done a puppet show for him which he watched and enjoyed but now he's back miserable again.... he's not sick... just bored I think... wish this damn delivery would arrive so i can get out of here! Good on you Simone ringing the solicitor... they obviously saw sense. Mel: I think sorbolene will just moisturize, won't contribute to actual healing... the paw paw might have some active ingredient that might help... I've heard a lot of good things about it... also try visiting a good health food store rather than just a chemist... Manuka honey has excellent healing properties, have you heard of that?
    I'm washing like you IK... make sure you fit in a rest today girly!

Tipped to snow when there's a bushfire raging?? havent heard of that one before... Typical bloody melbourne...

Well, im considering getting out and doing something, im bored sitting around the house with a cat thats swiping my legs everytime i try and walk anywhere (batty thing she is) SIL wants me to go to vic markets, but dont know if i can be bothered, its goig to be so hot... apparently only 32 now though (dh set up on my toolbar what th min and max are meant to be, and i get pop ups every 30 mins when BOM updates their system. Not bad!! Its 28 atm in Essendon.

Im off ladies, going to do something productive with my day off...

If im not on tomorrow, dont stress. DH has been a bit of an ass, and has told me he'll turn the internet off if i dont do some washing and tidy up (i refuse do do it because im sick of him dictating to me when and for how long i can go online, and how the house should be done. He doesnt ever help, and im struggling with mt wrist the way it is at the moment!! So angry at him right now... any one know how much for a quickie divorce??)

ETA might go somewhere swa nky for lunch... any suggestions???

I get my pawpaw stuff from the chemist, about $13 a tub and i lather it on... try putting some natural rolled oats into a stocking (just one of your old pantyhose) and make sure its cant escape, and use that instead of soap. Apparently the "juice" it makes is good for the skin, thats what mum used to use to wash those of us with eczema. Just replace every few days. I use that and the pawpaw for xander (plus sorbolene in between - i also wash xander in sorbolene) Try all that and you may be able to avoid cortesone cream... ill keep trying to think of more natural remedies i use.
    Last edited by simone; December 21st, 2006 at 10:32 AM.

Bath - my GF was in Malaysia last year for xmas, so it was stinking hot and so humid. This year she has freezing temps and snow!!! Would be pretty wouldn't it. Never been OS, so love hearing other peoples travel stories, makes me want to go! At least those of us who have traditional xmas lunches can enjoy it. I might make some lentil, bacon and veg soup for entree if it is going to be as cold as they say. The Manuka honey I have heard of, can you buy that in an ointment form from health food shops?

Ik - definately can't see the hills today. Pretty smoky outside. Hope you get all your washing done and time to chill out! Its fun going out to the all night shopping, seeing who else is a crazy as me LOL!!

Simone - DH shouldn't be dictating when you clean and use the internet - that's a little too controlling :mad: . You should be able to do what you want, when you want! Do a quick whizz around if you have to, but not because he told you to. It not very fair, but I know you know that. Go out for lunch and enjoy yourself. Housework will always be there when you get home LOL!!!

Thanks girls for the suggestions for Marley's eczema. I have heard of the paw paw cream and it's pretty greasy isn't it? I can't rub anything in too much as the friction of rubbing it in makes her skin too hot. Its so strange as no one in either side of our families has ever had eczema or any hayfever type allergies and it is usually hereditary. Chelsea never had skin problems! I hope it clears up soon as she looks terrible and I know its itchy her. Willing to try anything at the mo so keep any suggestions coming.

I want to do the "all night shopping" but i dont know how to get to knox, and i dont know if i could drive hom at 3/4pm... and i do have to get up in the morning LOL

Sim - Chadstone has the 24 hour trade, too You know what I think of your H's latest attempts at boosting his own ego by eating away at your fragile sense of self...he can't be made of much if he has to keep taking from someone else.
    Mel - I haven't used the paw paw cream, but I know people who swear by it.
    Supposed to go to visit DP's aunt, but she hasn't answered her phone today and DP was supposed to call her last night, grrr.
    Snow is tipped for the alpine areas, only, as far as I'm aware, so not Melbourne as such! But snow and rain are the only things that will help those fires, so bring it on, say a few thousand people out there right now.
    DP wants some 'action', but the action I want is help hanging out washing...not making me feel very sexy! Oscar has gone down in his portacot...for how long is anyone's guess.
    I'll ask DP to call his aunt again...I could do with a trip to the beach...but if it doesnt' happen, then I may be able to tidy up this end of the house before NZ!

IK i've heard chadstone is madness for 24hr trading... anyone up for a shopping trip this evening?? DH can have the kids and ill just bring anneliese in her HAB. I need some time with adults who like me as a person and not as a housewife... Im going to go shopping now, i need to do something more productive than sit here all day!!!

Be back later ladies (im actually gonna go this time...)

amanda- that sanat pic is awesome, all boys smiling even Cody! very well done!
    Bath- did u go to greensy to get your santa pic or Myer in the city cant remember?
    Simone- dont you still have a broken arm in a cast! tell your dh to get off his a## and help u do stuff around the house! sorry but he should normally and esp when you cannot do a lot of things. Also WTF library charging so much over 2 books.... i hope u can just return them and have it cleared cause thats ridiculous.

well ive rung a few real estate agents and looking at some houses in syd tomorrow and sat, just seeing whats around as DH has a meeting with his boss tomorrow re: transfering back to sydney.

Hi Mel, IK, CC,Rory, Ali, Jess, Emishka (would love to hear from u) both Dee's, Jaspen (where r u?) Karen (hope Nathan is better now),Racs (where r u?) Jo (u too come back on) Kel, & anyone else i have forgotten.

Hi there,

Sorry i have been MIA for a while, i have been so busy trying to get everything organised for christmas, im still not done, im leaving to go to mums tomorrow morning so i can leave Lachlan with her for the day and get my shopping finished off!

Lachlan is still going better than he was but not as good as he has been if that makes sense. We have slipped back to 40 min sleeps again today and he was up a fair bit last night and crying. I dont know what it was but i just gave him some panadol (after an hour and a half of trying to settle him) and he seemed to go to sleep after that.
    Im not too worried about him being unsettled at the moment. He is going to get bundled around and will be going to a few different places over christmas so its going to unsettle him anyway.

I havent had time to look over the posts but hopefully i can tonight.

if i dont get a chance to get back on i hope you all have a

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Yeah where's Jo and Emishka? I think it's been the longest between posts for them...

Nic: Went into Myer in the city... queued for 2 hours exactly... but it oddly didn't feel that long, there was quite a lot to do whilst you were waiting including train rides which Wade enjoyed just watching. Hope all goes well between your DH and his boss... we'll miss you though! But I guess this is where online friendships are great... doesn't really matter where you live! I speak to interstate Junies waaaay more frequently that i do to friends and family who don't have internet connection... it'll be good for you and your family to live closer to your extended family... not having relatives around is really hard sometimes.

Ugh, hot, made an icecream Christmas cake earlier just because I had all the ingredients... I know it's going to be a cool day but I've never made one before and I know GrandDad (FIL) likes it and he's staying with us for a week... over from Sale... he'll have a few tales to tell of the fires... my relos from Cowwarr stayed where he has his granny flat.

My In-Liven arrived... took a dose from the almost finished jar... feeling a bit calmer... sometimes if I take it in the early afternoon I don't feel as frazzled with the kids... I guess it has a lot of B vitamins (mood stabilisers)....should try to work out how to sneak it into the kids' food.

ETA: Hiya Dee!!!! just missed your post... going back to read it now...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast