Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #28

Kelly what a shame it's not in QLD I would've been interested, ah well. Hope a baby from BB gets it.

Well Cody has finally done a poo, it's back to normal consistency too, thanks for all the advice.

Mel how's Marley's excema going? It's been muggy up here for a few days and I was thinking of you.

hugs xoxo

She's in Townsville... when i went there yesterday i didnt see it... are you able to get it and just send it to her?? She sounds pretty desperate for the book... she's looking at buying it from the US.

Amanda thanks for thinking of us. It is much better since I have been using the cortisone the GP prescribed. The redness is gone and she is definately better. Her main problem now is her head! The cradle cap is shocking - if she gets herself unwrapped she then gouges at it and when I go in and get her up, her head is covered in blood and all these scratches! I am now putting socks over her hands. I cut her nails every second day and the GP suggested filing them. Have you ever tried to file a 6mth old baby's nails - its bloody hard. So glad to hear Cody's poo is better.

does your GP have kids Mel?? How silly to say to file a 6mo nails... as if!! its hard enough to cut them... What are you doing to the cradle cap??

File them? Huh? What a sure way to induce baby-crankiness!
    Well, I'm on my way to baking something - I've got the filling of a slice done and now I'm having dinner and after that will work on the base. We'll see, my baking is not exactly world-famous and has never been worth writing home about!
    Oscar asleep on my back in the Ergo, the only way I could keep preparing my dinner.
    That's awful about Marley's exczema, Mel - instead of sorbolene, could you not use a cold-pressed vegetable oil? Or an organic baby moisturiser? The Vitamin Shoppe at Knox has a couple of brands and I use Gaia (The one in front of the donut man downstairs...).
    Paperwork is still where it was this morning, however, all the washing has now been done, including nappies. Under the house doesn't seem to be as smoky everywhere else, so only white nappies go out on the line when I eventually put them out (hey, said they were clean, didn't say they were hung!).
    I'm getting two quotes from electricians about rewiring/updating switchboard stuff. Just the switchboard will cost a small fortune, but it will need to be done either now or later when we move walls around, and we don't have a safety switch...that part I'd like to rectify sooner rather than later. Money that has to be spent.
    ok back to baking...I'm channelling you, Bath!

Mel: I can't recall if you've said whether you've tried MooGoo's Infant Scalp cream... if you haven't I can bring some for you on Friday... I've got a whole tub that Niall doesn't seem to need for his cradle cap anymore since i used it on him about twice.... it hasn't returned.

Simone: yep, I'm going to try to make it to Rory's on Friday... her place is within walking distance from the train station is it? I'll PM her later...

Jess: rest! I know it's hard... delegate delegate delegate! Today I decided i don't need to peg as many loads of washing on the line as Verity is perfectly capable... shame I actually LIKE pegging nappies out LOL I'll just do those from now on! hehe (Jess rang me earlier today to say that her surgery wound has become infected... she's on antibiotics).

ETA: ROFL IK... sorry, missed your post amidst the chaos here ATM

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hi all,
    just a quick hello as today is my last day on holidays... Mel, re: filing nails, well, I do Ally's every week.. I know it may sound strange but I use a really strong nail file so only have to sweep the nail once to take off the sharp edges... (you can buy them from Diva jewlery shop)...I am a strange one though, I also file my dogs nails - he hands me his paw and I file away like a human! He hee...
    must run, dinner is ready..bye all!

Sounds like a productive day IK i cleaned my house (lounge, kitchen and boys room, still have Anneliese's room to do... went thru my baby stuff for Kar yesterday when i sent her my flanny nappy stash, and boxes are still open everywhere...) Cooking dinner atm, lamb chops and potato gems, but boys are having alfredo, chicken, cauliflower w/ cheese and kumera/potato mash. mix it together and put gravy on it... me and declan love it... (i ate Xander's, he's not interested!!)

Going to get all my washing out tonight, so i can just bring it in pretty early tomorrow. Just going to keep the house tidy, not going to do much tomorrow!! Going to be too hot...

Bath - rory's is within walking distance, im catching the train from essendon as im letting DH have the car (he's going to take the boys to daycare and pick them up) if you want we could meet n the same train - in the first carriage? I know how to get to rory's.. make it easier for you What time you planning on heading there??

Simone - PSL but I have been filing them!!! I usually do it while DH is giving her a bottle, just even of the corners after cutting. It does help but I couldn't do it on my own. The cradle cap is giving me grief! I have tried olive oil (helps a little but is so messy), bicarb soda made into a paste, left to dry then wash off, paw paw cream! I think I might take Baths suggestion of the MooGoo.

Bath - that would be wonderful about the MooGoo, thank you so much. I know how happy you have been with it. Even if I could just have a small sample, then if it works, I can order some. I am always reluctant to order things until I know they work. Just finished dinner - I made lamb shanks in a spiced pea and potato broth, it was so yummy (shanks cooked with ginger, garlic, saffron, cinnamon). I am trying out lots of new recipes this week - get bored with the old ones. Maybe we could do a recipe swap at Rorys?

IK - Go girl with the cooking! I am sure you cooking is fine - cooks tend to be critical of their own work. My mum (who is no longer part of my life - thank god!) was a ***** cook and never taught me a thing. I learnt from working in hospitality and learning things from some fantastic chefs, plus I love experimenting! Are you bringing the slice to Rorys? Can't wait to try it. The sorbolene works well on her skin in between the cortisone. Using only sorbolene wasn't taking the itching away, the cortisone has helped that. Someone on another thread has been using a body shop butter, another uses some other cream both with good results on their babies eczema. It is such a trial and error thing to see what works, but the sorbolene is good. The problem is finding stuff to try in small quantities as I have spent a fortune on things that don't work or make her skin worse! Thanks for the suggestion though, I know where that shop is. Happy Baking. Safety switch very worthwhile - we had one put in when we first moved here and 2 days after we had moved in, it went off. We kept turning it back on as we couldn't see anything wrong. It kept turning off, so we had to call electrician who looked under the house and found a live wire sparking! The idiot who lived here before us must have cut it and it had been sparking for ages as the boards were all black and charred - the elec said it could have burnt the house down if left. Thank god for the safety switch!

Rory - have you decided what time you want us? I will wait to hear from you before I decide what to bring. Don't want to double up on stuff - maybe we could all post what we are bringing once its decided.

CC - just saw your post, glad I am not the only strange one here LOL!!! Had to PML about the dog, we used to do that too!

im thinking of typing all the recipe i love onto the comp and making an online recipe blog... im such a geek but that way anyone can have my tried ad tested recipes!! Mum bought me a gucci recipe journal (very thoughful i've been saying for ages i need something to put my fav recipes into to pass onto the kids) so i'm putting thebest recipes into atm...

Alright, im going to bring some King Island Camembert adn cracked pepper crackers... that ok with evryone (just makin sure everyone can eat it...) will make a dish of some sort, havent decided what yet, as i have to take it on a bus, tram and train plus 2 decent walks to get to rory's!!

Guys, quick one from em - I reckon if we say from 12 noon onwards that should suit most - that way nickers can come after her 10-12 thing and those PT-ing it can rest easy
    We can stay as long as you like - the pub doesn't shut till late ;-)

rory - you might end up with us all night Would you like me to bring something sweet or savoury????

ill be catching the train over to your place, ok rory?? i think i may catch the train with Bath, so i can walk her to your place...

Talk to you tomorrow

ETA i agree Mel, thats why im getting DH to pick the boys, up, that way i can relax and spend some time with my favourite girls in the world (apart from my princess )

So who's in?

Nickers
    Me
    Mel
    Bath
    Rory (Duh!!)

Thanks heaps bath sorry i wasnt on while u were having trouble.
    cant stay Nixon is carry on like a pork chop. he only had a 20min nap this arvo and struggled to get him to sleep for 1.5hrs i gave up so he had a bath, dinner, play, bottle, now he is in bed absolutley screaming his head off.... i had to walk out he is doing my head in.... ive given him panadol & bonjela thinking maybe teeth, now i just he is to far over it.
    better go

Don't worry Nic... they all go through this... it's a phase... make it your mantra "it's just a phase, just a phase"

Sim: yep... we'll keep in touch on Friday morning via sms and hopefully meet up in the first carriage...

family wants me to watch the cricket with them...

OMG!!
    Forgot what prolific typists/posters you all are! You are all so damn bloody energetic! I'm v. jealous!
    So going back about 300 posts or so...

Re. Compact/ RoryRory's idea of NO-buy policy
    Anyone interested in seriously trying to do this? with blog and all? Or should we try and do it through the for sale/wanted part of bellybelly?

Child-proof gates - NEVER EVER lean out over one to smack/admonish your dog. You could break your right wrist...ahem!! That said our daughter had no probs with the spring loaded ones as our DD didn't climb like ik's Oscar does!!

RORYRORY
    BTW-
    Flylady is sooo good, so you go girl! Plus No-buy-Policy is really good for keeping the clutter down.
    and-
    I used to be a financial planner, and now I'm a book keeper (less keeping up with legislation and financial markets etc).

NEENY - Aleise is gorgeous!! and you sound really good.

NICKERS - come to sydney! come to sydney! come to sydney! when/if you do, lets have a BB meetup!

BATHSHEBA -
    as always, thank-you for the reality check re finances. I just lost one of my jobs, so this could be a tad stressful for me unless I focus on our NEEDS not wants.
    I had a heart to heart with a close friend the other day re. financials and put her straight that she is very wealthy, and it is really very relative. Hang out with people who dont' have a lot, or don't act/live like they do and it becomes less of an issue! I suggested that anytime she felt poor she could come and hang out with me!
    Your church sounds awesome! If I could be assed doing anything on a sunday that involved committment to anything other than late afternoon bbq's I'd go somewhere like that!

LOVEMYGIRLS-
    there are some GREAT products out there for cradle cap, even olive oil is awesome although v.messy. I liked the EGO product.
    Did you find out if Marley's excezma is from allergies? My friend's little boy's skin cleared up awesome once he was on formula which says a lot was because of what mum was eating.

and anyone else - hello! I skimmed your posts, but am blown away by sheer number of them. I remember that feeling in BellyBuddies!!

If you want to see how cute my bubba Ruby is - click my website link! you don't have to read the blog (don't it's boring as bat****), but just check out the picci! Cause I'm a bit proud!
    Have to go, cause DH wants to watch Westwing DVD and I need to save him from Charmed!!

Lots of love
    Last edited by nickel; January 9th, 2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: I've always got more to say of course!

Nickel - just read quite a bit back into your blog and you know what? Now I know why I missed you! I absolutely LOVE your musings and your writing style, it's so beautiful Geez, wish I could write like you! I may have once, but I think I've lost my knack after finishing my English major Ruby is just gorgeous! As for needs vs wants, everytime I'm tempted to get something that I know is a bit cheeky to consider I tell myself the words Jack Johnson uses - "We got everything we need and everything we need is enough", and then I understand life a bit better. Life isn't about 'stuff', it's about living, loving and doing, not having 'stuff' and collecting it.
    Girls, I may have a baking bone in my body yet - my slice is a smidgeon on the crispy side, but it's just crunchy enough to be pleasant and not overdone! The icing is neither too much nor too little. Too bad DP isn't here to partake... Also, I've discovered that I have no suitable containers to keep the bloody thing in! Back to eBay and bidding on a slice n store...
    Gave Oscar a bath and he's sleeping in the Ergo...would like to offload him to the portacot so that I can fold laundry and think about going to bed...and maybe vacuuming the rug.
    Might BBL...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast