Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #33

Default Babies Born June 2006 #33

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Me first - good night girls!

Just posting to keep in the loop for email notifications!
    Dad's pool was lovely and cold - days like this are the only times it's civil to use it, as he got rid of the dodgy solar heating many years ago! But it is JUST what I wanted, so while SIL boasted about heading off to her sister's pool, I kept thinking that a heated pool was not what I wanted to swim in today! Oscar, however, may have preferred heated...the look on his face was priceless!
    Nickel - roast, yum! Glad you're feeling better, too - every day is a surprise package, huh?
    Anyway, it's been a long day and DP is home now, unsmellified and Oscar needs to be put to bed...taking a leaf from your tree (book, whatever!), Rory, and gonna try to get me to bed soon
    Everyone else, catch you later...good night!

#karen# Guest

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been in for a while. I have been trying to be a good housewife and keeping the house clean and tidy, (for the 1st time in 10 years). It isn't really my cup of tea, but dh has been working really hard lately so am doing it for him. Have also just been trying to get back into the school routine of lunches and homework etc.
    Dee - I was thinking of you and the popcorn incident with Nathan. Today I saw a lot of saliva coming from Nathan's mouth, so I just put my finger in and gave a scoop and out came a monopoly house. He made his way to the other end of the house near the kid's bedrooms. I just thank God I found it. Will go out and get a playpen this week.
    Nic - hope you are feeling well, did you get m/s with Nixon? I had 3 other people tell me they were pregnant (my cousin and 2 friends) the week you made your announcement. I'm so excited for you. I have been thinking of another, but the cost of a bigger vehicle is putting me off. Plus I still have separated muscles from my dear little Nathan.
    Hope everyone is well and will do a quick scan of last thread.

Thanks Kathryn for the info that we dont need to post to get notifications
    Hi Karen- no m/s with Nixon i was lucky. geez lucky u got the monopoly pc ou of nathan's mouth. Must have been mothers intuition i rekon also.

Poor Nixon must be sick. after vomitting his dinner back up aswell he went to bed ok, but i just checked on him and he had spewed in bed already, as i was putting a towel over it he vomitted some more, still sleeping poor thing.
    His temp was 38, so not alarming but a little up
    Going to docs tomorrow. prob wont get much sleep tonight checking on him

Rory - how annoying getting ordinary fish and chips by the beach. Thought they were spose to do the best!!!! Hope the advice the ABA gave you works out and you can get a little bit more sleep. DH was going to give Marley as taste of the ice-cream until I reminded him of her allergy!!! Poor thing, didn't even realise, but he will now.

Nickel - roast chicken sounds good esp if someone else is cooking! Far too hot here to cook so went and got some cold meat and made salad! Then took Chelsea to Cold Rock for some ice-cream.

Nic - poor Nixon, he might have some sort of bug? Hope he picks up tomorrow. Handy that you are going to GP tomorrow so she can check him out. Keep us posted how he is. When you mentioned about DH forgetting his bottle, mine did a similiar thing Friday. He gave her a bottle at lunchtime, but no lunch! When I asked him, he said he just forgot. So I asked him how he would feel if I just "forgot" to give him his dinner! He got the point and I'm sure wont forget again.

IK - cold pool on a day like today is the only way to go! DH and Chelsea spent 3 hours at his mums today. I just couldn't be bothered going out in the heat. I hibernated inside reading the paper while Marley slept. Glad to hear DP is home and not smelling LOL!!!!

Amanda - good to hear from you. How scary about the monopoly house! I have been trying to explain to Chelsea about leaving her "little" things on the ground. She doesn't seem to understand what the big deal is. I have often found pieces of paper in Marleys mouth which she has got from under the couch - need to clean under there more often LOL!!!

I turned air con off when the cool change came, but the house is now really stuffy. Its beautiful outside. I suggested to DH to turn the TV around and we could sit outside and watch!!!! Does anyone watch Grays Anatomy? It was a great episode tonight. Might sit outside for a while to cool down! Sleep well everyone

Mel- we did the same thing turned aircon off when it was cooling outside but the house just heated back up again. i missed Greys anatomy, dh watched it and didnt even tell me it was on! I walked in when there about about 5mins to go.
    DH still seases to amaze me really. a few mornings ago dh got up to get Nixon's bottle ready, this is a rarity i cant even remember why he did it not me.
    But anyway i was up to, so he puts the scoops into the bottle first then proceeds to add the water still only filling it to where it should go BEFORE the formula. I said what the heck are u doing?
    He rekons he has alwasy done it that way which i dont beleive is true because 99% of the time i have the water in the bottle already just needs formula added. He said ive done it like this since he was born! I said impossible seings i was breastfeeding without having any formula for atleast 6 months!

Nixon still asleep but no more spews overnight, hopefully he is ok today

Well I had an industrious night last night I cooked a roast chicken with roast veges, as well as Cody's dinners for the week and also some stewed apples for him, I felt great for the first time in a few weeks. I just finished cleaning the toilet and hanging out the washing so my cloud must be lifting, yay.

Nic I hope Nixon is feeling better, were you going to take him to the docs or not?

Mel lol I think you meant Karen, I love Greys Anatomy, it was so sad about the little bubba and how old those girls were OMG.

Karen poor Nathan and poor you how frightening that must have been, I know that I'm trying to be a better housewife too, it's hard sometimes. I've just got Kailen into a routine to do his homework after we get home then he can play or watch TV.

Well I've got Kailen's appointment at the hospital for another check up on his grommets this Friday, then when we're finished there we're heading up to Hervey bay for the week end to see my parents so that will be nice.

Hello Bath, CC, IK, Jess, Rory, Dee and Jaspen and anyone I've missed hope you day is great today.

hugs xoxo

HI all, just flying through briefly- I also have a sick baby her Temp got up to 39.1 last night, came down with some panadol but was back up this morning. We are off to the Dr. later to get her checked out.

In regards to MIL'soffer we have decided to move into one of her investment properties (she lives in Bali now, but it was the house that DH grew up in) and rent it off of her untill we are in a postion to buy a share of it. We will probably take out a loan for about 50% of the market value and become part owners of the house, then when we are in a better financial situation down the track we will completley buy MIL out. It is such a great opportunity for us, and one that we could hardly say no to. I am really excited about moving in there because I know that at least we wont have to move again for ages. The only glitch is that we cant move in their till start of July (currently tenanted) and our lease her runs out at the start of April so we have to either try and stay on here for 3 months or find somewhere with a short lease. But that is only a small problem and I am starting to feel alot more optimistic about things now, the next thign will to be to get a job and then we will be right!

Hope everyone had agreat weekend, and that some cooler weather has come through for you Melb girls!

Good afternoon. I've tried to send out an email to all and every member who has ever been a Junie. Some emails bounced back. As there are so many members please feel free to forward my email to any Junie (without exclusion) that requests a copy. thankyou.

ETA: if any member has a comment regarding the email I sent please don't hesitate to contact me. However please remain civil. Angry posts will be broadcast to all the group as it involves everyone. I think it would be better if the issue wasn't raised in this thread again... please only email... ta

ETA: I also don't have Nickel's email addy so could somebody forward it to her?

Nic - glad to hear Nixon is better. DH's are an amazing breed aren't they???? They have their own "special" way of doing things. Makes me wonder that if I was hit by a bus tomorrow, would DH even now where things are like the girls health care books, how to prepare food for Marley, what time they go to bed. It worries me to think about it (not that I am likely to get hit by a bus!).

Amanda - LOL sorry! I did mean Karen. I wondered how long it would take me to bugger someones name/post up!!! Grays was good - you are right about the baby and the age of the girls, pretty scary! They didn't even look old enough to have their periods!!!! Roast chicken must have been popular last night, Nickel had it too! Hope Kailens app goes well, how long do the grommets have to stay in?

Ali - I don't think I congratulated your MIL offer in a previous post - sorry! I did remember it when reading your current post. I am off with the fairies sometimes and forget things!!!! It is such a great offer for you and nice to have that security to know you don't have to move anywhere. Hope it all pans out with the changeover dates. Hope Ali is not too unwell - keep us posted how she is. Weather is a bit better, cooler at least but the house is still a bit stuffy.

Bath - don't know if you have my email but I haven't got a copy of the email yet.

Had swimming this morning then lunch with a friend. On the way home I went to pay Chelsea's fees for the fortnight and one of the carers came to see me and gave me a little note that one of the boys in her group, his mum died suddenly last Wed! I can't remember the child or his mum but how very sad for him. They haven't discussed it with the kids and said we could explain it to them if we wanted. I don't know what happened or if he had any siblings, but very sad to think he has to grow up without his mum. My house looks like a war zone at the moment, all our tiles have been pulled up ready for the new ones to be laid next week. My fridge is in the hallway too! Oh well, at least when we get back, it will all look great.

Ali - hope Tori's feeling better and that's great news about MILs offer. Here's hoping the house sale goes a bit slow so you get to stay as long as you need.

Mel - I sometimes wonder the same things about my DH too but then I think oh no he'd struggle through and protect the kids and get everything done, maybe not in the way I would but it would eventually happen.

Bath - and anyone else who might be sending an email through - should let you know can't access my email account currently (stuff will still go there but I can't access) sorry. When I setup a new account I'll let you guys know.
    Last edited by jaspen; February 19th, 2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: additional stuff

I've forwarded copies of my email to everyone who has requested it. Please let me know if you haven't received it yet. Our email has been playing up recently and sometimes when I reply or forward emails the recipient receives a blank email

deleted

Hi everyone, Well didn't go swimming yesterday arvo as it was still raining at lunch time with my SIL, lol the rain cleared early afternoon, typical, lol. I got my washing done though so that was a bonus.
    Went out to uni today and that was a big flop, the free Shirts hadn't arrived, the Diaries weren't back from the printers and the orientation lecture will be on Friday instead of today. Oh well, It was a nice outing non the less and since most people obviously didn't realise there was free parking til the end of the month (pays to ring and check) I got a park in the parking garage right near the lift. I also got a nice run on the motorway this morning, jumped in the transit lane as I had two occupants with me (lol) (do they have to be adults??) and passed what seemed like hundreds of cars. I can only hope friday will be the same. Diaries wont be ready til the 26th so as I'm a paying Guild member and an external student the fella got my details and will send me out my Diary and some other stuff??
    Karen, I'm so glad you got there in time, my Nathan is so orally fixated, lol When I was at the Gold Coast BB meet up he chewed off some beads off my bracelet. I don't usually wear much jewellery , now there is even more reasons not to,lol.
    Mel that is very sad news, how terrible....and BTW Fridges in kitchens are highly over rated, lol Mines in the dining room as it's too big for the fridge space. Hasn't bothered me yet.
    Ali and Nic hope your bubba's are better soon.
    Amanda what a yummy dinner and your a good girl for getting into the house work, you too Karen
    I love Greys Anatomy but have missed the last five episodes. ohh gotta go sisters on the phone bye for now
    Dee

Okay I was just going to ignore it all but it has gotten the better of me. My head is going to explode if I don't respond.

Oh My God talk about dragging something out, I thought we had moved on from this Fiasco. I and I'm sure everyone is soooo over this. Why did it need dragging into this thread. Move on please. I haven't recieved the email and quite frankly don't care if I do. I would just like to get back to chit chatting about our babies and have this subject closed for good PLEASE can we just Move on and I hope everyone (and I do mean everyone) had a great day today
    Bye Dee
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 19th, 2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: because my head is going to explode

Heaven - Bath was doing exactly that, moving it off the thread (she was kind and considered in her posts!), give us all a break, please! That was really a really heavy handed post edit and an unnecessary 'last word'. Take a deep breath, everyone else has.
    Well, Happy 8 months to Marley, Nathan and Oscar!
    Today, also, marked a pretty cool little milestone - Oscar decided to play with the concept of standing all by his lonesome...and he did! He's been sitting on his knees (an upright kneel) and today he lifted himself up next to me (I was lying on the floor with my knees up and he had my knees close to him) from that kneeling position into a stand. It lasted about a second and a half, but that seemed like ages, and must seem like forever to a baby! He was so damn pleased with himself and had a huge grin on his face, as if he realised what this meant. It's scary in its implications for me, but still, it's my little brag for the day
    Ali - I'm glad you're in a better place in your head now! What a huge relief.
    Mel - doesn't it just make you want to hug your babies forever? Poor little boy
    Amanda - good luck at the hospital with Kailen!
    Gotta go read, DP will tell me off if I don't...and Oscar is finally asleep after his 'great feats' of this afternoon!

Just thought i would quickly drop in to update on Nixon (seings thats what this thread is for)
    Took him to the doctor this afternoon and she said he prob has a viral/gastro bug, not much can be done.
    just to keep offering lots of fluids but dont worry about solids.
    All he had today was about 150ml bottle thismorning and another 100ml over a period of 3hrs this afternoon, plus little bits of water.
    As i picked him up to take him to bed he vomitted everywhere again, so the poor boy really doesnt have much in his tummy. gave him panadol and held his hand to sleep.
    Before tonight he was still reasonably happy in himself, just hope tomorrow is a better day for him and he sleeps the night through without throwing up.

IK, that is great that Oscar is starting to stand up - great for HIM that is!! My little lump is still rolling and has only the last few days started rocking back and forth on his knees, but even then not very often.

Dee that is such a bummer about uni - I know how you would have been looking forward to it - I know I was when I first enrolled. I still remember writing my name in my diary like a school kid and going through the orientation show bag on the lawn. Pity you are going to uni in the days of "voluntary student unionism", because I imagine Orientation Week aint what it used to be (not that I imagine a mum with 5 kiddies at home wants to go on a pub crawl with 200 17-18 year olds though LOL!!!)

Mel - I sympathise on house looking like a war zone! Mine is only just getting back to normal after our renos.

Ali that is such great news on the house!!

Nickers - poor little Nix! Last thing you need with morning sickness is spew to clean up!!

Amanda - I have tried to be industrious today - I cleaned the house and with the oven on in one hit tonight baked a cake, roasted a chook, made zucchini slice and roasted a fillet of pork (gotta love convection ovens - now we will see if they really do stop cross-flavouring of food!)

Karen, I so get the "It isn't really my cup of tea" LOL! Oh for a live in cook/masseuse/cleaner/nanny/personal trainer!!

Flynn was mariginally better last night - he woke at 12.30am and then 5am for feeds, then at 6.30am for good. OK, I "cheated" (LOL!) - he had formula at 8.30pm but I don't think it was that which kept him alseep. I think he is hungry and annoyed in the evenings that my let down isn't quick (it takes at least a minute of constant suckling to get my milk flowing). This has led to a circle where I have milk at 6.30 when he wants a nibble after dinner but not at 7.30-8pm when he wants a goodnight feed. As it was, he had 200mls of formula tonight after fighting the boob for 30 mins. Part of me is sad that he is off the boob but another part is happy that I can give him formula and know his tummy is full and satisfied, and that he is still getting 2 or 3 good BFs over night. I know of a few mums in my mothers group who are still BF first thing in the morning and during the day with a formula feed at night. Funny, when BF was going so well in the early days I was convinced I could get to 12 months without formula, and it is still wierd for me giving him a bottle and seeing him happily scull it, but I am slowly coming to accept the situtaion.

Better get this stuff out of the oven and get ready for work tomorrow. It's gonna be a pretty big day - I have a 2 hour training session in the middle of the day but still have to get my normal workload done!

Speak to you all tomorrow.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast