Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #6

OMG!! What a gig MumofLewis!!! Congratulations!! That's fantastic!!

And yes, morning sickness on top of all of that.............I'd need the potty as much as DD#1 in the end!!

Thinking of your little man, poor love! Hugs to him!!

Hi everyone

I am feeling rather proud of myself this week, as I am actually managing to get some housework done. I had been really slack ever since Diana was born (even before that actually) and only doing the bare minimum, so this week I finally decided that enough was enough and that the apartment needed a really good clean and tidy. So I am taking it slowly and doing one area at a time. The best thing is that Diana is now old enough that I can put her in the sling and do the work while I carry her. Its exhausting (which is why I am limiting myself to one big job/area a day), but kind of fun and rewarding. I like telling Diana what I'm doing as I do it. (Now what's the bet that now that I've written about it, I'm going to lose my motivation and not get anything done tomorrow?)

Tina - wow, you must have your hands full with Mikayla being so active. Diana is not quite standing or crawling yet, but she is certainly trying. Today she fell off the couch as she rolled/crawled to the edge while DH and I had our backs turned. DH is still angry at himself for letting it happen, but I am actually grateful that it wasn't anything more serious. Going to have to keep a way closer eye on her now.

Sarah - my job interview went well, but unfortunately the position was filled internally. I have another interview on Monday for a much better sounding job though, so maybe it was meant to be that I didn't get the other one. Fingers crossed I get the job I'm being interview for this Monday (and that if I do I can work the hours I want, etc) .

Princessmya - not sure when AF is supposed to return, but I think it varies wildly depending on the individual (I know that's not very helpful). Yay for Ashley getting her two front teeth for Christmas! And how cute that she's talking. Diana has said "mummy", "dad", "hello","hi" and "baby", but no association either, she just makes the sounds at this stage. How cool will it be when they do make the association? Looking forward to that.

Hi everyone

Sarah Mikayla has been rocking on her hands and knees for months now but she still doesnt crawl properly. She gets around really quickly but its more of a caterpillar crawl. She gets on her hands and knees and pulls her legs foward but instead of moving her hands at the same time she drops back down to the floor and pulls her body along. I really dont think she'll ever do a proper crawl.

I've dropped her off at my mums today for a little break. She's turning into a little nightmare. Now that she's worked out that she can stand she's trying to pull herself up onto everything. This morning she grabbed onto our TV cabinet, pulled herself up and was playing with the volume on the TV and she's also now trying to stand at the coffee table. I really wont be able to leave her alone for a second!!!

Zofia dont feel too guilty about Diana falling. I know you must feel guilty and I dont leave Mikayla on the lounge any more for that exact reason but they're going to get sooo many bumps and bruises over the next couple of years especially when they start walking!!

Princessmya congrats on hearing those precious words!! I've been trying to get Mikayla to say "dada" but no luck yet.

Tina - your ticker is super cute!!!

Celsie. xoxox

Thanks Celsie.

We got her a cabbage patch doll for Christmas and she's forever trying to steal the plastic dummy from its mouth LOL

I've just posted photos in my photo gallery of Mikayla standing in her cot if anyones interested in having a look

Oh my goodness Teepee!! How clever is your little girl?!?! Not to mention absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the cabbage patch pic!! Too cute!

Small vent coming up, hope you don't mind....... Had a great night last night hanging out with friends but neither of my girls wanted to sleep So it felt like from 6.30am yesterday morning right until we were home and putting the girls to bed after midnight I was switched on without a mental break............its these moments where I am really not interested hearing about how relaxed a day DH had at work........!!! Then when DD#2 eventually fell asleep, DD#1 was being a complete ratbag and through a toy in the porta cot and banged the side to get her little sisters attention!!! Unbelievable!! Then I had to do a massive clean up of DD#2 as she has been pooing every second day which of course makes for a large deposit and it came out on the way home and boy did it come out!!!!! Then of course, DH goes to work today and its another one of those relaxed days for him and I'm home with two tired girls!!!

It really is a bit of a shock as DD#1 as a baby would chow down no worries from 6 months on wards and sleep anywhere in her porta cot........DD#2 can't really be bothered with solids atm and she is officially 7 months tomorrow and its a long task of getting her to sleep if we are out and about or even if we have visitors.........social butterfly!

Okeedokee, vent over...........just really tired that's my problem right now but by the time I can get that 'alone' moment, its around 8.30/9pm-ish and all I want to do is crash.........yeesh!

Alrighty, DD#1 keeps coming over to me asking me to play so best go be her 'hair doll' so she can be a pretend hairdresser, teehee!!

Hope everyone is well! Are you back yet Jen???

Oh and Celsie - thanks so much for your reply in the toilet training threads! I really appreciated it! xx

Mwa!!

Peach Guest

Hi Everyone!!!
    Long time no post! I thought I'd put a post on here to let everyone know I'm back .. then catch up with the thread .. alot of reading to do! I have moved interstate and am in the process of unpacking ... fun stuff!We also went on a holiday for 4 weeks over the Christmas break to the inlaws and it was lovely .. but it is nice to be home iykwim

Kenzie is just a bundle of joy!! She has one tooth (23rd of December) so was nice it came through before Christmas so she wasnt so grizzly. She is *almost* crawling now and I can't leave her for even 1 second with out her reaching grabbing or pulling something that is not for babies! She has a toy shop on the floor most days .. but always goes for the non baby items in the lounge! Its challenging unpacking and is taking 1000 times longer than it should but... we will get there!

Lately she is just stuck to me like glue! She cries when she goes to anyone else (even daddy) and cried when I walk out the room. She would be hopeless in child care Im so glad Im a stay at home mum for the next 5 years till she starts school. Looking forward to taking her to playgroup though.

I will do personals a little later when I have caught up on the thread sionce my last post. Can't wait to read what everyone is up to!

Jen

Hi Girls,

Welcome back Jen! What a big job moving interstate.

Teepee - I can't believe Mikayla's pictures! What a cheeky madam! I showed DH and said she is only 2 days older than Lewis. He panicked when he knew he will be doing the same soon enough!

Lewis has been sleeping for nearly 2 hours, I'm just waiting for him to wake up so I can go shopping for my new diet! I'm calling it the final phase as I want to be back to my original weight for Lewis's christening next month. It's one of those low GI diets where you eat veg soup for 3 days and then start introducing other foods. Can't wait...NOT!

Lewis has got a new smile! I presume it's because he has teeth now but he has started doing one of those cute grins where his lips are tight together and his nose wrinkles up! He looks so cheeky especially as his cheeks look like ping pong balls!

Hope you are all well.

Hi everyone

Well, we've had quite a good weekend. On Saturday Diana went to her friend's third birthday party. It was quite good, not as hectic as I expected, although I think all the parents were secretly thinking that there wasn't enough alcohol, lol. It was good though. She was too little to play with the other kids. One little boy tired to play with her, picked her up, then put her down and she tipped over and hit her head on the floor. Poor little thing, and poor little boy, he kind of ran away after that. Still all good.

Yesterday, Diana managed a three hour sleep during the day. Woo hoo! I managed to sleep for two of those hours and felt so refreshed afterwards (and then exhausted myself doing housework all evening ). Diana then wouldn't go to sleep at night. Sigh. So I had to carry her around in the sling while I did the cooking, laundry, etc. At one point Diana started pulling on my top and bra, telling me that she wanted breastmilk. What a clever little girl! After a feed, she went to sleep for a few hours (thankfully), before waking up again at midnight. So all in all, I'm not sure if that long lay sleep was worth it. It was brilliant at the time though.

Welcome back Jen - Diana is like Kenzie - she has lots of toys, but always goes for the one non-baby thing that I have forgotten to get out of her reach!

Sarah - what's Lewis's website password?? I'm sure I've asked this before, but where abouts in Sydney are you? Good luck with your diet.

Hi to everyone else.

Hi everyone. Back from the Hunter and already wishing we could go on another holiday!!

Mikayla was really good - she had a great first holiday! She slept right through the night in her portable cot which was wonderful- I wish I could work out why she doesnt do that at home!!

Sarah I take back what I said before we left. Mikayla is now crawling properly . She was going a hundred miles an hour while we were away. I think it was the carpet that did it. We have tiles and floorboards in our house with a rug for her to play on but I think the cushiony surface encouraged her to take the plunge!! There really is no stopping her now

Oh and I mentioned that we were trying to get her to say dada... My parents came to the Hunter with us and all the way there in the car my mum was trying to get her to say it - then all of a sudden she started to say "baba". My mum would say "dada" and Mikayla would reply "baba". I'm sure she thinks she's saying it right. It was very cute but she hasnt shut up since We have a talkative little girl on our hands now! And... she's continuously trying to stand up - she pulls herself up onto everything!!!

Charly I hope the girls have settled down for you now and you've managed to get some well deserved rest

Jen great to hear from you and congrats on Kenzie's tooth - they're growing up so fast!!

Zofia - LOL at that poor little boy - he must have been mortified

Have any of the other bubs had bad dreams at all??? Mikayla seems to be really unsettled at night, crying and moaning in her sleep, and a couple of times has woken up and I've found her scrambling to get out of her cot (even did it in the portable cot the other day). When I pick her up she goes straight back to sleep on my shoulder but makes these little squinting faces in her sleep like she's seeing something scary! I cant imagine what she'd be dreaming about but I feel terrible for her. Not sure if she's in pain (possibly teething) or is just having bad dreams. Any insight???

My little munchkin is getting sleepy so better go put her to bed and hope she stays there for the night. Take care all xx

Tina - Woo hoo for Mikayla!!! Caeleb isn't even close to crawling! I'm SO jealous!!! I'm glad you had a lovely time away. A doctor told me about a month ago that crying out in the night is to do with teething. Maybe have a look for more teeth?!?

Starfish - how does Diana go sleeping at night? Is she good? If she is, then it kinda pays off for her not sleeping during the day, IYKWIM?

Sarah - have you got an outfit organised for Lewis yet? If so, are we able to get a sneak peak? If you haven't bought one yet and you're going to a traditional romper or gown, I highly suggest you stay away from raw silk. Caeleb's was and you can't get it dirty or wet in the slightest because it doesn't come out! His outfit was $250 (reduced from $400) and has massive drool marks on it, even though it's been dry cleaned.

*Jen* - Kenzie being clingy is normal at this age. They start to really understand the concept "Stranger Danger". All the books I've read suggest now is the best time to leave her with a trusted babysitter for a couple hours to try and avoid her being too clingy when she's older... worth a thought anyway.

Charly - I wanted to share with you a little trick someone taught me tonight. Caeleb is a bit like your DD# 2, with solids, he'll take them or leave them and is far more interested in what's going on with everyone else around him. So, tonight whilst trying to feed him some mashed veges, someone suggested giving him his own spoon, so he could "feed" himself (SUPER CUTE!!! He got it in his eye and up his nose, but had a ball) and while she's distracted trying to feed herself, pop a few extra mouthfulls in. Worked like magic!!!

I'm going to have to cut my post short. Caeleb has just woken up crying. Not sure what's wrong, might be a bit warm.

Will try to post again tomorrow.

Night ladies!

Celsie. xoxox

Thanks Celsie. Mikayla doesnt have any teeth yet so I wasnt too sure of the signs. Last night was a bad one again I've had a feel around but cant feel anything. Her gums are getting harder but the only ridges I can feel are on the sides.

Hi,

Teepee - When Lewis's bottom teeth came through, they came from towards the front at first, not on top of the gum so maybe she does have some on the way. ALso they come so quickly. His top left one wasn't even showing but it popped through the day after the right one. Lewis sometimes cries out in his sleep. I just thought he was dreaming of a big bath of milk, with lots of toys floating in. What else could they be thinking about?!

Celsie - You saying now is a good time to introduce a babysitter made me feel loads better about my MIL having him for 3 hours a week. And good too because I don't want him to be clingy.
    Yes I have got the christening outfit sorted. It's an orthodox christening so they go to church in their normal clothes and then after the 'dunking in the font' they change them into his christening outfit. It doesn't have to be white, so we have got him the cutest little suit. It's a baby blue trousers and vest, with a chocolate brown shirt with baby blue polka dots on! And then we are having cupcakes to match, chocolate with baby blue icing! Plus all the ribbons, almonds etc are in the same colours too. I will definitely put photos up, in fact I have already taken one of him in the shirt so will put that on tonight.

Starfish - the password for Lewis's webpage is : password and the email is sarahchance2002@yahoo.com.au I am going to try and put some new photos on tonight.
    I live in Rosebery not far from Baby Kingdom.

Anyway must go because I'm at work!

Thanks Sarah I'll have a better look at her gums. I have noticed that they are getting whiter so maybe your right and they're on the way!!

My poor little munchkin got her first bump today!!! She was standing up at the coffee table (pulling things out of the draw!!) and she fell backwards hitting her head on the tiles - she hit the floor so hard I heard the crack The weird thing was she didnt even cry! She had a whinge for a few seconds but that was it. I quickly put a bag of frozen peas on the back of her head but that didnt stop the nice big lump from popping up. My poor baby - the first of many bumps and bruises I'm sure!!!

Oh Teepee!! Poor little love! But you're right! The first of many, many, many, many, many..........etc! Lol! I can't believe she is crawling already!! That's huuuuge!!

Celsie - thanks so much for the tip! You're a real wealth of information hun! I really appreciate your posts! Mwa!! xx

MumofLewis - oh your little man is going to look so so adorable!!! Look forward to the pics! And I love how you are co-ordinating everything! That is such a great and special idea!! You're so clever!

Starfish - how's Diana going now? I hope you're not getting too exhausted!

DD#2 isn't crawling yet but can get where ever she feels the need to go! Hehe! But just today she has worked out how to push herself up on her hands and knees at the same time...so probably won't be too muchlonger and I'll behearing DD#1 call out, "Mum!!!!! She's got my toys! She won't leave me alone!!" Woohoo!! Lol!!

Was laying on the rug this morning chatting with DH and DD#1 was crawling all over my head and chest and then I yelped as DD#2 had rolled over to my toes and bit them with her two sharp little teeth!! Yeouch!!

Well, really need a cuppa so might go grab one with a muffin (ooh, yummo!) whilst the girls are asleep...............bbl lovelies!

Mwa!!!

LOL Charly, Lewis pounced on my toes the other day too. I thought there must be a stray kitten in the house! He has also started doing some hilarious 'rocking actions' when on his hands and knees, let's just say he seems to be getting into practice for when he's much older!

Hi,

Just a quickie, I've updated Lewis's photo gallery on his web page, including his christening outfit that he will be wearing. If anyone fancies a look:

password: password
    email: sarahchance2002@yahoo.com.au

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast