Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #46

Default Babies Born June 2006 #46

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Tali, I meant to say last week re: your photos - I don't blame you for just taking the free one! I one a free portrait sitting and I went along to it, strongly believing I'd just take that one home. Alas, the photos were so unexpectedly good that I bought a set for $240. I was really expecting that the pics would turn out like the ones I've seen taken at the shopping centre aisle stalls and dreading the results and was pleasantly suprised. So far, no-one has guessed that I got them done by Pixifoto, and when I tell them, they do a double take and say "surely not!".
    Kid's asleep and I need to put him down so that I can keep going with my niece's painting and some soap making...

hey ladies how are you all

rory and ali - fingers crossed you girls go a bit early given you seem so mentally ready to go. I must say I keep checking in to see if you've had your bubs yet or are in the throws so to speak.

Tali - i go the free photo all the time - only if I think they have some good ones (or the inlaws are on my back do I get the extras)

Amanda - hope the move went ok and that you'll be back online real soon - we're still in the throws of deciding whether or not to move again - I so understand the stresses involved.

Nic - how are you and Tyron doing today??? you know you always have our support whatever you choose to do. no guilts no second guessing - do what's right for you and Tyron and what makes you happy!!!

Jess - hope things are settling down for you

Hi to everyone else - Bath, Mel, Maya, Julie, Gabysmum (good to see you again - loved your photos of junies bubs all grown up) and anyone else I've missed. Had better run and hang out the washing so it has time to dry before dark.

Well DH has just called and told me he has had enough of his job and rung up one of the numbers he was given by a friend and was told that by feb there will be shut down work that flys out of Melb with the possablity of full time work Yippy looks like we might be moving soon than latter. Plus the Navy always needs civvy instrators and as he was one down there while he was in and on much less money he said he will go ask his old boss when we go down at christmas for a job, if he cant get full time work in the mines but I doult that as DH is good at what he does and isnt afraid of hard work, so I cant see not getting work onces he does the shut down.

Jaspen - where are you thinking of moving? I too move all the time I am hoping once I down in melb I will feel happy and stay put for once.

Maya- I normally go to pixi but this time I thought I would give the traveling one ago it was baby and bears or something like that much more expencive than pixi if I had known that then I would have gone to pixi as you get a bigger photo anyway. maybe I will just book with them soon.

Plus I feel really bad I really didnt want this to happen but it has I have only ONE pixi photo of kai while I have atleast 6 of the other two. I so didnt want to be one of those mums who forgot about her youngest baby, as it wasnt really the case as I was just so busy last year doing it all by myself that time just sliped away. Lucky I dont really have the others photos up, but I have been so slack with her she doesnt even have a scrap book done yet or a toy box poor little darlin I do love you.

Jaspen - did I miss something - YOUR PREGNANT!!!! How fantastic for you and your family.

Ali - Tori is such a little dag!!! She would have looked very funny gigging out to the music. Marley really loves music too. She often jiggles in the supermarket trolley while I am going up the aisles (and the music is usually so bad during the day LOL!!!!!). I think the final weeks of pregnancy go so so slow, just got with it and enjoy it. Your new family of 4 is not far away.

Maya - your photos are the best I have seen from pixie photos. More natural than their usual ones.

Tali - I am like you and have heaps of photos of Chelsea and not nearly as many of Marley. I feel bad when people come over and see them, hope they don't think I favour one more than the other. I have so many in my digital camera, but just haven't printed them off. Might have to make that a new year job.

We have been trying to decide what to buy my dad for xmas, he's very hard to buy for. I have talked to my brothers and we have decided to get a family photo done. My SIL has a fantastic camera so we are going to head to the Botanical Gardens next weekend and get my brothers friend to take heaps of shots. We will get one family one with all of us including kids, then one of each family and one of just my brothers and I? Hopefully we get a few good ones and then we will get it enlarged and get it framed. I will go nicely in Dad's new place. What do you guys think of that as a present?

Work today, very busy morning then I had to leave at 2pm to go to a meeting in Canterbury. Realising it was close to Mailing Rd, I rang my boss and asked her if she wanted to meet there a little earlier. We had a coffee and walk up the street, it's such a beautiful shopping area. They have the most divine baby clothes shop (very expensive, but so cute!), it just got me so clucky seeing all those little clothes.

Jaspen - holy moly - congratulations!!!!!!

Tali - yay on being able to move down to Melbourne sooner than you thought.

mel - bugger about DH having to work all those hours over christmas. Xmas pressy for you dad sounds like a great idea. having a giggle at the thought of Marley bopping away in the trolley all around the supermarket.

Ali - bless Tori and her dancing at the pub - so funny. You've done so well not putting on hardly any weight this pregnancy. Soon be the four of you now - can't wait to meet your little one!

Rory - only 9 days - wow - so exciting! Good luck and hope it all goes great.

Nic - Big:hugs: to you - you really have done everything possible, please don't feel guilty, being a happy mummy is far more important to your bubs - but you know that already

Hi Maya, Bath, Gabysmum and anyone i have missed.

House seems to be going well here, we have a practical completion date of 6th Dec so we do an inspection then and arrange to pay final money once we'be managed to get the bank to value it - then the keys are ours! Painter is going in on the 10th and the builders have said that even if we don't have the keys by then they will let him go in so that is a huge weight off my mind so we should definately be able to move in on the 17th.
    Had a nice but busy weekend involving swimming, 2 parties, shopping and sleeping!
    Had a pants day again with Oscar getting hit by a bike during our walking group but won't go on about that one as i think most of you have seen my Boohoo, poor chappy but it could have been so much worse - still feel sick thinking about it. An elderley tourist was killed by a cyclist not far from us a few weeks ago on the same path (although i think he ended with a heart attack - but it was after being hit by a bike). Enough said there i think. (TALI - i am hoping that that was number 3 thing gone wrong after Will's tooth and the glass episode!)

But on the whole all good here - better start thinking about packing!!!! Oscar's birthday on friday so will make some muffins to take to playgroup and dh is having the afternoon off from work so will be nice. I can't beleive he's 3 already it just gone so fast. He talks just like a normal person now which is great but i can't help wondering where my baby has gone!Then swimming on Saturday and we are having a tiny party for Oscar on the Sunday morning - only around 10 kids coming but my triplet plus 1 friend's kids are abit sick at the mo so maybe only 6!

Hope you are all having a great day

Julie x

Thanks Mel and Julie - I haven't officially announced anything yet cause something just doesn't seem right - I have only one symptom and a positive pregnancy test to convince me I am pregnant - all my normal symptoms aren't apparent so not too confident about it all yet. Also came as a huge shock cause we weren't planning and I thought we'd managed to miss ovulation but it seems not!! (I am exstatic though but just trying to contain it in case)

Julie - poor Oscar and poor you I hope you are feeling a bit better after the bike accident

Mel/Ali - yeh Samuel's the trolley dancer too - its very cute but you do sometimes wonder about their taste in music LOL

Anyway BBL got breakfast to sort
    Last edited by jaspen; November 28th, 2007 at 07:02 AM.

Jaspen - hesitant congratulations here then. Hopefully it will be a sticky baby!

Pat has been velcro baby for the past couple of weeks, I don't think he has any more teeth coming through, I think he is hating the heatwave we have been having up here.

The pups are good, teaching them to walk on the lead has been interesting,Bangers has taken to it really well, but Tax doesn't seem to like it that much, in fact he absolutely hates it.
    We are a bit worried bout Shazz at the moment, she has been having trouble with an ex boyfriend sending her weird txt messages, so we changed her number, somehow he got her new number( I have a feeling I know how but not going to say anything!) and has been ringing her.The worrying part for me is the fact that he is married and has a 3 yr old.I've tried to tell her to stop talking to him but she wont listen. Now after 3 weeks of saying she wants to find a job up here, she has said that she now HAS to be back in Melbourne by next Friday for work purposes.I just have no idea on what to do with her.

sorry havent had time to catch up, Maya i will PM you just been full on atm.

Had a call from my gp today and he is now concerned about Tyron's jaundice levels,(somehing i have been concerned about from day 1 and 2 weeks ago he had another test)Im waiting for a call back from him as i tried to get into see a Paed but nothing available for weeks.

He said its not panic mode but they are higher than normal and he'd like a second opinion.
    different days he looks more yellow than others. If you get a chance on facebook have a look at some pics and tell me what you think..... each time i see him against another baby i realise how yellow he still looks but seeing him all day every day its harder to notice it.
    Its very frustrating i know this could all contribute why the poor boy wont bf aswell,

ETA: just uploaded a pic taken last night in my gallery. have a look. Oh and doc just rang and got me in at 2pm

ETA again: OMG sorry Jaspen i didnt read any posts i was a bit selfish, jut wanted to say congratulations on your BFP!! thats great news sending you lots of sticky vibes and sure eveything is ok.
    Last edited by nickers; November 28th, 2007 at 10:26 AM.

So sorry I missed the pg ticker Jaspen maybe you have none of the normal signs because it could be a girl? I know my boy and girl pg are completly different and have a gf who didnt know she was pg with her 3rd until 27 weeks as she had none of the normal signs and she had a girl after 2 boys.

Nic- hope all goes well today but thank God they are finely taking your conserns seriously hope all he needs is some blue lights ( this is all DS needed but he was only 1.5 weeks old ) thinking of you and sending a little your way.

jess- Whats shazz going to do with her puppy, maybe this is for the best sounds like she has brought a little stress into your lives right now ( who wants to deal with teen crap before we have too lol) doesnt sound like she is over him and must be still texting.has she got somewhere to go in melb?

Julie - Lets hope this is the last of it I think you have had you three well and turely by now.

Mel- that sounds like a great Idea for christmas I too would love to do something like this for my parents one day but have to wait until they are all finish with having kids and as I'm the only married one plus the only one who is having kids right now I think I have a long wait.

Nic- just had a look at the photo he does look a little yellow but not too bad but its hard to tell from a photo. when you press his skin it will look more yellow when you take your finger away iykwim. If he needs anything I would say blue lights. Gee as I have never had babys that close together it look so strange to me like looking at twins almost. they are so alike.
    Last edited by New Dawn; November 28th, 2007 at 10:09 AM.

Nic- He sure looks jaundiced to me. I found this bit of info for you...hope it helps!
    Whichever the cause of breast milk jaundice, if the mother continues to nurse her baby, the jaundice will decrease and disappear on its own, but this may take 3 to 10 weeks. If the mother stops nursing for 1 or 2 days, substituting formula, the bilirubin levels will drop rapidly. They will not rise again when the nursing is resumed.

Hi girls - looks like there is movement at the station, Rory may be in labour. go check out her journal. How exciting!

Nic - I saw your pics on facebook last night and I thought he looked well tanned, so I am not much help!!! Sorry I haven't seen many jaundice babies. But can I just say how beautiful he is, he looks so little next to the other boy (is that a cousin?). Nixon is looking like such a big boy now, I love the bath pic of them together. Good luck with the dr, keep us updated.

Julie - glad to hear you are getting some good news. Packing won't be fun but atleast you know you are moving to your own home, all nice, fresh and new! Are you making a cake for Oscar's bday?

Jaspen - you might just be lucky and not have any symptoms. I had no symptoms whatsoever with Chelsea, but with Marley I had sore boobs, and waves of nausea in the morning (which is why I thought she was going to be a boy!). Fingers crossed for you, I'm sure everything will be fine.

Tali - maybe you could do a photo of just you, DH and the kids? I bet there are some beautiful locations in Cairns. Then do another one in a few years time when others have married or have kids. We did one for my dad about 9 years ago and we all look so young!

Jess - sorry to hear there is more dramas going on. Do you ever wish things would just settle down for you? Must be hard for you to know what to do, ex's don't seem to go away quietly. Walking puppies can be a nightmare, esp if they don't like their lead. Have fun!

DH had his work xmas party last night and stayed at work (I don't think he was fit to drive home!). He arrived home about 11am looking a bit worse for wear. He said he is going to lie down for a while as they didn't really get much sleep. They had electricians at his work this morning and they were working right near their sleeping quarters LOL!!!

Housework day for me today, nothing exciting. Better go hang some more washing out while its nice and windy outside.

Congratulations Rory!!!! I wonder if a birth announcement has been made? She had her new little boy at 9am this morning! (received msg via sms) off to check the announcements....

CONGRATULATIONS RORY, DH & FLYNN! What wonderful news.

Congratulations Rory, Mick and Flynn - welcome to your new little man!!!

Congratulations to you all another boy to the mix

Ali we are all waiting on you now lol

I have to say that I am very jealous that Rory has had her baby, I am so impatient to meet my little man! Cant wait to hear what name they have picked.

Does anyone elses babies have power naps some days and refuse to go back to sleep? Tori has had a whole 20 mins nap today and she refused to go back down for a nap, and I am reluctant to put her down too late in the arvo because it will take us to midnight to get her to bed.

Jaspen- just a little woohoo to you formally announce your news, you must be over the moon. I have to say I had very different symptoms when i was pg with tori, to this one, so you never know could be the opposite sex.

Anyway I had better go Tori is a bit fractious this arvo (obviously over tired) so best pay her lots of attention before i pack her off to bed.

thanks everyone for your congratulations. I have put a proper announcement up now cause after all I know the support is here if anything happens.

Ali - Samuel often has those power naps - especially on weekends when there is a lot going on. Fortunately he goes to bed at 7-7:30pm whether he just got up at 6pm from his nap or not which is very lucky for us i realise cause i can put him down for an extra power nap late in the day if necessary to overcome that overtiredness from only having had 20 mins throughout the rest of the day.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast