Boys asleep...check
    TV station with fireworks about to be broadcast...check
    Champers poured... check
    Ticker updated...check
    Group hug!...

#karen# Guest

Happy New Year Everyone!

Karen! Happy New Year! *mwah mwah*

Some neighbours near us had some pretty spectacular (probably illegal) fireworks... we got a good show from our veranda.

#karen# Guest

We were also on our front verandah viewing the local council's fireworks

Happy New Year girls - I hope you all had a fun night!

We had dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant in Richmond (Tho Tho, for those who know it) and then headed to a party in Carlton. Little Flynn was SOOO good - even though he had barely had two house sleep during the day he didn't get to sleep till 10pm - the restuarant was really noisy, he is at the age when easily distracted, they party was interesting for him and I forgot the hood for my pram!! (Bath, I am swapping between the toddler seat and basinette ATM) But he was great because he didn't cry, just cuddled. Poor lamb though - by the time he dropped off he was shagged! He ended up waking at 1.15am when we left, and then was a bit hard to settle at home but a bit of boobie fixed that abnd he was snoozing by about 3am.

He slept in too - to 7.45am instead of his usual waking time of 7am!! So hence I am up, surfing the net, trying to get a live-wire to sleep so I can. Don't like my chances - LOL!!!

Dee that is great news about the house - I can only imagine how hectic it must be moving so many kids and their stuff!!

Better go - very sleepy - zzzzzzz

ETA : Couldn't resist - had to get stuff of my chest here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...599#post564599
    Last edited by Roryrory; January 1st, 2007 at 08:52 AM.

Hi all

Happy 2007! Can't believe its another year already!

Rory: Read your reply in current affairs forum and replied. Can't get over how my youngest SIL is considering chucking in a well paid job as she's due in May - they have virtually nothing and she earns more than her hubby! long story but you can read about it in that forum if you like.

We went to a small NYE party at friend's yesterday after Matt came home from work at 9pm. Next door had a very loud party (with huge speakers and disco lights and all!) so there was no point in staying home. When they turned on their speakers at 8pm Aleise was asleep then woke up screaming! :eek:

Anyway we went to the party, I settled her upstairs with a bottle and she zonked out. We came home about 1.30am (Matt made me drive AGAIN so I only had one drink) and the party next door was still in full swing (and very loud). They watched us go inside and turned it down a smig and I managed to hold on until 2am before rining the cops... naughty I know and even though Aleise fell asleep no probs I didn't think it was fair they have such loud music when they knew we have a little one and all.
    So I remember the music being switched off about 5 mlins later (old lady next door must've complained too) and woke up at 8am to feed Aleise. The police officer asked me the ages of people at the party and I said from 16 to 50 odd.. there was about 20 of them and they had a young baby there too (was being breastfed when I spyed on them at 2am) and it was kept awake! :eek: Gee some people have no common sense!

Oh well - vent over.. have a great new year ladies and bubbas - we're having friends over for a prawn barbie tonight (Aleise's godmum and her new man) so gotta go and clean up.. take care.

Happy New Year Junies!

I hope you all had a great night whatever you did. We just went to a friends house with our other friends, so 3 families, 6 kids. It was great, beautiful BBQ, some champers. Kids wouldn't go to bed, 3 girls in the same room is a big mistake. They finally feel asleep just before midnight. Marley slept in her bassinet in their study. We got home at 3am and DH was a very happy drunk! Finally fell into bed at 4am with prays that both kids would sleep in - it worked!!!! Chelsea woke at 9.45am and Marley at 10am! I couldn't believe Marley woke so late as her last bottle for the night was at 8pm (+ some pear/potato after it). Chelsea has gone to Bunnings again with DH looking at water drippers for the garden. Marley slept from 12-3pm and is just happily playing on the floor. She has started rolling alot now from back to tummy and is working out how to get hands out.

Rory - sounds like a fun night and I do know that Vietnamese restaurant. There are so many good ones in Richmond. Flynn is such a good boy - letting his mum & dad enjoy their night out! You go girl - love what you wrote in your post. Pity that some people in our society prefer to "make it to the top" rather than spend some time with their kids. Your kids will love DH for the time he gets to spend with them - alot of kids miss out on dad time.

Neeny - small gatherings are the best. Bummer about the loud party though. Good on you for calling the police, otherwise they could have partied on all night. It was all quiet around here. Enjoy your prawns tonight.

Christmas tree is down, floor vacked, washing done and hung out. If I sit for too long, the eyes start getting heavy.

Enjoy the first day of 2007!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Happy New Year!!!

we did nothing except decide that we will start to TTC again in November this year... yeah... hopefully AF will apear before then...

sorry can't write much else, Ally is screaming in the other room as DH is trying to put her to sleep and it is upsetting me... weird how we can't focus when our baby is crying.. bloody hormones...

oh... Ally has her first food tonight - pumkin, can't wait!

Happy New Year Girls, yaaaayyyy.
    Went outside with DH last night about 9.30pm so he could have a smoke and the next door neighbours were out on the verandah and invited us up so with baby monitor and a drink in tow we joined them, DH's both had to work today so off to bed they went and left us ladies to it, I decided what the hell I'll have a Gin the lady from across the road also popped over and about half the bottle later and about 4.30 am I crawled into bed. DH was great, he bought me the pump a glass of water and some eggs on toast and gave Nathan a bottle. and let me sleep til 10 am when I got out of bed, pumped again and DH gave Nate anoher botle. I wasn't seedy at all and actually not that tired either. DH has gone off to nightshift and I'm gunna do some more packing, have to cook tea though since it's a public holiday the shops aren't open for take away and neither is the pub, I can't wait to move back to civilisation. Can you believe we've been chatting since 2005, it seems so long ago, lol.

Neeny are these neighbours roudy all of the time? Was it you awhile back that had to complain to police about their neighbours noisy parties. If so well good on you, you think they would learn and have more respect for their neighbours. They should have turned it right down when you got home.

However (Probably get shot for having a different opinion here... BUT...)
    If they are usually quiet neighbours and never party, I would have sucked it up and not been a dibber dobber and let them have their fun, It's New Years, the world can't stop because we have babies, they are actually very resilient beings that are more intune with our feelings and emotions then with what is happening next door unless of course it is right outside their window, lol. I think apart of being a respectful neighbour also lies with cutting our neighbours some slack now and again. BUT if they are always partying and loud I would have dobbed them in too.
    That's just my opinion
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; January 1st, 2007 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling is atrocious

Hello everyone!
    well ive been dragging myself from couch to cough all day today feeling quiet off.... we stayed at our neighbours till about 3am I THINK! and drank way more then i intended. They had made jelly shots with vodka/midori in them which kept on coming, also kept the cowboys coming, plus i drank myself a bottle of wine, 2 bourbons and about 4-5 slushie daquari's.... ohh geez that sounds bad! i think i made up for not drinking last year.. Nixon went to bed about 9.30pm and brought the monitor across the rd with me, worked great! still made about 5 trips back home just to check on him though. he was a good boy and slept till about 10am, woke at 7.30am and then slept with us for the rest of it.

sounds like everyone had a good night, reading about the noisy neighbours got me thinking how loud we would have been last night....the music was up pretty loud and we were playing cricket at 2am, no cops came so i guess no one had a problem with it.
    But like Dee said if its a rarity its not so bad.
    it was an 80's theme and half of the ppl had silly wigs which everyone found amusing to try on! i think there would be a few silly pics of me floating around somewhere!

anyway waiting for pizza, too blah to think about cooking. Diet starts TOMORROW!!! determined this time cause i feel uncomfortable in all my clothes. Aiming to loose 10kg

Happy New Year!!!!!

I hope all you ladies had a wonderful night ( I know you did Nickers!!)

Anyway, i was in bed by 9pm! woo hoo a big one for me, i woke up at 11.30 for Lachlans bottle then put him back to bed and walked around the corner to the beach where they were having fireworks (my sister stayed with us last night so she sat at home in case Lachlan woke again) so i stayed up until about 12.30 and then went back to bed, Yes i know, im a party animal.

up until last night we have been having a terrible time with Lachlan again, he has been up all night and not just waking up and going back again, he has been waking up and screaming for about 2 hours at a time, there is nothing that i can do to console him, i pick him up and cuddle him and yes he stops for a while but then starts screaming when i try to put him down again, i have given him some panadol but that didnt help and tried Bonjela and neither of them work. last night he slept from 12.30 until 5am so that was pretty good for him!!

Im taking him for his 6 month needles this week, im dreading it!! i feel terrible doing it but it has to be done i suppose (even though its a little late, i just wanted to get Christmas out of the way!!)

Anyway girls, i will try to get back and have a look over the posts so i can do personals.

Cee Cee - Good luck with the Pumkin!!!

CC - good luck with the pumpkin tonight, I hope Ally enjoys it!

7th Heaven - Dee, read your post about your sister at xmas and I can understand why you were so annoyed. What did you decide about the mobile phones? DH to the rescue with eggs in bed - you lucky girl!

Nic - you p!ss head LOL!!!! Lucky you did have a mighty hangover. Glad Nixon slept in for you. Love 80's parties and its so easy to find daggy stuff to wear because it was pretty tragic in the fashion department. Hope the pizza made you feel better.

Dee - at least you got to see some fireworks and no headache for you this morning! Sorry to hear Lachlan hasn't been sleeping - at least he did well for you last night. The 6 mth needles aren't too bad, Marley had no temp or crankiness after it but it did hurt cause she hollered like a banchee! Poor thing, but she forgot about it within 2-3 minutes.

Chelsea was cactus tonight and in bed asleep by 7.45pm! Marley went down about 8.30pm so looking forward to a quiet night. Nip/Tuck back on tonight - YEAH

Ooouuuccchhhh, Nathan has just drawn blood for the second time in a week, OMG my nipple is pulsating with sharp pain still. He is teething as he will do for another 3 months before he will get a tooth in his head. I'm taking this to the breastfeeding forum to get some help, Oooowwweeee, I like having nipples, I certainly don't want them ripped off.

Mel, lol. They are sitting in front of me on the computer desk. It is ridiculous. No we are still deliberating over them. My eggs were yummy. Lol.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; January 1st, 2007 at 08:49 PM.

7th - you and Bath need to chat as she had a bite this week too! You guys can compare notes. i stopped bf before my girls had teeth, so I have no idea how painful it must be - getting tingles just thinking about it. OUCH:frown:

I don't want to give it up it is way to convenient and cheap, lol. and in our move to the Gold Coast it won't get lost and I can keep them on me at all times and know where they are so I can feed him straight away when he's hungry and won't have to scower through boxes saying I know they are in here somewhere. lol But if he keeps biting my BB, I physically won't be able to put him near them as I will be too psychologically damaged.

Happy New Year everyone, sounds like there were a few good ones in there. Ours was good the camping trip was great, the boys run around all afternoon and most of the night but all four were in bed sound asleep by 10pm so I had 3 vodkas and squash. I quite enjoyed sitting around the camp fire and listening to everyone talking and enjoying themselves. One of the guys we were camping with had a fair bit to drink and fell down a rocky hill and broke his wrist. We had to wait til about 9-9.30am to leave to go to the hospital cause everyone was over the limit, he broke it at about 2am so was in a fair amount of pain, poor guy, but it was also funny when it happened.

Dee (7th) glad to hear you got a house, we'll have to orgainse something after you get settled and the kids go back to school, Nathan is looking very cute.

Everyone else a big hello and it's wonderful that we have shared such a long journey together for well over a year now and I hope that we share more together.

hugs xoxo

Hello ladies!! Glad you all enjoyed your NY's, i went into melb city, went to Crown and St Kilda clubbing. Kinda over clubbing (much prefer pubs) but was still an ok night.

My NY resolution was to unclutter my house (and maybe to eat a little healthier) The unclutter one is a biggie for me, as im a hoarder, but im getting a skip, and going to chuck lots, or give it to thesalvo's (maybe even have a garage sale, make a little money out of it). First though, i have to get the house tidy LOL.

CAant wait for ANY meets!! Im not fussed what where when or how, miss ou guys heaps

Off to make lunch, cooking up some sausages and putting them in bread, cheap'n'easy!!

hiya everyone... probs with 'pute... just letting you all know that all's well... Heaven: i share your pain!!! had to buy some formula cos it's even too sore to express... my smaller boob is making more milk gradually though so i too am determined not to wean!

back later...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast