Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #11

Happy Birthday Prince Lewis!!!

Happy 2ND Birthday LEWIS!!!

Sending you many many & lotsa lotsa birthday wishes bundled in giggles & 'huggies'
    (that would be 'hugs' in Chloe terms, not nappies, LOL!)

Hope you have a great day & weekend!!

Love Chloe & her mummy xo

Nawwww, only one more "June" birthday to go.....

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for Lewis's birthday wishes, he was very spoilt! He had a wooden cubby house, a fire truck bed and lots of Thomas books, rug, lamp etc.

So another year has gone then.....what an exciting year we have ahead of us though our little ones personalities will truly shine this year!

Happy belated Brithday Lewis!

Happy belated 2nd Birthday Lee!!!
    Hope you had a great day!!
    Hugs & kisses from Mikayla & baby Matthew xx

Hi Ladies....long time no see (well talk lol)

Just poped on and thought i would check up on all you and our ever fast growing children....

Thankyou for the bday wishes, he certainly did enjoy the last few days as an only child, got very spoilt indeed.

Happy 2nd birthdays to all of Lachies friends in here. Its amazing how fast they grow up.
    So much has happened in the last 2years, especially in the last week.

I hope you are all doing wonderfully well and that our 2year olds arnt throwing too bigger tantrums (like mine lol), and i really hope to try and keep up this time round!! lol - intentios are to keep up, time and kids are another.....lol

take care

Hi everyone

Hope you are all doing well.

I think that Diana may finally be starting to self-wean off the breast. Yay! I always planned to breastfeed her for two years, then when I read a bit more about it decided to let her self-wean, but was really hoping that she would do so around two years as I am really starting to get over it. Recently she doesn't seem as interested in boobie as she used to be. My little girl is growing up.

Eeep! I forgot to say........

Happy Birthday to LEE!!!

I hope you had the bestest 2 year old birthday EVA!!
    *hugs*

So the birthdays are done again for another year (happy sad ) Soooooo, who hit the Toy Sales?!?! Not me this year which I'm not too unhappy about (I still remember how much I spent last year! LOL!) Although I was eyeing the big wooden dolls house. Soooo cute!!! I thought it'd be a gorgeous combines pressie for the girls for Christmas seeing as Chloe is wayyeeeeee more interested in her big sisters things than her own.

Oh and Chloe is now asking to go to kindy!!! DD#1 had no concept of kindy at this age but I guess that's what happens when you have an older sibling. So both the girls play "Kindy" and walk around with hats on, sandals (yes Chloe wears her big sisters - she looks like Ronald MacDonald in them, lol!) and then they both have back packs on filled with toys. Nawwwwwww!!

Anyone else having their little one's molars come through?? Chloe is now onto #3 and it has all been one after the other......no break But her talking is coming along so much (I am constantly surprised and shocked by how much she knows and how much she can say!) so it's good that she can communicate quite clearly how she is feeling or what is hurting etc. Although, on the other hand, she can also communicate quite clearly how unhappy or ticked she is with a situation, hehehe. (Funny now, but not when it's happening, hehe)

I hope everyone else is doing well and staying healthy. Oddly enough we stopped the girls swimming lessons before the end of last term as they just seemed to be getting sick all the time!! It got ridicualously frustrating!! Since then, we have had no colds up until the past 24hours.....go figure!

Anyways, I know we are a busy bunch so I hope you are all taking care!

Mwa!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyfrog View Post
    I hope everyone else is doing well and staying healthy. Oddly enough we stopped the girls swimming lessons before the end of last term as they just seemed to be getting sick all the time!! It got ridicualously frustrating!! Since then, we have had no colds up until the past 24hours.....go figure!
    SNAP!!!

Poor little Zahely had three cold by the time she was six weeks old (caught off Leb) who was bringing them home from swimming classes, so I spat it and pulled him out. Since then we've only had one lot of colds and they were passed on from friends who didn't know their kids were sick (honest mistake).

Caeleb can't wait to get back to swimming classes though. I've said he can go back after the September school holidays. Zahley will be coming up to six months by then, so they can both start the new term together... and Mummy better lose some weight and tighten up if she doesn't want to get called a "whale" when she gets int he pool!

Funny you should mention Kindy. Both Tina and Sarah have Mikayla and Lewis starting some type of kindy when they turned two (Facebook conversations) and I wasn't sure if it was a childcare type arrangement or it was an actual school requirement... perhaps you ladies could explain to us SA girls?

Caeleb's speech has come along finally. Apparently boys take longer to talk than girls. I LOVE his little voice that's coming out. He's saying up to four word sentences now and can count to ten. He actually knows what each number means (he lines up his cars and points to each one as he counts), which shocked the hell out of me, because I know most kids are just "parroting" what they've been taught.

Little Zahley rolled over for the first time yesterday. Caeleb thought this was fantastic and started rolling all around the floor too, then insisted I join in! LOL She's now 14 weeks old and oh so adorable. Leb still love her to bits, although I think the novelty may have worn of to some degree, as he actually gives her a litte breathing space and does his own thing once more.

Would love an update from all of you, I love to hear how your little ones are growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlyfrog View Post
    I hope everyone else is doing well and staying healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celsie View Post
    SNAP!!!
    DOUBLE SNAP!!!! LOL

We've all had a horrid 6 weeks with sickness in our household. The flu hit us with a vengeance this year and poor little Matthew is still sick. He's had a fever for 5 days now and is on antibiotics. Back to the doctors tomorrow to make sure he's not dehydrated as he isnt drinking much at all - was told on Friday that if he didnt improve we'd have to take him to hospital to be put on IV fluids but I am determined NOT THE LET THAT HAPPEN even if it means giving him water using a dropper/syringe!!!!!!!

Celsie the preschool/kindy thing isnt a requirement here. There are basically 2 types of care (in NSW anyway) There is regular daycare and then there is Preschool. Only real difference is daycare takes kids from infancy whereas Preschool is either from age 2 or 3 and they concentrate more on getting them ready for Kindy at age 5. There are even private prep schools where the kids are actually tested and graded (a bit over the top for little ones if you ask me!!)

Well like most have you have said, Mikayla just doesnt shut up either these days! She's constantly talking or singing - the things she comes out with are so cute and sometimes very surprising. Its amazing what they pick up - we really have to watch what we say when she's around now!!

She absolutely LOVES preschool!! The teachers said she had a great day and fit in really well with the other kids - not that I thought she'd have a prob with that - she's a real social butterfly

Hope you are all well and getting through winter without too many nasties!! xx

Oh such a relief to hear about the swimming lessons Celsie!! Not that it's a great thing for your little ones to be sick all the time but that it wasn't just mine! I can't believe your little Zahley is already 14 weeks!! Where has that time gone?!?!?!?! Crazy!

Oh funny thing too! I forgot to mention - talking about kiddies saying funny things......DD#1 went to climb into the car the other day and tripped and landed on her knees on the floor of the car. Out loud but to herself she said, "Been walking long??"

And yes with the parroting! Chloe copies everything her big sister says........and what her big sister tries to teach her, yeesh Chloe was sitting in her high chair the other day and in her way, very animated, said, "Laugh!"so she laughed. "Cry!" so she pretends to cry and then she laughed and said, "Dead!" then poked her tongue out in that dead sort of look (lol) rolled her eyes then laid her head on her tray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teepee I think it'd be an absolute crack up to get our little girls together! ..........actually, after what I just shared, you may just think twice lol!

Hello? Anybody in here??

I keep meaning to post, but never seem to find the time, so I am sure you are all in the same position and haven't disappeared.

Diana is doing well. She is starting to talk in complete sentences, e.g. a few weeks ago she'd say "Donnie walk" if she wanted to walk. Now she says "I want to walk." She is not going to child care or pre-school but spends the day with her dad and I come home and feed her and play with her at lunchtime. She chatters all day long and tells everyone she meets about her day.

We haven't been swimming for months (or so it seems), as its been too cold, but plan to start again in the spring. I am also planning to enrol her in music lessons later on this year.

Hope you're all doing well.

With you Starfish! It feels like my days are fast being filled up with family, work, friends, life...... that to find a moment to type is rare. BUT I STILL LUVS YA'LL!! XX

Chloe is an absolute CRACK UP!! I know I've said it before but gosh is she a cheeky one! You ask her not to do something or to stop doing something......"I not" is the reply then out of the blue, crystal clear you'll hear, "I love you mum". What makes it even more gorgeous is how deliberate each word is...."I - love - you - mum". It's a giggle to watch her attempt new words how all these multiple syllables come out and yet somewhere in there you can actually distinguish the word that she was attempting. I was teaching her to say, "Goodnight spunky bottom" I think it sounded more like, "Good - night - b-spbunky-bot-tom" *snort*

She has been a rabbit of late and taken to kicking when getting her bot changed. So we have responded by taking her toys away. She is certainly cluey enough to understand what it's all about and that she has to earn her toys back. Still, she likes to test us but like the rest of you, I look at her and can't help but think oh my giddy aunt!! What a CUUUUUUTEY!!! Hehehehehehe I have chalk and cheese daughters but gosh they're divine.

Funny story - DD#1 had a tummy ache the other night so I laid in her bed with her for a while. I thought it was because she is a sausage when it comes to drinking her water (as in she won't) so I was trying to encourage her that that is why mummy and daddy want her to drink. Anyways, I tuck her in, say goodnight, jump back into bed and not 5 minutes later.....pitter patter quite fast to daddy's side. Then, "Daddy I don't....." and BLERRRRRRRK!! She vomits ALL OVER our bed AND her poor daddy (what a wake up!) So I jump up, grab towels to put underneath her whilst my poor husband is trapped in bed by vomit. DD#1 finally stops so I take her to bath and wash her hair. On the way she says to me, "Mummy, it was good that I came into you and Daddy wasn't it?" I say yes it was and then she says, "Coz then I didn't spit (aka vomit) in my bed"

ah the logic of those so young, lol!

Actually i am a little concerned for DD#1 as I've taken her to the dr with a clicky hip. we had an xray but her bone structure seems fine. However, her other hip is now clicking. it's so loud that when she walks into us in the middle of the night crystal clear you hear the clunk clunk. It's horrible. She occasionally complains of sore legs but the other day every time she sat her foot on the side of the clunky hip would hurt her so she'd stand and it'd be fine will probably be taking her back to the drs soon who was thinking that the next step would probably be an orthopedic surgeon! I HOPE NOT!! Hopefully we can begin with physio but we'll see.

Oh and my horrible face (I posted a thread a while back in the Gen Health about it) - it looks like I am 18 again with horrid acne. I now have to go to the drs as it may be a form of eczema, not acne. So I've been making it worse with the face cleansers ahhh I so hope it can get fixed soon, it's embarrassing.

Anywhos, nuff woffle and whine!! Thinking of you all, hope you are all well and staying healthy.

Charly xx

How funny - saw the dr today re: face and one of the options she has suggested is the pill! But! Dh doesn't want me to as he doesn't like the idea of putting hormone stuff through my body unnecessarily. Yet he doesn't want any more cherubs so I would've thought he'd be like "WOOT WOOT!" *sigh* See I see the pill as a two fold bonus - may clear my face but will be a wonderful contraceptive (was faithful to us for 4 years once before) and so, well you know, you don't have any interruptus in the 'moment'. What do you think? Is the pill too drastic for me?

I figured it'd only be for another 3 or 4 years anyways and by then we'd either have had or will be having our final baby and DH would then have the snippy snip or we'd have decided we were happy with our 2 girls and he'd still have the snippy snip

What do you think? Too drastic still? *sigh*

Hey Charly,

its up to you really, the pill has many pro's and con's, and each are different to each of us.....prehaps sit down with DH and talk about it more....tell him that if your not on the pill it feels like its killing the "moment"
    My face is starting to go funny now too, but im looking at the mirina only cos i suck at remembering the pill, and we def dont want another for a while if at all, but DP thinks that he can dtd without ANYTHING and we'll be fine!! I wish he would "kill" the moment at those stages lol
    I hope you can figure out what is best for you, if i were you i would take it, its not drastic, it will help clear your face and prevent any "accidents" until you are ready...but thats imo!!

Goodluck sweetie

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well, I keep forgetting to come and see if anyone has posted

Sounds like all the toddlers are doing great, Charly your girls sound like cheeky little monkeys! Regarding the pill, I used Diane for my skin and it did work a treat but it's so unnatural pumping those hormones in if you don't have to. My skin is better since having Lewis although it has been bad since I was about 15 so I am an expert! How about trying a naturopath?

Celsie - I didn't know Lewis' daycare was preschool as such, it does only take 2-5 yr olds but until Tina mentioned it as a preschool I didn't know! He is in the 2-3 yr old room and they do have a school readiness program in the 3-5 yr old room but in his room it is pretty much play and songs, music etc.

Unfortunately he hasn't settled in there just yet, it's been heartbreaking I must say. I know everyone has to go through it and he will get better but the tears at drop off just kill us. When I go to collect him he launches himself at me and is sooo happy bless him. But it's his 3rd week now and he is slightly better. He only goes 2 days a week so maybe it will just take a bit more time.

Also a few weeks before starting daycare he began with seperation anxiety at bed time so this has only made things worse I think. It's really bad, when he goes into his cot if I leave the room he screams and cries hysterically. It's genuine fright so I have to stay in his room until he falls asleep which can be a bit of a nightmare. Even during the day around the house I can't leave him alone without him panicking and coming to find me, it's pretty bad. Has anyone else been through this, it's apparently common at this age.

Apart from that he is doing well, he only speaks in two word sentences really but can say most things now, when I go in first thing in the morning he says Hello Baby! He likes to sing 'Twingle, Twingle Star Star' which is cute. He is really good with numbers and letters and is just obsessed with books. We recently moved into a house form a unit so we are loving spending time in the garden.

Oh and another bit of news, I am nearly 8 weeks pregnant. Obviously I am very nervous about it after my miscarriage but I had a scan last week and saw a heartbeat so fingers crossed this one is a sticky one . NOONE knows as yet until my 12 week scan. Although my stomach is so big already I don't know how I will hide it!

Anyway must get off, I'm planning an early night, Lewis has been waking up between 5am-6am lately, it kills me! What time do your little ones wake up?

Oh Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh Sarah Congratualtions sweetie!!! Wishing you a very happy and healthy 8months!!
    re seperation anxiety....Lachie went through it bad when he was younger, now during the day he'll just follow me around and stick to me like glue, it gets annoying but its not every day or all day, and its more like he'll miss out on something rather then actually missing me iykwim?
    Lachlan speaks in 2-4word sentences, mainly 2-3word (i.e hi baby or wheres dadda Rick gone?, yes calls dad by his first name lol), like Lewis is really into books and loves numbers and letters.
    As for what time he wakes up, well Lachlan still doesnt sleep through the night, so he can be up from 1-1000000 times, he'll 8/10 end up in our bed at some stage, he used to get up around 7-7.30, but now Rick has his own business his alarm goes off at 5.30...our new wake up time, sometimes i can get him back to sleep but generally only until 6-7 and not all the time either.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast