Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #28

Default Babies Born June 2006 #28

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

whoo hoo am i first! havent been first in for ages.
    Simone- LOL at Xanders guilt trip little bugger!

Hahaha beat you all ;P

ETA Damn nic, you beat me LOL

I had a giggle about it later nic, but i felt awful at the time...

Dee... sorry I missed your post... OMG your bitten nipple experience!!!!!! mine was only half as bad (about 1/4 of the way around) but I almost shot through the roof at every feed... thankgod for the temp use of formula... and I know I know about vigilance and trusting others... it's so hard, they just don't have our intuition do they? Sounded like you did well remaining calm though.

Dee OMG how scary for you, I'm glad that Nathan is alright now, I know how scary it can be as Lockie once gave Cody a sultana while I was in the loo. I came out and found Cody trying to get it out with his tongue, after I got it out I told Lockie to NEVER give Cody any food it was my job to feed Cody not his. I think he was trying to be a good brother and share, but that's not the point.

hugs xoxo

One item of list ticked -
    i've organised an electrician for a rewiring quote and left a message with another...
    Now I"m going outside with Oscar to sweep the walnuts...and hope he doesn't choke on any - Dee, ugh, that pit of the belly feeling you must have had!!

You gotta love bigger siblings trying to help, Declan loves giving Allie her dummy, but shoves it right into her face... not on purpose, he's just a little rough...

Nic: just emailed you your av.
    Neeny: I'll do yours tonight, let me know your preferences (sorry if I missed them in the last thread)
    Simone: ah my kids have gotten into full ratty mode too now, have yours quietened down?

Declans in bed, Xanders sorta quiet (DH bought the Sodor Collapsing Suspension Bridge for him, but told him he only gets it if hes good...) and Anneliese is getting cuddles and listening to Billy Joel with me

Bath i just emailed you back. Im really happy with the avater so wait for it girls when it gets up Bath did an awesome job!
    just outside staining retaining walls that i never finished ages ago. Real estate coming around tomorrow and probably be putting the house on the market so just wanted to finsh little things around the house!

Nic - Don't go!! you cant leave us...

hi girls - busy day for me today. Took the girls into Fitzroy Gardens for the Fairy Factor concert. It was fantastic and it was free! Goes for 1 hour at the Fairy Tree, 2 GF's went with their kids and we put down our picnic blanket and enjoyed the show. The older girls loved it and they were all dressed in their fairy outfits. Some of the boys around were dressed in wizard costumes etc. It is on at 10am and 12pm until the 14th Jan. They also have a painting session b/w 11-3pm, which is also free, where the kids can paint whatever they want on easels set up under the trees. Not sure how long that one is on for - check the fitzroy gardens website. Home now, trying a new recipe for dinner - lamb shanks with spiced potato and peas! They smell so good, they have been simmering for about 1 hour. Chelsea loved helping me shell the peas. I haven't done that since I was a little kid with my nana!

IK - I can understand why you worried about Oscar. It's funny how when you are missing your DP or DH, how you can't think straight. They are sometimes our voice of reason. Glad it was nothing serious.

Amanda - sometimes apple makes them constipated. Pear usually gets things started again and as Bath said, some water. Hope it gets him moving soon. I have noticed that since starting solids Marley's poos have become much firmer (sorry TMI!!!)

Dee - you poor thing, I would have been freaking out about the choking! Like Nic said, makes me want to update my first aid. You must be relieved that you got it out. Hopefully now DH and the big girls will understand why they can't leave things lying around. Awful way to learn a lesson though! I don't envy you moving - it is a crappy job and must be made even harder with 5 kids to pack for. I hated doing it when it was just DH and I!

Simone - has the rattiness calmed down? Must be in the air - last night Marley fought sleep for about 1 hour. She was grumpy from about 5.30-6.30 but eventually after many trips back and forth, she settled. Happy 7 mths to Anneliese too! Re the gagging thing, maybe she is not ready yet or doesn't like what you are giving her. Marley gagged with rice cereal (who wouldn't!), but is fine with it mixed up with apple or pear now. What has your MCHN said?

Big hi to everyone else and sorry if I missed anyone - hate it when a thread finishes and I am trying to catch up LOL!!!

Mel - my MCHN hasnt returned my calls, there's only one for our whole area (and alot of newborns apparently) so she's very busy. Its calmed down alittle, going to try different things. Allie was fine with the same thing last night (homemade puree apple) but not this morning. She's been a little off, but hoping it will pass... Ratiness still here... jess called me before, and Xander wanted to talk, and i said no, as jess was calling form her mobile, and xander told me to eff off!! time for b/sil to curb their swearing... still relaxing, just got dressed, and about to tidy up before DH comes home (gotta hang washing out too) but having trouble wit my wrist, just next to where i broke it it feels really strange and very sore... dont know why!! hope it doesnt cause me to spend more time in cast... its been nearly 6w now!!

Oooh sounds exciting!

My pute is playing up now wouldn't you just know it!!!! grrrr.... I've desperately been trying to send Kath Nic's new av but I keep getting this error message. We soooo need to upgrade this old dinosaur! We're still using windows 98! When I return to study I'll be able to get rebates for software... can't afford several hundred for it.

Nic, I forgot to save it as a GIF file... if you know how to do that feel free to forward it on to Astrolady at [email protected]. Otherwise I'll keep plugging away with it... which i don't mind... need to have it sorted so that I can send in the other Junie's avs too. Oh and Nic, if you do send it on tell her that she doesn't need to make the background transparent because the white area is snow.... she'll know what you mean.

ETA: oh yay! I think I've managed to send it through Nic... (oh and I was wrong... i had saved it as a GIF file afterall)

ETA again: Neeny: I saw your post in the member's thread about avatars... would you still like me to update yours or have you emailed Kath? I don't mind either way

Rory - opened the Cowra Verdello, way o dry to drink... but i know some great dishes that call for a good dry white!! Started on the cab rose tonight (the evans and tate one) quite nice!! Im not normally one for dry wine, but this rose is really nice...

The temps still rising here!! up to nearly 27 here in tulla... hottest all day!! typical, this is when tis meant to be coolest...

I feel really good atm, house is clean, just mopped the flors, meats defrosting for dinner (lamb chops and veges) and im enjoying a glass of caberet rose while the kids are playing happily on the floor. Xander's trying to teach Anneliese how to keep rolling very cute.

Simone - it is very muggy here. I was just checking posts and found one in the Wanted section from Fruitwood about Brooke Shields book "Down Came the Rain". I am reading that at the moment (it is fantastic) and she wanted a copy. They have them at that book shop on Keilor Road for either $2 or $4.99 can't remember as I bought quite a few. Could you reply to her, I can't as I don't have access. If someone could get it for her and post. It is a really good book! Thanks chicky!!!!

not a prob Mel!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast