Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #45

finally i got a MCHN around to see us.

My porka weighed 4.3kg which is 850g since birth 4weeks ago.
    and wouldn't yah know it the nurse thought he could be slightly tounge tied...... i have been questioning this since birth and considering there is a family history of it (my brother was and my mother) but i have had a speech path, paed and several LC all say no he is fine.
    Next step im going to get him up to my gp to have a look, fingers crossed he thinks so too and can do a snip then and there.
    Maya- who and where was Oscar done? if the gp says a paed needs to do it i dont wanna go back to the one i have seen cause he will likely say no he is fine.

well the doula had told me that if a c/s was scheduled i would get back $500 which was the birth component. the fact she never called or anything since the day i gave birth is quiet upsetting and angers me too because she had said she is there for 3rd day blues (which i had) and breast feeding help (clearly had problems here) and a visit afterwards even if its just to look after the kids while i have a nap.
    sorry BBL to post more, Tyron's just woken

I would love to go and see the doco, I have written it in my diary and will try to pay over the weekend (I think Kelly said we could direct deposit), Maya do you want to car pool? You could meet me here and I could drive.

I have had a horrible day! Marley is not well, think she just has a cold but she is pretty miserable. That I can deal with, but I went and did grocery shopping as DH is home today. Got home and he said Chelsea had done something that I would be mad at... OK, what?

SHE HAS CUT HER HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not just a little bit, but alot right at the top and across, so short you can hardly grab any hair. I just burst into tears, she looks awful and there is no way to fix it. Cutting the rest is not going to make the top look any better. I was so mad at DH, he said she went inside to go to the toilet then came out after cutting it. Being a man, he doesn't understand. I yelled at her, my blood was boiling and I sent her to her room and told her I was taking away her DVD's and her TV from her lounge room. For those that have seen Chelsea, she has beautiful, reasonably long curly hair. I just love it and we have grown it for nearly 5 years and I am so upset that it is going to take such a long time for the top to grow. What do I do?????? She is going to have to wear a thick head band to cover it. She has dancing tomorrow, where she is supposed to have a bun, I have no idea how I am going to make it look neat. Then I keep thinking of xmas photos, her birthday, school??? She is going to look silly.

I feel a bit silly ranting about something so trivial, you all probably think I am nuts! I just feel so mad, upset, angry, frustrated. I am going out for dinner with some girlfriends tonight, so hopefully that might cheer me up a little.

Who said having girls was easy!!!

Mel – That’s cool that you get 2 whole weeks of at Christmas without having to take annual leave just by working 3 public holidays. Lol at ‘phantom betting’ on the cup. Ahh bless Chelsea trying to calm Marley down, that’s so sweet. If Will’s upset then Oscar will often go up to him and give him a hug and say its alright bubba – so sweet. Lol at Marley dancing in the pram to supermarket music – how cute.

Tali – lol at Kai sticking her lips out and stamping her feet in the shops – oh yes its going to be fun later. Hope she’s feeling abit better with her teeth.

Amanda – Understand that you feel boohoo about Cidy’s last bf but you did so well to last so long! Good luck with you househunting – sounding quite urgent now. Read your boohoo – one man needs a kick and the other a hug!

Maya – your camping trip sounded great even with the rain. Not sure about dogs chucking up in cars though – yuk! Hope your exam went well and glad you got there just in time!

Jess – wow at having to push the car so far – does sound like a particularly horrible night!

Rory – we don’t usually have any trouble getting Will down – just problems of him waking in the night for his dummy or too early in the morning. Ikwym about the fine lines re ‘wanting own way’ and ‘getting so upset’ on the tantrums. I think I am harder on Oscar than Will at the moment as I can see when Oscar is trying to bend things his way but not really with Will – although Will has a shocking temper on him and scream with rage sometimes at various daft things, sometimes we leave him to stew a little then cuddle him if he’s getting beside himself. Will is teething with his canines too at the mo and its making him very sensitive and sometimes downright miserable – ran out of nurofen and panadol at the mo so must go fetch some more before tonight!

Bath – sounds like you and your DH have the same arguments that we do about not getting a break apart from when they are asleep. James does look after them sometimes in the day but has only once taken them out somewhere – and that was after just on eof those arguments! Good don him for sorting the laundry though.

Ali – yay for being on mat leave and so nice of your school to give you a hamper.

Nic – how awful the lack support from your doula – definitely ask for your money back – she’s missed the whole point of having a doula. I do understand about being reluctant to ask as its so arkward and im not good with confrontation myself even when I know im in the right. Very out of order of her though, Good luck! Boohoo to your dh for getting up, messing your kitchen up and then nicking your breakfast! Kick up the bum from me!

Well quite a nice week had by us. Tuesday was walking group followed by a little Melbourne cup gathering at one of the ladies house – I won $15 in our sweepstake as my horse came in second – yay! It was really nice round at the ladies place too – she had an amazing garden and home so set up for kids (she has 3) so I could just relax and not worry about the kids touching breakable stuff or getting into things they shouldn’t.

Had a phone call from the builder on Wednesday morning at 8.20 – me and kids stil in pjs and I’d just told James he could have the car for the day as I couldn’t be bothered to go anywhere – anyway they wanted us to go on site that day to talk to the tillers! Fortunately James hadn’t left yet so he helped me get the kids sorted and me sorted and I dropped him at work and drove the 40 or so minutes down to the house – put Will on my back in the ergo and oscar held my hand – they were surprisingly good while I was there and it was so exciting to see – we shoul ddefinately be in by mid Decemeber yay! So ive gone and booked the painter 9for before we move in), the carpet man (just before Christmas) and the floorboard man (Feb) and even the fence man (Mid dec) so it had better be finished now! Went to Freedom last night as they had a sale on and bought 6 blinds.

Had a fantastic call from centrelink today – turns out they are putting just over $2000 in our account on Monday – had no idea – how fab – that should cover the costs of the blinds/curtains for the house and the moving costs with abit left over so am a very happy camper today!

Might have to pick up some sparkly wine on the way home from picking up DH tonight!

Hope you all have a great weekend

Julie x

ah Mel - poor you and Chelsea's hair - nightmare situ! I know chaps just don't understand the hair thing. No consolation but i guess by christmas that the cut bits should be long enough to at least lie flat so its not noticable! I totally understand why you would be upset.
    Hope you enjoy your meal out tonight.

Nic - good news on you at least getting $500 back but i know that woul dnever make up for the complete lack of support she has shown you at the times she should have. How annoying about Tyron's possible tongue tie not being noticed by all the other you had previously asked - so frustrating when you've been having a nightmare feeding time. Hope you get a definate answer soon so hopefully the problem can be solved.

Julie x

I'm not going - I think I will wait til its on SBS or ABC (which I am sure it will be one day). I can't guarantee what state I will be in (ie: labour or post-labour LOL!!)

Oh Mel you poor thing, I am not sure what you can do either, are you game enough to take a photo to share? ( it will be good to pull out on her 21st). I did a very similar thing when I was about that age, but I cut a triangle out of my fringe right before my kindy photo.

Wish I could go guess I will have to wait until ABC or SBS

Nic- what a good weight gain at least you now may know why he doesnt like the boob hopefully if its fixed you will still be able to feed him.

Mel - I feel your pain thankfully so far May hasn't gone that far but I can see her doing it one day as she always tells me that she want straight hair not curly so I sit and wait for the day that she trys to cut off her curls, I too once did this to my own hair when I was in yr 1 I came out of class without the front part of my hair. mum was not happy and when asked why I did this I told her the mentally disabled child in my did it, I think that made her more angry as I was lying I dont remember but its always one of those stories that come out every now and then.lol kids will be kids hope it grows back fast.

Well we went to DS swimming caraval today he is getting pretty good but just loved to spin while swimming in the water but they mainly played games as it was at the end of the day we stayed on just for a bit of a swim I was surprised that I was the only mum who stayed on. I just didnt see the point of following the bus back to school, unless you had older kids at the school but I know that of the very few parents who did show there kids are the oldest aswell.

anyway hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Amanda- Good luck with this weekend hunt will send up a little prayer for you

Just quickly....

Oh Mel!!!!! Agggghh! I know I know! Been there! Verity did the same thing when she was about 4. Attacked her fringe... lucky it wasn't too bad and she was wearing headbands to cover it for ages too.... it's so hard not to loose the plot! I did too but ended up apologizing to her because it occurred to me that it wasn't done out of defiance, just curiosity. It you are game enough to post a piccy I could see what could be done... I think she will eventually understand the semi permanent nature of doing it soon enough too... the penny dropped with Verity after about 2/3 days and she got quite upset. I think nearly all girls try it... she's unlikely to do it again if that's any consolation! In the meantime have a lovely meal out tonight... and/or have a Mother's Helper to soothe your nerves! (the glass of wine I have whilst cooking dinner - witching hour- for the uninitiated LOL)

ETA: Speaking of Verity: OMG I am so proud of her! She was part of a state-wide standardized exam for reading, writing, spelling ans maths (an AIMS exam). And the results have been mailed to us. Her results were graphed according to national bench-mark, state average, expected average and the equivalent year level. I was pleased to see that she performed well above the national bench mark and the state average in all subjects except maths where she was spot on average. She is writing at above year 8 level!!! (she is in year 7) She is also well above expected level for spelling! And here I thinking that she was struggling a bit this year! Maybe it's just relative (there are a lot of high achievers at her school)... anyhow, with the final installment of her school fees due soon i am at least able to pay them knowing that we are getting our money's worth!!! I'll reward her this weekend somehow
    Last edited by Bathsheba; November 9th, 2007 at 05:38 PM.

OMG MEL!! Noooooooooooooooooooooo! She had the same hair that I did until my dad cut it short!!!!!! it never grew back the same, but that could have been just a hormonal thing that was always going to happen, so don't fret that she'll have hair like mine LOL! I say just cut it all boy short and let it all grow out at the same time. From one curly girl to another...
    BTW, got my hair cut today, too - shaggy shoulder length, so it's a little funky...not at all neat and tidy!
    Gotta go, kid is whingy and I just cleaned him up...after he found a dog poo...I won't go into details, use your discretion (no, he didn't eat it!)...

Mel!! I just read your post - I must n't have refreshed the page!! What a little bugger!!!!!

Losing straight hair to stray scissors is one thing, losing fine, curly hair is just not trivial! It's monstrous! I feel the pain, Mel. Anyway, yes, we can carpool, although I was thinking that it might not be far from the train station...then we can have bubbly whilst we're there...
    Nic, I dunno, I think I'd be pushing it a bit further with her - it's clear that for a birth with intervention, she'd really want to earn her pay, wouldn't she? Like, I thought it would be obvious that a debrief was part of her toolbox for her clients??? You could tell her that you are in contact with A LOT of birthing women and if anyone should happen to email or PM or ask you about her services, you can only recommend against hiring her. Great about the MCHN! Call around different GP clinics (I know that this is normally frowned upon), because there ARE GP's who will do this in the clinic for you...at this age it isn't necessary to send them off to a paed because the frenulum is so thin. When you leave it and need to do it later, the kid needs a paed, sedation or anaesthetic. I called one clinic that I was referred to and the appointment was too long away, so on a whim, I called my local GP and asked if she did it and voila! She did, so I slotted myself in. But I would have called around till I found one. There are no real disadvantages to getting it cut - there are no nerve endings there and the babies object more to being held down with mouth open than to what happens to their tongue! Oh, and the sooner the better, because it will take a bit for him to learn to feed properly. In more ways than one, it couldn't hurt to get it done!
    Well done, Verity!

Thank you so much girls, I am feeling better today. Had a couple of Mothers Helpers out at dinner last night (thanks Bath!!) and that did the trick. MIL came over last night before I went out and she was just a mortified as me and asked if she could take her to the hairdressers, which I readily agreed to. I didn't want to take her incase they wanted to cut it all off. Thankfully, they didn't need to, they just layered the back and cut a bit of a fringe to use as a flap to cover the really short part. I just need to pull it across the bald bit and clip it, not too bad. It is only hair, and it will grow back. I have put pics on my homepage under "Chelsea after cut!". See for yourself what a job she did!

Julie - well done on the $2000, what a bonus. It will be so exciting to move into your new place and one with blinds lol!

Ali - I am hearing so many stories of little girls cutting their hair, so glad my child is not alone lol!!!!

Tali - another hair cutter too!! Sounds like a great day at DS's swimming carnival. I am sure he loved that his mum stayed around to watch.

Bath - how fantastic, you must be a very proud mum. Pass on my congrats to Verity. Have you decided what her reward will be, I am sure she has her eye on something nice.

Maya - I bet your hair looks awesome cut a little shorter. I was going to get them to snip Chelsea's hair off, but I was too scared!!!! They layered it, so hopefully when it does eventually grow it won't look too silly. Hairdresser said that it was lucky she has light coloured, curly hair as its easier to hide mistakes. You cannot do anything to cover up on straight hair. One blessing I suppose. Oh not dog poo again! I am glad you clarified it by saying he didn't eat it. I don't mind driving, I hate catching the train at night - too creepy!!!!

Nic - so sorry, I missed your post in my time of ranting! Tyron is gaining weight well and how frustrating that you seem to be getting no where with the tongue tie issue. Hopefully you will find someone who'll take you seriously. $200 is still alot to pay for someone who did nothing! See how you go, but I would try to fight for some more back. She did do what she said she was going to.

Dinner out was fantastic lastnight and for those in Melb, it was called Blue Corn in St Kilda (Mexican food) and it was brilliant, very unusual but great flavours. It was the perfect tonic for my stressful day. Quiet one today. Marley is still not 100%, but her nose is drying up and she is starting to become a bit happier. Going to the Berwick Baby & Kids Market tomorrow, should be fun. Better go and do my fruit and veg shopping before they close!

Everyone have a great weekend

Oh Mel, I can see why you were so devastated that she cut her hair, she cut a fair hunk out of it didn't she. I'm glad that you now have a way to cover it up some, big hugs.

Well we're still waiting to here about the houses, hopefully by Monday we will know. God we only have a week until we move and no house, bloody moving is so stressful.

hugs xoxo

Mel - oooo she took quite abit off didn't she! I guess as soon as it grows back a little it will fine as soon as you can't see her scalp - and it does look ok with the clip in now - if you didn't know already i don't think anyone would guess. Can see why you were so upset. ......Photos to show her when she is an adult!

Amanda - poor you, must be so stressful being so close to having to move and still no word ont he houses - good luck - hope you get good news on Monday.

Well we went to see the house today and iam pretty mad. The tilers must have left as soon as the foreman and i left on wednesday and have not been back as not a single tile has been laid!!! They were supposed to have finished by tomorrow! The builders will be getting a preety stressed email on Monday followed by a phonecall if i haven't heard anything by 10am!

Hope you are all having a good weekend

Julie x

Mel: checked out Chelsea... gee she cut it quite short didn't she! But you've concealed it nicely with that little clip. Her saving grace is that she has fine wispy hair... Verity's was thicker and straighter and it really stood out more.

I'll do personals on Monday... geeze it's after midnight AGAIN and here I still am... tsk tsk No hiding now that sis is a member... she sends me PMs telling me to go to bed but she's just as bad playing Wheel of Fortune all hours of the night! LOL and I saw you on MahJong again the other night Mel! hehe I can't for the life of me work out how that highest score was achieved I got out a game with all perfect matches and it still didn't take me any higher...

Amanda - thank you! I tend to freak out a bit too much sometimes lol!!! Its only hair. You have more to worry about with moving, sending big, huge positive house vibes to you for Monday.

Julie - I even kept the hair she cut off and that will be coming out, along with the photos, at her 21st! I'd be peeved at the tiler too, thats pretty slack. Time to kick some butt!

Bath - its now 12.40am and I am on here tsk, tsk, me too LOL!!! I am really glad that Chelsea has fine hair now, I used to think it was a nuisance, but not now! I can imagine Verity's as her hair is so thick. Mahjong is so addictive! But I have been good these past few days. You need to pick a game that has 4 full sets of tiles (like the one I play, 4 or 5 clicks to the left) to get a high score. You get more points for matching the seasons (you prob already know that) so that bumps the score up. I managed to reach 2nd place with 588 but can't crack the 600. It think thats why I am so addicted, I just want to try and beat the high score!

Got Chelsea some headbands so it covers up her hair a bit better, she is very happy with her selection. Had a friend come over tonight, it was his birthday and we cooked up an Asian feast. We had prawn rice paper rolls, spring rolls, chinese pork spare ribs with plum sauce and then to top it off, home made banana and pineapple fritters with golden syrup and icecream!!! My arteries are clogging just typing this LOL!!! It was delicious, but very filling. He has only just left, and I am not really that tired yet. Prob will be tomorrow. My SIL can't go to the market with me tomorrow, so I need to decide if I am going to go. Might do some gardening instead and start my herb garden.

Sleep tight everyone!

Hi girls, me again at 4.40am. Can't sleep (cue: sheepish grin). If I didn't know better I would think labour had started - bubs is pushing so hard into my pelvis, I think that was what woke me up! Only reason I am nervous about it (I am technically 37 weeks and "Full Term" tomorrow if you consider 2nd Dec to be my due date so transfer from birth centre to hossy for a pre-term is no longer an issue) is because I bought tickets to the Spaghetti Western Orchestra as an early surprise birthday pressie for DH for next Saturday! So a long and nervous wait to see if my money was wasted LOL!!

Hey ladies,
    I'm still alive.
    The long awaited meet came yesterday. We took Kate out to meet L*** and I believe it was a success. They got along really well and even his partner was there which was interesting to say the least.I was good, I didn't kill her even though boy did I want to, 8 yrs has made me angrier I guess.

Kate has been spending a lot of time with Shazz and I guess that has made things a bit easier, although because I am now in contact with L***, Dh and I are on the warpath with each other. Dh doesn't want me to talk to the ex, but eveytime I try to explain to him that I have sharing the past 8 yrs of Kates life with him, he thinks I want him back....Which I absolutely DO NOT! I just want him to be proud of his daughter. Kate has decided to call her bio dad,L***, his partner, Aunty S***, his mum S*****, and his dad D***. His girls haven't met Kate yet and I'm a bit concerned why, but I guess L*** will explain in due time.
    Pat has been running around and it's starting to become apparent that his lazy eye that I noticed from birth, might actually be impairing his vision, knocking into walls , etc.... Will get it checked when I can.
    Mel- I hear you about cutting of hair! Bella did hers the other day! Down to the scalp in the front!Thank god she has got a long piece to cover it!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast