Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #5

hi everyone
    sorry we haven't been around much but I've been flat out organising jackson's child care for 2008 and sorting things for our trip to NZ in less than 3 weeks

we got Jackson's santa photo at DJ's in the city last week - it was pretty expensive but one of my friend's is working as a santa assistant so I promised her we'd go there - its in my gallery if you want a look

Jackson is now onto solid food - omg talk about a duck to water he loves it - he's only having about a tbsp of rice cereal and banana once a day but I think I'll start to give him a bit more as he just about pull the spoon out of my hand and feeds himself its too cute

Tina - hope your DH is getting better - thinking of you all - my DH ha only been in hospital once since we've been together but it was a horrible experience to see someone you love in pain so big hugs to you all

are any of the sydney mums and bubs interesested in a pre-Christmas meet up???\

sorry I haven't done anymore personal messages I'm thinking of you all and sending lots of Christma hugs your way

Love mel

Thanks Mel. DH is feeling much better now. I think alot of it had to do with stress.

Mikayla is now back on solids and loving it!! I can see a big difference from when we first tried it - she now opens her mouth and leans in towards the spoon so all is progressing perfectly!

Mel a meet up sounds good to me. Just let me know when and where.

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well.

Mel - Love Jackson's photo! He looks really relaxed there with Santa!

I just dropped Lewis at my MIL and went swimming, it was really nice and relaxing. I've decided to go once or twice a week as it's just around the corner from her. There's a little cafe there to so I've decided to swim and then sit and have a juice and relax a little on my own! Makes a nice change to walking, I swear I've walked every street for miles in the last 4 months!

My SIL is 12 weeks pregnant which is nice for me because it's like being pregnant again without the symptoms! I always dreaded her getting pregnant before me as it took me 2 years to conceive and she is one of those me, me, me girls, i wouldn't have been able to stand hearing her constantly talking about it. So it has all worked out well and Lewis will have a younger cousin in June.

Well I've handed out all my home made xmas cards and wrapped all my presents and it's still November! This stay at home Mum thing is pretty good hey! I think I need to go back to work, seems I have too much time on my hands!

Anyway Mel and Teepee, I would love to catch up before Xmas, just let me know the details. Only day I couldn't do would be a Monday.

Hi everyone

Sydney mums - I think there are a few of us meeting on the 10th of December (I think). I'll check the thread and confirm. All welcome to come along.

Tina - glad to hear that your DH and Mikayla are both doing well.

Mel - love the photo. I am wondering whether I should do something similar for Diana, but I am not sure if I can afford it. It would be a nice memory though. Decisions, decisions... Where abouts in NZ are you going? We're going to Wellington for Christmas.

Mum of Lewis - yay for your free time. What's your secret?? I never seem to have the time to get anything done...

Diana went swimming in a pool for the first time today. Unlike the sea, she seemed to enjoy it. Yay.

Are any of you waiting the full six months before giving your bubs solids? Diana seems ready and interested in solid food, but I am reluctant to give her anything before 6 months as I have been told not to by MCHN. Not sure what the right thing to do is... I think I will wait a few more weeks until she is 6 months and start then...

Zofia,

Regarding the santa photo, if you have a scanner at home or know someone who does, you can get your photo done and just buy one photo which I think was about $12. Then you can scan it, put it on a disc and print your own off!

Yes I am going to wait until Lewis is 6 months for solids as it is only 1 month to go and he seems happy enough with milk. I think the more their gut is developed the better.

Where are the Sydney Mums meeting on the 10th?

Zofia - we'll be in Wellington as well - my IL's live in Wainuiomata in the Hutt Valley we leave here on the 16th - the get together on the 10th sounds like a great idea

the only reason I started Jackson on some solid food earlier is because our paed said it might help with the constant vomiting and it has helped a bit he's only having rice cereal and a tiny bit of banana - I'll start introducing other foods when he's a bit closer to 6 months (which is only 2-3weeks away!!!!!)

hope everyone else is well and happy
    Mel

The 10th is a Monday so I wouldnt be able to make that. Wednesdays or Fridays would be best for me

I think we're meeting somewhere in Lilyfield. I don't think that the 10th is set in stone, so we may be able to change it. Here is the thread (although I can't seem to find reference to the 10th, which I'm sure that I had read somewhere, so maybe I'm wrong...) Sydney - inner west mother group - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby

Hi all! Just thought I'd pop in, have a quick squiz at how you are all doing and say hullooooo to all!!

We are taking the girls to see Santa on Wednesday and it will be a miracle if 3yr old DD takes part!! So we'll just keep it very casual and hey, it might mean I get to sit on his knee as well if it means DD will.................. poor love - santa that is - I'll probably break his knee!

Those of you who are thinking about solids, there are a few interesting threads in the BF gen discussion forum re this topic along with a massive scope of opinions!! Still, it makes for interesting reading in case you wanted a diverse range of thoughts and information. I'm undecided whether to start DD before or after Christmas as she will be 6 months in two weeks - can hardly believe that!! But she certainly isn't wasting away but she is starting to fight against me at alot of feeds again, and has been waking at around 4am over the past couple of mornings. Plus she watches me like a hawk when i eat.........but then I have my reasons for waiting..........might just have the baby cereal handy so I can start at any time.

Well I really should take the opportunity to get an early night

Thinking of you all and hoping you all remain/get healthy (same for all those fab daddies) so you can all enjoy the build and the festivities of Christmas with your precious little miracles!!

Mwa!!

p.s. I never thought I'd feel this way and dont tell DH, lol, but I have of recent found myself not wanting to see DD#2 as my last bubby...........

Just a quick one from us as I'm supposed to be packing to go on our first family holiday tomorrow! Woo hoo!

Caeleb went to see Santa on Saturday. He quite enjoyed him. Although, Santa didn't ask Caeleb what he wanted, but told him that he'd be getting a baby brother or sister soon and that it was DH's job to do it. WTF??? ROFL

I've started Caeleb on solids now. I know it's a couple weeks early, but he's really looking for them. We felt guilty when we ate in front of him, because he's pulling the food to his mouth and mouthing and saying mmmm... so we figured it was his way of saying "I'M HUNGRY!"

We've started on rice cereal with a teaspoon of pureed apples in for flavour, which he seems to like. I gave him some pureed sweet potato tonight and he LOVED it... and some avacado yesterday, when he quite liked too. I'm intending to make my own baby food when he starts to eat a decent amount. For the moment, I'm giving one that's just pureed vegetables on their own, Sweet Potato, Sweet Corn, Carrots and Beans. I've only tried the Sweet Potato, so it will be interesting what he thinks of the others.

I came across a great book in Big W called "Yummy Baby". It's brilliant. Loads of great receipies and heaps (can you tell I'm from SA? LOL) of information about nutrition and pitfalls to avoid. It was only $18 for a hardcover copy, so well worth it.

Charly - that's GREAT news! Can't wait to see TTC #3 in your signature.

Okay, it's getting late. Will see you all in a week!!!

Celsie. xoxox

Peach Guest

Red face

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA .. just have been insanely busy. Mackenzie is doing really well. She is sitting up and pulling herself around the lounge room floor. I wouldn't call it crawling, kind of rolling with purpose hehehe. We had a little incident last week when she rolled off the bed, I freaked out a little but she is ok now.. lets hope thats our accidents out the way for a little while!

We are all excited about Christmas and Im trying to not go tooo crazy buying gifts for our little DD, but there are sooo many cute toys to buy!

I am so far behind on my housework its overwhelming, I just seem to get alot more done at night when the family has gone to bed.. but I need sleep too!

I am going to try and make a bit more of an effort to have some 'me' time.. I miss BB!

My right breast is still leaking out breast milk from the abcsess. The nipple has dried up. Basically I either have to put up with it leaking out (It saturates my top within 2-3 hours.) or wean and put her on formula.. What would you do .. advice would be appriciated!

Solid food: I have been giving Kenzie apples and pears and rice cereal and thats about it, she loves fruit I think because its cold.. Oh and she grabed my ice block the other day and took a big suck and lick LOL. I am going to start veges on her 6 months birthday in omg 2 days time! AHRG!

Celsie: I hope you enjoy your holiday! We are going on ours in 2 weeks time .. very exciting! I'll have to pick up a copy of that book tomorrow, I'm going to big W so thats for the tip!

Charlyfrog: My DD#1 dosen't have a Santa photo for 2 years bevause she SCREAMED, and who can blame them.. Santa does look kinda scary for a small person!

Thats all I have time for.. I'll try to keep up this time!

:hugs: to everyone!

Jen

Hey how everyone jen i was reading your post have you started weaning my boy is 7 months old i don't know where to start he refuses the bottle?

Hi Girls,

J&T Mummy - Theres a good thread on here about starting solids. Also the Huggies website has a good section on it too.

Celsie - Where are you off on hols? How exciting.

Jen - Wow you have a speedy one on your hands!

Charly - Wow, will there be a number 3 for you after all then??! Funnily enough I always thought I would like a 3 or 4 year gap between kids and lately I am already thinking about ttc#2 when Lewis is one! Trouble is I don't know how long it will take as we went though IVF last time but they didn't know what the problem was so I've no idea what will happen next time.

I borrowed Robin Barkers baby and toddler meals from the library it was great. I'm going to start Lewis on rice cereal in a few weeks. He's 5 months today. I was wondering does it make them sleep longer when on solids?? Just wishful thinking really!!

Anyway I hear him stirring so must go.

Hey All,

Have a great holiday Celsie and Caeleb.

Re Solids, Lachlan has been on solids for the last 2 1/2months, but it has only been the last 2 weeks that he has had them everyday, and now he will eat a whole jar full! PIG lol he loves it makes a mess and then has a bath, he really loves his food, he even looks for more after he has finished, but i do stop at 1 jar lol

Jen: you do have a speedy one on your hands lol, my house seems like yours, and my way of cleaning it is like your routine too lol, Lachlan has just discovered he can move backwards on his tummy and so between rolling and moving backwards he gets around too, generally never in the same place i leave him, glad i dont have the xmas tree on the ground lol they are funny when they roll with purpopse, can you imagine when they crawl??

on that note about crawling Lachie did (once only though) did a comando crawl, i busted him half way through it, then when he noticed me he stopped and started to whinge lol, but if its like anything else he has done, he'll do it once then wait a week do it a couple more times, and then within 2-3days later he is doing it all the time! Funny how you figure them out like that lol
    He has his front bottom left tooth coming through, finally broke through the skin a few days ago!
    Better go, i have no choice but to clean now, we have an inspection on the house on thursday and my house (like i mentioned before) is trashed, i have not kept up with it like i should, and am now about to pay the penalty, until my mum comes up tomorrow to help! HEHE

BBL
    Take Care All

oh and MUMOFLEWIS you may find he will sleep longer if he is ready for solids as their little tummys are fuller, i noticed it when Lachie went from breast to bottle, he slept longer and then started not sleeping as long, when i put him on solids he started sleeping longer, i noticed the nights he didnt have solids his sleep would be over the place, now he has it every night, he sleeps are longer (at night only, as i only feed him tea). but you may find this differs with Lewis, ultimately the choice lays with you
    Last edited by naomi54; December 3rd, 2007 at 11:43 AM.

Celsie - have such a fab holiday!!! And LOL at DH's "Santa tip"!! Hilarious!!! So good that Caeleb was happy to have a sit on Santa's knee - what a gorgeous memory!

MumofLewis - I know!!! How bizarre that the thought of #3 has entered and now lingers in my mind.............. .............however, I am not confident of it being a "soon" thing as DH really feels that we are done so it might take a couple more years of him settling into enjoying 2, getting him comfy and back in possession of my body then I'll feed him, fan him with palm leaves and then gently approach the subject..............ooh, cheeky aren't I?!?! But again, am amazed that it has even entered my head!
    So, when you are ready for sticky vibes and baby dust, just say the word and I'll order a shipping container full of both for you and smother you in them!!

Jen
    - wow!! Yes your little one is certainly a go getter! DD#2 although not crawling, I call her my caterpillar!! She rolls over onto her tummy and then face plants, pushes her bot into the air and waves it side to side and then slides forward..........great ex foliation for her face mind you!!! LOL!!!

Naomi54
    - a tooth!!! A tooth!! How exciting!! How is/did Lachie cope with it?

Cute moments over the past couple of days as big sister has made DD#2 have a really good belly laugh session - soooo cute!!! DD#2 absolutely loooooooooooves her big sister. Its like she hangs out to see her and as soon as she does, her eyes lock onto her and she doesn't break focus and then waves her arms all over the place with big eyes and a huuuuge smile to match - it really is so precious!

Not so cute moments - in direct contrast of the above paragraph, DD#1 is reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly trying my patience and parenting to the point I broke down in front of one of my friends yesterday which I never do!!! Thankfully she too has a 3 year old and understood exactly what I was going through. *sigh* Just a phase but is currently doing my head in a making me question how qualified I truly am to be a mummy.................I know I'm really ok but in the heat of the moment its hard to see the wood for the trees iykwim.

Anywhos, that's my 5 minutes of free time up - LOL - so best go put kidlets to bed so I can have a cuppa with my adorable man before last feed for the night.

Chat soon lovely mummies!!
    Mwa!!!

j&tmummy - sorry if I am a bit slow but I think thats the first time I have seen you post in this thread so WELCOME!! xx Sorry if its not but great to meet you anyways!!

That sounds adorable Charly re DD#1 giving DD#2 a good old belly laugh, Lachie is the same with the eyes locking onto somebody, but instead of it being a sibiling its DAD, lol, he cant wait for him to get home, and then all he wants to do is be with him, even to the point where if im holding him and Rick is next to me, Lachie will rock him self back and forward until he gets to a stand (with a little help from mummy of course!) and then will lean over to Rick with open arms and a big smile, and wont give up until Rick takes him!
    Re the tooth, he started getting all the signs of a cold (and signs of a tooth), so he got a bit of a fever, runny nose, rosey cheeks (although they didnt happen until about a day before i felt the tooth), feeding over the place, all that about a week before the toothe broke through, now he better but wanting to bite and chew on EVERYTHING (including the high chair at tea time lol) his tooth not completely through but i can feel it, I have only used Bonjela a couple of times as it doesnt seem to bother him that much iykwim, ive given him panadol twice over the last wk and a half just to help him sleep more comfortable iykwim.
    but yes very exciting but very scary where is my little baby boy going??

Aaww how cute, I can't wait for Lewis to get a tooth!

Charly - I can imagine how hard it must be with 2 kiddies, so I'm sure the odd breakdown or two are completely normal! My sister only has 1 five year old to cope with and she was in tears the other day, She said she was ready to lock her in a cupboard for the weekend!

Just a quick question, Lewis can roll onto his tummy but not back again. Anyway I just went into his room and he was at the other end of his cot. This is the first time it has happened because he sleeps in an anti roll pillow. However he is obviously too big for it now. So what I'm scared of is if he rolls onto his tummy, what will he do? Will he wake up and cry? I seem to remember a discussion about it before, Charly I think it was your DD#2??

MumofLewis - DD#2 will constantly roll onto her tummy and generally will whinge until we go in and flip her back. As her room is close to our living area, I can tell when she has flipped as her whinging/crying protests sometimes sound muffled as she is yelling into the mattress and the little rabbit gets her arm between the wall and the cot which causes much unhappiness! I have too discovered her every which way in the cot - she can spin herself around and caterpillars on her front or bunny hops on her back (plants her heels and pushes herself towards the top of the cot) We've tried wrapping her legs in the bed sheets and pinning them to the end of the bed - have a couple of times wrapped her arms tight as well so she'll wiggle and then give up and sleep......but all in all she is houdini! When we have the cooler on I put her in a summer sleeping grobag but she can still manoeuvre/flip herself around in that! Cheeky mooch! I am not so worried now about her going to her tummy even though she hasn't learnt to roll back as I have watched her on her play mat and she knows how to rest her head - quite cute to see her laying there on her tummy, head to the side having a little quiet moment.

Its really only during the day we have the issues because she isn't as sleepy as what she is at night time - although I still check on her a couple of times, can't help myself Although bubbies move hands and legs during sleep (went in and DD#2 was fast asleep in the middle of the night with her legs in the air!! LOL!), I don't thinK they would move enough to flip themselves over, only when they are almost to fully awake so I thinK that he will definitely let you know if he has flipped himself and needs rescuing!

Oh and LOL at your friend wanting to lock her 5yr old in the cupboard Reassuring to know that its ok to have the odd brain fluff!

Naomi54 - Awwwwwwww!! That sounds so adorably cute your little man reaching out for his daddy!! How precious!! And I completely concur with wondering where our babies are disappearing too!! I so don't mind that DD isn't teething yet but only because I want to enjoy my gummy bear for as long as possible!! I remember feeling slightly emotional when DD#1 got her first tooth as she would never be my gummy bear again

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast