Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #3

Well I've had a good day today, I got a gift voucher for a facial at Pure Indulgence for my birthday and I had it today and it was soooo relaxing and good just to have something for me, as well as a break from the boys.

Cody must be going thru another growth spurt as he's been feed every 2hrs since lunch time, have just put him down a few minutes ago so hopefully he will stay there a while.

Gabysmum,Neeny and Kel thanks for the pics of all the bubs, I just love to look at all the Junies bubs.

Also this morning I've some how broken my back molar and it now has a sharp edge and is rubbing under my tonuge when I talk or drink. It's also making me talk with a lisp, which DH thinks is hilarious, so I'm trying not to talk to much, easier said then done. Will have to try and get to a dentist soon about it.

Lastly a big hello to all the rest of you lovely ladies, hope all is going well with you all and your beautiful babies.

hugs xoxo

Just wanted to let you know that Patrick is in hospital with bronchiolitis. He keeps de-sating so they are going to start him on oxygen soon.

Jess sorry to hear that Patrick's in hospital, I hope that he's better soon and back home with you.

hugs xoxo

Oohhh Jess, sorry to hear that, Hope he's better soon, poor little baby.
    IK when you say cup feeding do you actually mean feeding him out of a cup, not an insult by any means, I'm just fasinated that you have the patients to do it and that he actually feeds out of a cup.
    Amanda oowweee with the broken tooth. I broke mine on a fruity loop, lol I had just finished telling my gilrs that daddy was naughty for buying them and not to expect any again because they are really bad for your teeth as you can break your teeth eating so much sugar and whammo, I did it, lol. It was hilarious to see the looks on their faces. Did it on a Sat Afternoon out here so I got out my nail file and filed it down to stop it from cutting into my tongue, it did the job and held well til my visit to the dentist.
    Neeny She is gorgeous, yay for the ticker

Dee - yes, patience, definitely, but also desperation! The earliest I can get his tongue tie fixed is possibly Monday, otherwise I have that Tuesday appointment lined up. This morning's feed was quite sharply uncomfortable and my nipples looked rather worse for wear on both sides (usually worse one side). I use a little medicine cup. Must express again - he just had 80mls and I'm not sure it's enough. Gotta express for hte next feed anyway...

Ik, you poor bugger, that appointment will be here in no time and my fingers are crossed that he'll be feeding like a trooper in no time. But you have to get a photo for posterity, poor little thing, but how cute. I have Nathans hearing test photo lined up for his 21st. So cute, he'll just love me for it. Lol.
    I've been expressing and giving Nate a bottle since he was 4 days old just in case I go out somewhere, I also have a good supply in the deep freeze. Not that I go anywhere, ho hum.

DEE-I know how that is hun, the never going anywhere!

BTW, my mums up your way atm, visiting my aunt in Sarina and my cousins in Moranbah!

jess- sorry to hear pat is in hospital, but atleast u know he will be in the best hands till he gets better.
    we just wtached the fumbest movie (date movie) sorry of anyone liked it but if u havnt seen it dont bother! some silly movies are funny but this was just ridiculous!
    Ik- cup feeding must be so tedious, only a few more days and hopefully you'll c a big improvement.
    ouch amanda.....

Sorry, forgot to say, Jess, that I hope Patrick gets home real quick
    Just a quick note before I head off to bed - I just had a nice feed!! I gave Oscar about 55ml of expressed milk then put him on the least sore breast...and it was nice! He seems to be sleeping now, so I'm going to get into pj's, get teeth brushed and get us both into bed where I'll express from the sorest side and try this caper again later tonight...fingers crossed! This will make the wait till Monday/Tuesday so much more bearable! I was afraid I'd be too scared to go back to the boob, but all is well
    Good night!

Tanya - the whole waking thing is a bit controversial between midwives. I would think by now if he is feeding well at feeds and wakes on some regular basis eg 4 hrs you should just be letting him sleep. Is he back near or over birth weight yet??? I think in the early days many are pretty persistent on the regular feeds to ensure your supply gets the kick start it needs and baby's weight gets reboosted after the initial losses of the first couple of days and cause babys can be very sleepy in those early days.

With my first I remember waking him on the 4hrs (not 3) until one midwife said no leave him (at six days old) he will wake when he's hungry (and mine wasn't the keenest of feeders) and he did and continued to wake 3-4 hourly during the day and had a long sleep at night. This also allowed my supply to settle into a pattern which matched his. I also found that after the first week or so I could express occassionally and use a bottle occassionally without upsetting my supply or his attachment.

It's different for everyone I know but just thought I'd tell you my experiences.

In short unless he's always sleeping a long time between feeds (and by long I mean six hours) or is just a baby who's always sleepy and not interested in feeding (which from what you've mentioned about night times he's not) - I'd be going by the rule don't wake a sleeping baby.

IK - bring on Tuesday - good to see you've found a system that will get you through to then with minimal pain to you and Oscar.

Anyway had better get on with the rest of the day - DH has ideas about going to the local country races today if the weather breaks so need to get a few things done by then. Samuel should also be due for a feed about now have to go check if he's still asleep. Unlike DS#1 this one has is own personal internal alarm that usually goes off every three hours on the dot.

Enjoy your sunday ladies.

Jess - hope Patrick is doing a bit better today and his oxygen levels are staying up- DS#1 had bronchiolitis as a baby but no where near as young as Patrick -you are in my thoughts.

Its a very windy cool day here in Karratha, well cool for Karratha weather anyway. So it is nice to have Alex all rugged up and cosy. I just want to snuggle up to him all the time!

Jess, you and Patrick and family are in our thoughts, hope he gets better real soon. At least as nickers said you know he is in the best hands in hospital.

Neeny loved the photo of your gorgeous girl!

Tulip I tend to agree with Jaspen in that as a rule of thumb never wake a sleeping baby. Each to their own but I have never woken DD or Alex for a feed, I tend to find they will wake when they are hungry. In fact just the other night Alex slept from 7pm till 2.30 am and I didn;t wake him, my boobs were as sore as can be tho!!!!

Had an up and down night with Alex last night, he just wouldn't settle and had what sounded like quite laboured breathing. This went on to this morning and around an hour ago I remembered that I had some Fess Little Noses saline drops in the house. Put them in his nose (which the poor thing didn't like at all!!) and the next thing you know- warning TMI ahead, the biggest chunk of snot came out his nostril. No wonder he couldn't breathe, it was huge. He went straight to sleep afterwards so am thoroughly recommending the use of Fess!!!!!!

Good morning... only just; had another sleep in...and DH is asleep still with Niall in Verity's bed...musical beds in this house LOL Verity was doing a good job of looking after Wade all morning until they decided to play Pop Goes The Weasel (running around the dining table) but by then I was ready to get up because the central heating had been turned way up above 20'C...oh well small price to pay for a bit of extra rest. Had a busy day yesterday: Went out to lunch with The Girls (neighbours and the woman who used to live in this house before us: she shares my birthday and has 3 children too: a few of several bizzare coincidences!) DH looked after all the kids... Verity was thrilled to be able to give Niall a bottle of EBM which apparently he drunk quickly. I had a great lunch and caught up on all the local goss... Bailey's cheesecake for dessert! LOL Then we spent the afternoon over at the Western suburbs visiting friends and a lonely old uncle of DH's... then it was dark and we bought pizza on the way home and hired some DVDs (Narnia) making it an enjoyable night in.

Jess: Thinking of you and little Patrick... hope he's doing ok... your DH is still at home with you? Guess it's lots of extra driving back and forth to the hospital again?

Nic: Yep, Aldi newborn size nappies (in the yellow packaging) are fantastic... very absorbant, slightly larger than Huggies and don't grip the legs as harshly leaving nasty red creases on the skin. Plus they are much cheaper... IK is right, you'll never go back to Huggies after trying Aldi. Wade is in Aldi Pull-Ups. We're going there today actually to restock.

Dee: Oooh LOL at your broken tooth tale of warning! That will stick in your girl's minds for many years to come, hopefully frightening them off those nasty Froot Loops. Are you taking extra calcium? I'm taking Blackmore's Calcium tablets... not sure if it'll help... I've heard that BFing is a huge drain on our calcium stores but that it's also good in preventing osteoporosis because our skeleton is strengthened by the depletion and rebuilding of bone cells, just as long as you provide the extra calcium. Do you know anything about this? being a nurse I thought you might.

Neeny: that's a very sweet little piccy of Aleise

IK: Good to hear you had a nice feed... I can't imagine you being too frightened to "jump back onto the breast-feeding horse" IYKWIM after this minor set back... I reckon after Tuesday you'll both be cruising

Tulip: Are you having little cat naps when Lucas is sleeping during the day? No? naughty naughty I know it's so hard when you want to use the time to get things done.... and I know how super organised you are... I just hope you're not putting housework before rest darl... please remeber Lucas will become more wakeful and you could get too much in debt sleepwise and then life will get really hard. At the very least choose a sedentary activity when he's sleeping... like BB cruising or scrapbooking! Don't even look at the vacuume cleaner!

Ok... gotta deal with unsettled children... back later...

#karen# Guest

Thinking of you Jess and Patrick, hope you have him home soon.
    My 6 yr old has conjunctivitis, so I have to diligent about handwashing so Nathan doesn't get it. I was so looking forward for kids to go back to school, now I've been told to keep him home a few days. Oh well.
    Must try the aldi nappies, discovered baby love don't keep runny poos in.
    Tanya - if your milk is in, I would try leaving him to sleep longer, good luck.
    IK - hope you can get it all sorted on Mon rather than Tues, all the best.
    No time to finish personals, gotta feed, big hello to everyone else.

Bath Did it during my pregnancy with DD4. Lol. Drank more milk this time round and took my blackmores horse tablets. And yeah you're right, that's what they say about pregnancy and Osteoporosis.

Tulip it's up to you hun, but I'm with the others Let sleeping babies sleep. Jaspen's right about the waking thing, He'll wake when he's hungry, so I would get some sleep when he goes down while you still have that luxury, you lose it somewhat with the second and third....fifth, lol. You need to look after yourself or you'll be no good to anyone. If visitors are a problem take the phone off the hook and post a note on the door, "Please don't knock Bub and I are sleeping". Or if it's someone close get them to pick up the vaccumm, or put a load on while you have a nap. Rest is important.
    Oh and Tulip I did some shots of my girls last year during a photography fit( no where near professional, lol) i was in, I'll dig some out and post them on my home page , I did Melissa up as an Angel.

Ok They are on there now, lol, Pixie Photos are here next week, yay, I'm so glad to get some professoinal photos done for our wall of shame, lol

Karen to bad about the conjunctivitis, heres to a speedy non spreading recovery.
    A big to everyone.
    Dee

Went over to hospital today to see Patrick.I lasted 20 mins, before I burst into tears!
    They put him on oxygen last night and the nasal prongs didn't work, so put a box over his head and pumped humidfied air into it.There is only one thing wrong with this, and that's the fact that noone can hold him and I can't BF him.
    I was full on my left side last night so I expressed it of, but unfortunately my right side decided that when it was full, it was too tender to touch and now because of the virus I have, I now have Mastitis in my right side.
    About 3 hours ago I started to get really cold and I just thought, that the virus was hitting me hard, but then I started hallucinating and I was delirious. Apparently I thought Patrick was next to me and then he had disappeared. I was literally screaming DH said.He finally got some nurofen into me and I feel a bit better now.

Dee thanks for the tip on filing the broken bit of my tooth it worked a treat, but my tonuge was a bit sore last nite and today but it's getting better now.

Jess I'm so sorry to hear that Patricks still in hospital and that you can't hold him, OMG about the mastitis, try and rest as much as possible and get well soon.

Not much going on here, so I'm going to go have some dinner.

hugs xoxo

Bugger, Jess Just when you think you're around the corner, you get another chicane! I've had some chicanes recently, so sorry about this one for you - all you can do is stick it out until you get 2 seconds of no dramas
    Walked to my gf's for her boy's 2nd birthday - it was a nice afternoon.
    Oscar must be having a growth spurt - he's constantly feeding...more than usual! This would be great but not whilst his attachment is a lovely, grippy, pinchy kind of experience for me!
    Oh, well, tomorrow I hope to lick this problem and get him on the right attachment track

littlerigger Guest

very quick one.

Jess I'm so sorry about Patrick. I hope everything sorts itself out soon!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast