Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #36

Hiya Rory, oooh a full night's sleep! LOL you can tell what words leapt out of your last post! I'd endure a 50 min nausea inducing flight for that as well! hehe
    OH your DH is wonderful... how many children is he up for again? I agree, 4/5 what's the difference... I really admire those who have the faith/ability for a true large family... I've got too much control-freak in my nature to pursue that I have to admit, even though I've whittled it away to a mere shadow these days.

Ok... time to cook some comfort food... starting off with some sago pudding (with a dash of coconut milk).

ETA: Verity ran a 3km cross country race ran between 200 years 7 and 8 girls from girls' schools all over Melbourne yesterday. She came 50th. On top of that she was up early this morning and out the door at 7.15am on her way to school to do more training as she managed to get into the state race for her age group. I almost stopped her because she is getting this cold too but there was no stopping her... AND she has a vaccination for the cervical cancer causing virus at school today... I'm a bit worried about that... there is a thread about it. I did as much research as I could but I'm still in 2 minds... there was a case of instant paralysis after receiving the vaccination... but you always read about life threatening reactions to all vaccines... I don't know, damned if you do damned if you don't. I guess at the end of the day i trust Verity's school... they would have done more thorough research than I and are very very conservative about the health of their students (so much so that they don't really like the primary aged girls walking to school for example)... so if they knew of ANY significant concern I'm sure they wouldn't be allowing the vaccinations to occur at their school and would tell parents that they could have it done at their GP if they wanted to proceed.

Last edited by Bathsheba; May 16th, 2007 at 10:20 AM.

Rory we've got a Nissan Patrol 7 seater, so we have one more seat free, so I reckon why not fill it, lol. Oh what I would do for a full nights sleep again.

Bath good on Verity for coming in 50th that is great. I must have missed that thread, where abouts is it? Hope your enjoying your comfort food or getting a bit of a nap in.

Well as most of you know from my previous posts that DH has become a bit of a one man wall disastor (sp), well on Monday he added to his injury list at work. He stood on a bit of wood with a nail in it and the nail went into his foot. So now I think he needs to wear a sign that says 'walking accident, in progress'.

I had a bit of a scare this arvo, Cody was crawling on the floor and I heard him gagging, I found that he had put a coke bottle lid in his mouth luckily he didn't get it lodged in his throat, it scared the s**t out of me though, had images of calling the ambos.

hugs xoxo

Afternoon all, just came back from a lovely lunch with my GF. It was so beautiful we got a table outside. I can't believe this weather and we are in the middle of May! I had the yummiest homemade fetta and spinach agnolotti with a white wine sauce, smoked salmon and dill! It was delicious. Marley is much better today, runny nose has stopped and she is starting to smile more. Yippee! Her prescription for antibiotics cost me $17.50 yesterday. I got a brochure in the mail for The Chemist Warehouse which advertises good discounts on prescriptions. When I checked up the amoxyl paed syrup it costs $8.50 with them!!!! I then started checking my dads medication and he would save over $20 on just 3 prescriptions. I will definately be going to them from now on. I hate getting ripped off.

Re the number of kids: I have always wanted 3 and still do (DH wants 4!). Problem is when to have #3 and if I will return to work after having him/her. I go to bed at night and just think about it constantly. I think I will wait until 2009 but that may change. Its such a hard decision as I love my job but I don't think it would be affordable for me to work and put 2 kids in daycare. Might as well stay home. Oh decisions, decisions!

Julie - you are making my mouth water! I am definately making it this weekend. Can you please tell me how many packets of biscuits, 1 or 2? Hope Oscar enjoyed his big boy bed and Will enjoyed having his cot back

Amanda - glad to hear you are feeling back to normal again! I think DH's just know to stand clear when AF arrives, I know mine does LOL!!!! Good news that Cody is sleeping well again. I think its fantastic you want to be a midwife. I went to all the open days and applied in 2004 and sat the relevant testing etc but didn't get in, they had such limited places for non VCE leavers. After having 4 or maybe 5? babies of your own, you'd make a wonderful midwife, go for it! Just read your post about Cody and the coke lid, how scary for you! Glad he is OK. Poor DH, he does sound like a walking disaster - keep him away from sharp objects LOL!!!

IK - you are doing great. I think everyone needs time management skills at times, but you will get there. Hope little Oscar is feeling better today.

Bath - bummer about being sick and not getting a good nights sleep! Hope the kids are good for you today and give you bit of a rest. The sago pudding should do the trick - how yum, I haven't had one in years. My nan used to make them for us. Well done to Verity on her race, she sounds like she really enjoys her sport. Re the vaccination, you are right about the school, they would make sure they are doing the best thing for the girls. They have to advertise the worst case scenarios with side effects, but I think I read they are extremely rare.

Rory - Buy the family truckster and do 4! You could do it! Now I am talking you into it LOL!!!! I would prefer the plane ride to driving, I can't stand to be in a car for longer than a couple of hours. I used to live in Warnambool and when coming to melb, caught the train. The first class carriage was hiliarious, nothing special except you didn't have people sitting across from you! Enjoy the flight and hope its nice and smooth for you.
    Last edited by MelS; May 16th, 2007 at 02:47 PM.

HI girls just checking in, I went for an u/s sound today just to check everything was ok (after what happened to my g/f I was a little freaked) anyway all is good, the baby is measuring 8w 6d so exact for my LMP, the heartbeat was ticking away at 185 bpm which was great.

Absolutley exhausted here, Tori is really quite unwell at the moment, and we are trying to get a urine sample from her (easier said than done) I cant start her antibiotics until I have gotten her urine sample. I have been up the last 2 nights with her and just feeling emotionally rung out. DH has been great, and i have told him it is his turn tonight to get up with her, and if needs be to stay home from work tomorrow. It is horrible having a sick baby and not being able to do anything for them.

I hoe you are all well, I apologise for not having checked back on all the posts properly yet, but will endervour to do so in the next couple of days.

Well we're currently receiving the heaviest downpour that i have seen in a very long time... and it's headed your way IK and Mel!

So it's actually quite pleasant being stuck indoors with a lingering cold... and french Music was cancelled for today by the teacher so i don't feel bad missing that either.

Niall has just gone down for a sleep... got ABC2 on for Wade... better go make a cuppa while I have a chance... back soon for personals.

Also, if you're not aware, there's a really interesting poll going on in the General forums about the importance of a fully supported pregnancy/labour (with real choices for all women) as opposed to just focusing on the delivery of a baby (because one WA Ob was reported to have said that the way a baby is born isn't as important as just getting it out safely) I don't want to spark up a debate in here... I just want to do a 'heads up' because the results of the poll are interesting and very close. You might want to mosey on over and vote, if you haven't already done so.
    Last edited by Bathsheba; May 17th, 2007 at 10:58 AM.

Mel – Good on Chelsea getting her Super Effort Cert for swimming. How’s Marley’s ear infection going? Your lunch out yesterday sounded so delicious! I used half a packet of hobnobs and half a packet of scotch finger biscuits in my slice. Nearly all gone now – sob!

Rory – Hope your flight was OK and that you weren’t sick. Very envious about your uninterrupted nights sleep!

Bath – Hope you and your boys colds are getting better. Thanks for the ‘awe’ – complete brain block on that one! That’s a good plan to become a teacher – such a transferable career and good for school hols when you’ve got kids – on top of all the other positives like being able to teach and watch kids learn. Shame older kids scare me so much or I would try it! Hope you had a better sleep last night. Well done to Verity coming 50/200 – that’s great. I find all vaccinations scary but the cervical cancer one is so new that it’s extra scary but like you say, her school must have done all the research so it must be ok.

Amanda – Great at Cody sleeping better. So good you’re planning on becoming a midwife – are you a nurse already? Lol at 7 year mushy brain – ive only been a sahm for 1 year and my brain seems to be in permanent hibernation mode. Lol at filling the spare seat in your car! Your poor DH – hope he walks around with a mobile first aid kit! Scary with Cody and the bottle lid – we’ve had a few close calls with lids but have got there just in time!

Ali – Great news that all well with your scan and your dates are perfect. Hope Tori is feeling better soon – did you manage to get a sample from her? Getting one from a boy is so difficult but it must be damn near impossible from a girl! Hope you had a better night last night, you must be so shattered with so little sleep and being pregnant.

IK - Hope Oscar's snots have cleared up and that you got all your work done.

Well I got Oscar’s big-boy-bed put together on about the 3rd attempt – it is so difficult to line up 6 slats and the middle thingy together on both sides when you’re on you own and your bub keeps shaking them around! I had to do it before DH got home as when that happened I knew I needed to dismantle the cot to get it out of Oscar’s room and into ours for Will. Anyway, Oscar loved his bed and stayed in it really well and Will had the best nights sleep in months. I didn’t hear a peep out of him from putting him down at 7 until around 5.15am which is the first time in about 6 months that ive not had to get up and re-dummy him at least 2 or 3 times in the night and he had a cough and cold! We started feeling very guilty that perhaps he was waking up so much as he was uncomfy in his portocot and the extra mattress we bought him did seem abit thin. The annoying thing was that both mine and DH’s bodies decided we’d had enough uninterrupted sleep by about 4am so we were both lying awake wondering what was going on! We thought about taking advantage of the situation for a about a millisecond then remembered that Wills’ “those are my boobs’ radar would have been activated in seconds so there really wasn’t any point!

Last night was a whole different ball game. Poor Will could not stop coughing. For about 2 hours between midnight and 2am he was coughing every few breaths and it must have been really hurting his throat. He finally fell asleep exhausted only to be woken up around 4 by coughing again. He has been back down for around an hour now and has woken himself up every 10 minutes coughing. Poor little mite is so exhausted but I don’t know what else to do with him. Last night he had demazin and nurofen and the vapourizer was on all night so I don’t know what else we can do. I really hope he turns a corner today as he is suffering so much. It sounds like everyone here has something or other cold wise.

So the night before last when I was awake for hours I had lots of time to think and was wondering if we’ll all be still posting here in 15 years time when they are all teenagers. Can you imagine the threads? ‘I’m sure I smelt cigarettes/alcohol on breath’ or even worse ‘I’m going to be a grandma!’. Teehee that kept me amused for 5 minutes.

Anyway, I’d better go as this has reached a page and a half of A4. Hope eveyones ok and has a good day.

Julie x

Ahaha! Julie I've had the same thoughts about us being grannys and still typing away in here... though it'll all be voice activated by then I guess... I guess Verity is the oldest Junie child? I'll probably be the first granny LOL Which reminds me: she survived the vaccination yesterday totally unscathed, hasn't even complained of soreness... once again I hardly saw her as I was only just getting up this morning as she was on her way out the door (her signs of a cold have vanished)... I'm so proud of her, she's sooo resilient physically... and mentally from the sounds of things as she told me all about the dramas in the school hall as the girls were getting their needles! fainting, screaming, trying to escape, nurses having to chase after girls! LOL Verity said she had to bite her tongue to stop herself from telling the girls to just 'get a grip'... infact one girl apparently did go around saying that and Verity said she had to tell her to be quiet. Lord knows how they are all going to cope with the second and third round of needles. At least there were no complications, paralysis etc.

Bath - the rain made it over this side, it has been pouring for most of the day and I just love it. We have a tin roof and I love hearing the sound of rain on it (haven't heard it much lately LOL!!). LOL about your being the first granny! It is so funny to think about that and what our kids will be doing in years to come. I do hope will still manage to keep in touch even as we get old and grey! I have been watching and reading the other thread, but haven't yet voted. Still pondering.

Julie - poor Will! Its difficult when there is nothing more you can do, you sound like you have all bases covered. I hope he starts feeling better soon. Great news that he had at least one good nights sleep in his cot and Oscar enjoyed his big bed. Chelsea loved it when she got her big bed, she calls it her fairy wonderland as it has floral fairy lights around the bedhead and its a big double bed, she just loves it. Thanks for the quantity of biscuits, I have my brother and his family over on Sat for dinner, so I am going to make some for after dinner. Better not make them earlier as I know DH and I will eat them all! Marley is doing great now. She is finally smiling and laughing again which is so nice to hear! I was beginning to think she would never get over it as its been going for 2 weeks. Antibiotics must be kicking in.

Ali - great news that everything went well at the u/s. It must put your mind at ease. Sorry to hear Tori is unwell, seems like most of the Junies and their families have been sick lately. Hope she gets well soon and you and her can get a good nights sleep.

What a great day to be snuggled up inside. I have had the most peaceful, tranquil day (so far!). Dropped Chelsea off at kinder, went and got the paper and came home put Marley to bed and made myself fried eggs on muffins! Haven't done that in ages. Read the paper and read all my junk mail. Did the bedrooms and tidied up a bit, but thought I will have a bit of a lazy day today. Marley woke in such a happy mood, we played on the floor for ages, she is such a funny baby. She was laughing and dancing up and down. I gave her an almost empty soft drink bottle which she rolled around the floor and chased for ages. Amazing what amuses them! I am so glad to have my happy, fun loving bubba back! She is just beautiful

well finally i have some time to sit down and catch up a bit! I admit i have mostly browsed past the posts and picked up a few things on the way.

Ali- i hope your friend is doing ok, you just being there for her i am sure would be comforting. Hope your feeling ok
    Bath- i was wondering when im gonna get my belly avater! thanks for thinking of me again and re submitting.
    Amanda- not yay for AF returning but atleast now knowing where your at in your cycle must be a little easier.
    Karen & CeeCee good to see u popping back in here. Karen where do u live again? Cee Cee, Donna, you me and anyone else have to try and organise a sydney get together!

Nixon- is on the mend. i caught his cold though and still struggling to get over it. my nose is so clogged up thismorning i woke up with the sorest mouth and jaw.... all i can track it back to is from blowing my nose so often and hard yesterday to try and get everything out.
    Nixon has just cut tooth 11! So he has cut 3 out of the 4 molars in the last few weeks.
    I went back to work on Tues/Thursday. i actually enjoyed it and even though its 40km away and takes 50-1hr to get there i dont notice it! I enjoy listening to the radio again which i havent for a long time and its about the only ME time i get!
    Nixon is having so much fun with his Nanny's and cousins.
    all of a sudden he has become a speed crawler! i couldnt stop laughing yesterday when i got him home at how fast he was going, head down and on the move hehe! His 2.5yr old cousin must ahve been chasing him around yesterday!

Ive been feeling bub move around now and my belly is gettin out there. when i unpack my card reader i'll update the new pic i took yesterday. Have my first OB appoint next week and then the ultrasound the week after yippee!

Hello to IK, Mel, Jules, Jess, and all the rest of the junies ive missed posting! but now im back

Hi All

Nic - Glad to hear you've settled in abit. Speed crawling is so funny to watch isn't it. It cracks us up when Will does it as he slaps his hands down so hard on the tiles you can hear exactly where he is wherever we are in the house. slap slap slap! Iknwym about time int he car being the only ME time - the few times i go out w/o kids ie in evening when they are asleep (and DH is here) and only then to the shop - i put my music on loud, sing badly and feel young again for 5 minutes! Such an exciting time once you can feel bubs moving and then getting to see 'it' on your u/s.

Mel - Chelsea's bed sounds amazing with fairy lights in it! i want one like it!! I'm so glad Marley's feeling better again and smiling and laughing. Will has been so miserable the last few days but today he's been his normal happy-chappy self so i'm so chuffed. Bit worried that his nose has started bleeding on one side though - James was a champion nose-bleeder when he was a kid and still is sometimes so i don't know if it's genetic that he could be more prone - i've never had one in my life!

Bath - Good on Verity being so cool about her jab and that it went ok. so funny she wanted to tell the others to get a grip! She sounds very mature for her age managing to hold it in! 1st likely-granny-to-be hehehehe!

Feeling lots happier here now Will's cold doesn't seem to be bothering him so much although he does still sound shocking. He slept alot better last night but typical - oscar got up twice in the night which is unheard of. 1st time he came in and said wet and sure enough his nappy had leaked and he was soaking and the bed all needed changing. I was just so pleased he came and got me instead of staying in bed and getting upset, i guess he's alot more aware of the wet sensation now he's starting potty training. The he came in again about 4am and said he wanted his monkey milk - i just said too early and he went back to bed! what an angel!!! i guess he'd had trouble sleeping as he didn't get up till 7.30 which is quite late for him.

I love Fridays, although i'll be extra grumpy when this weekend finishes as James is away next week, then back for the weekend then away the weekend after too - grrrrrrr!

Hope you're all having a nice day

Julie x

very quickly! Sorry, I have meant to post briefly before now, but I've been posting in another thread instead
    Nic - how exciting to feel the little one moving! Glad you've settled in more now
    Mel - Marley IS beautiful, I would have to agree - she's got a killer smile, she's won Oscar's heart LOL!
    Julie - what's monkey milk? I think I missed something, but it sounds cute!
    Bath - good one for Verity's vaccinations, brave girl!
    Argh, I'm being summoned again - dogs are being washed, Odin has a skin issue that needs addressing...

Nic - bummer about catching the cold, hope you nose clears up soon. Nice to hear you are enjoying being back at work, the drive sounds good to, listening to the radio without any interupptions. I go back in 7 weeks, I hope I enjoy it too! Good news about Nixons teeth, thats awesome. Get them all out the way. Love the sound of the speed crawling, must look very cute! Glad to hear bubs is nice and active and good luck with ob visit next week.

Julie - it must have been the night for wet beds! Chelsea still needs a nappy at night and she wet through it last night! Luckily she has a double bed so I just popped a towel over the wet side and moved her to the other side. Thankfully it wasn't too early (6.45am) and DH sorted it out as he was up almost ready to leave for work. I was never a nose bleeder either, wonder if it is genetic? Glad Will is back to his old self, it makes such a difference when they are in a good mood.

IK - what a day to be washing dogs LOL!!! Is absolutely bucketing down here ATM. Melting boys hearts already, thats my girl LOL!!! Hope the study is going well.

Another quiet day, weather too bad outside (but so nice to hear rain for the second day in a row!). Only ventured out to get lunch. Going out for my monthly dinner tonight with my GF's. Heading to an Indian restaurant in Hampton, I love Indian and its supposed to be beautiful. Our theme has been to choose a different cuisine each month and we haven't done Indian yet. Not looking forward to driving over there in this rain. Maybe it will ease by the time I leave.

Have a great night everyone.

Ok, back again.
    Yep - lovely and mushy and WET! We went for a quick drive to Geppetto's to pick out a first birthday pressie for our niece for tomorrow and it was lovely and misty. If it's going to be wet and cold, it may as well be pretty! The fire's on, outside is so green, but inside there's a mess. And it's been left to me to clean up. Good one - I reckon I could finish three assignments and get this place spic and span in one afternoon...not... ETA: need to wash Odin 3 times a week for his skin ailment until it clears up, he's wearing a bucket on his head, poor lamb! And Coco was turning brown/grey - for those who have seen the pictures, she is supposed to be white!
    Went to see Sue Ann Post and Rachel Berger last night, who played at the local cafe (Burrinja) and they were ace - it was just the time out I needed!
    Have a safe drive out tonight, Mel, and have a great time!

Hey girls, just back from my o'night trip to Warnambool (plane trip was lovely but a bit bumpy in places). Our plane was delayed by 3 hours cause the bus from accom to airport was late and then we were fogged-in for ages! Ah well, still got to play with my boy before heading into the city for a meeting - now finally I have the weekend to look forward to!

Better go - got chicken noodle soup to make - DH has Flynn's cold (which I have so far avaoided - yay!!

Mel - Have a fab time out, yummy, im so envious i love indian.

IK - embarrasingly we have called Oscar 'monkey' (among other things, noodle, boodle, boddle, bod) from when he was very small as he was always so cheeky so DH said monkey milk to him for his first milk in the morning and it has stuck. Milk at any other time of the day is just milk but his one first thing he always calls it his monkey milk. mmm some things seem like a good idea at the time, maybe not!

AHHHH! (that was a squeal of delight) that is so cute, Julie! Hmmm, might have to steal it...I call my Oscar a monkey all the time! He climbs onto everything, climbs on me and wraps around tight, and hangs off our backs when he's in the sling!

Good afternoon girls... just back from collecting Wade from Kinder and the shops... left the 'pute on though if you're wondering about the green light which has been all week... today was the first time we ventured out... pretty much over our colds now but it's sure been a nice week just staying at home watching it rain outside and the grass grow greener... hasn't been cold yet over here... haven't even thought of turning on the ducted heating pilot yet. Hoping to get through to June 1st... did the same last year...remember finding it to be a bit hard but unless it cools down after all this rain looks like our gas bill will be reasonable...of course if it's not cold on June the 1st I won't bother turning it on... just gonna delay it as long as possible... because our kitchen is fairly central and part of an openplan living area if I start cooking up a storm it warms up the main part of the house... also I have dragged out the tumble drier into the main area and when I put that on it warms up the place which reminds me that I better tumble a load of sheets/towels... no room to hang them...anyhow I feel less guilty using it if we benefit from the heat...when it's back in the laundry I'm very stingy with it. Hey Nic; it's great to hear from you again and you sound much better too 11 teeth! molars! wow what a mouthful and must make a very charming smile! Julie: LOL at you singing in the car... the only songs we sing in the car are 5 Little Ducks Went Out One Day... to entertain Wade when he's getting ratty... Verity is at an age where all that's a bit uncool so she just sits and frowns because she can't hear her Mp3 player properly. Mel: Oh yes the fairy lights sound so pretty *sigh* it'd be lovely to spend a bit of money on nice things like that, stuff around the home, oh "one day"! Indian sounds perfect! Mmmmm... just frozen vegetarian pizza and gnocchi for us tonight...oh and a nice red from our local outlet...infact, one is still open from a few nights ago... is it too early for a drink (it's almost dark outside )? LOL DH is going to be late home tonight, I might just need a little "mother's helper" to get me through the evening... I'm not a big drinker... but ever since having Niall (ie not being pregnant) we have taken advantage of the lovely selection of wines at the place around the corner... they have really good red cleanskins... haven't had a dodgy one yet! Rory: (thinking of your large cellar collection LOL) glad to hear you are back safe and sound... you obviously didn't have any major incidences, no public puking... did you sleep through or did you wake up in anticipation of hearing a cry... it must have been kind of bitter sweet? Better have a break here to check on kids...

Just a quick one for now, DH has finally hooked up my internet phone, I'm so happy and it's so cheap. This a combo of my christmas present and mother's day present. I finally got to call my best friend in Sydney and we talked for nearly 3 hrs for free, it was great.

Ok better go and feed Cody and give him a bath then booby and bed so will hopefully be back later.

hugs to everyone xoxo

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast