Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #4

Tanya- sorry to hear your mending hasn't been smooth. are you hurting when u go to the toilet etc? not that i got to use it but my sister bought me a sauce bottle to use after the birth. just to fill with water and squirt on yourself when u go to the loo to take the sting away. when r u getting the stitches out?

Ali- let us know how u go at the docs, hope Tori is ok.

Enigma-although i am waiting to finish the newborn nappys i have (should be today) i have used the infant ones already, as Candy said there is a bit of an overlap they can be used from 4kg's. How is your mum toward you today?

I know not all babies poo every day but generally every 2nd nappy is dirty. Once in syd he didnt poo for 2 days then when he did it was Massive. Im sure Nixon hasnt done a poo since Monday arvo....yesterday there was Nothing all day only lots os wee's. Tuesday there could have been some small skid marks (lol) but no poo. I'm wiating for this huge exploding nappy that is yet to come but got a friend looking after him for a few hrs this arvo and hope it doesnt happen then. oh and also he is farting a heap and they really stink which ive never noticed before. anyone's bubs go days without poos? I did give him a bottle of formula on Monday once and he had one last weekend when we were away, wondering if this could make a difference.(dh is taking me to something this arvo its a surprise!!)

Enigma - with nappies I've often found I have to move the next size up before we're near the weight - especially at night cause they just don't hold. I;m finishing my newborns now only so they're gone (and Sam's about 5.5kg and leaks frequently if I'm not ontop of changing him) and going onto 4-8 but could quite easily go to 6-11 in huggies (other brands are bigger at 6-11) just get slightly more for your money in the smaller size. Don't think I'll be in the 4-8 kg long - did find I was in the 6-11 for a while though. I'll soon start sampling other brands when on sale to see what works for us and whether we can go cheaper

Ali - hope the GP can give you some answers about Tori.

Nickers - mine never have but I do know of bubs that can go a week or so with no poo - apparently not uncommon for breastfed bubs as they get out of the newborn stage. My boys have always been super regular more than once a day type.
    Last edited by jaspen; July 27th, 2006 at 11:29 AM.

OK i think i'll invest in Infant nappies then - here I am waiting until Aneta hits 5kg exactly ( only 200grams to go ) hehe

Nic - Aneta sometimes goes 2 days without pooing, actually i think she did once - otheriwse its one a day and ALWAYS when its my turn to do the nappy change.
    Tell Nixon im coming over to change his nappy and i guarantee you a poo

Candy - what can I say?? they havent evolved much since the " cave years " have they ? hehe

Hi Jaspen!

Ali - omg how scary , thats the #1 thing im paranoid about - that she'll stop breathing , you can get these roll things at target for $30 that go on each side of baby and they sleep safely on their side that way without you worrying that she'll turn on her tummy

DH needs his cigarrette ... grrr ....so im off towatch Aneta be back soon

#karen# Guest

Gabysmum - i had a similar night last night, gave Nathan a bath at 9pm then he went to sleep at 9:30 (after a very restless evening)and woke at 4:10 for a feed. I actually feel human today, apart from full boobs.
    Enigma - glad 1st immunisations went well and hope things have settled with your mum. Wow what a great sleep . I hope you had a chance to sleep as well.
    Tanya - big hugs to you, how distressing. The dr's attitude could have been more sympathetic!
    Ali - I'm so glad Tori is sleeping longer I actually put Nathan on his tummy (only during the day) and he slept better but dh asked me not to do this so I won't anymore but less things will get done in the house during the day. I might try his side. All the best for your appt.
    Hello to everyone I've missed and hope all is well.

as candy informed me in the baby love book it says its not uncommon for bf babies to go without pooing for 3 weeks! (omg hope its not that long a wait!) also says fluffs can b very smelly and well they stink atm! he is farting heaps!
    anyway also says can give them a little cooled boiled water.
    i keep forgetting to use the book as a referance.

got the pixi photo's back i will email them to you all now. i didnt get ALL of them! got half of what they had to offer i think.

Well I'm having a foul day... Wade's cold is worse... he woke up nearly every hour last night... Niall slept well but he might as well have been awake too for all the good it did. Today Wade has been crying all day and unless I actually sit and play with him he does naughty attention seeking things. I'm also getting the cold and can't stop sneezing and my nose is like a tap, back onto the antihistamines from pregnancy! Luckily Niall isn't sick... that would be the worst! I hope he's getting lots of antibodies through my breastmilk! Used the manual Medela pump today... it was great - just as fast and efficient as the electric attachment but required more attention and energy obviously... I just want to keep up my supply... hate that feeling of not being certain if they are getting enough... also it takes lots of calories to make lots of milk and I'm sure it's keeping my weight down because i'm eating a bit too much rubbish lately and making creamy sauces for meals etc... but my weight is still dropping... I can afford to lose another half a stone.... my ideal weight is about 9 and a half stone... which puts me in a size 10 for everything... I managed that after feeding both other children but slowly put it on about 6 months after I stopped BFing.

DH was great last night... when I had to feed Niall at 3am he got up and dealt with Wade who woke up at that moment too... he fell asleep with Wade in his bed after dealing with him for half an hour. Unfortunately ungrateful me woke up in a dragon-mood and complained about how nobody ever thinks to put a dressing gown or slippers on Wade when they get up... they just let him wander around getting freezing which is why he is sick now. DH said that he hasn't got time and neither does DD as they are getting ready for work and school... and kinda implied I should be up anyhow... but that's so unfair as some times I don't get a deep sleep until 5am. I don't know what to do. They seem to need me to be on call 24/7... it's ok for them, they get to stay snug in bed most nights and tune-out the sound of Niall if he is unsettled. DH also thinks I get "proper" sleep when Niall is in bed next to me but I don't... it's kind of a half sleep and it doesn't count! Sleep is something people take for granted so easily and it seems that people who aren't missing out just don't understand what it's like to miss out night after night. I shouldn't whinge because my situation really isn't too bad, it's just temporarily worse due to Wade's teething/cold.

Niall sleeps on his tummy during the day. He sleeps in a cradle in the lounge room. It has a firm flat matress with good air circulation. Nobody smokes in this house and there are no other SIDS risk factors. He finds it very comforting and sleeps very well during the day. I mentioned that I allow him to sleep this way during the day to my visiting midwife and my MCHN and they were ok with it as he has very strong neck muscles and lifts his head easily. Niall is a flexible sleeper and will also sleep well on his side but I know he finds it very comfy on his tummy. I'm not saying everyone should do this with their babies but if you are wondering whether it might help your little ones ask your carers what they think about allowing daytime tummy sleeping. I personally think it's the lowest risk factor; poor air circulation (from cot bumpers), overheating and a smokey environment i think are much worse.

Dirty nappies: About every 3rd nappy is dirty with Niall. No concerns here. None of my children have ever been constipated luckily... but i have heard it's perfectly normal for a baby to do poos once a week but more often when they are on formula... breast milk poos are a lot more loose and go through their systems a lot faster.

Infant sized nappies by Huggies: yep, as I mentioned last week... they are only very slightly larger than newborn size. Niall has been in them for about 2 weeks beginning as night-time ones whilst I used up the newborn size ones. We now also use Aldi brand which i find are not only cheaper but more absorbant.

Ok... going to take my grumpy self off to make a cuppa before Niall wakes for his next feed. Looking forward to seeing the Pixi photos Nic

Just received the Pixi photos They made me smile.... and Wade too! Love the expression on his face in the football one. That shade of blue really suits him too... well done!

just quickly - managed to get laptop into the baby room between holding, feeding and squeezing in a shower! Anyway, the point of this post is to let you know, those using disposables, that Nappyland has Huggies boxes for $29.95 from Monday for 2 weeks. I noticed there's a store in Bulleen and Reservoir, for those Melbournites, or they do deliveries - 2 or more boxes is free delivery I'm told. I get my nappy liners from there, and don't go thru many sposies for outings to justify a box of one size that we'll grow out of half way through the box!

nic - love the pixie photos - he's starting to look very grown up

Bathsheba - hope you get a bit better night tonight - fully understand what your saying re oncall 24/7 and how it can all get too much specially with the extra stress of sick toddlers etc. Wish we had Aldi - they are the only nappies I continuously hear good reports on - all others seem to be child dependent. Yeh I'm with you I certainly wouldn't stock up on "infant" nappies and in fact if the box of 6-11 is cheaper I'd go them in preferance to 2 bags of infant as they'll know doubt find them fine.

Re - sleeping on tummy - again not wanting to say it's what people should do - but I have a friend who's a midwife who's had to sleep both her girls on their tummy from early on cause they barely slept if put to sleep on their backs and I let mine do it from the minute they can roll over (would do it sooner I think if they had problems sleeping) (I always put them down on their back but don't do anything to prevent them rolling) but try to go with the "rules" otherwise. As my friend said it's all about you and your baby and how you feel about the "risks" versus the benefits and what you can/could live with.

Well back from the Dr. and even though she couldnt find anything wrong as such she thinks that it is reflux (but not gastric reflux needing ant acid etc) and it is the reflux that makes it sound like she is having breathing difficulties because she is competing with milk coming up and trying to breath.
    She suggested that I express the feeds that she seems to be worse at and add some thickner to the milk and see if that helps, I am going to do this just before she goes to bed and see if it helps.
    She didnt say that sleeping on her side was 'ok' but I think that is partly because they are worried about SIDS, however I am going to keep trying it as long as it works, because I know that she is not going to roll over if I carefully wedge something next to her.
    We bought an Angelcare monitor today to try and see if that helps with me getting a good nights sleep, because at the moment I am just parinoid that she is going to stop breathing in the night.

Nic- Great photos of Nixon (how cute)

Bath- Sorry to hear that you are having a tough day.

Time for a new thread girls

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678