Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #31

I think if anyone wants to see any drama unfolding in our thread...they'll be very disappointed. We have been able to maintain civility through much worse, I feel
    Got brigade tonight, so I think I was supposed to have cooked dinner...but not only was I very busy yesterday, I mopped the floors today and tried to tidy up a bit so that I can pull out my school books and reading packages with the serenity of mind that the house is at minimum maintenance level...not at constant overhaul level! So...no dinner has been prepared.
    I'm sort of glad the nappy bucket water spilled over, because the stuff that was lining the doorway to be put in the shed for months...is now in the shed! Well, I DID have to stack it all outside so that the only logical move from there would be onwards to the shed.
    Ok, so now I must hang up some whites. I was going to ask DP, but what I will do instead, is ask him to bring it ALL in, hee hee! There are four loads out there!
    Best be off then...

Hey Ladies!!

Well, what a busy week, im sorry i havent been on more but i have been flat out!

IK - yay for Oscars first tooth, i think Lachlan is the last one in the group to get a tooth?? Surely they must be coming soon!

Ali - How did the job application go?? hope you had some good news!I totally agree with mel that its so silly that they will go on about teacher shortages but look at you, sitting there wanting to work!! It just doesnt make sense!

Well, not much from me, ive had family coming to stay lately so i have been tied up with them, i have more coming tomorrow night and staying until monday so there goes another weekend. Some other news though, my boss called me this afternoon to see if i would be interested in coming back to work one day a week, Im thinking im going to do it, its on sundays which is a bit of a pain because DF works Monday to Saturday alot of the time and Sunday is our only day together but i think ill give it a go, if its too much then ill give it up!

Oh and ive decided to get married, notice i said IVE decided. DF really couldnt care so im organising it all and sending him an invitation. Im going to do it in March this year!! Yep you heard right, in about 6 weeks! Gosh i like to stress myself out dont i?
    My reason for doing this is because i would like to TTC #2 in the second half of the year and dont really want to be pregnant at my wedding, not that it would be such a big deal but i would just rather do it now and get it out of the way (what a great way to look at your wedding day - Getting it out of the way!) so there, thats my project. I hope i can pull it off!

Anyway girls hope you are having a good night!!

Wow Dee Congratulations! I know you can pull it off and i am sure it will be a fantastic day! So where do u think u will get married, in a garden or at your place/parents or something?

WTG Oscar on your first tooth. Watch it when feeding IK they are sharp little buggers!
    Mel- Muse was AWESOME!! had a great night, they are a very powerful band and showed that last night. dh is working still then taking himself to see tool lucky bugger. Got a babysitter for Sat night. My trusty friend btm (who's recently joined BB) is going to look after the Master. I hope he is well behaved!

The only comment i will make is that i find it dissapointing and concerning that people would yell at you Kelly.You & the mods keep us all together and I really do not think it is in people's place to do so & a tad disrespectful but anyway.

Time to get Nixon ready for bed, although he is happily talking to and playing with his Pirate ship!

congrats Dee!! i love quickie weddings, i got engaged in June, Married in November - and under $2000 including wedding, reception and honeymoon! Its good fun Enjoy "getting it out of the way" LOL!

Neeny - great to see you back. Hope dentist goes well. I went last week for my usual clean and check up and thankfully no work needed! Its only just over 3 weeks until our Noosa trip. Will remind you closer to the time and hopefully if you are planning on heading up the coast, we could catch up?

Rory - PML regarding hows the weather!! Did you get to have some Flynn time today?

IK - Oscar with teeth, he will look even cuter! Still no action on the teeth side of things with Marley, which is much later than Chelsea. She will probably start teeting when or while we are away. Hope DP enjoys bringing in the washing!!!!

Dee - CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting for you. I'm sure you'll be able to get it done. Can't wait to hear how your plans are going over the next 6 weeks. You must be exhausted with all the family around. It does get tiring at times. Re teeth, Marley still doesn't have any so I think Lachlan and her are the last ones. Working one day a week sounds good if it doesn't impact too much on your "family time'. Like you said, if it gets too much you can always give it up. Nice of them to think though.

Nic - glad you enjoyed yourself. Its so fun to have a nice night out. Great news about getting a babysitter. Have fun Sat night too!

Bath - your poor boobs!!! Hopefully this one isn't as painful as the last one.

Went looking for tiles today and found some beautiful sandstone imitations reduced from $39 m2 to $12.50 m2 (clearance stock) and they have enough. It will save us over $700 if we go with them. Just waiting on tiler to come back with a price for laying them. Enjoyed a nice quiet night watching Heroes and Prison Break. Both were fantastic. Catch you all tomorrow.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Just letting you know that Simone has been banned from BellyBelly for forwarding at least one of my emails to an ex-member (I received an email which was destined for this person but she accidentally sent it to me). Please contact her offline. Please rest assured that this was not an easy or quick decision, it's been drawn out over days for which I have been trying to get REAL proof of problems before I actioned people's complaints. I only have the members and BB interests at heart.

ETA: Please read THIS announcement
    Last edited by BellyBelly; February 1st, 2007 at 07:48 AM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Good Morning Looking forward to a day of domestic duties today... Niall is here beside me enjoying his baby Mueslie and banana... putting those new teeth to good use. The bite (same long-suffering boob!) is not as bad as last time so at least I don't have to resort to expressing or formula. However it's sore enough to feel stinging even when I'm not feeding... I can feel it now

Kel: My thoughts on the situation is that, like Nickers, I'm grateful for the huge efforts you and the mods put in keeping BellyBelly together. Even though I often can't see a problem from all angles I trust that you have the best interest of all members in mind. I don't think that you and the Mods are power hungry women who just throw their weight around for no reason. As you know a Junie splinter group has formed and I believe that members who are not happy with how BB is moderated can hang out there. I know from briefly visiting other sites that personal issues can get way out of hand and some women consistently fail to exercise tact. I don't envy your job. I will share my thoughts with Simone via email.

Mel: You will appreciate this recent event: For ages Verity has nagged me to buy yet another lip balm. She has hundreds of the blessed things all colours and flavours so I ignored her requests. A few weeks ago she developed a small patch of eczema on her face... so I applied the creams that I had on hand from when she had the last small bout of it. then she developed chaffed lips that we so bad that she got this clown-like look of redness around them... looked like Pamela Anderson with the way she applies lip liner around her lips than on them etc. I kept telling Verity to use one of the hundreds of balms that she had but she told me that because they taste nice they dont work! She kept licking them off. her friends told her to buy this particular brand which she couldn't remember the name of.... but "it comes in a red tube with black writing". So with her lips getting worse and worse I caved in... I asked the chemist for a balm fitting that description, feeling a bit stupid. the chemist said "Oh! That'll be PawPaw cream" !!! She fetched some and verity said "Yes! That's it!" I thought PawPaw cream only came in a tub... never put 2 and 2 together... anyhow I bought it for her and have also applied it to her ezcema... it worked!!! Within about 2 days it was gone. Amazing stuff hey? Also: hey amazing deal with those tiles! I jope they are the ones

back later... Niall unsettled now that he has finished his brekkie...

Hello All.

Havent been in for a while to say the least! It seems like all your babies are growing up healthy and strong which is good to hear. Alex is also going great guns, he has been crawling for the past week and a half and has 2 (very sharp!) little teeth. He is generaly a happy contented boy but can also be a hell of a whinger when he feels the need to be!

Anyway I just felt the need to interject here after reading Bath's last post and wanted to clarify something - most of us in the "splinter Junies group" loved posting here and hearing about one anothers babies and lives. It was not as you stated due to how the moderaters moderated BB that we left - it was because we were not comfortable with comments by different members.

I myself am more then happy with the way that BB is moderated and think they all do a wonderful job.

So anyway just wanted to clarify that up. Take care and look after your gorgeous bubs.

Hello Gabysmum, try using the "ignore" function which is provided for that situation.

#karen# Guest

Well Rory the weather here is very cloudy.
    Dee - Congrats and good for you re wedding. how is Lachlan sleeping now? Enjoy Lachlan not having teeth, less time to worry about looking after them. My ds1 was 1 before he got his 1st tooth.
    Nathan got his 1st tooth in the last week, so scared about him biting me and I started getting mastitis again when his tooth was coming thru, not happy.
    well I'm lost for words now. Hope everyone is well.

Well, Bath, I haven't been treated badly by this erupting tooth...yet...! Oscar does spend more time with his fingers in his mouth, and I've noticed that he uses them to rub his lower gumline...it all makes sense now!
    Marley and Lochie - your time will come! Dee and Mel, I thought Oscar would be the last, so now one of you takes the honours LOL!
    DP has gone fishing, so he had better come home with something, to take the edge off having left yesterday's dishes piled up on the sink...
    I got home late last night from brigade and to bed even later. However, I woke up and was pleasantly reminded that the house is not as messy as it was when I woke up yesterday - with suitcases in the shed, the floor mopped and the table a little tidier. Aside from the sink situation...
    I hope I'm allowed to say "Farewell to Simone and the input she had in our thread"(well, I speak for myself at least). Best wishes and hugs to those beautiful children
    Did I relate my story about the thrush suspicion? DP thought Oscar had thrush because he noticed red spots on his bum while changing him the other day. I educated him as to the highly likely effect of a gutful of sand passing through said nether regions...he appreciates the function of exfoliation a bit more now, and is using lanolin and sudocrem instead of anti-fungal cream! Kids will eat sand when on a sandy beach...
    ETA: Oooh, I feel so rude...yay, Dee, on sorting out the wedding situation!!! You'll have to get a photo page up on the web so we can see piccies of you all!
    Karen - you, too, have joined the tooth club!

Yes! Dee! I loved your "invitation" to your DF I'll be taking notes as my DH and I haven't had a marriage ceremony yet either.... we want to do it properly so are waiting for the the time when it's a financial priority. Fill us in on all the details!

Wow Dee congrats on the wedding, how exciting, I just love weddings. I have to say that you have set yourself a pretty tough task of organising it in 6 weeks but I am sure that yo will do a wonderful job, the main purpose of the day is your and your DF declaring your love for each, anything else is just icing on the cake. Make sure you get lots of pictures because we would love to see them.

Mel- You gotta love finding a bargain. My DH says something is never a bargain unless it is what you were looking for in the first place, he thinks that if you by soemthing just because it is on special you are actualley spending money and not saving it......pretty good logic (even though I dont tell him that)

It was DH birthday yesterday, we didnt do anything special, just had a quite chinese takeaway for dinner, I bought him the new Dr. Karl book, he just loves reading them and it has become a bit of tradition that I get him one every year for his Bday or Christmas. My BIL and his GF are coming down from the country for the weekend, and we are going out to dinner on Friday night with them and SIL- we do this each year in Jan instead of buying christmas pressies and to celebrate DH, BIL and My birthday which all fall in Jan. My best friend is coming over to baby sit (my friends have all been asking when we are going out so they can have a turn babysitting).
    Tori and I are off to our first playgroup session today which I am quite looking forward to, and then I am workign for a few hours this arvo. Got my job application finished and sent off last night, so now it will just be a case of waiting to see if I have the relevant skills and experience to get an interview.......keep your fingers crossed for me!
    Anyway best go, I have to go out in 20 mins and I have wet hair, and the brekky dishes need doing.

Hiya Ali Your DH is, excuse the pun, "right on the money" with that message about "bargains". He must have read Rich Dad Poor Dad... or one of those financial self help books... because i've read the same thing somewhere and it's so true. That's why I keep a constant list of priorities and only buy stuff from that list. Enjoy your first playgroup session... I find they are a bit more easy going than Mother's groups... let us know how you get along

I'm feeling dizzy with how much work i'm doing around here AT THE SAME TIME! LOL laundry, beds,kitchen, decluttering all happening at the same time.... whereever Wade needs supervision.

Bath - PML about the paw paw cream! It didn't know it came in a tube either. How good is it! So glad to hear it cleared up Veritys eczema - the Pamela Anderson look might look a bit much after a while LOL!!! Chelsea has a bad habit of licking her lips if they get dry and she looks like she has eaten a red icypole. Might put a bit of that on it tonight. Glad to hear your boob situation is not as bad as previous.

Karen - well done Nathan on his first tooth!

IK - hope DP comes home with a big fish for dinner. Would be nice on the barbie! Well done to DP for at least noticing something was wrong - even if he was a bit off the money!!!! Sand in your pants will have that effect

Got to go, Marley awake and very hungry. Will come back later to finish my personals.

In the middle of putting a piece of flooring down but just had a minute to say we found the leak and its all fixed...however there is a huge hole in the kitchen!

Hi Gabysmum! Alex must be keeping you on his toes now!
    Ali- got my fingers and toes crossed for you! How did u find the playgroup? I will be looking for one when i get back up to Sydney i think.
    Jess- glad the leaki was fixed, exept for the hole u now have
    Karen- WTG Nathan on his first tooth!

Nixon & I went to mums and bubs movie thismorning with 2 others from MG. We saw dreamgirls. however taking Nix to the movies is not as easy as it used to be! he was due for a sleep but didnt want to, was very agitated and wriggly, did get him to nap for about 30min in my arms, the movie just seemed to keep going and going and going, bit long when u have a baby.

Now I can get back and finish my personals!

Ali - your DH is very wise! I feel exactly the same way, but my DH and I sometimes differ on that one. The tiles were on a display board when we walked in and I commented on them to DH, we actually agreed straight away - very strange. Then sales guy said they are on special and told us the bargain price. Only downside is if we have any left overs, we can't return them like you normally can with regular prices tiles. No big deal really! I hope you get called back regarding the job - fingers crossed for you. Hope DH has a lovely birthday and you enjoy your weekend and dinner out Friday, sounds like a great weekend.

Jess - at least the leak is fixed. We got told by our water company that we may be eligible for a leakage allowance for our hot water service. We needed a report from our plumber and a meter reading and they average out your water usage over 12 months to determine how much was leakage. Our normal bills during the period were usually on $100 so we might get a bit back from the $422 they have charged! I hope so! Hope you get the hole in the floor fixed soon.

Nic - I wanted to see Dreamgirls too. I used to go to mums and bubs movies with Cheslea and it did get harder the older she got. Did you like the movie or was it just too long?

Just spoke to the wardrobe man to see if he could give me a discount on what he quoted this morning - he is reducing the cost by $57 which is not that much but better than nothing. I wasn't going to ask but thought why not? They are going to install them Tuesday so will need to clear out both girls wardrobes over the weekend in the stinking heat! Great. At least they will have nice wardrobes by next week. I might need to clear them out myself or DH will notice how many clothes I buy for them LOL!!!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast