Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #46

CeeCee2 Guest

Hello all and Merry Christmas,
    Just a quick blast from the past here - CeeCee signing up to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Firsly, congrats on the new boys - Oliver and Tyron, I love the names! I hope they bring you much joy.

Secondly, Ally is just a beautiful litlle DD, I just love her to bit. We are actively TCC No. 2, but with out much sucess to date, so I will be hanging out in the TCC forum for a while I think.

Anyway, just wanted to say Hi, and check up on the old gang!

All the best
    luv
    CC

Howdy CC lovely to hear from you! Good luck TTC i hope it happens for you soon. Thanks for your wishes on Tyron.
    Ali- how are you??

Bath- read your post, hope you go ok today and if you do have to wean i know it will be upsetting but you did a fantasic job feeding Niall for 18months, that double the time i got with Nixon!

Just go our santa photos Kai was about to cry but then thought better of it.. She didnt smile though and May did one of those forsed smiles where it makes her look like she is angry LOL.. Zayden freaked out I thought he was over that he wouldnt even look at santa or talk to him when santa came over to talk to the kids, so he decided not to sit on his lap he didnt cry while there but did about 10 mins later as May wouldnt stop talking about it so he then wanted to go a sit on his lap I told him that I wasnt going to get another photo as they were $15 which made him sad but then when we walked past santa he just gave santa a strange look and kepted walking... How I wish I could do something to help my shy little boy...

May won the colouring comp from woolworths/safeway for her age group she was so happy and so am I she did a really good job and this was from a little girl who is just to busy to sit and colour so she normally just does a quick one colour scribble!!! Once again Zayden was very upset as he had tried his best and had done a really good job for a boy they really need to have a prize for a boy and a girl not that would have made him win of course but in general girls seam to colour better iykwim..

jasper- How are things going hope you are holding up Ok thinking and preying for you !!!!

CeeCee- So good to hear from you, I was only thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were. Goodluck with TTC no# 2 hopefully you wont have to wait too long.

Nic- I am still here and still fine, been getting more on and off pain but nothing regular or anything, but my BH are definatley getting more ouchy.

Well only 1 more day to go untill my due date, so hopefully my little man is going to make his apperance very soon. I am getting so excited (and a little nervous) about him actualley being here and life with a newborn, but I am sure once he arrives it will all come flooding back

CC - it's so great to hear from you. Fingers crossed Santa brings you that BFP very soon. Merry Xmas to you and your family.

Tali - well done to May. Chelsea has so many of those but has yet to do one! She starts one then forgets about it and then it ends up in the bin. There are some great ones at our Safeway. Chelsea has to stop and check them out everytime we go in. Chelsea won't go and see Santa either, she is OK from a distance. She waved to him today but from upstairs (he was downstairs) but hopefully she will get better as she gets older. I'm sure DS will get over his shyness eventually, but its not such a bad trait to have.

Ali - any bets on when you will have bub? Hope you find something to pass the time as I am sure you will be willing away the hours until you meet your little man.

I forgot my MCHN appt today, she rang me at 9.40am (appt was for 9.30am) so I zoomed up there in 5 mins. My little munchkin is still little!
    W: 9.5kgs
    L: 80.5cm
    HC: 46

Overall, she was very pleased with her progress. We just need to continue working on her speech. She said that some kids don't talk much until they reach 20-21 mnths and that we will probably notice it happen quickly. She is definately favouring her left hand so another leftie in the family, Chelsea will be the odd one out.

Made some delicious biscuits to take up to the creche as a thankyou. Chelsea helped me make them and when we took them up she couldn't wait to tell them. We also buy a story book for the kinder room. This year we bought "Aaaaarghhhh Spider", looks so funny, might have to buy one for home now.

Better go and get dinner sorted out while Marley is snoozing.

Good afternoon Junies thanks to the girls who have been posting in my Hyperthyroidism thread. Had my scan this morning... went well... update in thread.

CC!!! So lovely to see you back. I always enjoyed your posts when you were an active member before... it's great you have decided to return and for a BFP very soon!

Oh dear... isn't it always the way... gotta deal with the boys! back later...

mel - I thought Kai was small at 10.2kg I was very happy to see her go over the 10kg mark there is a baby girl at the playgroup that I go to who has just got to 10kg at 4.5 mths but she just has the cutest little legs that you could just eat up LOL...When i went to the doctor and told them that Kai only has about 7 words she didnt seemed worried should I be I already have two kid who needed help with their speech.. Maybe I should make a MCHN appiontment instead.. Does anyone know who many words they should be saying by now?

CC great to see you back, how did the move go? I hope that you get a BFP soon.

Bath I'll have to go look at your thread, I hope all is going well.

Mel the biccy's sound yummy, I'm going to be making some stain glass ones this week with the boys.

Ali hopefully your little man will make an appearence sooner rather then later, and that you all get to spend christmas as a family of 4.

Tali what did May end up winning? I know that my boys have never won it either, but Kailen loves to colour as well.

Not much going on here, just making sure last minute stuff is done. Have to get two photo frames for the pixie photos that I'm going to be giving my mum and brother for christmas. Also have to get stocking fillers for the boys.

hey all

haven't been around much - am suffering from m/s which is a good sign I hope. Scan is on Friday so will let everyone know after that.

Bath - hope you are doing ok - will catch up with the latest in your other thread

cc - great to see you around. best of luck in TTC hope it happens for you real soon

ali - hopefully your little man makes an entrance soon

tali - thanks for thinking of me - the heat is making things way worse i'm sure. your little girl must be so excited about winning the colouring comp.

hi to everyone else - its dinner time of the day - not my favourite at the moment

bathing boys... it's only up to their hips and they are just round the corner... Niall's safe enough to leave with Wade now.... I've had my feet in the water too keep cool... but just had to say: Hiya Jaspen yes, M/s is a good sign, as wretched as it is! Good to see all's going well for you. ETA: Hiya Amanda too: I hope you get your BFP too soon so maybe you can be belly buddies again with CC!

Mel- cute little petite girl Marley is! Nixon is 8cm taller then her lol!
    Nixon's gone skinny minny again cause he hasnt been eating properly for a week now. He hasnt put on any weight for 4months now. well he has then lost it, gained it then lost it again. so i think he's back to being about 12kgs
    And Nix is 20months (but 18.5 if i still correct him) and still not saying much, actually he says heaps but not much of it is very clear still, i hope it gets clearer soon so then he can tell m what he wants etc might make things easier! The MCHN told me by 2 he should be talking a lot better.

oh and he had his first proper hair cut today! the other times i have only got a tiny bit trimmed off he sides and front but we went full boy hair cut today gosh he looks so much older! thought it might be cooler for him off his neck ove xmas, then might let it grow a bit again.

Jaspen yay for m/s! lol not really but it is a good sign, good luck for Friday!
    Happy due date Ali!!

Jaspen so glad you are having M/S LOL but we all know what I mean Be thinking of you friday is your DH going to the scan with you or atleast someone I hope!! Never thought I would say this but bring on the rain it just so steamy here ATM...

We hope to find out what May won on Friday so will let you all know when we haved picked it up.

I went to the shop today as I had ordered a CD for DH for chrissy as Its ment to be here on friday lucky I did the other shop in Townsville who was ment to be sending it up hadnt done anything yet, so now I have to hope and prey that they actully do as they were ment to today and sent it or DH will be down 1 santa gift...

Well I just had the worst 10 mins of my life this afternoon I still feel sick when I think about it... I lost Kai I couldnt find her anywhere we looked in all the rooms under beds and in cupboards but we couldn't hear or see her, I rang up poor DH but I was crying so much he could bearly understand me and kepted telling me to look in the pool which thank God she wasnt!!!!!But I kepted running around like a loony wasnt really much help poor Zayden was so upset and kepted saying come out Kai this isn't funny May who didnt really understand just said we will just have to have another Kailaia which now that I am carm think is kinda funny...So I had poor DH in my ear tring to carm me down when we finely heard her the litte bugger was in the bathroom which I had checked but not very well I guess she must have been behind the door when I looked... all I kept thinking is that we have about 3 pools backing onto out back and side fences which are only old wood fences so I thought maybe one of the boards were lose and she is so small she could have gotten through...I couldnt stop crying didnt know what to do so all in all I'm not very good when it come to a crises..My loving DH stayed carm the whole time when really all he was thinking how am I going to come home and help he was stuck and terrified with a histrical wife on the phone...

But now that all is passed and I feel a fool for panicing so much all I keep thinking about now is that poor family in toowomba who lost 2 of her kids today I really dont know if I could go on...

Thanks for lissoning girls I think I just really need to get it of my chest and hope I can sleep tonight without too many what if in my mind...

Oh Tali! I know that feeling well! Niall sneaks off all the time and sometimes I just don't know what to do other than to stand out the front so that i know that he isn't on the road and barking orders to my other kids like "look in the garage! Look down the back lane!" My neighbours must think i'm loopy. So don't worry tali, you're not alone! I find it easier to stay calm when it's someones else's child... when it's mine I tend to lose the plot a bit... as poor Dee knows all too well.... i wonder how her DD's finger is going!

Thanks Bath I know a few of us girls have had this happen its just my 1st I am kind of shocked at how badly I handled it though, the thing is it was the quitest she has ever been she didnt make a sound and thats so not her she may not be able to say many words but nosie is not a problem...

Tali - you poor love. :hugs: I can understand why you freaked out, esp with the pools all around you. Do you have any wine in the house? A nice glass of wine and some chocolate should hopefully calm your nerves. Our bubs are such sneaky little buggers. Don't feel bad about hitting the panic button, its what mums do. I hope you get DH's CD, its annoying when you go to the trouble of ordering stuff for xmas and it doesn't turn up. I love big, fat babies. My niece is 3 mths younger than Marley and at 12mths she was nearly 12kgs and Marley was 8.3! She has so many rolls, I just love them and she has such a big face and beautiful big eyes. I've never had one of those fat babies. Found this stuff on language development from Parenting and Child Health:

Speech and language
    By 18 months children are usually:

babbling loudly and often to themselves and to others, as though having a conversation
    listening to things said to them, and understanding some things such as 'no'
    able to follow a few simple instructions such as 'get your shoes'
    able to identify a few familiar objects when they are named (such as 'show me the ball', or 'where is the spoon')
    using 6 or more recognisable words (the words may be quite unclear, but the primary caregiver is able to tell what is meant by the sound).

There may be a problem if a child:
    is not babbling often
    is not starting to use some meaningful words
    does not listen when others are talking to him.

By 2 years children are usually:
    able to use up to 50 recognisable words
    listening to things that are said to them
    starting to put 2 words together such as "daddy's car"
    joining in with familiar songs
    babbling while playing, with a few recognisable words in the babble.

There may be a problem if a child:
    is still mostly silent while playing
    does not respond when others talk to her
    is not able to point to objects when they are named
    uses signs, grunts or gestures only when she wants something

Amanda - I was going to try those stained glass ones (I think donna hay had some in her magazine), let me know how they worked out. I love giving photos as a xmas present, such a nice idea.

Jaspen - good luck for Friday, I'll be thinking of you. M/s is a great sign but not much fun for you!

Nic - poor Nixon, hope he keeps the weight on this time. Sounds like he is going to be a tall boy. Have you got any pics of his new hair cut, bet he looks super cute now!

Thanks for that Mel Kai is making most of those points yippy!!!! But I dont know if she is able to identify objects yet but will test her tommorrow but today she new what hot was as the side of the pool was very hot so every time she would stand on it to jump in she would blo like I do when her food is Hot so I guess she knows what that is...

Tali - that's great. Marley understands so many thing. If I ask her to sit down so I can put her shoes on, she does. Or if I ask her in the bath to splash her hands, she does, kick her feet, she does! Its so weird that they can understand what we say but just not speak. She babbles constantly, but I have no idea what she is trying to say and she gets so grumpy with me LOL!!! How funny that they always associate the word hot with blowing.

I am quite chuffed tonight, I just won 2 gorgeous pairs of shoes on ebay for $3.95! One pair of sandals is leather, the other are soft sole pink mary jane style shoes. I have a bit of an addiction with kids shoes and wanted a few more pairs for summer. Probably won't get them before xmas but I am still very happy!

Better get off the computer now and get my work clothes ironed. LAST DAY TOMORROW!!!!

I keep saying the same thing to myself must get off now but still haven't LOL

What a great buy I am still a ebay virgin LOL maybe you can show me the way next year DH would love that I already cant wait until I get to go to a DFO as we dont have them here yet!!!! he better find himself another high paying job to keep up with my spending LOL just cant resest kids clothes...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast