Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies born in June 2006 #5

before i forget - baby nails, from the other thread, i think...i'm using baby nail clippers when oscar's dropping off after a feed, once a week or my chest gets scratched!
    Welcome Kristee-lea any topic is fair game here - we can get controversial but we stay friends!
    Simone - many, many virtual hugs. whatever happens, you are the best mummy your baby could have
    my mum just left for the country again today - she bought so much for Oscar! a bouncer, SO many outfits...it breaks her up to have to leave. i told her DP won't go round to see her when she's here (but he'll be civil when they're here together) cos he's still mad at her. she reckons SHE should be mad at him cos we didn't call so she could wait while oscar was born...ha! she doesn't remember that she had cracked it the day before he was born and had turned her mobile phone off. Anyway, she is going to spoil this boy rotten.
    i went to the Kallista market yesterday and COULD have spent a fortune, but i paced myself (once a month market, there's always next month!) and got oscar a couple of things. not wanting to fill his room with commercial toys and gadgets, i took note of the wooden toy sellers, crafty room decorations etc. i bought him knitted peruvian finger puppets - i'll get them to speak spanish to help him learn it. i bought some cute woolly mittens and myself a beanie (i don't do shoe or handbag fetishes, beanies are my thing!). I'll get him some baby hippy pants and beanies, some fundraising cardies in bigger sizes (got plenty for now) and tie dyed socks next time, and some funky handmade wooden wall hangings. I got inspired to get creative myself...
    DTD - friction stinging gone now - nothing a bit of Ural and nipple cream can't deal with.
    As for incontinence, this isn't an inherent part of vaginal birth - it really shouldn't happen if you've kept up PFexercises, if your birth went normally. My PF was right straight away (I can even hold on for ages to do a pee...just as well cos oscar doesn't always give me the luxury of a toilet break), but i also credit yoga and horse riding for that.
    I feel more confident going out for an extended period now (and can whip out the boob in front of anyone...even fellow fire-fighters since last week's annual dinner!!), so i'm up for a junie catch up in town - would be a nice way to have our first trip to town...
    oscar asleep now so i'm going to try to sneak in a shower - would have done it when my mum was here but i knew she was pushing it for time.
    catch you all later - Simone and Analeise hang in there PLEASE - i've had too much bad news this year already

alcohol - i thought i'd be worried about this, but i figure a glass of red is no harm every once in a while. i don't bother expressing, but then again i haven't had much anxiety about oscar and i think i'm doing a great job with him, pat on my own back cos i can't wait for anyone else to!

Hi again!

Well haven't done too much this weekend. Matt bought a DVD burner and he got his friend to install it in the 'puter today and I made sure I went with him 'cause he'd be there all day and I wouldn't see him till 8pm!

Got some baptism invites to do up so I can't write too much.

I've been scanning the thread on Simone's baby and there was talk of putting Annaleise back on CPAP (sorry don't know what that is). So I don't think she's out of the woods just yet. Am praying heaps for her and going to church today - gotta make the effort more often!

Incontinence: I've read in books that c/s births are lower incidence of this and one reason women choose that path (although I think that is a dumb reason).
    Also my mum had a c/s for me and vbac for my brother and was lucky not to get it at all. I guess I'm pretty lucky too 'cause I was quite lazy with exercises. Couldn't do most of them due to arthritis pain at the time of pregnancy. I mainly walked the pooch for exercise and did the keegles (sp?) now and then.

DTD: Still having naughty dreams and Matt more interested in TV/computer games so am not getting any! Oh well there's always chocolate!

Photographers: CAn anyone int he Brisbane area recommend good and cheap ones? We've got the baptism on 2nd September and I need to get some good quality photos done. The cheapest I've seen so far is $450 for like 12 photos! (ouch!)

Immunisations: Thanks Jo about the advice.. I'll take Aleise to the Council clinic on Tuesday. Just hope her cough goes away by then (only a couple of times during the evenings when it gets cooler).

Well I'd better go - got some invites to design. Take care everyone - sorry no personals am a bit busy. *sending out get well vibes and prayers for Annaleise* .

Well, I am around just been busy today, I spoke to Simone last night and she said she was going to pop in to say hi, basically its just a waiting game to see how the bronchiolitis pans out. The real problem is the apneoa episodes. Anneliese woke up yesterday while Simone was holding her and she started getting pretty fidgetty, so the doctor said he was going to give a sedative, Simone was like WTF??? The nurse said she wouldn't do it so Anneliese had a bit of time awake.

I'm sorry but thats all I have for the time being. We found a couple of weeks ago that our neighbour wasn't so well, they thought she had a tumour in her bowel, but it has turned out to be worse than that, ovarian cancer! She has to have a hysterectomy later this week so prayers for her please.
    On the alcohol issue, my grandmother both smoke and drank with all 6 of her children and they are all right! I don't think a couple of drinks would be too bad for baby if anything it might make them sleep a bit better!
    DH has been extremely attentive lately to me, we also have been DTD!

Simone I'm so sorry to hear about Anneleise, hope she will pick up soon, your doing such a good job with her you should be proud.

Engima OMG how frightening for you and DH, hope all is well now.

Kristee Lea you'll love it here we talk about anything and everything, my IL's will be moving to Wagga next year, as thats where DH is from.

As for me I think Cody is going thru a growth spurt as during the day he has been feeding every 2hrs again. Since I've had the flu DH and my mother have gotten him use to having a dummy and now he won't go to sleep with out it, all our other kids have had a dummy but I was hoping Cody wouldn't. He had really taken to it until I was sick and DH was trying to get him to sleep and couldn't do it without the dummy. Oh well just another one that I will have to wean off the dummy.

Immunisations I usually do give my boys some panadol before they get their needles, I got told that it doesn't make a difference if you do or don't but I prefer to do it just in case.

Better go do the dishes.

hugs xoxo

Neeny- CPAP stands for (continuous positive airway pressure) i think!
    it helps bubs breath and is like a constant flow of air that is delievered into the nose through tubes. they can turn the amount of air flow that is needed up and down depending on what the baby requires.

lunch was nice. besides them not recording our booking we made, giving our garlic bread to someone else & making us an extra coffee (which we drank ofcourse but still paid for it!)
    Nixon has been so spewy today, i sat there just now with the cloth nappy as it just oozed out of him, now he is grunting and groaning so i am sure there will be more to come.

Hi Everyone!!!!

Sorry I have been missing in action lately but its been really hectic here!!!

Jack and Charlee are great. Everything is perfect with them and they are excellent babies.

Rowen is home atm and we have had a lovely day today driving down south for a picnic.

I have missed quite a bit and cant seem to find Simones post but it sound like there has been something go amiss with Anneleise. My thoughts are with her and all the family.

Enigma, gee that would have put the wind up me for sure! Must be mothers intuition that made you check her! Hugs to you!

Ahuge welcome to Kristee Lea

Anyway, just thought I would pop in quickly!

Love to all!

Love kel
    Last edited by Misskel; August 6th, 2006 at 09:35 PM.

Just popping in to say hello - all is well , she choked on some milk that came up - even though i burp her and hold her upright after every feed!!
    I have a feeling ( and i hate to admit it ) that it was my fault , i saw he tilting her head back so i paniced and picked her up.. which must have made the milk go back down and she choked ....because she has woken up many times with dry milk on the side of her face and on her collar... I'll be getting the angelcare monitor as soon as i can find one... id get it now even if it cost $500... the whole episode just reinforced how much she means to me and how i would do ANYTHING for her , the whole time she was choking i was thinking " let me be the one choking , let me have her pain " *sigh*

anyways, all is well now so i wont dwell on it anymore

Kel - woohoo nice to see all is running well with the June twinies : ) I was thinking about u the other day and how your getting on

Nickers - im jealous of you! everytime i read one of ur posts ur always off somewhere , lunch or dinner or to the snow.. i usually just go to the kitchen and back everyday nowhere fun like you

DTD - NO CHANCE ... dh is keen but i cant. ( TMI coming up )... i dont know if this is normal, but a tampon wont even fit down there.. heheh.. nah shouldnt laugh, its not funny - looks like im going to have to have that 6 week checkup ( at 8 weeks ) afterall they've made me a virgin again

Does anyone's baby monitors pick up other babies?!?! Mine was really good to begin with but late;y Ive been picking up someone else's room! Sometimes its a cry sometimes is just fuzz or another noise like tv or something.... its really frustrating....

Enigma- The Fam took me to lunch yesterday cause today is my bday... I am feeling like a little spoilt brat and a bit sorry for myself though atm... All i wanted this yr was my hair revitalized (cut/colour/treatment) and massage of some sort.
    MIL sent me money for my hair and DH thismorning gave me a voucher for a 2 1/2hr full body massage/facial/foot treatment. But then he went to work... i had this silly vision stuck in my head that he was going to take the day off, look after nixon and had booked me in for the hair or massage...
    I know most of u prob feel the same i have been feeling rather flat for a long time and just wanted some TLC. but now its my birthday and i still feel flat, my hair is so crap i could go grab the scissors and chop it right off now.... God i am a b##ch... i got breakky bed, nice present and i still complain....
    Nixon bought me a pair of ugh boots (lol what a mum thing to buy!) but too small so going to go change them.
    It's weird this is the 1st yr ever ive been on my own for my bday, even if i was working i'd still be around ppl you know. im just such a child when it comes to this sort of stuff i know it but can't help the way i act..
    sorry for ranting on you'r the only ones i get to speak to today cause no one is here!

#karen# Guest

Enigma - What a fright, I'm so glad everything is okay
    Nickers - when I was in the hospital they warned us if you are having an argument or intimate discussion to turn your monitors off as other monitors in the area will pick it up.
    Thinking and praying for you, Simone and Annaleise.

#karen# Guest

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Nicole, my birthday is 2 days away and I will be alone too, it makes you feel a bit sad doesn't it. I was thinking of going to the mums and bubs movie but Nathan now has my cold so I may be stuck at home. But I have decided I am not going to do any housework and might bake myself a cake.
    It sounds like you need to treat yourself a trip to the hairdresser Nicole. Pamper yourself a bit, you deserve it.

Just a quick one this morning.

Happy birthday Nic...... I hope that you have a great day!

I am off to have an ultrasound this morning, it feels weird because it wasnt so long ago that we were all excited about going off to have an u/s and now i am not excited at all. I am really hoping that it comes up clear and that there is no retained product.

Having a really hard time getting Tori to take a bottle which is stressing me out a bit because I feel like i am never going to be able to go anywhere without her, ( I feel selfish sometimes for wanting to be able to get away for a few hours, but I think it is a sanity thing) I guess I will just keep persisting and see how we go.

Anyway better get some brekky before we go out!

Just got a text from Donna (Dee78)
    She said she is as Tresillian at the moment (the family care stay place), she said to say hi to you all and she will be back soon!
    Hope Lachlan is going alright and she is getting some helpful tips at this place.

Thanks Karen. Fellow Leo hey! I think Tanya is too. Are u stubborn like me. Its my first bday as a wife & mum and its great but does feel strange sitting here on my own (well with Nixon) The phone has been ringing all morning so picked me up a bit

anyway gotta go change Nixon he just pushed a huge one out and stunk the whole room out! (thats what u get from 4 days without poo! but i thought he got it all out for dh thismorning) what a nice bday present from my boy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIC !! ( go on, tell us how old you are now... 21 ? 18 ?? hehe

i dont think your a b*** for feeling the way you feel. This is YOUR day and you have every right to feel like you should be the focus of the day... not only did you carry a baby this year , you had a baby , and now your a full-time mum...you deserve all the pampering in the world
    At least they all remembered your birthday - and got you what you wanted! ( trying to be optimistic as of today )..
    I hope you have a really good day - and if all else fails , log on here and let it all out !!

Karen - really?? thats so weird with the baby monitors. If mine picked up anything else other than Aneta id be sooo scared

Bath - was it you who said that you keep Niall in his pram during the day?? why did i not listen to you sooner !!... Ive put Aneta in her pram instead of the travel cot we have in the living room, now i dont even need the baby monitor - everywhere i go she goes, and maybe this will FINALLY get her used to the pram , because she doesnt like going out in it much .. how is your little man anyways/?? we have our 8 week mark 2morow!

Ali - let us know how your ultrasound goes. Ive got a feeling ill be going down the same track as you - fingers crossed that there's nothing in there!!

Aneta has had some growth spurt i think. .. she's now in 00 bonds suits.. havent tried any other brands , but i heard bonds are a bit smaller than most, so thats ok

immunizations - not sure if i mentioned this before. But Aneta had hers at 6 weeks instead of 8 ( because the woman mucked up the dates and we went early ).. anyways, they told us that they arent what they used to be. Baby usually doesnt have a fever or temp. after them.. only a sore spot where the needle went in.
    So we got some panadol just in case , but she never needed it - phew!

and on a final note - ANeta finally takes a dummy ! ! ! !.... after buying heaps of expensive orthodontic ones , it turns out that she likes the $1.95 happy baby ones

ETA - are your girls giving your babies anything other than milk ?? Aneta is drinking tea ( chamomile ) - so far so good , i think sometimes she was crying because she was thirsty.. this helps a bit

Happy Birthday Nickers! IKWYM with regards to being by yourself...I had that for the first time last year (my first as a SAHM) and I felt so sorry for myself! I hope you have a lovely rest-of-the-day!

Enigma - so far I have only given Freya milk, and occasionally some herbal colic drops...these are great for when she gets really violent hiccups that upset her, stops them immediately. I remember I was giving DS a fair bit of cooled boiled water from the start, but he was a December baby and constantly thirsty. Woohoo for Aneta taking a dummy!

Ali, good luck with the u/s, I hope it is good news for you.

On a positive note...Freya slept for 6 hours straight in her cot last night...the longest ever! I don't mind carrying her in the sling all day if she gives me a break at night. I was starting to get a bit over it, but after watching the story about the child raised by dogs on 60 minutes last night, and the research they have done into child rearing, I have a renewed commitment!

Happy birthday, Nickers! I agree, DH should have taken the day off and given you a chance to doll yourself up a bit - I'm on your bandwagon!
    Jo - baby wearing is the bees knees, isn't it? For so many reasons, but I love how I have a settled daytime baby (if I play my cards right by 10.30pm, like last night, I can also have Oscar settled night time!). I'm not fussed by a 3 or 4 hour sleep, as long as Oscar's a happy chappy who just nods back off to sleep after a feed DP is home with a sore back but Oscar is in his bassinette so that I can eat something, have a shower and post on here - I do prefer him to have human touch whenever possible But once I'm ready I'm off to see my horse, with Oscar strapped to me
    DP is also trying to get me to come round to the idea of a dummy. We opened the one we had in a packet, but Oscar's used it for all of 5 seconds before I get jealous and stick him on the boob! Obviously, if he's sucking on the dummy he NEEDS something (i.e. food!) so why keep him on the decoy? I'm around and my sole purpose these days is to meet his needs, so why with the plastic pretend boob? Nope, I'm still not down with the dummy idea! And, of course, I'm talking only with reference to Oscar - I wouldn't extend this for all your babies, cos only you know what sits well with you and what your baby needs.
    gonna have shower now...

enigma, angelcare monitora from target. about $170, you get the monitor so you can hear them, plus the mat to go underneath their mattress. It alarms when it doesnt feel any movement, even the slightest breath, for 20 secs. It's great, and not too expensive-i've seen some mat thingy's, with no monitor, for $200+. HTH

Anneliese is better, full update in prem thread. in short, she also contracted pneumonia, but it gets rid of the bronchiolitis, and is treatable with antibiotics, unlike bronch. CPAP keeps the airways open, she was goin to need it as she was struggling to draw in and out each breath, and as you might have known, her right lung had collapsed. She's out of ICU now, in CF ward. She's coughing out the mucous which had coated her lungs, which is great. Pray she doesnt go downhill again, its still a possibility...

Happy Birthday Nic!!! LOL you're not a b****... it just takes a bit of getting used to: being at home "alone" during your birthday... I'm kinda used to it and bought my own birthday cake this year just to see the expression on Wade's face when I lit the candles LOL

I wasn't able to post all weekend but read all the messages, especially hoping to read good news about Anneleise. Thinking of you little darling!

Enigma! You've all my sympathies regarding Aneta's choking episode... Verity choked on water during her bath and stopped breathing when she was about this age... it's the scariest thing that's ever happened to me! (((Hugs))) When Niall had a bit of a cold last week he was coughing up a lot of mucous (huge quanitites) and I was worried that he would choke on it so I left him to sleep on his tummy. I know this isn't recommended and i'm not saying that you should do it but when he coughed up stuff at least it was able to drain out of his mouth. Now he won't sleep on his back (unless he is with me in my bed for some reason)... so now he sleeps on his tummy all day in the pram or cradle and then when I go to bed I put the cradle right next to my side of the bed, with him still asleep on his tummy.... then when he wakes up at about 3am for a feed I bring him into my bed, feed him, burp him and then he returns to sleep on his back but because i'm sleeping more lightly I feel confident that he won't choke without me knowing about it. He's still sleeping at least 18hours a day! Only once has he been awake for more than 3 hours straight.

Dummies: Niall doesn't want anything to do with them which is different to my other 2... *shrug* oh well, will save us a fortune in replacing lost and worn out ones... Verity and Wade only accepted Nuk ones at $6 each! They are a mixed blessing... brilliant at times when you want them to self settle (and on public transport) but then you'll find they will wake every time they lose it during the night which is absolutely frustrating! Also weaning is very tricky... Wade still has one but it's GOT to go by his 3rd birthday.... no more excuses!

There's heaps more I wanted to add but Niall's wanting a feed... better come back later!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast