Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #4

Thanks for reminding me Gabysmum - I was going to ask , when do babies start smiling / laughing ?? Aneta is 6 weeks old tommorow and her smiles right now are when she is asleep ( probably gas though )... and when she's squeezing out a poo ( definatly gas ) ... I cant wait to start acting like a clown just to make her laugh

hi everyone can't stop

happy belated birthday Tanya!!!!

glad to hear Patrick's home Jess!!!! Let's hope things start going your way

having trouble finding time to write at the moment - getting time to read though - as I try and get us organised to move in four weeks.

better run and check the 2yr old isn't suffocating Samuel with love and attention.

Big hugs to all and three cheers for us mums and the great jobs we're doing!!!

(Just thought everyone might need a bit of a pick me up)
    Candy - hopefully the doc will be able to help with Ryan's conjunctivitis (and anything else that's making him off colour)

Enigma- you'll prob start seeing Aneta doing some smiles any day now. I think Nixon took longer than normal but was to be expected. I think he was 8 weeks when i first saw him smile (other then wind) but each week he gets more and more smily. then with smiles comes the gooh and gahs like they are chatting to you and then last week he has started sort of giggling. I was so relieved when i start to see smiles etc its like your reward for all the hard work and effort u put in! if she is not yet you know those precious smiles are just around the corner!Tanya- so did DH forget your bday or remember but not get you anything? I know he's been just as busy but no excuse not to get you something, even if only very small, he could have said this is from Lucas and we'll go and get u something when we have more time. Im a real kid when it comes to bday/xmas its all about YOU and presents and celebrating! tell him he can still make up for it by doing something extra special in the next few days!

I just had a shower with Nixon. done lots of baths but first shower with my boy. I think i prefered the bath, he's a bit hard to hold and slippery! i was worried if he swallowed a gulp of water he could choke? could he?

Tulip - we've also had more unsettledness at night, he seems windier at night and I'm not sure if it was some cabbage I ate the other day and for how long that is supposed to have some sort of effect. DP tried to sleep on the couch last night, but cos he wasn't working today I got him back into our bed to help me comfort Oscar - after all, I'm trying to get over a cold and I'm feeling a little wrecked of a night. Funny, in the morning once I'm up I feel perky again and probably do too much as a result.
    I've had to make the trip out to my horse again, and will do so daily this week, weather permitting, to check on his sore. Bad news is that if it takes too long to heal I'm going to be looking at stabling him at night...and either spending more money on having that mucked out by someone, or finding the energy to muck it out myself to save some money, grrr! DP had better not whinge about cost if I have to go with the former, cos if he had come to the party weeks ago, my horse wouldn't have had such a severe wither rub!!!
    I'm having such a great time using my loaned Hug a Bub! It saves me hauling the pram out at the equestrian centre and I can take Oscar with me out to the paddock to get my horse. Some of the mums there like to hold him, so I do avail when they offer! I might even head out to my work by train tomorrow (have an appt near there on Wednesday and using petrol to drive to the same area two days in a row seems a bit extravagant) with the HAB and my Shop'n'Go trolley. Otherwise, I'll be facing a Wednesday packed with too much - visiting work people, going to Pumpkin Patch for an exchange, a myotherapy appt and heading to some baby supply places looking for some stuff we need...I might prefer to spread it out!
    OK, going to get a drink and sort some laundry - need more nappies folded!

Enigma - Samuel is 7 weeks tomorrow and he doesn't smile at me either - I have caught him smiling at his toys and his brother occassionally but all I am to him is comforter and feeder - neither of which are worth a smile yet apparently!!! LOL

Likewise with Niall and smiling at DH who seems to get lots... maybe our definition of a smile is different: maybe I interpret more "smiles" as wind etc. Oh well I'm in no hurry for Niall to leave his 'newborn' status behind... because he'll be my last *sniff* so I'm savouring all the things that he does like those strange Tai Chi arm movements LOL and his newborn sounds like that final little "quack" sound he makes after he's been crying and I pick him up... like he's telling me off for taking too long LOL. Newborn cries are so little compared to older babies... soon our entire neighbourhood will know when Niall's outraged about this or that... especially over summer when the windows are open... though who knows, he might be different, he's very easy going. Due to wake up any minute then it's bath time. Nic: I don't think he'd choke if he accidentally inhaled/swallowed a bit of water while in the shower... I've read that babies are very good at getting liquid eg milk out of their airways. He'd probably have to be under water totally to be at risk. This is what happened when i was bathing verity when she was a newborn: she turned her head to the side really quickly and took a mouthful... I had to put her over my knee and pat her back to get her to cough it up! OMG I was trembling for the rest of the day... that's why I have showers with my newborns, or lie them on my chest when i'm in the big bath with them. When in the shower i don't use soap... infact i never use soap on them, not just to stop them from being slippery, because I've read so many times that it's not good, not even the Johnson and Johnson baby bath products. Maybe when they are about 5/6 months old and start getting really dirty... but not at this age. Instead i add a few drops of lavendar oil to the bath which is antibacterial and a great relaxant. Mmm, feel like a bath now!

Good to see you again Jaspen

Almost forgot: regarding having your avatar changed: go to the Platinum thread and you'll find Astrolady's (Kathryn's) email adress. You have to send her an email to ask her... she's pregnant now too so apologetic when she forgets... but you have to ask her anyhow.

littlerigger Guest

Ryan does not have conjunctivitis. His tear ducts are blocked and he has some drops for them. It's been a terrible night by Ryan's standards.

hi everyone, typing one handed, just wanted to drop in quick and say hi, i read the thread but will do personals later if i get time.
    Dee

littlerigger Guest

Ok, time to do a normal reply.

Nic – Nixon is such a cutie!!

Tanya – I agree with Nic that Richard should be able to at least do something small. I remember when Matt went back to work I was terrified of doing everything myself but trust me, you find a way. And then you will find yourself getting frustrated when he gets in your way cause you’re used to doing it all!

Enigma – punch your DH Ryan started smiling at 3 weeks and the big grins & giggles started at about 4.5 weeks. He doesn’t smile while pooing but he smiles when I open the gross nappies & laughs when his daddy does cause Matt gags 

Neeny – you’re going great guns. I’ve been SO slack! I really should do more!!

Gabysmum – yay for the nap!!! Any sleep is better than no sleep!!! I have faith in you coping while DH is away. Al the Junies sound like very strong women to me!

IK – your poor pony!! I used to have satin “bibs” for on my ponies to stop wither / shoulder rubs. Do you have one?? They’re GREAT. I agree though, space your appointments out if you can!

Jaspen – are you looking forward to the move? At least it will be warmer!

Bath – I hope Wade’s teeth are coming through ok. Sounds like you have everything under control there!!

Heaven – hope you’re travelling smoothly way up north?

*hugs* to anyone I've missed.

Jaspen - good to hear im not the only one who is being " used " for feeding , comfort and nappy changes...
    Aneta smiles at something.. im sure its a real smile that one , but its not DH or me or anyone but something above our heads somewhere on the ceiling... I read this really random article once that babies see spirits.. so I told my DH she is seeing someone who passed away maybe my grandma , grandad etc. .. now he thinks im insane

Candy - I hope Ryan's eyes clear up quickly - Aneta had it for ages.. she used to wake up with her eye lids stuck together.. couldnt even open it until we washed it .. as for punching DH.. you got urself a deal! I'll give him a good hit when I go to wake him up

Gabysmum - yep , its exactly that way here.. she sleeps through the loudest noise.. as long as its not sudden..

Aneta has her 6 week check up and Hep B shot today.. cant wait to see how much she weighs..

Does anyone elses baby fake their cries? hehehe its sooo funny. Aneta does this thing when she is fed , changed and bored.. she forces cries out of herself , but they dont work so it just comes out like a quiet scream.. then she waits.. no one reacts so she tries again.. you can tell she is desperatly trying to get a real cry to happen but it wont work for her.... if you leave her a bit longer though , the real cry eventually comes ( and disappears as soon as she is picked up )
    I could watch her all day long

alright , im off to give DH that punch... Have a good day everyone!

Hi again Mummies!

Aleise is starting to stir in her baby swing so I can't write much this time.

I had my tax done this morning and I'm going to get a good amount so I guess I should start thinking on what part of the house needs to be fixed first! haha! I hope this year I get to buy myself something 'cause last year I didn't! Anyway will have to wait and see how much Matt is going to get back. Accountant told me its best to claim my medical expenses on his return as it doesn't affect how much I'm getting back 'cause I'm on a lower threshold. Don't you love tax time???

Candy: What do you mean you've been slack? About your craft projects? I didn't realise you had horses - are they close to where you live? I used to go to a riding school when I was in upper primary and high school. My parents could never afford a horse and I wish I could ride again *sigh*.

Tanya: Sorry to hear your DH didn't get you a birthday gift, If you email me your address I can send you a "Qld" gift!

Well I'd better go - got to get to Kmart and buy a zip for this 1920s flapper dress I'm making for the ball on Saturday. I'd better start sewing it today too! Take care all.

Hugs all round.

Neeny xoxo

littlerigger Guest

Enigma - I think Ryan sees "people" too. He always looks past us, over our shoulder and coo's away!

Neeny - Personally I hated tax time this year. last time I got over $1k back. this year, half that!!!! Hopefully Matt will get something better! I have been REALLY slack with my craft I haven't stated or finished anything since Ryan's arrived. I do have horses but they live with my mum at the moment because agistment in the ACT is impossible for us at the moment I miss competing heaps!

Patrick did the cutest thing yesterday afternoon. I had him laying on the pillow behind me while I was helping Jack with his homework and I turned to check him, well he was laying there laughing and smiling at the curtain! Gee, babies have good sense of humours!

Well, tomorrow morning at 8am Jack goes away to his very first camp!
    He made the decision to go because I still had reservations about his wandering and talking to strangers.

Hi gals, I am going to speed post now while I have a quiet baby!

Both kids have a cold atm, they have caught it off DH who caught it from work. Luckily I have avoided it so far, but it is so horrible to see Freya, she is very blocked up and has trouble feeding. She has been so snuffly, I slept with her for a couple of nights because I was so paranoid about her breathing, but last night she was good, she did a 4 hour stretch in her cot, was utter bliss for me!

Had to go to a funeral yesterday (my friend's father) and MIL had to look after the kids for an hour or so. After explaining to her about Freya needing constant attention, being held etc., she announced she was going to cure her of it by ...putting her down! As if it's that simple! I was so offended, did not want to leave after that!

It is so lovely to see everyone's babies in their tickers, what a gorgeous lot of children we have here in the Junies!

OK, she's off again, better go!

Candy - im so glad your baby sees " them " too... hehe... bottlefeeding , blocked tear ducts , seeing things... whats up with Ryan & Aneta?? we should introduce them one day - tell them how much they had in common

Jess - omg! only NOW can i understand how scary it must be sending your child on their first camp... hope the time flies for you and he is home asap!

cant write much , Aneta needs me to hold her and bounce on the fitness ball until I need painkillers ... BUT we just got back from her 6 week checkup and she weighs 4.8kg now... that explains sooooo much .. she's grown 6cm too.. phew! before I know it she'll be too tall to get through doorways heheh..

ok , over and out Junies... i'll try and be back later

littlerigger Guest

Jess - I'll be here if you need to fret while Jack's away. I understand your fears and you know you can always vent away!

Enigma - Maybe Ryan and Aneta are destined to be mates lol! If anything when we introduce them we will freak them out!! Ryan's check up is meant to be monday but we won't be back from my sisters til that afternoon so it will now be on wednesday. (here in the ACT it's called the 6-8 week check)

On a good note, I just won $200 on the radio so I can get my "Ryan" tattoo now!!!

Candy- Congrats on the win!! how did u win it?
    could Ryan & Aneta be smiling at the lights in the house? Nixon quiet often stares up at them & loves the big red ones we have in our kitchen. sorry dont want to put a dampner on seeing other people they very well could be!
    Jess- How many days is the camp? did u give Jack a big talking to about wandering.
    cot my porta cot thismorning from Target. havent had a chance to get it out cause i come back fed Nixon and off to mothers group, just got back and feeding again. the house is a mess! Im leaving DH to unpack his own bag which we'll see how long that takes... I unpacked my stuff and Nixons when we got home on sunday and told dh to get out dirty clothes for me to wash. his bag is still sitting in the middle of the floor and Im not moving it!
    Nixon keeps wetting through his clothes lately, finally i think its time to move on from newborn nappies! I was planning to anyway once i finish what i have, then might try a few different brands and see whats good on him.
    Jo- i hope the kids recover quickly and hopefully you dont catch the cold

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast