Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #36

Hi girls

Nic: Oh another boy! That would be wonderful... I'm biased but having two little boys close in age really appeals to me as I look forward to them growing up mates and playing cricket in the backyard together etc... but then again a little girl would also be nice as I love spending time with Verity and making sure she has an easier time of growing up than I did etc. and dressing them up in cute little dresses is sooo much fun when they are little LOL

ok...got to do the shower thing with Niall.... back again afterwards...

Amanda: I've been meaning to suggest you grab some time for yourself on the weekend by getting up early on either a Saturday or Sunday, getting dressed, warned DH that you were going out for a coffee/breakfast and go! Could you do this?

agh... gotta deal with something...
    Last edited by Bathsheba; May 22nd, 2007 at 08:54 PM.

Had my scan - all seems well but we haven't yet got the "official' results on risk of downs/etc. But bub looks fine so far and my dates are set at 12 weeks 3 days - EDD of 2 December!!

Oh and how's this for a laugh! I just applied to get a St George credit card with a 6 months interest free period to move my ANZ balance over. The card was approved and the new limit was $20,000!!! Are those people nuts!!! I was astounded - I couldn't imagine the stress of having such a high amount owing on a card!

Julie - how are you coping on your own? I find I get bored with no one to talk to at night but definatley love sleeping in the bed on my own with no one snoring next to me LOL!!! You day out sounded lovely - had to laugh at the "tantrum a minute" comment!!!

Ali - great news that Tori is feeling much better. How about you, has m/s passed?

Nic - oh how exciting, another boy (if they got it right lol!!!). What was your new ob like, hope you liked him/her? Bugger about the colds/snots etc going around your house, Nixon might be lucky and fend it off!

Bath - I love putting cute little dresses on my girls too! But having said that, my GF has a little 6mth old boy and she dresses him so beautifully and I now notice more boys clothes, they are quite cool!

Rory - great news about your scan. I would be scared of what I would do with a $20,000 limit lol!!!

Took Marley swimming today then had my final lunch with my GF before she heads to Japan. We went to Chadstone and had a yummy lunch then a good wander around the shops. They have so many great kids shops. Off to work out what to have for dinner?????

Glad your scan went well Rory - that's great. I know that banks will chuck far to much money at people - the just want us to get in huge amounts of debts. We got approved a HUGE mortgage a few months ago - we hadn't asked for remotely that much - for a laugh i asked what the repayments would have been and we would have literally been left with about $100 per fortnight - how can they justify that!!

Yeah it is just mad - and here I was worrying we would get knocked back cause I am really slack on paying my Telstra and gas bills on time!!

Rory: That's good news about your scan I'm sure everything is fine... how did you feel when you saw your little bean for the first time? Oh and I know, $20,000 limit is so wrong for you at this time of your lives... when you are paying off school fees it might be another story though It's very ironic that although my DH is a banker we don't believe in depending on huge ammounts of credit/mortgages. It's a very worrying trend that living with huge debt has become 'normalised' Still, I don't agree with bank bashing (although we also do it from the perspective of my DH being an employee!) Bankers are often placed in "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. People want credit/loans and generally believe they can meet higher repayment levels than what they really can... if a bank won't give them the money they are also critised... more people than not actually fudge their applications for a loan so they can hardly complain when they get into trouble... these are just my/my DH's observations... not hard fact mind you

Hi Mel - posted at same time!
    Not going too bad on my own. Am eating far too much chocolate and am still in my PJs at gone 2pm which is so slack but as i haven't had to take DH to work and i don't do anything on Wednesdays i haven't got round to getting dressed! I spoke to him last night but he was abit sloshed and kept going on about how one of his back teeth had broken and wasn't he getting old (he's just turned 33 so i don't know what he's talking about - i'm 2 years older than him!). I think by tomorrow i'll be missing adult conversation as yesterday i had my walking group mums to chat to.
    Must have been sad having your last lunch with your gf before she goes off to Japan.

Julie - I hope you don't get too strung out without adult conversation! Still, at least with kids there's no crap, and when you talk to adults you get agendas, deception, face saving...kids talk can be good!
    Rory - the limits that have been offered to me in the past astound me - they've always been offered when I have been a student...and not working full time...
    Mel - how was swimming? Gotta love Skype and video conferencing, for keeping in touch with OS friends!
    Amanda - is there any way you can do a mini-strike? I know, you'll probably cut your nose off to spite your face, but if it gets to you again...
    Took Oscar swimming yesterday and he is loving the Loch Ness Monster thing. He was so wanged out and slept for ages afterwards.
    He is with MIL today and will be back in about 45 mins. I felt sorry for myself when he left - I HATE when he leaves without me, it feels so unnatural.
    My mum's birthday today and I called her up. We ended up revisiting the whole 'you left me out of the loop for Oscar's birth' crap...she still thinks its about her. She actually (get this) DENIES that there are two sides to the story. She says there is only one story and it's about her not being told that I was in hospital so that she could hang out there until Oscar was born. So, can we safely assume that she's filtered out the bit about me not being in hospital very long before Oscar was born? That no-one else knew we were there except us? That that is how we wanted it? That she didn't answer her mobile when DP tried calling? That she didn't answer the landline when he tried that, so he told my dad instead? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Anyway, times like this I'm glad she lives 4 hours away.
    Better go express some milks and get some study food...

Sorry... forgot to say Hiya Julie, Mel and IK... I've been posting a bit in other threads but am not really thinking clearly ATM...dunno why... just feel a bit mushy brained... had a bit on my mind lately, had to prepare for a visit from our landlord today and I was a bit stressed out about that but I think we are finally about to get a new back fence

IK: oooooh I know about those kind of conversations... the ones that leave you feeling totally exasperated... I also seem to recall that you had no intention of excluding her... but that she managed to exclude herself for (?) weeks wasn't it? very odd.

Ok... back to muddling around in circles... trying to meet the needs of the squeakiest wheel! Oh no it's almost bath time... Just add water and you get a angry slippery eel 3yo who last night refused to get dressed... legs flailing and all... I actually ended up opening the back door... he ran out.... then I closed it... poor little buggar froze for about 2 minutes... i let him inside... he was then all a sudden very keen to get dressed. What's in store for me tonight?:nana:
    Last edited by Bathsheba; May 23rd, 2007 at 06:36 PM.

Julie - gotta love staying in your pj's till 2pm, good one you. I love those days, esp if it is a horrible day outside. Glad you are coping well with chocolate as your friend LOL!!! I am really sad about my GF leaving. We met at antenatal classes while I was pregnant with Chelsea and we just hit it off. We have remained friends ever since, seeing each other nearly everday when Chelsea and her DD were little and we have both had second babies and are still just as close (she had a boy second time around) if we don't see each other, we ring. It will be strange but I we will still keep in touch all the time, just wont be the same! They will be back in January. Poor Chelsea keeps telling me how sad she will be when her friend goes, I am sure she has no idea how long its for.

IK - swimming is going great, she loves it. Teacher even commented on how much better she is at this age than Chelsea! Maybe not quite the loch ness monster yet LOL!!! Will definately investigate skype, sounds really good. Don't let your mum get to you. Don't even enter the discussion with her as it sounds like you wouldn't win anyway! Hope you had a good productive study day.

Bath - must be the day for it. DH came home early from work with a bad headache, my dad was feeling really washed out today too. Well done on the new back fence, you were saying in another post that you were really wanting one. PML about leaving Wade outside, that would have been hilarious (not for Wade LOL!!!), might have to try that one! We have fights over which pj's to wear to bed and tears if its not the right ones! Look forward to hearing what your adventure was tonight LOL!!!

Well both Cody and I have been sick since Sunday adn it got that bad that DH took yesterday off to take us to the doctors and we both have and ear infection and Cody also has a red throat, so we are both on antibiotics.

IK he's been quite good since I've been sick so I'll leave the mini strike for another time, lol.

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY JACK AND CHARLEE

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY PATRICK for tomorrow if I'm not on.

hugs xoxo

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello ladies,
    just a quick one to say hi.
    Rory - so glad you had the scan and it was all good. Yeah! Heres to a happy pregnancy!
    Nic - a boy is great... brothers are great friends - esp. as some boys are not as good at sharing their feelings as girls, so it is nice for a boy to have a brother to share things with.
    Hello to everyone else.. not much news here, well, I actually think I may be expecting again? But I'm not sure - was not planned, but we DTD on Sun, (thinking I was safe as it was day 7), but today I'm ovulating (day 10).. ****... what do you think? Do you think I'm in the clear? we do want another one, but in a few more months.. not just yet?...I do not normally ovulate till much later (I am on a 33-36 day cycle)... oh well, guess I will have to wait and see.... will keep you all posted...
    cheers for now!
    luv
    CC

Just wanted to say Hi.. Haven't posted in forever... Glad to read that everyone is going well.. Will try and be a bit more regular now..

Emishka great to see you back, just over a week till Caitlyn is 1, how have you been.

CC oooo, you'll have to keep us posted, you may or may not have conceived, I guess you just have to wait.

Well I feel like absolute *****, I had to walk Lockie to school with this damn flu and sore ear now my chest feels like it's on fire and my back is killing (Cody was in the sling).

Ok will lurk today and post occasionally.

hugs xoxo

Time for a new thread everyone.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678