Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #5

Just a quick one from me before I hit the shops.

Tori and i had our 6 week check up today, everything is fine with Tori but I have to go for an ultrasound because the Dr. thinks I might have some retained product as my bleeding has gotten worse and not better and i have experienced a few cramps. *sigh* I just thought I had my period back.
    I am already frustrated with Centrelink.....I knew there was a reason I didnt want to deal with them again, I have had 2 letters a week apart telling me 2 different amounts that I am due to get paid........ and they are $75 different in amount, so I am trying to find out what has changed in the last week........but they are engaged.
    Anyway I hope everyone has a great weekend!

which reminds me Ali I am still waiting to get my afirst allowances from them.. they said it would take up to 3 weeks... hmm i sure i went more then 3 weeks ago though??

*Kristee* Guest

Smile

Hey everyone,
    i'm a newbie and i just had my baby girl in june.
    Tarleha was born on the 29th via emergency ceaserean at 5:16pm. Was due on 26th june but she had other ideas (as all babies do).
    She was 6 pound 10 ounces.
    43cm long
    34 head circumference.
    was anyone elses baby born on the same day?
    So what do you guys talk about?
    Tarleha just screams none stop, due to her reflux and colic, luckily she has just started putting on weight not losing it. She has bad nappy rash 2 the poor bugger.

Kristee-Lea
    xxx

Tarleha Maye 29/06/06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT
    UPDATE
    Simone has just rung me wth a very important update. Anneliese has gone downhill! She has just been rushed back to ICU as she has had another apnoea attack, she is now on the ventilator as her right lung has collasped and she is her Sat levels dropped down to 60.
    Our parayers and best wishes are being sent to her and her family at this time.

Welcome to June Baby buddies Kristee-Lea and Tarleha. I'm Jess and although my boy wasn't born in June he is a June baby at heart.

oh my god, i hope little Anneleise fights back... not what i expected to hear, i thought once she got out of icu she would continue to get better. thanks Jess, i hope Simone knows we are all praying & thinking of her baby girl.

hello Kristee! congratulations on the birth of your daughter. there are some threads on colic/reflux which u might find useful, lots of babies in BB seem to have it, not nice i know.

oh i feel so sorry for what Simone is going through right now.

She knows Nic, I made sure that she knew that we are praying our hardest for that beautiful little girl.I have made myself available for her whenever she needs to talk. If anyone is around the Royal Childrens in Melbourne and you have time just ask for Simone to be paged, she is only just holding it together.

Hi again!

OMG About Simone and Annaleise! I'm so close to tears right now! I am ing that things turn around and hope that she recovers quickly. I had a friend at highschool who was born premmie, her lung collapsed shortly after birth and she made it - and that was in 1971 so if she could do it I'm sure Annaleise can too!

Tanya: About that mum who rubbed you the wrong way - steer clear! I read an article in "Practical Parenting" about competitive mums and it generally said don't participate and make sure you tell them that every child develops at their own pace and every child is different! I have to admit I'm pretty lucky with Aleise but I went through a terrible pregnancy and kept saying "This kid had better be an angel" and luckily so far so good, however I noticed she's starting to cry a bit more often and remain awake longer during the day now.

Candy: Don't go to China, we can't lose you! - and tell Matt to hurry back if the job is short term. If its a permanent job would he really leave you and Ryan behind? I bloody hope not! You two seem too good for each other to suddenly separate! Hope you work things out soon darls!

Baby Dancing: haven't gotten any for a while now but the advantage to having a c/s (and there aren't many) is that no affter affects down there. Oh yeah no incontinence either - ONE good thing of having CND (where head doesn't descend into pelvis- reason why I had to have a c/s). oh gotta share this one - saw at the pharmacy you can now get vibrating condoms (complete with battery).. has anyone ever seen or (dare I say used one?). You'd want the battery to be small! lol!

My OB told me to use barrier method as my blood pressure was up at 6 week check up - 140/80. I'd better see my GP like he advised and also Aleise's 2 month immunisations are due next week - not looking forward to that! I've heard that its best to give them children's Panadol before hand so they're not in too much pain - is this true?

Nicole: I too have Aleise's name down for waiting list at child care and did that before she was born. I will need to go back to work even though Matt just got a pay rise - its still no where enough to cover all bills and mortgage and food and fuel. Gee where are the lotto numbers when you need them? I'm due to go back in November but was thinking of going back in October.

Mum's group: I've been chatting on another site (yes naughty me!) and met up with 5 other mums yesterday at a local shopping centre. We talked for 2 hours!! One has a bub who's 7 weeks and another had her bub at the same hospital as me and she lives in my suburb!! There is also a local dinner happening too via this site so it would be a good chance for Matt and I to meet some new parents! Well so far so good but its early days yet as its a newly formed group. If it gets catty I'm exiting stage left! Here's hoping it doesn't!!

Baby gifts: WE got a $100 Target voucher from Matt's Aunts and Uncles (who live in NSW) today and went crazy buying stuff. We got an infant cushion (for the pram), mini cooler bag and a car shade for the hatchback of our car all that for $50!!Couldn't find a pram underlay though and don't want to spend $34 at Babyco - which is the only place I've seen them. We'll have to hang on to the voucher for a while until their next sale.

Baby clinic: I've been slack and haven't taken Aleise to one yet - anyone else been slack too? Guess I should pull my finger out. Isn't it okay just to see your Doc when immunisations are due? Is this good enough if your bub is going great guns? Any advice would be good here from experienced Junies (Bath, 7th Heaven, Jo.. ).

Well I've gobbed on long enough - will pull out the rosary (haven't done that in years) for Simone and Annaleise. Don't laugh - its worked before for very sick people! Do we have Simone's mobile number so I could text her??? Anyone???

Take care and will pop my head in soon.
    Nightie night!

Simone and Annaleise , your both in my thoughts - keeping all fingers crossed for you !!! ... Come on little fighter - get better soon!

Oh no, poor Simone, that is terrible news...thinking of Anneleise and praying that she improves soon. I can't imagine how tough that would be, I am in tears just thinking about it. Thanks for keeping us up to date Jess.

Welcome Kristee-Lea, look forward to chatting with you!

Neeny, I just go to the baby clinics for the check ups in their red health books (2 months, 4 months etc.) just to keep them filled out & up to date, but you can go to a GP for those too, as well as for immunisations. I go to the immunisations at the baby clinics, they have them about once a week or fortnight at most of the Brissie ones, and they're free! I've heard about giving panadol before needles, but I've never done it, and DS has always been okay, I guess it's an individual thing. Glad to hear your meet up went well, sounds like you have struck it lucky!

oops forgot to add welcome Kristee-Lea you'll love it here... our little virtual mothers group

Kristee Lee- I don't think any bubs were born on the 29th so your little one has her own birth date!
    You can email your details to [email protected] so she can add you onto the front page.
    what do we talk about- pretty much anything & everything in here! there are lots and lots of threads for all sorts of topics, we seem to touch on many of them in here. Keep posting in here because its great you'll really get attached to everyone!
    I hope Tarleha (pretty name) bottom gets better soon. Nixon had it about a month ago, poor boy was (sorry if tmi) right around his anus, i was packing on the cream and also wiping him down with pinetarsel solution. Also gave him a bath in it too and it seemed to help. cleared up in a few days and hasn't had it since. I think to everyone find s adifferent cream/wipes are better of different babies so its just a matter of finding what works for you & bub. I found the Curash cream to be the best on Nixon so far.

#karen# Guest

What a shock. My prayers are with Simone and Annaleise.
    Welcome Kristee-Lea
    IK - my little piggy is 5.5kg too.
    Neeny - i haven't done the clinic thing yet, and i go to gp for immunisations.
    Sorry can't remember other personals but hi to everyone.
    Nathan had 6 week check up yesterday and all is well. Talipes are no longer an issue.
    Having a shocker today, nathan doesn't want to stay asleep for long and i have a cold and just need a rest.

Hi all, 4am here... had THE WORST evening ever
    Aneta was sleeping her 7 hour stretch at 8.30pm ( she's got her night and day a bit mixed up ) when i thought id check on her ( as i do every 2 minutes )... I walk in the room and she has her head tilted back, her mouth open but no breathing
    O M G no words can express my emotions at that moment. I grabbed her , ran out of the room shouting SHE'S NOT BREATHING... DH got her put her upside down , and suddenly she let out a cry and coughed up milk and mucus....
    I was shaking uncrontrolably , i couldnt stop crying , and i thought i was going to have a heart attack... it was terrible :_(
    We r going to the childrens hospital tommorow - although it was " just " choking, I want her checked out... but we r doing shifts, DH has just gone to sleep, and im sitting here watching her... Im never going to complain about a sleepless night or the fact that i have to sit on the fitness ball again - her cry is music to my ears and i hope last night NEVER repeats itself .... god, i cant even get it together now

hunny, I can't put any words together!
    Having a baby not breathe is a very scary situation. Hope there is nothing serious wrong, let us know how you go at the childrens hospital, last thing we want is another baby in ICU.

oh enigma what a fright your heart must have skipped a few beats. hopefully it was just a one off occurance &Aneta will be fine, i'd be getting her checked out to just to be sure.
    centrelink- what was i saying a few days ago that i was still waiting on my allowance to start? that same day centrelink rang dh and also received another form in the mail. apparently the first one was not filled out correctly... but um derrr the lady went through it with me filling it out and submitted it so its partly her to blame.. now i'll have to wait a further 3 weeks to get the payments starting... does anyone know if i can ask or if they will back pay?? Nothing is ever straight forward and simple is it.... there is always something....

DH & Nixon are taking me out to lunch today at Port Melbourne, i got myself all dressed up for the occasion! (havent done this often of late!)

Welcome Kristee-Lea and Tarleha. I hope that you get some relief from the colic and reflux soon.

Simone, you and your darling little girl and family are in our hearts and prayers. Hope to hear some good news from you soon.

Enigma, that sounds horrible what you are going thru with Aneta. Hope the docters can come up with some answers for you.

Tanya I personally wouldnt be too fussed about bothering to express if you are only going to have a glass or 2 of wine(am sure others may say differently). ATM I am having an alcoholic drink - either beer or wine around 3 times a week and I dont worry about it at all. If on the otherhand you are going to be having say more then 3 or 4 then I would express around 6-10 hours afterwards, but like I said 1 or 2 is not going to hurt Lucas at all.

Karen hope you can shake that cold of yours and that Nathan will give you some respite! Alex gets like that and it is so frustrating. Of course on the days that Daddy is home he sleeps all the time!!!

Our next door neighbour just had a baby boy on Tuesday, Nathan, her first, so am excited that we have another baby to "play" with.

Our town has its "festival/fair/show" on at the moment. Big social event on the calender up here! We got to take Gabriella to Dorothys Dance Party yesterday and she looked so cute dressed up in all her finery. Will most probably head down there again today just to get out of the house, something different to do.

As for getting my mojo back, the thought is there but then when it comes down to it I just cannot be bothered!!!! Sleep is more of a priority....poor DH, I think he has gotten lucky twice since Alex was born!!!

Tanya- i too personally woudlnt bother expressing off if you have a couple of drinks. If you plan to have more then that then yes i would. Ive been doing same as Gabysmum having a drink or 2 a couple of times a week. I might have a glass or 2 of wine at lunch today but wont go home and express it off.

Just popping in to see if any updates on Anneleise?

Enigma, you poor thing, that must have been terrifying! Let us know how you get on with getting Aneta checked out.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast