Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #36

Hiya Mel yeah my boys were a bit the same this morning too and I was pulling my hair out... but then my calendar arrived and I started leaping around the house in joy! LOL they looked at me strangely, distracted from their fighting The Hawaiian party idea sounds beautiful... but what can we do in winter do you think? Hmmm... oh and any ideas about cutting a slice neatly that is topped with chocolate melts that have set into a smooth but firm top? Mine ALWAYS cracks no matter how hard I try I've tried using a warm knife too... I wanna have nice clean edges like the cafe bought ones!

Bath - I might try jumping for joy and see what happens lol!!! What about a snow party or winter wonderland! They could all get dressed up in snow gear and make snow men out of sand (do you have a sand pit?). Have you tried cutting when choc still soft, then remove the edges, then cut? Are you using a non serated knife? I sometimes use my big chinese style chopper and try to cut it in the pan taking the edges off first. I love having neat edges too

Not long now Jess you would be on a count down, do you have anything planned?

Bath have you tried a hot knife instead of a warm knife. It sounds delicious, finally the calander has arrived, I remember reading how disheartened you were when you hadn't recieved it.

Mel I did the swimming pool cake for Kailen's 2nd birthday, and he absolutly loved it. He loved trying to grab the jelly it was very cute. Hopefully the girls will be in a better mood when they wake up. It must be something in the air as Lockie and Wyatt have been bickering today too.

Well I've been tidying up today as we're going camping again over the long weekend, Cody is starting to get better now so at least that's one thing. I've been having some stomach cramps for the last few days and have no idea what is causing it. I had a friend drop around this afternoon and she brought over some delicious baked cheesecake, it was really really good. Ok got to go and prepare the quiche for dinner tonight, have no idea what I'm going to have with it tho.

hugs xoxo

Amanda I think you and I have done some similiar cakes! Will have to break out the Womens Weekly Kids Birthday cake book for some inspiration. Marley has just woken and DH is playing with her, she seems to be chirpy! Chelsea is still sleeping so she must have been tired, but I will wake her soon otherwise she won't want to go to bed at her regular time. Another camping trip will be fun, hope the weather is good. What is the public holiday for up there? Wonder if AF is coming back, you mentioned that in your previous posts that you haven't had it back. Quiche sounds good, what about salad or chips and salad? We are having homemade hamburgers with everything - beetroot, egg etc!

Amanda - can I go camping with you?? We haven't been since January! Have a great weekend (wish we could have a long one in Vic, but we're waiting till June, then November!)
    Cakes sound wonderful...I might have to outsource for Oscar's first one. Don't even know what we'll do, but it's looking like a fire station job again. It's actually good because we only have to clean up afterwards and the toddlers and older kids can take a tour of the fire trucks downstairs if they get sick on playing with the pool table. Uh oh, I don't think upstairs will have been cleared of the Art Show weekend the week before...might have to have a contingency plan!!
    Ok, I've taken some pics of the dog and Oscar and the backyard, but I've yet to upload them...watch this space...
    My GF came over for lunch and that was good. I spent the morning tidying up, and whilst the place is still cluttered (hallway, half the study, some of the bedroom), it is presentable for visitors. The dining table is just that now and I am back in the study. The other half of this room has books strewn everywhere (but that's Oscar's fault, we did have them in neat piles!) and stuff we need to get rid of, but I can at least study in here...as soon as Oscar is out of my hair!
    Bath, so glad you got your calendar!! I finally got through to the ebay seller about my webcam and they sent me through a refund form, which I will use if I a)can't find a driver for it online or b)it proves not to work on a PC. Because the item description clearly states that it works with my Mac. I am entitled to a refund if it doesn't work with a Mac (as per description) or if it's faulty (which I will confirm if a PC can't get it working). I thought they were avoiding me, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and called them up (in Jersey! But I used Skype and it didn't cost much). They leave nasty feedback if you leave negative feedback and people do because it's hard to get hold of their phone number and they don't return emails very promptly at all. I didn't want nasty feedback, so I'm holding off till the issue can be resolved and then I can leave positive feedback, even if I get a refund. I'm paranoid about negative feedback!!
    OK, gonna do these photos and video clips, then palm Oscar off to DP so I can get some study done...

It's the labour day long weekend, we're leaving very soon so I'll talk to you later.

hugs xoxo

Ok, photos and video are up. If you don't have the password, email me and I'll send it
    Bye Amanda!

Have fun Amanda

Girls it is so nice to come in here and read about all your goings-on - apologies if I am lax on personals but I am real tired ATM and am putting more energy into reading posts and doing my pg journal (big rant about my [email protected] GP to come)

Flynn is definately starting to walk around furniture now and babbling away happily. We put a funny video of DH scaring the hell out of Flynn on his site - lemme know if you need the password.

better go - tired

IK - what a cool place to have a party! He is going to brag about that the older he gets. You must feel better with less clutter. I was watching Oprah today and she had this guy on who organises peoples homes who have too much clutter and the family on were out of control! They had so much crap everywhere, you couldn't move. They had 4 kids and the house was a mess! They had heaps of decluttering ideas which I might start to use. It does make you feel so much better to have a clean area you can use properly, like your study. Hope it helps you to get more study done. I am like you and paranoid about negative feedback. So far I have really positive feedback and hope it stays that way. I hope you manage to get it sorted out. I've emailed you for the password, thought I had it in an old email but can't find it. Can't wait to see the new pics.

Bath - Better Homes and Gardens had a segment on making choc/caramel slice - how bizarre! The secret to neat edges he said is a hot, not warm, non serated knife, like Amanda said. It melts through the chocolate and stops it cracking! There version was so simple too, going to make it tomorrow.

Amanda - enjoy your camping trip!

Rory - you don't have to explain, totally understand! Can't wait to read about the horrid GP! How exciting that Flynn is walking around the furniture, it is such a wonderful thing to see, esp when they take their first steps. I can't remember your password either, looking forward to the video!

IK I love the video of Oscar on the lawn - super cute

Walk, plonk, walk, plonk, walk, get caught in the 'fence' going up the steps! DP levelled that lawn area by hand a couple of years ago and him and his brother made and paved the patio and steps. It's a work in progress, but now with the deck, it's starting to take shape and the potential is more easily visualised! Oscar loves to climb the steps, so the best walking footage is taken by plonking him at the end of the lawn and filming him heading towards the steps. Funny kid.
    Rory - hope you manage to recharge overnight
    Mel - I'm hoping the fire station stuff just becomes second nature to him and that it is just a fact of life for him to be there a lot and to have us involved. The captain's daughter used to go round saying that her dad was the boss of the fire brigade and that he owned it! He might go through a similar stage (not that we're the boss of it, but as if there is some prestige attached to the association), but I hope not! I'd rather he brag about having a horse and two dogs and how good he is with them! My dad worked on ships when I was growing up and being on them was a novelty (even though we only ever went on when they were in port!), but it was my own novelty and whenever it came out (and not often), the boys in class would be so impressed. I really did take it for granted - but how many parents had a seafaring office?? I could really have used that to gain more cred, but I was seen as such an uncool odd-one-out I don't think it would have made much of a difference LOL!
    Ay, this can't be good. I'm supposed to try to get stuck into study, but I've just written an essay and I'm drinking what started out as blackcurrent and soda water, but thanks to DP, it is now blackcurrent, RUM and soda...HOO, it's started...wonder if this will help Oscar sleep? I only wanted a nip, but DP dosed it up a bit harder than that, judging from the taste...

Rory - that video is absolutely hilarious!!!! I even had to show my DH, we were both cracking up! Nice one to bring out at his 21st!

IK - your video was so cute! He is getting very clever and I do love the plonk, walk sequence!!!. It was funny watching when he crawls away, the pants he is wearing start to pixelate like they do on TV to cover up nudity etc! Coco looks so cute too. My GF has westies and they are beautiful dogs. She has 2 kids and they are so good with them. Odin doesn't seem to fussed by the new addition either. My dad owned a petrol station when I was a kid, so nothing to brag about there. You could have really milked that one. Don't drink too much, your essay might turn out quite interesting!!!

Hi All,
    just poking my head in- you probably cant see but my eyes are falling out of my head with tiredness! Tori is being a bit difficult in regards to sleep at the moment, either she is really hard to get off, or she is waking in the night for 2-4 hours (OMG surely she must be close to sleeping through). I cant get too cross because she has just cut 3 teeth in a row! and has a bit of a phlemy cough which if it hasnt improved by Monday I will takeher to the Dr. for.
    I had my first hit of m/s tonight and threw up my dinner, as I was doing it all Icould think about was when I was preg with Tori and how EVERY night for about 6 weeks I would throw up my dinner and then again at about 2 am. Oh well at least I know I am pg. was starting to worry over the lack of symptoms.

I see that people are starting to think about our beautiful babies 1st birthdays! Tori is actualley having 3 parties over three weeks (lucky girl). We are having a party in the country at FIL's place, for that one we are doing a big Roast dinner the weekend before her actual birthday. Then we will have a party at my mum and dads place with my family and our friends (we are also moving the week after Tori's birthday) and then Tanya and I have been talking about having a joint little morning Tea for Tori and Lucas the week between their birthdays.
    DH is really keen to help me make the cake so we are going to start looking for ideas of what we want to do, I also have the WW birthday cake book so I might go to that for inspiration.

Nic- I wanted to say I hope the move went well this weekend!

Big Hugs to everyone, I promise that I have been coming in and skimming through the posts but I just seem to never have any time anymore.

Ali I sympathise with you on the tiredness - was it this bad last time LOL???

We are planning Flynn's b'day party too - I think I am doing the cup-cake balloons cake out of the WW book

Uhoh - I can smell poo.......

Ali - you poor thing, you must be exhausted getting not much sleep and night. I hope Tori starts sleeping better for you real soon. Bugger about the morning/night sickness, hope it disappears soon. Lucky Tori having 3 parties! WW cookbooks are the best inspiration for cakes. Good luck choosing one and make sure you let us know which one you decide on.

Rory - I made that balloon cake for Chelsea's 1st birthday she had with my mothers group (swimming pool cake for the family party). It was so easy to make and each of the kids got to eat a cake and make lots of mess. Nearly all of Chelseas cakes have been from a WW cookbook. Her 2nd b'day I did a big blue fish, 3rd bday I did the photo frame cake with lollies all around it (another one that was really easy) and this years 4th bday was the 4 cake.

We all have to make sure we take photos of our cakes - I love seeing what other people make and how well they do it. I still haven't decided what theme and where to have it yet. Will most likely be at home as all of Chelseas parties have been here.

Not much happening this weekend. Chelsea had dancing yesterday, then we went to visit a BB friend in the afternoon and end up staying for dinner. Both kids were pooped and went straight to bed when we got home, thankfully they both slept till 9am!!! Went for a walk this morning with the girls, it was so beautiful out this morning. Did some housework, got dinner ready. DH worked all weekend and is off the the footy tonight.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Blue Fish, Mel, that sounds divine! I'm going to have to do something creative, aren't I? Or it's just not going to cut it!
    Ali - hope the tiredness wears off soon.
    I've been studying (hence not on much here this weekend, despite being on the computer and online) and nearly finished my mini-assignment. Once that's done I can get on with my late work.
    Just when things are starting to level out, I get a phone call from my GF. Her step-daughter's (I've gone through this before, but we became friends through the step-daughter, because we used to ride horses together) mum is really ill in hospital, so that's on my mind now.
    I have a haircut tomorrow morning. I am going to discuss colour with the hairdresser (he does organic colour), cos I'm not sure if I'm sick of looking at my white hairs (definitely white, it's a Kennedy thing in my family) or not. I think with another style (I need shorter hair, except for the bottom layer, cos now it's taking too long to dry again), that should change things enough, but I'm not averse to going darker with some white chunks thrown in. Who knows? Am I having an identity crisis??? I still need to be able to throw it into a ponytail, but just not so long. And the bits that fell out are growing back corkscrew...it hasn't looked like that so close to my scalp since I was a kid! I have neither time nor money to spend on heaps of product, so I may have to go quite a bit shorter...
    Anyway, back to study!

wow, everyone is so organised already thinking about their Junies 1st birthday cakes! I hadn't given it a thought but i guess i'd better. I have to go get the WW kiddy cake book - i flicked through it really quickly at the supermarket last November when we were coming up to Osc's 2nd birthday and saw the lamington train and thought i could make that - and i did. It turned out great even though i say it myself and i had to finish it off with a tube of superglue stuck to my fingers on my right hand but thats another story!. I was so proud of it i sent pictures of it home along with the pickies of Osc. To say i have no imagination would be putting it mildly so it was the best thing to look at that i'd ever done.

Commiserations to Ali and Rory for tiredness and m/s - hope they both leave soon.

Good on you getting your mini assignment done IK. You must have so much energy managing to study and be a mum at the same time. What are you studying?

Mel - am envious of the 9am lie in!!! I saw the better homes and gardens caramel slice and thought of people in here. I rushed out and got all the ingredients and forgot i don't have a slice tray so will have to wait til i get one (hopefully tomorrow) but by then i may have dipped into the ingredients (bought hobnobs instead of gingernuts as i dont like ginger).

Nic - hope you are all settled after your big move this weekend and are managing to have rests inbetween unpacking.

We've had a great day so far. I took a picnic to a local park with the munchkins, had a walk around the lake first - it has been filled up since we've actually had some rain - it was starting to look more like a puddle. Both kids had a ball playing in the park and now Will is crawling and pulling himself up and even doing abit of cruising he enjoyed finding everything too. had abit of a 'stare-off' with a swan who was after Will's sandwich but he backed away so i must have had my scary face on.

Anyway, hope you are all having a great day too. I'd love to see the videos of your Junies walking/plonking etc - can i email you to get passwords?

Julie x

Julie x
    Last edited by PlonkeeMumma; May 7th, 2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: added about superglue - what a plonker i was!

Hi Julie - LOL about the swans! I'll post one of my email addresses here (the least identity revealing one!) and when you've copied it, I'll remove it from here [removed email address]
    Don't know about energy, Julie - probably more sheer optimism on my part! I can't count my chickens, my mini assignment was dead easy and I still have 3 major assignments to knock over
    I had a nice surprise today when going through Oscar's clothes chest (supposed to be a toy chest, but it has his outgrown clothes, and some clothes we have for his bigger sizes). I found a few jumpsuits in his current size that I didn't realise I had (from stuff given to me over summer that I obviously thought I'd revisit later in the year, only to forget about them). So, Oscar has play clothes - they're light colours, but they are quite pre-loved, which is perfect because Oscar has no respect for his clothes ATM!
    He's gone back to his inhalation caper. I thought he was over it, but he has resumed this loud gasping of air...just for fun! It's very funny, but I thought it was a passing phase that had...already passed...oh, well!
    He's getting tickles from Daddy now and I can hear him giggling heartily. I have a pie in the oven that I'm waiting for and once it's ready we'll have dinner! It's a butcher bought pie, so don't get excited...I haven't ever made a pie from scratch yet - that's DP's territory.
    Ok, I shall await your email, Julie, and I'll email you the email list...enough 'email' in that sentence??
    ETA: got my haircut today - nothing drastic, in the end, but it feels a lot lighter, thank goodness! I love my hairdresser. How do I tell my old hairdresser that I'm not coming back??
    Last edited by Smoke Jaguar; May 8th, 2007 at 03:35 PM. Reason: removed email address

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast