Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in June 2006 #4

littlerigger Guest

Nah Nic, he's always looking up into a corner away from the middle of the room.

jo - hope your littlies feel better soon!!

Nic.. shhh! its people ... sounds more interesting that way

Candy - where are you getting the Ryan tattoo?? I wanted a Aneta one , but ive already got 2 tattoos.. promised myself id stop at that

i hear the poetic sound of a baby crying...ciao!

Well I am very excited because Tori has started to smile, she even smiled for the MCHN when we went today.
    She had another weigh in today and has put on 450gm in 2 weeks, so she is now 4605-900gm above birth weight.

I amstill really struggling to settle Tori during the day, she will go to sleep but after iput her down will only sleep for about 30 mins and then wake up. I have tried leaving her in her bassinet to see if she will self settle but it doesnt seem to be working. The MCHN told me at this age they should only be awake for about an hour and a half at a time, but Tori goes from about 8-4 ish with only a couple of cat naps, I am wondering if she is just getting thoroughly over tired and that is making it harder to get her to sleep?

have been trying all afternoon to have a nap, but only managing half hour at a time. Finally DH got home from work and offered to take her so I could have a sleep, andjust as i laid down the neighbour starting cutting their lawn with the whipper snipper...... so there goes that idea! I willhopefully just have to have an early night- if little miss is easy to get to bed.
    Anyway better go, DH has gotten the baby to sleep, got a few things i need to get done!

hi girls,
    well its 1am ... Aneta is sleeping but she had her first immunizations yesterday - and she had a bit of a temperature ( 37.8 degrees ) at 9 pm so im too worried to sleep.
    I cant wait for her to wake up for her feed so i can make sure she's not lethargic or anything...*sigh*....stress stress stress
    the immunization was meant to be given at 8 wks but we were there for the hep b shot. The lady said she cant do just hep b but we can give her the 8 wk immunization - after she reassured me a million times it wont effect Aneta if its 6 or 8 wks we decided to get it today..
    hmmmm god, i hope she will be ok..
    now im stressing for no reason again ...grrrrr

littlerigger Guest

Enigma - I hope Aneta's temp has gone down & she's feeling good. Ryan has his shots on the 11th I want daddy to take him! Did you end up getting some rest? I'm getting my ryan tattoo inside my left wrist. It will be my second tattoo. I think an aneta tattoo is a good enough reason to get a third!

Ali - yay for smiles. they're heart melting aren't they? ryan is also a cat napper during the day but sleeps well at night.

Tanya - hope Lucas' eye is just a blocked duct. it's so easy to treat. let us know how you go! maybe once that clears up he'll settle down!

Good morning boys and girls , reason I am so happy is that I got a FANTASTIC nights sleep last night! Don't want to brag as I know there are a lot of you out there having sleepless nights but it is amazing how upbeat I feel this morning. Alex went down at 8.30 last night (after a bit of struggling mind you) and slept through till 3.30!!! Had a half an hour feed and is now still sleeping at 7am!!! What a good boy he is!!

I definitely hear you tho Tulip and Ali about the small catnaps. Alex is just not interested in anything longer then 20 mins during the day. There have been the very rare times where he has had a longer nap but that is mainly because he has been crying for half the morning that he tires himself out. Sigh, at least I am getting an ok night sleep so can't complain too much.

How exciting for you Ali that Tori is starting to smile! It really is the sweetest thing, bet you were so proud when she smiled for the nurse!!

Nickers we were having that problem of wetting through the nappies for quite some time and I couldnt woirk out why - still can't! The funny thing is that Alex will wet up his back not his front and more often then not his nappy will actually be dry. My aunt suggested he must have a hose down there to be able to do that, you know like when you turn one on but leave it on the ground and it goes everywhere??!!!

Gaby has her first day of daycare today and I thought I was looking forward to the break but now I am not. I think I am going to cry, am getting worried about all sorts of little things like will she remember to say that she needs to go to the toilet, will she be able to nap with the other kids etc. Am sure she will just wave to me and wont have a second thought either!!

Spoke to soon, can hear Alex waking up now. Have a great day everyone.

Morning Junies !

All is well with Aneta , temp has gone down - she was hungry and let out a VERY healthy cry so all is ok .. phew! 1st immunization behind us!..
    Candy - I usually dont care about needles etc. But I had to look away when they stuck it into Aneta's leg.. my poor baby

Well , its been a ***** morning for me Woke up to a VERY angry mother who decided to let out all her stress on me. She went crazy , shouted at me for about 45 minutes straight... about absolutly everything. That ive never accomplished anything in life. That i have ruined Aneta's life and im a bad mother - that im a ridiculous wife .. the list goes on.... I hardly ever cry , but it was so hard to hold it back ( did manage tho - cant let her see she's affected me )...... at the end of this nice " conversation " she told me to move out - because she is sick of seeing me go to sleep and " pretend im tired " while she has to cook dinner for my husband. Yep, thats all it was over - she had to cook dinner for DH because I hadnt made him anything to eat.
    So now , DH , Aneta and I are going to need to find a place to live. I dont have any idea how we are going to manage this... the 1st time in my life that im not working and living off centrelink payments - and something like this comes along grrr.. DH cant work either because he is here on a tourist visa... *sigh*.... keep your fingers crossed for me girls! Hopefully I will find a cheap place to rent , and someone who will actually trust to rent it to an unemployed young couple with a baby

Sorry... needed to vent

Oh Enigma! (((Hugs))) What a witch! How could a woman be so heartless as to throw a new mum and baby out like that??? What does your DH have to say about it? Good grief, some of our mothers are just beyond belief! What's wrong with them? How soon they've forgotten how tiring and demanding having a new baby can be! Are they jealous??? My blood's boiling about this... don't they realise that they are setting themselves up to be lonely old women? Soon she'll be the one needing the support of a family. Maybe you can turn a negative into a positive and actually find yourself a unit to rent... it'll only be for a short time won't it? When do you go back to Poland?

Me: DS has a slight cold... coughing keeping him awake... he said he wanted to go to bed but is up and down like a yoyo... he's tired and needs the sleep (rubbing his eyes) but just won't relax and lie down. Thankfully Niall is sleeping.

Bath thanks for understanding ... my mum has these mood swings , she is my best friend one moment and then like this the next.
    Deep down i know she doesnt want us to leave but she never ever thinks before she speaks in situations like these... why am i making excuses for her?? I dont know. Maybe because i cant imagine saying something like that to Aneta when she is my age and needs my help... ahh well
    DH and I are going back to Poland in January , might actually go back sooner - when Aneta is 3 months old... OMG a 30 hour flight / connection time with a 3 month old... we'll see how the saga unfolds..

Sorry to hear Wade isnt feeling his best... poor little guy if its not his teeth its a cold.. is it hard giving your attention to 3 kids at once??? Im not sure if I could do it... well done

Hi all,

Nixon & I both had grumpy nights last night. i dont know if he gave it to me or i did to him. But he just wanted to be held, he would scream tears,coughing,red face and as soon as he was picked up stop immediately. Cried whilst trying to eat dinner, eventually i had to put him down whilst i finished something and he went silly. DH end up picking him up and got frustrated when he didnt settle for him. He wanted me to settle him but i refused saying if i am the only one that can settle him now we might have a problem later...... DH is really good with him but i still feel i dont get any "me time" even if he has him im always doing things for him, getting his clothes out for his bath, washing or putting out his clothes, getting his night bottle ready. DH thinks this is my time but i don't think it is..anyone else ever feel like this?
    so anyway after arguing bout that i fell asleep on the lounge @ 9.30pm. Dh managed to get his bottle ready himself (amazing he can actually do it!) feed Nixon and wrap him and put him to bed, he woke me at 11pm so go to bed. So he didnt get his "top up" i usually give him but still lasted till 5.45am.
    Today we went to mums and bubs aerobics and he was getting a little grump toward the end, got home and he slept in the car for 1 1/2hrs!

Enigma, you poor thing, Im too really upset that your mum said some nasty things to you. How quickly they forget sometimes. She will regret it later when you do move out and eventually go back to Poland because she wont see either of you...one of the girls in Mothers group was flying to England for 2 weeks today with her 11week old.... i wonder how he goes, i'll let u know when she gets back if she found any handy hints whilst flying.....
    Gabysmum- Thats excellent sleep from Alex good boy! hopefully he can keep doing similar routines! How did Gaby go at daycare? Must have been hard leaving her, im sure she had heaps of fun though!

Enigma - good one, look for a place for 6 months and do your little family a favour I hear you on the hot and cold thing with your mother, but right now you don't need Aneta exposed to that [email protected] It's bad enough at any time, but it can't be healthy to have an infant seeing outbursts as hideous as this coming from someone who at other times is very sweet - very confusing for anyone, let alone a baby who's just getting to know who it can trust for comfort. Maybe try public housing as well? It's hard to get a rental if you are unemployed, unfortunately, but I'm sending positive thoughts to you!
    Tulip - ha, the comment about keeping him awake during the day...DP gave me this one! Only yesterday! And here's the thing...we'd been out of the house most of the day with him in my Hug a Bub, so it's not like he could have been in a deep sleep, even though he was 'asleep' in the sling. He was in and out of the car about 4 times etc. So I just gave DP the 'look'. Anyway, last night was not bad. DP said he was going to give Oscar a bath and I asked him to do it by 9.30 (he usually gets round to it at about 10.30!) so that I could feed him and put him down, and myself down. Well! It seemed to do the trick. DP put Oscar into the bassinet (cos it's tilted and we're trying the theory that a tilt will alleviate wind) and I went to bed, DP following about an hour later. Oscar didn't wake till 3.45am, so that was nice, even though my boobs were full as two googs! I know that this unsettledness doesn't last forever, so that keeps me going. It was harder when I had my cold, but it doesn't last long, in the scheme of a child's life.
    DP copped on to himself and was nice to me when he came to bed last night...and we DTD. I had been trying to tell him that if he had pulled himself away from the computer and not been so surly looking in the last couple of weeks, he would have got some two weeks ago! Anyway, some boy talk yesterday revealed that some friends of ours had DTD 4 times on Sunday - I think that jolted him into realising that we hadn't DTD since the night we brought on labour...5 weeks ago!! Being that I didn't have any trauma to my bits from the birth, I was able for it sooner than many new mummies - stupid DP!!
    OK, got to get to my pony with this boy and I've managed to make myself a nice lunch...a first.
    BTW, Candy - I had on my horse a cotton combo under the canvas and it has a satin lining, but the canvas is too heavy on his unmuscled frame - he really is quite out of condition and I'll need to keep a synthetic on him when he's being spelled from now on. I have a bib but it wouldn't have made a huge difference - he was left unattended cos DP wouldn't take me out there to get the rugs off for me

Well I am feeling pretty exhausted today, Tori was really unsettled last night, and still wont sleep much during the day. As i posted in one of the other threads I am beginning to wonder if she has reflux of silent reflux. I might take her to the Dr. and see what they can tell me.

Enigma Sorry to hear that things with your mum are tense. I hope they get better soon.

Nickers DH and I had a similar 'discussion' last night, while he really does try to help, when he gets home from work he just wants some down time, but what he doesnt realise is that I want some adult company...... and I want him to take Tori for just a little while, especially these days when she is not sleeping so well. He gets frustrated trying to settle her, and hands her back to me, but as I pointed out to him last night, if I cant settle her its just tough luck for me, there is noone for me to hand her too.

IK We tilted Tori's bassinet as well, in hopes that it helps her to sleep, I am willing to try anything to get her back into a somewhat reasonable sleeping pattern.

Bath Sorry to hear that Wade is not well, hopefully it wont last too long.

Well I just happened to walk past Pumpkin Patch today and say that they had a sale so I went in to check it out, I came out witha couple of outfits for Tori, I just couldnt help myself they were so cute.

Anyway better go and start organising dinner

BFing and typing and eating dinner LOL Just got back from the dentist... DD loves going and DS had his first visit... had those molars checked out... all seems fine. However dentist asked if he uses a dummy or sucks his thumb, I said yes as he has recently regressed back into dummy use. Apparently his teeth aren't biting together as well as they could be... uh oh! This could be the cause of his slight lispyness! So warning warning! Don't let your babies use a dummy for too long! I'm glad he isn't a thumb-sucker, what would I do then???

Too tricky... will come back later.

Well here I am sitting on my bed eating chicken and chips listening to my "3" eldest whinge and wondering what my boy is doing!

DH had a major argument today. For the past 3-4 days two friends( if you can call them that) have been ringing him 7-10 times a day sometimes 3 calls in the space of 10 mins!I'm ok with them ringing him, but when he walks outside and stays out there for 30-40 minutes laughing then I get angry!I asked him to tell them not to ring as often but his excuse was that I was being a ***** and cracking the ****s with him. I am angry but not with the fact that he is talking to someone, it is due to the fact that if I am talking to someone he wants to know who I am talking to and what we are talking about, if I walk out then he'll follow me just to hear what I am saying, but when he is talking I'm not allowed to know.
    I have no-one ringing me except Mum and when she rings I can't tell her what is going on because he is always there!
    Sorry for the vent ladies!

littlerigger Guest

I really should write my replies as I read!!

Enigma – words don’t even cover how mad I am at your mum. I hope things work out for you!

Tulip – You poor thing!!! Sending HUGE get well vibes to you! The massage etc is exactly what I have to do for Ryan’s blocked duct.

Gabysmum – Wow what a sleep!!!! Hope that routine keeps up! Personally I think I am finding it really easy to cope with the day cat naps because I can rely on huge night sleeps. His big sleep last night meant I could get started on some scrapping at last. But our lounge room now looks like a bomb site!!

IK – yay for Oscar sleeping so well!! Poor pony. I hope he heals up soon. The good thing about living in western NSW with my horses was that even in winter I never had to double rug or use a really hefty canvas.

Nic & Ali – I have had the same chat with Matt. That I can’t just hand him to someone, I have to just deal with it. Ali, I really hope you get some answers with Tori soon.

Bath – How is Wade feeling today? Thanks for the tip about the dummy. I have a grand plan of taking Ryan’s away by 12 months. My sister has quite terrible teeth due to long dummy use.

Jess – what can I say? *huge hug* I hope things there start to improve. You sure haven’t had it easy!

Rac – how’s it all going that end of the woods?? Are you coping having him home?

I know I’ve missed people but Ryan’s just drifted off so I’m heading for a shower.

Hi Junies !

hehe , its so funny to read how we are all having " THE CHAT " with our partners. They are like little kids - need everything explained to them in simple male-language... " hold baby. me tired. " ... but hey , where would we be without them

Tanya - sorry to hear about the stitches. but now im stressed too - its been 6 weeks and things are still not right down there for me either, i should have had it checked earlier but i refuse to show myself to anymore doctors... *sigh*... hope it gets sorted with minimal pain !

Ali - i try so hard to avoid pumpkin patch ( just like i try really hard to avoid the cadbury stand at the supermarket ).. but i always end up buying something there... CHain Reaction is cheaper and has really nice clothes too.. ( incase you accidently find yourself near one

Jess - any news from your boy at camp?? or arent they allowed to call home??

me - well, my poor dad is trying to convince us to stay ( he loves Aneta so much )... he explained to me yesterday that he has put up with my mums outbursts for 25 years , so I should be ok for another 5 months... poor guy. Still not sure what we will do.. right now we are avoiding each other and that suits me fine.

Aneta slept from 6pm until 1am yesterday - after only eating 100ml... when she finally woke up at 1am she was soaked... even down to the blanket she was sleeping on... I think i might have to get the bigger nappies... anyone else already on to the Infant nappies?? Newborn say up to 5kg

Well what a night we had here last night....... My poor little mite basically screamed from 6- 10:30 and every time I put her down on her back she would be awake in an instant, even after we had tilted the head of the bed. My MIL was back from visiting other family and was holding her before she went out to dinner, and when she fell asleep she went to put her down and she started making funny noises, MIL thought it sounded like a bit of Sleep apnea (sp) (she is a nurse and used to work in the sleep apnea unit at the childrens hospital here) which as you can imagine totally freaked me out.
    Finally when I got her to sleep at 10:30 I tried putting her down on her side, with rolled up nappies either side of her to stop her from rolling over. And what do you know, she stayed asleep, no funny noises, no gasping for breath.......nothing. She slept 4 hours straight, and fed for half an hour.... went back to bed and is still asleep 4 hours later (poor little thing was exhausted, she had slept only 3 hours during the day in little half hour naps) Going to take her to the Dr. today to see if we can find out what is wrong with her, and why ever time I lay her on her back she sounds like she struggles to breath and wakes up (hopefully i can get an appointment). MIL is going to go and buy us one of those angel care monitors today that detect when a baby stops breathing.
    Anyway I will let you all know how it goes if I can get an appointment, and I will come back and do personals later.

littlerigger Guest

Enigma - your comment "hold baby me tired" made me think of a cave man / cave woman scene!!! I spose at the end of the day our boys hold on to their primative roots a little tigher than women do Ryan's been in the infant nappies for over a week now. The newborn ones just kept leaking. I think in saying "up to 5kg" they mean for babies that are small 5kgs!!!! I don't know how much Ryan weighs at the moment. I do know the infant ones we're using are 4-8 kg so there's a bit of an over lap there.

Ali - Maybe your MIL has hit the nail on the head?? Especially with Tori sleeping better on her side!!! Can you give us some feedback on the angelcare monitor once you've used it?? I want to invest in one for when Ryan goes into the big cot in his room (other end of the house).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast