Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #35

IK- I solemly swear NEVER to EVER go to Chadstone again!!!!!!!!!It scared me it was sooo big( well big for a country girl anyway!)
    Icouldn't spend that much but my aunt picked up a wonderful computer off ebay that I had to pick up. Next month I might be tempted to go down again, but this time it will be shopping time!
    Pat is crawling everywhere. Its funny though, he can stand up really well if he is on the bed,but has no idea how if he is on the floor!
    Just come home from picking the kids up from mums and I am totally stuffed!
    Over the past week I have driven over 1000 kms. Euroa-Rutherglen-Corowa-Rutherglen-Euroa-Shepparton-Euroa-Strathbogie-Euroa-Bentleigh east-Euroa-Rutherglen and finally back to Euroa.I am soo happy that school hols finish today and school starts on Monday!

Julie - I would have eaten the chocolate too lol!!!! I love chocolate and can't resist if there is any in the house! Glad to hear Will did well with the yoghurt, its a good sign. PS. Just call me Mel, much easier.

LucaJacksMum - great to have you on board. Marley is an active nearly 10mth old, crawls, stands up any chance she gets. He has 2 teeth coming through. Fill us in a bit about your bubs?

IK - well done on the shopping purchases! I love a good bargain. Bummer about Indian being cancelled but glad to hear the assignments are going well. Makes me laugh how they make the same assignments as previous years. Some of my students have requested the same thing and most lecturers allow it. Catch up was fun, Nic makes beautiful coffee from her groovy coffee machine. Hope Oscar doesn't have a cold, it has taken Marley a week to get rid of hers, Finally NO MORE SNOT! Definately no chance of pregnancy for me yet, got to go back to work for a while first lol!!!

Amanda - sounds like a fun day park, kids love feeding ducks. When are you going camping?

Jess - bummer about missing you yesterday, would have been great to meet up. Chaddy is scarey, even for city folk like me! I always get lost but I still love going, so many great shops. Boy have you done some driving! Monday couldn't come soon enough for you, I bet!!!

Ali - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! What exciting times ahead. Must be something in the air, with 3 pregnant Junie mums. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Nic - thanks for a lovely morning yesterday, the coffee was beautiful. Glad to hear the snot and milk bubbles didn't put you off lol!!! Marley was so tired, she slept in the car and it only took me 30mins to get home and such a pretty drive too. We got home she had lunch then slept for over 3 hours so I had a nice peaceful afternoon. Did you eat the rest of your easter eggss??? Wish all of us Junies lived close by, think of how many babysitters we would have! Glad you found someone though.

Pretty quiet day here today but something quite funny happened. Last year we borrowed some money off IL's. We paid her back the money but she thought I still owed her $300. I got online and checked and I had paid her. Rang her back to tell her and she said she would go back and check her statements. About 15 mins later she rang back to apologise and that we had in fact paid it all back. I said no big deal, glad its all sorted. Well she called in tonight with presents!!!! She felt so silly (she is very meticulous about money) that she just had to buy me something. So I scored a lovely Esprit Tshirt, DH got some chocolates, Chelsea got some pj's and Marley got a jumpsuit, pjs and a really cool outfit (dress with leggings). I told her she didn't need to do that, but she insisted she felt so embarrased that she had to do something. She is a lovely person and I was very thankful. I also thought to "strike while the iron was hot" and asked her to babysit next Friday night, which she said she was more than happy to do.

Have a great night everyone

Great score, Mel! Poor MIL! Oh, well, just goes to show you, it's poor form to chase up money
    You're right, too - we know one another so well from our online banter (and real life catch-ups), that if we lived closer, babysitting would be so stress-free!
    I just got off the phone before to a cousin...my dad's cousin...who is here from Ireland! He's not here for long and had been working in Cobram for a few months (eek! No wonder he's homesick!!) and was trying my parents' home phone (but they just had their phone service switched to my mum's place!), so he called me. I remembered him from when he was 14 and I was last in Ireland (ten years ago, nearly) and I was so happy to hear from him and that he called. His sister was in Australia for a couple of years a few years back and never called. He said his mum would kill him if he didn't make contact! His dad (my uncle) passed away a few years ago now, and his mum is pretty young still, so I was fully intending to visit next Jan. Now I'll have a fresher face to a name. Anyway, he just calls and says his name...and I knew straight away who he was and that he must be in Melbourne! I love surprises
    Oscar has had some dimetapp (hate giving meds, but he'll sleep better without congestion and runny snot, as well as the drowsy effect of the meds), and he's asleep, so I'll put him in the portacot, fold some washing, and sit down to a video. It's too late to be trying to write this assignment, so I'll kick back and go to bed straight after. DP is out at the burn off nearby (Melb girls might have seen the smoke in the hills lately with the DSE burns, we've been asked to go in of an evening to black out...yep, nice, get the UNPAID people to do the dirty work after the PAID people walk around lighting them, having all the fun!). He'll be home at around midnight, maybe. At least he's mainly driving and operating pumps. Right, kid down, laundry away, video to be watched...
    ETA: Jess, definitely schedule the day for shopping at Chaddy...and don't be too shy to ask for a centre map!

my party went well tonight. Nixon had a ball at the neighbours house. they have a 5 and a 3 yr old which kept him very entertained. Stayed up past his bed time but i brought him straight to bed when i got home (just b4 10pm) and he was asleep within minutes!
    They are looking after him again tomorrow while i do another party and apparently the kids cant wait to entertain him again!

LucaJacksMum nice to meet you and welcome to the group!
    jess- gosh u must have spent some on petrol, thats a lot of driving! i saw that the price of oil just sky rocketed so no doubt if it hasnt already petrol will shoot up again.

well this time last year was unknowingly my last day at work. Tomorrow was the day i went into hospital. I know im thinking about this all too much but its kinda hard not too! (esp when im by myself dh in sydney) I went through some archived "Belly buddies" and come across some posts not long b4 i went to hosp. i laughed at what i wrote, telling everyone i was going to be a hermit crab and stay indoors because i cant leave the house wetting myself!
    But i couldnt fnd the very next thread which would have been the one that lead to u all telling me to get to hosp, anyway to think back now i think "what an idiot how naieve" but at the time all i thought was "what an idiot im peeing myself!"

1 hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Oh, Nic, I remember that so well! You were so down on yourself for not being able to 'control yourself' and also cursing that you felt you had been religious about PF exercises but for what, if you were only going to be incontinent anyway? You weren't the only one naive, though, chicken - it was only when someone else suggested you might be leaking that it occurred to me that it might explain a hell of a lot...I would have been just like you! How naive all us first timers were! Mate, we were all gearing up for a certain type of birth this time last year (I'd done one of my two hypnobirthing classes by now) and for some reason, Nixon wanted out. We were all so worried about you, when we got your message. Your birth was so unexpected that I am not surprised you are replaying it all now. You came through it, and just as importantly, so did Nixon. We were there with ya, kiddo, reading about your trips to the hospital, the endless expressing, the confusion at being at home after giving birth but having no baby at home, the frustration, and then...the photo of Nixon coming home. Please go easy on yourself, that time gave you PND and you came out of that period marvellously. By all means, revisit the events, but please don't dwell on the negative feelings you had (you're probably not, but just in case!) - you found out what you were capable of, so take the positives and run with those One more thing: thanks for sticking with us preggies while we kept posting about our pregnancies. It was acknowledged at the time, but given the nature of being pregnant, it wouldn't have sunk in just how hard it would have been for you to keep reading about the pregnancy symptoms you should have still been having. Number 2 will give you that - do you think this pregnancy will help you heal from the early birth last year? I guess we've just assumed that since Nixon has been storming through his growth patterns that you were 'all better'. It's easy to forget that your start to mummyhood was unexpected and abrupt, so all these questions seems to be coming a little bit late in the piece, sorry about that!
    I just watched Sylvia - how depressing. Great film, just depressing! I also partook of a glass of Kahlua and milk...I always forget to drink my favourite drink, but not tonight!
    DP's back and I'm going to put a snotty Oscar to bed with me now.

well ladies just thought I should apologise for not being around. I no longer have a computer on a daily basis or even a weekly one sometimes. When I get on I do come in to catch up on everyones going ons but don't get a chance to write due to all the things I need to get done on the computer in a short space of time.

Hi to everyone!!

IK - my GF's paed told her to get some Poliamine (not sure if correct spelling!) from chemist. Its a antihistamine but is excellent for clearing up congestion in babies. She used it while she was pregnant and used on her 7mth old last week and she said it was amazing. It lasts for 6 hours which is longer than panadol and does help them sleep. I am going to get myself some! God I love Kahlua!!!! Might have to have a Baileys instead as I have no Kahlua. BTW - beautifully put in your response to Nic, very nicely said.

Nic - IK said it all. Go easy on yourself. I wasn't around when all this took place so I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for you and DH. This milestone also celebrates Nixon's first birthday, how happy you must be. He is a beautiful little boy, with a killer smile (even with calamine lotion all over his head lol!!!!). Maybe try to put it into writing, how you are feeling, might help you to get it all out there. It would be interesting to look back on many years from now. Glad the parties went well and Nixon had fun with his buddies.

Jaspen - bugger about no computer! I didn't have mine working for a couple of weeks and it was hell! Hope you manage to get back with us soon!

I am babysitting my GF's 2 kids tonight. Her DD is 4 and her DS is 5 mths old and he is soooo cute. He has been so good, but the older 2 are still gas bagging in bed as I type! I have already done the mean mummy thing and told them off and threatened to separate them if they don't go to sleep! Lets see what happens.

Off to yum cha with some friends tomorrow so looking forward to a few "child free" hours.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone!

IK- well you did really say it all. i am not sure i know what to say really. Your post made me cry, but in a good way. It has made me realise maybe i have not given myself the opportunity to get over what happened. I mean i look at Nixon and see the most happist, healthiest boy that i am so proud of. i should be passed it and have moved on, i have had plenty of sessions with other mums who went through a whole heap more then i did and still do, i dont know how i would deal with worse, Nixons was very lucky and has no ill effects from arriving early. I think it is more about me, and my experience or should i say expectations of how i thought it would all go.
    i dont know that this pregnancy is helping me get passed my feelings because there is now that fear of will it happen again. I think if this bub is FT and healthy regardless of how he/she arrives it will heal my wounds.
    dh rang me tonight and asked what was wrong with my voice, he said i sounded sleepy but i had been crying alot thinking about eveything. (it didnt help i was watching babies being born on discovery hom & health either!)
    My hormones are going stupid now because of this pregnancy so i dont know how much of it is me needing to deal with it and how much is just silly pregnancy emtions coming out.
    Mel- your idea about writing how i am feeling down sounds like a good one. i will probably laugh at it in years to come thinking what was i even upset about, but it might help overcome my feelings.
    i just wish Trent was here with me now, ive been sitting in Nixon's room watching over him for the last hour, he is so peaceful, how lucky he is to not have a clue about any of this. Thanks guys, you all probably know a lot more of how i feel/felt/went through then my close friends

Jaspen- its good to c u around, how is young Samuel going?

Nic - You know I don't do fakeness very well, so please know that I write from genuine concern and care factor, and always have. I love the idea of writing down what you're feeling now, too! It's a great idea - for you, for Nixon. I can just see you watching over him - what a lovely visual I have. You don't have to recover like anyone else in the same or a worse situation - they're not you, and vice versa. You've got your own things to deal with and it can't help to see other people and see that they've coped better. Cos the thing is, you just don't know that for sure - they probably think the same about you!
    It does sound unresolved. Maybe you could get an appointment with a health psychologist attached to the hospital you were at and they could get you a referral to someone in Sydney. It could be the hormones making you feel more emotional, but the emotions that get brought up come from somewhere, the hormones don't create them, they just exacerbate what's already there. I would expect that what you're feeling is a very natural response during a second pregnancy after what happened. I think you're doing really well to have come this far before having these conflicted emotions! Brownie points to DH for noticing you sounded different, too He's a boy, he might wonder why you don't see Nixon as he is now and just 'get over it'. It's hard for men, cos they will never know about the connection between a mummy and child and the hopes and fears she starts having well before the baby is born. Not only that, you didn't have family close by, and your friends were mainly childless (I don't think I'll ever forget your post about your friends who came over for a dinner and they didn't even ask about Nixon, or show interest when you brought him out - that hurt MY feelings!).
    The other thing is, lots of people think that it doesn't matter how the baby comes out, as long as the baby comes out safe. But you and I know that birth is more than just how you get the baby out. It's not until the unexpected happens that you realise it, though, in most cases. It's like breastfeeding. People assume it's just a way to feed your child, but we know that it's a lot more than that, but when it gets taken away from some women through forces out of their control, they feel such a loss that it can't be 'just' a way to feed your child, and there's grief when it doesn't work out. When you have to go to Plan B (birth or BFing), you need to go over what happened with Plan A constructively, or it might haunt you later. Plan B worked out well for you, but I think it's a great idea to write about Plan A and how you felt when it slipped through your fingers (it's not even that important to write about why it might have happened, you could be there forever!). It won't be easy (and you'll cry!), but Mel hit on a really good one there. Thinking about ya, anyway :hugs:
    Well, today we did Part B of BIL's wedding - the family get together at MIL's, to compensate for all the rellos who weren't invited to the small wedding last week. It was really good and there were rellos who hadn't seen Oscar yet (they saw him when he was a bump!), as a lot of them live in the country (not as far as you, Jess, but the furthest were from Kilmore and Sunbury. I left in the evening to visit my GF, who had been planning a birth centre birth, but an amniotic leak saw her be induced yesterday and be cut. Both are well, she is as well as she can be given the circumstances. She'll be a cute mummy - you'd never have picked her to have a baby, but like me, finding her partner (well, fiance in her case) convinced her it had to be done! I got a nice long hold and left when the little one had attached and was feeding properly for the first time. I actually got a bit misty eyed and said I had to leave before I got all mushy! Back to MIL's to hang out and watch The Bill and now I'm ready for bed with a snotty boy.
    Mel - Thanks for the tip about Polaramine - I've found it good for me in the past. I'll run it by the doc on Monday (will make an appointment, cos I think I'll need the med cert to apply for an extension for my assignment - I can't be expected to churn out decent work after being up at night with a congested, runny nosed baby, for a few nights in a row!). Meanwhile, I have Dimetapp. Not sure it's working, though - but that could be because a goodly bit dribbles out the side of his mouth! It's not 'pleasant tasting', as it says on the box...hell, it doesn't even smell nice.
    Hiya Jaspen - long time no read!
    Mel - before I forget, did you see the Kahlua and Tia Maria coffee at Aldi? $9.99 a bag...yummo! You'll need a coffee grinder, though. I LOVE my Kahlua - I get my stash from Duty Free...I have about 3 bottles here...if you can fix me up with a HD by sneaking into my records, I'll give you one...LOL! JUST KIDDING...I would hate for that to be used against me in a court of law or something!
    Night all

Cody started crawling properly yesterday so now I'm going to be so vigilent with keeping an eye on where he is and making sure that the boys don't leave small toys on the ground, cause he is so quick it's not funny.

I've also got a problem, Cody has been super clingy for the last week or so and now I'm having trouble getting him to go down at night. I usually give him a feed then I put him in bed and he'll go to sleep by himself, but the last few nights he just screams. I know he is teething and he had an ear infection two weeks ago, I just am at a lost as what's wrong.

I'll be back later.

hugs xoxo

Hi Ladies,

I have just had a quick scroll through the posts!!

Nic - I cant believe that it has been a year. Please dont think of it as a bad time, look at the beautiful boy that you have. I know that you cant help but think of the 'what if's' but it all worked out for the best and this one will all work out too!!

IK - Glad you are feeling better. Lachlan has had a really runny nose lately too. I have found infant demazin really good!

Bath - I hope you are having a great time!!! YOu deserve it!

Ali - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Im actually a bit jelous of all you pregnant women!!

Hi LucaJacksMum and welcome!!

Amanda - I hope you get Cody sorted. Like you say, if he has had an ear infection and is teething he might just not feel 100%. Remember when you were little and if you didnt feel well you just wanted mummy or daddy.

Jaspen - hope you get a computer soon. We miss you!

Well, not much from me. Lachlan has been sleeping heaps better (not all the way through the night though!!)
    He has had a cold though so i guess the demazin might be helping. He is eating really well. Trying really hard to walk. He now stands on his own for a few seconds and then falls down!

Well the wedding is less than a week away. Can you believe how quickly its come around. Its next saturday. I seem to be organised so im not stressing at all im actually looking forward to it. not nervous either!
    Ill be sure to put some piccies on my website for you all!

Hope you are all having a great day!!

Dee I was thinking about you this morning and your wedding - woohoo!!

IK, you do have a way with words . Nic, ditto what IK said, but not as eloquently from me

Amanda - you're telling me that child number 4 can still give you headaches!! AY! Here's me thinking with number 2 I will be an old had at this kid raising thing (yeah right LOL). Hope you get your little one sorted. Have you tried SM33 gel for teething - I find it much better than bonjela.

Hiya Jaspen and Jess - glad you guys could pop in (wave!)

better go - had a big day out to Sky High Mount Dandenong (which to me sounds vaguely rude, but DH said I must be thinking of "mile high" LOL) lovely picnic despite the european wasps and then a visit to a mate in Knoxfield (out your way Mel!)

Gotta work tomorrow but I have got my mojo back big time - strangely the thought of being able to say to people "see you tomorrow" (I will be working mon, tues and thurs in the office and one day at home)) makes me feel so much more like I am really working than the two days in the office lark. I am actually looking forward to when DH finishes his masters and I can work mon, tues, thurs and fri in office and wednesdays from home - maybe I am just keen to get back to full time before this bub arrives and I have another babymoon....

see y'all soon

Nic - how are you feeling today? I hope the new day bought some smiles to you.

IK - I'll be going and checking out the Kahlua coffee at Aldi, sounds delicious!
    How is Oscar today?

Amanda - its great news that Cody is crawling well now. I know what you mean about checking the floor for "little objects'. Chelsea has no idea and really doesn't care what things are left on the ground! It must be more difficult for you with more kids around and more toys. Marley started doing the screaming things before we went away and did it the first few nights of the holiday. My GF suggested I put her to sleep with a soft toy, Chelsea had taken 2 with her so I borrowed one and BINGO, it worked a treat. Rather than scream when I left the room, she was playing with the teddy and feel asleep with it under her arm (very cute). I went and got her own "flat bear" which she absolutely loves. Just a suggestion, but you may have already tried this.

Dee - glad to hear Lachlan is still sleeping better. I can't believe the wedding is less than a week away! You must be very excited and can't wait to see the photos. Have fun this week.

Rory - the wasps up in the Dandenongs are in plague proportion! MIL was going to head up there last week with her dogs and when she rang to book a restaurant, she was told it was really bad! What is the Sky High like (had to lol about the Mile High bit!!!!), my old boss was going to purchase it about 6 years ago but pulled out at the last minute. I haven't been up there to see what they have done with it. Next time you are out this way, call past for a coffee, I'm only about 5 mins from Knoxfield. Glad you got your mojo back, welldone!

Had yumcha with friends today and it was delicious! Then went to Myer to layby the girls some winter clothes (while the 25% off sale was still on). DH took the girls to the park and they had a lovely afternoon together. I am glad they get to spend some one on one with him (and I get a bit of a breather too lol!!!!).

Coffee time, so catch you tomorrow.

Good morning Junies D'oh! caught up with reading the past 4 days posts then Niall wakes up. Anyhow, had a fantastic holiday... back safe... look forward to getting back on here soon...

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello all,

sorry I have been MIA, but as I mentioned there are just not enough hours in the day at teh moment, but I still do like to pop in and check up on you all.

Nickers - glad to see your past 12 weeks, that is fantastic, and yes, I also remember your 'wet' incident - poor thing!

Ali - YEAH - congrats honey, that is FANTASTIC news... and Rory, yeah, you too! I'm so thrilled, I know you have wanted it for a while, congrats to you as well.

Dee - wow, one week till your a married woman! I will be thinking of you next Saturday, I really hope all goes super well for you. My only advise is to not sweat the small stuff, try not to be too in control, what will happen will happen and that will be your wedding day - whatever happens will be wonderful and memorable to you, and that is all that matters...enjoy

big hugs and hello to IK, Baths,Mel, Amanda, Japsen and Bellsmum, and everyone else my poor brain has forgotten, glad to see mostly all is well (dispite colds)..

all is well here, Ally still has no teeth and is still a belly crawler (which means a LOT of washing of white tops), but she and I are having so much fun, she points to everything and really wants to communicate with me. I am teaching her to sign, will keep you updated!
    lol
    CC

Hiya CeeCee! Wow so many old (and much missed) Junies popping back in again! And Welcome LJM to our group, looking forward to getting to know you and your bub. Niall is another active one: walking whilst holding onto furniture... and has 8 very sharp teeth with which he often bites me as I am still BFing. He drew blood again yesterday actually but it was only a little nip thankfully. Oh and *big hugs* Ali!!!! WooHoo! Such a fertile group of women we are, well done! Looking forward to hearing about your new journey too! You must be feeling sooo tired... any other symptoms?

Just got home from shops... had better unpack now... will be on and off until DH gets home... more later...

Oh, and I'm on my laptop now... no email function ATM

Hi all,
    Dee - so close now! Thinking of you and hoping all goes well for Saturday, but more importantly, the future for you and DF
    CC - great to read from you! Ally sounds like she's a blast, too!
    Bath - don't go undoing your weekend of wellbeing by rushing around trying to be up to date with this thread!
    Oscar is still feeling pretty crappy with this cold and cough thingy, but he's doing ok, considering. I think he's crossed that arbitrary line between taking steps and walking. I'm gonna just call it walking now. And Odin is very, very wary of this new ability!
    The deck is coming along well, but I wonder if DP's forgotten about the fire grate he was making?? It's gonna get cold and we can't put our fire on without it, or we'll lose Oscar in it!
    He likes avocado, too, I discovered last night. Funny little thing. I'm holding off on a haircut, though he could easily go for one. I know I should get him used to the hairdresser sooner rather than later, but his hair is so cute and partly curly, that I don't want to ruin the look!
    Better get ready for MIL's 70th birthday dinner...

Bath - glad to hear you enjoyed your break. Did you manage to go out for dinner with DH and what was the hotel like?

CC - great to hear from you. Ally sounds like she is doing well and I know what you mean by the dirty white tops!!! Marley has graduated from dirty tops to dirty knees on her pants. I am forever soaking stuff. My GF's DS only cut his first tooth just before his first birthday. Its amazing the time span of first teeth. How awesome about signing, can't wait to hear more.

IK - Oscar may be the first to walk! How exciting. Deck sounds like it is going great guns and with all this good weather it will be finished in no time.

Back to swimming today for Chelsea and Marley starts on Wed. Chelsea had her first "playdate" with a friend from kinder today. They had a ball at her friends house and her mum was lovely. We chatted for 2 1/2 hours! I am so glad she has found a really nice little friend with a nice family too! Off to a funeral tomorrow. DH's nana passed away over the weekend. She died peacefully in her sleep aged 96! Thats the way I want to go. I didn't really know her very well and DH hasn't seen her in years. Girls are going to my GF's as I don't think they would sit still for the service.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast