Hello Mind if I join in, my details are as follows:

Name: LisaS
    State: SA
    DOB: 25/06/06
    Stats: Weight - 6lb 1oz (3155g), Length - 48cm, Head - 33cm
    Babyname: Kayla Susan
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Our first child - can be very unsettled

Thanks girls, I look forward to catching up with all your stories!

Welcome Lisa, hope you are enjoying your new little girl. As u can see we are a chatty bunch.

Jess glad to see Patrick seems to be improving.

Jaspen sorry to hear about your bad day today hopefully tomrrow will be a better one, same for you IK.

hugs xoxo

Just another quick one, I just went to the toilet sorry if TMI here, but when I wiped I got some pink mucus and when I wipe again there was a small amout of blood. I stopped spotting about 2 weeks ago and now this, I never had this with the other boys so I was after some ideas about what it could be. I had my 6 week check last friday and he said my uterus was back to were it was, so I'm a bit worried now.

hugs xoxo

Amanda: Have you been doing extra physical activity today? Or lifting? I find that my spotting returns after extra physical exertion. Any pain? cramping? Are you BF or bottle i can't recall... if bottle it might be your 1st period?

Bath - I'm BFing, I haven't done any extra physical activity, just my normal walking to and from school. Thanks for those suggestions, just wish I knew what was going on.

hugs xoxo

Candy- You should def atleast go to mothers group just to sus it out. If you think you wont like it or get along then atleast you know you went to see. One main thing i found that is really comforting is to hear other people sharing the same issues or having problems different to yours. it just makes you feel normal and your not the only one! Even if Ryan is a settled baby you might still pick up some tips.

Hi Lisa! hope Kayla is going well for you, when was her due date?

Amanda- hmm did you and DH bd recently?? could have something to do with it, and although they rekon you sholdnt get your period back while bf exclusivly some women still do. has there been any more since?
    Jess- Got your pics thanks, poor little Patrick. Have they indicated how much longer he needs to be in there for?

i just started packing for our trip away. Gosh there is a lot to take for a baby!

Welcome, Lisa! Jump on board How was your birth experience? Is the unsettledness at night or just generally? Have you had any help with it, or are you waiting it out? My niece is a month older than Oscar and is unsettled during the day but they are waiting it out.
    Thanks for the expressing suggestions - as the cup feeding started to p* Oscar off I am only really expressing when I'm a bit fuller and I freeze that for JIC purposes. I am actually avoiding any bottle feeding, especially now - it's kind of like he's starting again and if a bottle gives him an uninterrupted feed (without me pulling him off to reattach without the pinching) I would be devastated if he decided it was easier. I guess I'm not willing to take the risk of losing him at the breast, even though it wouldbe easier short term. I just know that it has to get better, I'm not martyring myself. Thanks everyone for being my cheer squad, though it does help my frame of mind, and DP is being really helpful and supportive. It's up to Oscar now - he has to learn to get that tongue down and out!!
    Amanda - I'm sure you can still call the midwives, that might put your mind at ease to talk to them and see what they say. I know how these things can play on your mind.
    Candy - give mothers group a go I haven't started mine yet but I'm actually looking forward to it. If you know me you'd think I wouldn't be up for it, either, but how can I judge a group of people I haven't met yet, who might have the same reservations as I do? I might even like them and make a friend or two! Put it this way, I don't know what it'll be like because I've never been in one before and one group's dynamics are different from another's, so even if someone I know didn't like theirs doesnt' mean I won't like mine. Take a leap of faith, Candy, and if you don't like the other mummies, backstab them here if you think they don't read the threads!
    I've got an ABA meeting tomorrow morning -I hope I have a better night's sleep so that I have the gumption to leave the house then!
    My cold sore is healing - I can nearly kiss my angel face again!!
    Bathsheba - DP will probably read this and get all smug, but I'm not finding the cloth nappy sicho so arduous now! In fact, especially since getting onto the Cloth Nappies thread, I'm starting to enjoy it and revel in our 'alternativeness'...yep, I'm becoming a Nappy Nerd. But not one of those cool NN's who use pockets and all that 'modern cloth' paraphanalia, not I'm an old skool NN using flats. It's a whole new world out there since this little Oscar came along, parenting really does open up new doors Did the therapeutic-ness of nappy folding take you by surprise, too?
    Gabysmum- you've reminded me of my list that I have temporarily misplaced! Thank you cards are on the agenda...as well as buying a new ink cartridge...
    Frozen dinner is in the oven (geez, all that extra cooking earlier this year is coming into its own this week).Risotto tonight...

Nickers - I am anticipating that Oscar's going to be taking up a lot of my own luggage allowance for when we go to NZ...and he's 6 months old...so I bought those zip off leg pants from Aldi so that I have one less item of clothing to pack, will just need jeans on top of that! From here on in, us mummies' needs are secondary...martyrdom begins here! You DO have room for a hairdryer, don't you????

Thanks for acknowledging that the pics arrived ladies! He looks so helpless in there doesn't he! The nurses said that the doctors are looking towards the middle of the week which is tomorrow, but not holding my breath.

Sorry, Jess, I did mean to say that I got your email He looks comfortable, although he'd look more comfy with you!

Time for a new thread girls!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678