Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #3

Happy Birthday Bath!!!!!
    I hope you have a fantasic day and get lots of nice pressies and cuddles!

ooh i'm cranky!!! was just at the shops when samuel started screaming - no probs he was due for a feed so i headed for the door. the shop assistant beside me said " oh his hats fallen over his eyes hes probably just scared" - "thanks" i say and try to move ou t of the main aisle which has people every where and toys in prep for the sale to get out of the way to pull it up but she wouldn't let me past just kept on saying '''''he's scared you need to pull his hat up - they get scared and scream when they can't see" - no s**t sherlock if you'd let me move i could fix it ( i couldn't get round the side of the pram to fix itr the place was so packed). i was appreciative when she initially told me but gees its not like i'm going to leave him like that if i can move to a place where i can fix it and currently you are preventing me doing that - aghhhhh!

anyway am typing onehanded so will drop back later

littlerigger Guest

Happy birthday Bath!!!!

Jaspen - I don't blame you for being cranky. I would have been to!!! People offer their advice but then don't stop to think that you can't always do something the instant they tell you about it!!!

Jaspen, What a rude woman. Busybody. Fancy not even giving you a chance to fix it and Ijust love how she assumed you had no idea about babies. I get that too especially when I'm pregnant and a alone ( not very often) or have one child with me and people just assume it's your first or second coming and they start giving you advice,
    i ask them how man children they have usually the answer is one or two and I say oh how lovely this is my fifth. (jaws drop, very funny)
    Happy Birthday Bath, hope you have a lovely day.

My gripe for the day is that I rang Centrelink agasin today as we still haven't been paid and the woman I spoke to said no nothing has been done with the claim, I said that it has been nearly four weeks and the man I spoke to on Friday said he would call the Mackay office and see what the hold up is and get them to call me bvack so I waited and waited and this morning thought I'd better ring again and this lady told me the same thing she is also going to ring them and get them to call me. I won't hold my breath.
    I'm getting cranky now. We don't need the money but I would like to be paid it none the less.

littlerigger Guest

dee how infuriating!!! I hope they pay you soon.

thanks for reminding me Dee - I need to ring C'link too - they sent me a pile of paperwork yesterday some of which I'm confused about.

Happy Birthday Bathsheba - hope you have a good day.

Happy Birthday Bath, hope you have a lovely day.

Well I got some good news today, my best friend from Sydney has just found out that she is pg with her 3rd. She only had her little boy in March this year, so she is happy, excited and nervous at how close in age they will be. She's not even sure how far along she is, but I'm just so happy for her.

Be back later to do more personals.

hugs xoxo

ok now i'm getting more annoyed and would just like to say some people don't deserve the pay packets they get for working in customer service - eg family assistance office.

I got given a two page form from the hospital to fill in to send in for Medicare and Family Assistance - I have now been sent back a letter saying give us all this other information - which we have given them some of numerous times before - and do it within 14 days or we'll reject your claim. No where in the letter does it say what it relates to I assume the $3K and I realise its a legislative requirement that they need the info but why don't they give us all this paperwork at the start so it can be done in a timely manner - It'll now be another month before I see the money - not that I need it but ...... - did everyone else have this issue or is it just me out in the sticks only being given half the paperwork at the start. MOre to the point why when I ring them to ask a couple of things are they extremely rude in their responses to my questions when I'm just trying to ensure we fill in the correct. Aagghh!!!

Maybe I should just go back to bed for the day - everything seems to be getting to me

littlerigger Guest

I only got the 2 pages & got our money.

Centrelink...don't get me started! At least, for once, they came good for me with the maternity payments, but otherwise they are the bane of my life.
    Well, attachment has not yet come good and it has, in fact, been horrendous in the last 24 hours. Last night was awful and I was in tears because my discomfort was upsetting Oscar. A good night was not had. I must have been out of my head with distress because I couldn't comfort Oscar like I know I can, I was making him wait for everything and then DP came in to finish off a nappy change for me because I started to fall into a stupor of tears and "sorry's" to Oscar...AND I couldn't even kiss his angry little face because of this F*ing cold sore!!! ARGH!
    Anyhoo, I have spoken to the LC and if nothing comes up before hand, I have an appointment on Thursday arvo.
    I just want to feed my beautiful little boy!!!! OK, I must still be sort of going out of my head...
    Oh, because of the horrendous night, I had to bail on my SIL and niece for her shots - I felt awful doing it, but I would have been a risk on the roads with my state of mind and after about 4 hours sleep on top of that.
    I REALLY hope everyone else is having a better day! Jess, sounds like things are looking up for you

Yeh Candy well I'm pretty sure all this extra info is to do with Family Tax Benefit a and B more than the maternity payment but no one on the end of the phone was able to tell me that. Can I ask how they got your bank details if you only filled in the first form??

IK sounds like your day is worse than mine - hope you get the chance to catch up on some sleep which I'm sure will put your head in a better place. You are doing wonderful things for Oscar try not to let the feeding get you down I'm sure the LC will be able to help you more on Thursday with sorting it all out.

littlerigger Guest

Jaspen - the one form I was given had a space on it for bank details.

IK - Hugs hon. I hope things there improve soon. I can only imagine the distress you both must be feeling!

Oh IK!!! ((((hugs)))) you must feel so frustrated! I know when some petty delay prevents me from feeding Niall I get agitated very quickly... let alone having to deal with pain and attachment issues! Thursday must seem like ages too... have you tried sheilds? Or better still gently manually expressing some and feeding via a bottle.... I think Tulip was also concerned about "teat confusion" but I think it could be a bit of a myth... All my babies and many other newborns I've known have accepted both a bottle and breast from their early weeks no problems. Just make sure you buy a good quality teat especially for a newborn ie slow flow. I highly recommend the NUK brand. Also even after your nipples have healed you'll feel relaxed knowing that your DH can feed Oscar if something happens or if you want/need to go out for more than a few hours. If you consider buying a pump I'd recommend the Medela brand. I've also got the manual Kaneson but it's a bit more trickier/slower to use. Anyhow please please don't continue beating yourself up about it... nipple pain is the absolute worst!!! Even when Niall scratches mine with one of his torn finger nails I almost jump through the ceiling!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes I was brought breakfast in bed and given more Villeroy & Boch kitchenware which I collect so that was nice Best gift of all would be a night's sleep though! Sounds like a few June (and meant to be June) babies have been sleeping wonderfully! Niall still wakes at 3/4am and again at 6/7am but at least he's easy to resettle... it gets hard when they are older and want to play in the wee hours!

FIL rang... wishing me a happy b'day too... I probably won't hear from my mother this year... oh well, not going to dwell.

Once again both boys are sleeping... I never expected it was going to be so regular (simultaneous napping) perhaps I should practise what i preach and have a bit of a cat-nap. Then again... a cuppa would be nice. Also; went to playgroup this morning... so good to get out... how are the Mother's groups going girls? Nic... you mentioned you were going to one now? Is it weekly?

something tells me the paperwork I got given was a different to others - oh well thats what you sometimes get in the sticks - I'll send this paperwork through and then if I still don't see something in the bank I know I've got a problem.

glad your having a nice day Bath, it is well deserved!

yep going to mothers group, i just got back from it actually, its every tuesday for 8 weeks and this was our 2nd. we definatley all talked alot more then last week getting to know each other. Im looking forward to the 7th one partners come and they teach "baby massage" and the last one is across the rd at the pub for lunch!

Medela is a good pump i agree with Bath if you want to hire one. I had it for 6 weeks and its very fast! You know you can keep the seperate bit you have to buy and use it as a manual. i still use this as my pump because i hadn't already bought one.

Well am sitting here at computer desk attempting to make up some thank you cards with photos on - is taking a lot longer then expected because I keep getting interrupted and it is very stop/start. Alex is on me in the baby bjorn carrier so at least I have my hands free.

Am getting very frustrated as he is still only having 20min catnaps during the day. Nighttime he is going to bed around 8pm then waking anytime between 12-2 and then again around 4. Not too bad, I can handle that, it is the days that are driving me crazy, he doesnt want to be put down at all which makes life a bit difficult.

IKI agree with Bath, have you thought about expressing your milk and then bottlefeeding? At least he is still getting your milk that way? Personally I use the Avent Isis breastpump, around $100 but it is nice and easy to use. One of my girlfriends tho swears by hand expressing, I tried but too hard for me.

Jess good to hear that you got a cuddle with your little man and that his o2 has been reduced/

Happy Birthday Bath!!

littlerigger Guest

Jaspen - sounds like your form might be different. Can it differ between states too? Good luck though!!!

Mothers groups - People keep telling me that I should join one but I don't know that I am a mothers group kind of girl? Should I go once and test it out?

Gabysmum - Sounds like Alex is being a bit difficult today Hope things improve.

ETA yay my new ticker works
    Last edited by littlerigger; July 18th, 2006 at 04:55 PM.

Jess: your email with piccys of Patrick worked... what a poor little mite! How is he today? And how are you?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast