Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #46

jaspen!!! toy catalogues get the same treatment here too!

Bath- thats great news you for the MA!! Hope she is nice and works well for you. That seems like a pretty reasonable price to pay also.
    yep well i have already informed Kelly about the doula and if anyone were to ever talk to me about doula's i would be telling them one to steer clear of. Wordofmouth is such a pwerful tool, it shouldnt be taken for granted.
    jess- i have read that b4 too but so funny how easily i can read it!

Bath - thats awesome news about the MA and she sounds perfect. I'm sure she'll enjoying helping out with the kids and giving you some to do other things. Seriously, I think work is my sanity saver. With the side gate, can you put something in front of it that the kids can't move or knock over? Then hopefully Wade won't be able to climb it.

Rory - the calm verses elated feeling I could so relate to when you described it in your birth story. At the time, I couldn't understand what felt different but having you describe it that way made perfect sense. It is a very different feeling, but still wonderful. Thats fantastic news that all is going well so far, and I think if you a calm about things, then everything will just fall into place. Oliver probably picks up on how relaxed your are about things. Flynn sounds like he is taking to his brotherly duties very well. LOL about you thinking about work! Your pregnancy hormones must have disappeared. Good idea having something to watch during the night, hope you don't get too addicted to ER, its one of my favourite shows and the early seasons were the best (love Sex in the City too!). Can't wait to see your xmas pics.

Jess - I write left handed but use my right hand for most other things (weirdo, I know!!!!). I saw that text on Facebook and its so weird how easy it is to read.

Nic - it is so hard to keep germs away from a new baby, I hope Ty stays "germ free". It makes me so mad about that doula! Once you have your money back, it might be quite helpful for you to put your feelings on paper and send them to her. I think she needs to understand how much she let you down and how upset you feel about the whole experience. Hopefully that will help you feel better about the situation and realise that you didn't make the mistake - she did.

Jaspen - losing posts is the pits, esp if its a long one. Catalogues around here are prized possessions!! Esp the toy ones, Chelsea cuts them up and pastes them and chooses which things she wants until I explain that she can't have everything. Marley just loves scrunching them up.

Tali - just another reason why you need to move to Melb LOL!

Worked today and it was another super busy day. Left at 2.30 to head to my meeting in town which finished about 5.30. I got home at about 7.15! I had to drop a work colleague back at work to pick up her car but the traffic was pretty bad. I was so glad the kids were still up as I hadn't seen them at all today. One downside to working. The upside was they were so happy to see me, Chelsea ran outside and nearly jumped on me, Marley just ran up to me smiling with her arms out - I just love that part. One more work day tomorrow. Chelsea has her kinder xmas party tomorrow where all the families bring a picnic for dinner and we just sit outside on our blankets, while the kids run around and have lots of fun. Santa makes an appearance and hands out a present. Its going to be a very balmy night, so should be lots of fun.

I have the whole series of both Sex & the City(season 1-6) and Friends (season 1-10) on dvd!

actually Freinds is doing the rounds atm. (b4 it just started back on telli) i start from the start (season 1) and watch an episode when i go to bed, or when i am feeding Tyron through the night (beats The mint & dam pro active crap!)

how nice is that seeing your kids get all excited when you get home! Actually mum took Nixon for me this arvo for the night and he cried when he was in the car and i waved bye bye to him (

Nic - how sad (but cute too!). Thats great that your mum can have him overnight, must give you a bit of a break. Babies are so much easier to look after than toddlers!

Love Friends, its great they have it back on.

The Mint is atrocious!!! Its such crap, I can't believe people spend their time trying to win money on it.

well it seems this pregnancy is not off to the breezy start I could have hoped for so am a bit emotional at the moment.

I went to docs for results this morning which started out as yeh good but then when I asked about the numbers he said well actually the HCG is nothing to worry about its all normal and won't tell us much more but the progesterone is a bit low - he then started to ask me am I feeling pregnant which I replied well nothing like my first two so now he is concerned that there is every chance I have or will miscarry as that is what low progesterone can indicate. in his words if I haven't miscarried before then he wants to do an ultrasound in 3 weeks to check for a heartbeat - doesn't want to do it any earlier cause it can still be so much touch and go as to whether you'll see anything - in case I have a missed m/c. You know how you just know when somethings not quite right well it seems I might have been right.

my hcg was 750 and progesterone 29 - I think - I was reading from a distance and over his shoulder. I'm sure it had on the form that progesterone in 1st trimester should be 30-100 but I've sinced searched on web and they have anything from 9 -90 depending on the website and some would suggest that the hcg may even be a bit low - I so don't know what to think

I'm so sad now and don't know how I"m going to wait the three weeks (especially with xmas jsut before hand) without going insane. I have so much to do and now don't want to do any of it.

Sorry this is all about me.

Anyway will bbl to go through the rest of the thread and reply but if I disappear for a while you'll all understand why.

Of course it's all about you, Jas - it's so allowed to be! It's pretty cruel to have you waiting all that time, particularly at this time of year. Is there just no way to check sooner?
    I got a kid who refuses to go to sleep - he didn't sleep for long enough in the car and I didn't want to leave him there...so he woke up when I brought him in...

Jaspen- oh im sorry your doctors visit didnt deliver all the happy news it should. It certainly will be a hard few weeks, as Maya said can it not be sooner? I think the first scan ive seen with both Nixon & Tyron was from about 6weeks when the heart starts beating? In another week your bubs heart should start beating (i think) and maybe they could do a quick scan if he has one in his office?
    Thinking of you, i really hope its all precaution but nothing to worry about.
    the levels are pretty random i was worried wth Tyron that my hcg were not high enough when i first got them my gp told me they were sitting at about 3-4 weeks when i was 5-6weeks. then i did the same thing and sarched the net to find out the numbers varied so much it was inconclusive.
    Last edited by nickers; December 6th, 2007 at 01:49 PM.

Jaspen - big hugs to you - sorry about your drs news - hope its unfounded and you have a great scan with strong hb in 3 weeks. I really feel for you though - that is such a long wait of not knowing.

take care

Julie x

Jaspen - I have everything crossed that all is fine but I know the waiting must be horrible. Stay strong and we are all here if you need us :hugs:

Good morning girls (wasn't last night a shocker... 29'C!!! Ugh! Lovely now though... I can feel the temp falling falling to a much more sensible expected high of 24'C ...aaaaah)

Jaspen: Oh darl I didn't have time to leave a proper message in here for you yesterday hence the little "shared love" but the girls are right: we're all thinking of you, hoping for the best outcome... please keep us posted because we are here for you duringthe long wait!

Jaspen I hope and pray that all will be ok. our thoughts are with you..

can you just tell doc you want a ultrasound my friend had heaps as she asked for them?

Jaspen hope all is well - please let us know how you are travelling :hugs:

Ollie got weighed today - BF babies should put on at least 100g a week - he put on 300g. Funny thing is the MCHN tried to insist I take a booklet on how to BF.....

Hi girls,
    A big hug and congratulations to Nic and Rory on their new arrivals, not too long now Ali and it will be your turn.
    Jaspen A big hug and lots of :sticky vibes: being sent your way babe.
    Bath I hope Niall's ear is better today poor baby.
    Nic, Allanah was my run away child, this one time she was playing out the back in a pink TuTu when the phone rang, I went in and answered thinking she was safe playing inthe back yard, Anyway spoke to my sister for about 5 mins when there was a knock on the door and the lady from down the street was in her nightie holding my naked 20mnth old and her trike, seems she sliped out the side as the girls left the gate open when they went to school, she decided to ride her bike down the street naked, I freaked and was really embarrassed but mostly thankful that this women had the sence to grab her and bring her home. I wish your neighbour had more sense and compassion.

Wow look at all our babies/ toddlers. Growing up so fast.

Well I really haven't been around an aweful lot for months now, just a quick post in the meet up thread. As you can imagine life is pretty busy being on my own with 5. Michael will be home in just over a week for Christmas and into the new year although he has been asked to stay and work, I can't believe he even asked me if it was ok, dahhhh.....NO!! He's already working an extra week and all his family is turning upfrom next week for a big King Family Christmas reunion. His parents have been married for 50 years and we are all getting together, he's one of 7.
    Well we decided that we are absolutely positively not having anymore. I love babies but raising all of them can be a tedious thankless task, lol.
    Up coming events WE are off to the Wiggles concert next weekend, very exciting, Nathan loves them.
    I'm off to the double headed in April, lucky me (well I think I'm lucky) is off to see Maroon 5 (3rd row seats, yay) and Matchbox Twenty. I'm so excited about going. I love their music. That is my Christmas and Birthday presents, my girlfriends from Tieri are coming with me. I can't wait.
    Brianna had her graduation from Primary school on Wednsday night. She is so excited about going to high school, ( I keep reminding her it's Middle school, as it makes me feel better, lol) She seems to young, I don't want to let go but I know that the apron strings need to start being loosened.
    Allanah is really excited about going to prep, She keeps telling people, anyone who will listen that she is getting uniforms and a big bag and a lunch box. So cute, so here starts my daily school runs again, no matter what, competing for car spaces, dealing with all those impatient people on the roads, I could go green, I should go green and walk to and from school, but I have gotten soooo lazy, I just don't want to do it, lol.
    I am still breastfeeding Nathan on demand, although now that he's bigger and stronger I have to be careful what I wear as he seems to think they belong to him and he'll get them out when ever he feels like it, lol.
    We are off to the Carols in the Park on Sat night in the city, My BF from Tieri and her family are here so we are going together, I'm so grateful to be going with them as I really wanted to go but with 5 on my own it can be difficult and stressful in crowded places. Particulrly for toilet breaks. One goes all must go, is my motto.
    Well I've certainly clampered on about me enough. Glad to see most of you are doing well, :hugs: to those that are having a rough trot, remember tomorrow is always a fresh day.
    Happy birthday Jess for the other day. I'll try to pop back in later.
    Dee
    Edit: Rory what a gutsy guts, lol, and hahaha at the MHN about the breastfeeding booklet.

thanks ladies I'm still here with nothing new to report yet (which is good I think), had some pain across the lower abdomen today but that can be positive or negative so who knows- I do think I'll be trying to get the ultrasound a little earlier than he wanted - maybe give it one more week and then ask - I would have thought 7 weeks (given I think I only ovulated a couple of days late so am pretty sure about my dates) should tell one way or the other. Thanks again for everyones support though - it means so much to me and is helping me in more ways than you know.

Tali - thanks for your message but today and tomorrow have been/will be flat tack for me with Tupperware (sort of good in a way as it keeps my mind off things)- hopefully next time you're down this way (if you get back down before you head to Melbourne). Your generosity is beautiful.

Rory - I actually had similar problems with midwives when I was leaving hospital wanting to give me a pile of BF stuff even though I was competently feeding him and did so with my first for 10 months.

Jaspen- so sorry to hear, I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that everything will be fine for you.

Dee- Great to hear from you, I find myself busy enough with 1 and a husband, I just dont know how you do it with 5! Enjoy having DH home for christmas.

Well sickness raines supreme in our house, Tori was sick with Gastro on Wednesday which was fun, but luckily got over it quite quickly. Then last night Pete and I both got sick with it, we were up all night throwing up and trying to get Tori back to sleep because a) she is teething and b) the noise of us being sick was disturbing her. After 8 hours of throwing up every 30 mins for me I seemed to settle down a bit and DH was luckily only sick 4 or 5 times. I was convinced I was going to burst my waters, and go into labour, but thankfully no, I have told the litle man to stay put a few days and let me recover.
    Anyway after the whole house going down for a sleep we are feeling a little better, I am a bit hunrgy just trying to decide what to eat!

I hope everyone is well, I will come back tomorrow and catch up on eveyone's new properly.

did i miss something Jaspen, do you sell Tupperware also?!!
    geez we could almost start a team called "Junies" lol with a rep in each state! Got NSW, VIC & QLD covered!

ali- thats horrible to be sick so far along in your pregnancy, hope your feeling a bit better tonight.

i went and had the santa pic done today! both boys were perfect i will scan the pic in and let u knowwhen i put it in the gallery.

we just had a massive storm here, reminded me what Sydney storms are like, never really got them like this in melbourne, i just sat watching it is was unbelivable, but the thunder was so loud and cracking (i get a bit scared lol)

yeh Nic - I started back in May and went hard for about 4 mths but have eased off substantially - have had another couple of biggish weeks but now getting the cancellations coming into Xmas as people realise they have to be somewhere else.. Only really did it so I could get it cheap but with the serious addicts around the place - selling to them can also get a bit addictive when it means you are going to get bonus stuff

Ali - hope you and your family's health improves real soon

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast