Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #3

CeeCee- My sister was passing quiet large clothes for a few weeks after she gave birth. In the end (about 4weeks after birth) she had a querette done to clean everything out. She said she didnt quiet feel right that whole time until after the querette so hers was more assoc with pain. She also didnt ever think her milk came in properly & had troubles bf and one MW told her this could have been because all of the placenta was not yet out. I know you have had some bf problems to so pure guess but if there are bits of the placenta maybe its stopping your milk from coming properly? Alexandra might be sucking extra hard to try and get it coming in and ripping your nipples apart. So I'd keep note at how much you are loosing and keep in contact with your dr/hosp.

sorry Ali missed your post. I'll have to go try and do the estimator, i was thinking of just going there tomorrow, what would i need to take? Or do i need to fill out an online form first? Great that Tori is sleeping a bit longer. Are you trying the top up/feed more frequently in the evening?

Tanya- Yeah i wanted to get the hands and feet thing done and the one i wanted was $250, DH didnt even like them (I loved the idea) but stopped to think if i do it for one i have to do it for any other children we may have! and yes alot of money, mum & dad gave us some money as a pressie for his birth so Im getting some pics done instead!!

Baby Bonus - if you haven't received anything yet call them up - my SIL called and it turned out that just as they were about to process it there was a computer crash and it never progressed until her phone call jogged it along again!! She waited nearly 6 weeks.
    I have made an appt with a lactation consultant for tomorrow - things are more miss than hit and I don't want to get to the stage where I'm in tears again from dejection, so I hope tomorrow can sort some things out!
    DP's being a bit more sensitive today. Had dinner at his mum's with his grandad and brother's family and when I arrived I was a bit brusque and strung out. I think he realises that my stressors are invisible but possibly still real enough to make me an uncharacteristic grumpy bum...
    Had myotherapy today - much needed deep tissue work!
    Anyone checking out Aldi tomorrow?? Great baby specials!! I'm going to buy my sister a portacot - $99. 3 wheelers for $99, baby clothes, monitors, utensils...

did the feeding regularly in the evening thing just to see whether it made a difference to us (he usually sleeps 4.5hrs followed by 3.5hrs, settling straight away, if I time the last feed right so was seeing whether he would sleep longer)- and it well and truly backfired on me. Samuel wouldn't settle until after 11 even though fed regularly from 7:30 til 10ish (usually will settle after a 9-9:30 feed no probs) then up again at 12:30 then wouldn't settle again for over an hour then up again at 3:30 and wouldn't settle for an hour. Of course he's now sleeping past his normal waking time cause I need to be out of the house early today - aghhh!!!

In reality the night wasn't that bad for a baby but I think I'll go back to my old routine and see if he goes back to settling better - we also found that he was happy in our arms , put him down and he'd scream (except when we had the hall light on). So in the last period DH turned the hall light on to find his way and Samuel instantly stopped crying - thought he would be a bit young for that kind of thing yet. It would be nice if he could make up his mind whether he wants his arms wrapped or not LOL!! Some days are better with them wrapped and others are better unwrapped.

Anyway had better dash got to be out and home again by 8:30 for removalists coming to quote.
    Last edited by jaspen; July 13th, 2006 at 07:33 AM.

Hi all, wow our third one already. Had a terrible night with Nathan as he squirmed and whinged last night, oh well they are few a far between. I have two medicare cards as well, Melissa and Nathan share one and the rest of us are on the other.
    Last time we recieved of Maternity bonus in like four days, this time round it has already been three weeks, Have tried to ring Centrelink this week at various times and have had nothing but an engaged signal, very frustrating. Taking Nathan to his health check this morning, so we'll see how big he's gotten, surely he's well over 8lb by now. He certainly eats enough.
    Big helo and hugs to everyone
    Dee
    PS thanks for the photos girls, your babies are gorgeous, I love baby photo's

meant to say - apologies for no photos yet but I can't email out - can receive but having a problem with sending - hopefully I can get it resolved in the next few days.

littlerigger Guest

baby bonus : we got ours within a week of putting in the paperwork.

yeah we got ours in a week or two so id be calling.
    off to centrelink now to c what im entitled to.

Currently on hold with Centrelink, got through really quickly though and a Lovely fellow is helping me out, It seems we got lost in the system and should have been paid by now but looks like someone in the Mackay office didn't do their job. Ok just spoke to the man and Nathan hasn't even been added to the system, but they do have a record of it being recieved at the Mackay office on the 26th June, and then nothing after that, so so I'm waiting for them to call me back now to tell me when I'm likely to be paid and for Nathan to be added. We got the Medicare Cards Monday last week, they were super fast.

Cee Cee I've been passing clots although mine has settled now, quite large to small ones. OB told me that it is fine aslong as I am not having pains with it and that my bleeding isn't trickling and bright red. My after birth pains were horrific for that first week and clots were huge and lots but now I have no pain and only occassional clot and quite small.

EDIT: Nathan had his check up and my little piggy has certainly grown. (At birth he was 3.44kg (7lb 9oz), came home at 3.20kg 7lb 1oz, HC 35cm, L 55cm)
    Now he is 3.76kg 8lb 5oz, HC 36.5cm, L 56.5cm. Yay for my little man.

Good afternoon... bleak day, would love to get out but it's just been too cold/wet... house is very tidy though! Being stuck inside the constant sight of clutter has gotten to me enough for me to tackle even the most procrastinated-over tasks. The ducted heating is doing a good job of drying the nappies and the only dirty one in the house is the one he's wearing!(if it is dirty... will check when he wakes) I've only been using disposables at night and when going out... this is better than I thought I could do in the middle of winter.

Emiska? Jo? where are you?

Uh oh... thought Wade was sleeping... I think I can hear him playing... better go check... back later.

Lanolin appears to be working I have plenty of Sudocrem, but I think I'll save it for more serious cases of nappy rash and use the lanolin when it's not so bad and to keep it under control. DP is quite stringent with nappy changes (probably to support his case for cloth nappies, cos I've said with disposables we don't have to be as on the ball with the nappy changes as with cloths!), and I have been a bit slack (not on purpose) until recently. It took a slightly sore bum for me to get my nappy checking act together!
    Boobs are tingling, must be feed time. Will have to wake him by changing his nappy...

Hi Girls,
    IK I use Curash Power and have always found it excellent in preventing and clearing those poor little sore bums. That Sudacream is also excellent and although I've never used Lanolin on the bum I know how good it is on nipples and would continue to use it to.
    Just went back and read the last couple of pages from previous thread. LOL Karen, re photo's I just had to take a photo of the hearing test he reminded me of a little chipmunk, it was to cute.

Ive been using the curash cream and found it works well so far. Ive also got Dakenine (something like that) Bepanthen/sudocream from baby shower.
    Went to centrelink and got my fortnightly payment sorted out, well it will take 3 weeks but atleast thats done.
    I also checked out Aldi for the first time. I bought some stuff to trial so see how we go.
    Nixon has now been asleep in the car since we got home an hr ago! so in that time i unpacked the shopping/unpacked dishwasher/steralized some stuff/put a load of washing on and hung out/ironed/put some clothes away/made the bed and all rather quickly incase he woke up! I've checked on him a few times and he is just zonked! (car door is open & in garage so ok!)

Happy one month Niall!!

Thanks jaspen He's in my sling ATM... we've just walked home from Verity's school... pushed Wade in the pram... finally some exercise! Stopped in at our local village grocer and bought a heap of vegies... don't know what I'm going to cook... maybe a vegie lasagne. Better make a start now before the kids get too ratty!

Alex is really testing my patience ATM...last couple of days he is having half a day where he is super good and the other half where he is a nightmare, doesn't want to be put down or settle and isn't that interested in feeding. It gets so frustrating and then (like almost all the other Junies!) DH and I end up snapping at each other and poor Gaby cops it a bit too. I then feel so horrible afterwards especially when I have snapped at Gaby, DH don't worry about so much as I figure he is an adult and can deal with it. Oh the joys of having a newborn around!!!

Nappy rash cream that I use is called Nappy-mate paste and comes in a tub. It contains zinc and is one of the cheapest creams out there but the one that I have found most effective. In fact it was recommended to me by a couple of midwives including ones who work on the premmies as they use it in hospital. It is really really good and definitely recommend it.

Happy 1 month to Nial!

Nickers Nixon is looking great, don't be too concerned that he appears smaller then other babies, he will catch up with time. As long as he is healthy.

... and if Niall's 1 month old today then Aneta must be too! (they were born on the same day) Can you believe you've already been a mum for a whole month Enigma? Well Done!

ETA: Thanks Gabysmum I know what you mean about snappy! verity and wade are driving me nuts ATM... Wade's throwing stuff everywhere and Verity is laughing at him! *grrrrrrr* Niall's sleeping... hurry up and come home DH!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast