Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #26

Default Babies Born June 2006 #26

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum
    Last edited by BellyBelly; December 27th, 2006 at 06:05 AM.

Your previous thread is HERE

Oscar is so hard to pack for!
    Just posting to get the updates
    BBL

Good Luck IK we'll miss ya!!

Everyone must be out christmas shopping it was a nightmare... got anneliese a dolly pram, and got the boys a cool sippy cup each - the one with a big fat straw (more like a fun cup) declan got a bob the builder one, and Xander a spiderman one (declan also got the matching bowl, xander laready has the matching spiderman one)

just downloading a heap of frank sinatra for DH, going to make a cd out of them. he adores frank him andalice cooper (my DH was born way too late)

IK - incase I don't get a chance later, have a wonderful and happy christmas in NZ. I hope the flight over goes well and Oscar enjoys his first time on a plane. Make sure you post over xmas and let us know how things are going. Re packing: just take basics that you can mix/match - you can always buy stuff while you are there. Have fun!

Simone - I raced to shops are 9am and it was pretty good, but didn't have time to get other stuff as I had to meet GF's for breakfast at 10am! Not enough hours in the day for me lately!

Had yummy eggs benedict with bacon and a jumbo latte! Beautiful. Bought the pawpaw cream last night and it has definately helped. Redness has gone away and her skin is looking better - its just very messy and sticks to everything and everything sticks to her LOL!!!

DH taken Chelsea to his mums for swim. Time to do washing/vac etc then he is out for drinks at 2.30pm. Me off to shops at some time tonight - that will be fun (NOT!!). Need to find some warmer clothes for the girls on xmas day. Both of them have new outfits to wear based on slightly warmer weather. Going to be hard finding warmer stuff at the moment! AHHHH

Its awful to deal with, but doesnt it work wonders mel?? Have you tried the rolled oats as soap yet?? i bought some cheap stockings last night, and going to make xander a rolled oats soap bar today i think target were starting to bring out some jumpersand stuff?? maybe just put a pretty cardigan over their outfits??

I may be able to go late night shopping, depends what time DH gets home (his work drinks tonight after work - as he's going to 4pm, i said i'd prefer him home by about 10 or 11pm) what time you going to knox?? i dont know if i want to take the kids (make it a girlie shopping trip, if DH gets home in time)

Just enjoying a mango and passionfruit boost juice mmmm.... nice and cold

Need to get some oats and pantyhose! Sounds like a good idea doing it. Glad to paw paw ointment is working. Not sure what time I will go yet, trying to decide whether I feel like going late late or just after dinner (7ish?). Been having lots of late nights lately, I never go to bed too early. Heaps easier shopping without kids - far too many grumpy people around LOL!!!! Will keep you posted. Mango and passionfruit sounds so yum, might have to have an icypole before I start vacing!!!

I've told DH i want him home early, his reply was "ill tell you ill be home at 4am so if i get home at midnight its a bonus" when i go out its "you have to be home by this time" grrrrr... You're going anywa, arent you mel?? ill just call you if DH comes home in time and isnt too drunk... Cant wait for our chrissy drinks, im planning to leave DH as a babysitter!!!

I've got a great Christmas present idea for your H, Simone - coming home to a lock that his key doesn't fit into and an AVO. And that's for real! Best present you and your kids could give yourselves
    Ok, gonna try to head out to get these photos finalised (will look better in the frame if they have mattes around them, and DP didn't like the pic I chose for his mum, so he's putting a new one on my data stick)...

dont tell me you're crazy enough to attempt the shops now IK... good luck!!

Good afternoon girls... I suspect the cool change is starting to arrive.. weird how there was that strong smell of rain early this morning hey Simone?

Well as usual the wind is making the kids irritable (stirs them us like horses) but we all sat down and watched another episode of the Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe and it worked wonders. We'd been out shopping too this morning.

IK: I agree with Mel, just pack the basics for Oscar and accept that you might just have to buy a few extra things over there... it is hard packing for babies but lugging around heavy bags and other paraphrenalia is almost just as bad as not taking enough sometimes... if in doubt, leave it out is my motto... it's amazing how you can often just make do. I've got this funny/useful Worst Case Scenario book on Parenting. It shows you all these amazing half funny half serious tips on how to do such things as make an emergency nappy out of an adult size t-shirt! I've gone and fetched it... there's a chapter on how to Deal With A Screaming Baby on an Aeroplane! Hahaha... it has 7 suggestions that range from: "Make highly visible efforts to quiet your child"... through to: "Do not pretend you do not know the child" Having travelled many times with my children on 'planes as babies i recommend delaying a feed for as long as you can before departing then attaching just prior to lift-off if you can. The sucking action helps adjust the pressure in their ears which can cause pain in babies and young children... also it almost guarantees that at least the first part of the flight they will be settled and probably asleep. Anyhow, you probably already know all this.

... still flicking through my book... "How To Deal With A Smart Alec" hehe... better refresh my skills on that one... Verity is being a real little madam today.... actually I can hardly say "little" anymore... I predict that at the rate she is gaining weight and the rate I am losing it we will overlap during the next year or two! Thing is she is all muscle and I'm kinda shrinking and muscle is heavier than fat. I dunno, kids these days, you'd think we're all feeding them steriods! it's scary!

Good to hear the paw paw cream is working so quickly Mel... also Manuka honey doesn't come in ointment form, you just need to apply it as is... i know, doesn't feel the nicest but if it works... sometimes I think that when medicine companys tamper with products to make them "nice to use" they muck up the properties that actually contribute to effectiveness. I'm starting to wonder why they had to make Panadol/Nurophen so "yummy" I'm having a real issue with Wade trying to sneak into the medicine chest when I'm not looking. He also threw a huge tanty when I had to give Niall a dose recently... he wanted some too... *shaking head* are we creating a generation of junkies? The word "medicine" used to strike fear into our generation but we still managed to deal with it if our parent's masked it with honey... why is that so hard? When i say "medicine" to Wade and Verity they think "it's just as good as a treat! Gimme some!" I might ask the chemist to give me a "bad tasting alternative" next time... if there is such a thing!

Where's Wade? back later....

Bath, my boys are both the same in re: to medicine...

IK - if oscar uses a dummy, make sure he's sucking on that, or give him some cooled water in a bottle (if he will take the bottle) as you wont have an opportunity to bf until a while after take off. I let my boys have lollies like snakes and stuff (thank goodness for the natural confectionery company!!) and they dont complain of ear pain... good luck. I hate flying and it looks like i might be going to back to perth for a visit around march... i hate flying with 3 kids, and Xander will be almost 3, declan will be 2, and anneliese will be 9 months... its gonna be a nightmare!!

Off to go pick up a parcel from the post office, hoping its a package i odered off ebay last week, DH hopes it his western bulldogs packs... i think ill win LOL ill let you know... The little miss is up, so im off!! will come back later...

The paw paw cream is continuing its magic! The redness has almost completely gone, her face is clear of any redness. The only thing was she scratched her head pretty bad and left lots of bleeding scratches. Covered it in bicard soda paste, let it dry, then put more paw paw cream over it. She looks like a grease monkey from the 60's with her slicked back hair LOL !!! She is still scratching a little, but not as bad - thanks girls for suggesting the ointment. Next will try Simones oatmeal bath.

Bath - Chelsea loves medicine too!!! I have her telling me she is sick and needs medicine, then proceeds to do the fake cough. Gave Marley panadol after 4 mth injections and she almost threw it back up, she gagged, screamed, thrashed, didn't like it at all. I was also reading on the panadol bottles that the babies panadol requires refrigeration and the older one doesn't? Wonder why that is? Regarding the book, I think we could all use a copy, sounds good. Rained here for a while before, but still warm. News just said change might not reach Melb until 7pm tonight as it had only just got to Warrnambool - wish it would hurry.

IK - what photos are you using? Most photos look heaps better with the backing board, a more professional finish. Are you heading into local shops or big shops?

Simone - was it your parcel? Still haven't decided what time to shop yet. Hope H comes home at a decent time (doesn't sound likely), his xmas present to you this year could be to treat you with more respect and give some time off! Will let you know once I have decided.

Chelsea got some xmas presents today and I let her open 2. One was a Barbie Fairytopia head that you do its hair and it has a brush, hair clips etc. She has been getting all her scrunchies and hair clips, making some lovely hair dos! Other one was the cat from 12 Dancing Princesses, it meows when you tilt its head, very cute. She is raiding the pantry, must she what she is grabbing, likely the chocolate .....

I got the kids a disney money box at the post office (a faries one, a spiderman one and a cars one) for $4.95 each, and yes, it was my parcel!! a thomas the tank sodor service station i won on ebay last week, for $27 inc postage... they retail for $70. Its in good nick Then when i got home, a beautiful bag i won yesterday had already arrived!! Very happy - 2 parcels in a day!!

just got off the phone to tru energy - they reckon i had a elect bill of over $700!! I dont think so! after fixing it up, i know owe just unfer $300, (thats some left over from last bill) so abit happier with that...

I just sent an sms message wishing Jo, Jaspen and Karen a Merry Christmas and hoping they pop on here again soon because we miss them! I'd love to hear from them again... I didn't have Emishka's number... but the same for her too!

FIL due any moment... the house is a total disaster... but I'm gonna chill

Why not?? when FIL came around tomorrow (he was on his way to euroa to his defacto's house) and instead of buying the kids presents, he just gives us money and lets us buy what we want for the kids... he gave me $200 for the kids, and slipped me $100 "just to help us get thru chrissy." (plus, FIL only just gave us $2000 to buy the computer im on, the $500 for the desk thats on and pays the $150 a month for our broadband...) i thought he hated me, but he reckons "everyone's fulla ***** simone, i think you're orright" made me smile But anyway, he came over yesterday and i just chucked all mess into the kitchen and closed the door

Anyway, im just waffling, should go and get the boys from daycare, but its air conditioned in there, and im sweating just sitting at the computer...

IK hope you have a good flight tomorrowand enjoy seeing your sister and new niece.

Well I just had an OMG moment, I was coming back to the computer from talking to DH and Cody was in his pram and Kailen was leaning over him standindg on the pram wheels and they moved and Kailen fell to the ground and the pram flipped over throwing Cody on to the tiles. He bumped his head a bit and landed on his stomach, he only whinged for a second so I don't think it was to bad. Kailen is now in his roomm so I don't do something I will regret later.

Another thing, I think Cody should get an award for this one... he did a blaster poo and it went all the way up his back and .... get this into his..... hair. It was sooo gross never had any of the kids do one that bad, needless to say I gave him a bath, he thought it was funny as.

I also got my hair cut last night, I got most of it cut off again it was just below my shoulder blades and it now sits just on my shoulders and I got a nice dark browny violet put thru it all, she said that I looked nice and sophisticated lol. When DH saw it he asked me if we were going to DTD cause I looked like a new woman, bloody men.

Hello Mel, Bath and Simone and all you other girls.

ETA also forgot to mention that in the bath Cody found out the he was a boy, lol now he's not going to leave it a lone.

hugs xoxo
    Last edited by AmandaJ; December 22nd, 2006 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Forgot stuff

That's so nice of your FIL, Sim - at least you get some benefit from being married to that, ummm, I'll be nice and not call him anything at all
    I went to local shops and it's all done! DP has gone and organised a BBQ so now I have next to no time to fold laundry and pack some more stuff.
    I'm just not sure what the weather does in NZ at this time of year, that's why I'm debating which clothes combinations to take for Oscar. I don't really want to buy anything other than some disposables nappies over there, cos everything costs too much for kids there! Pretty much just need to pack undies for DP and me, cos we're not taking too much for clothes.
    Ok, I'm not thinking straight anymore cos I need to be off the puter and onto my tasks at hand!
    BBL

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast