Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2007 #6

Hi Girls,

Welcome to the new Mums, it's great hearing about new bubs!

Debbie - Sorry to hear your AF arrived. Just think each AF that comes is one closer to getting a BFP! Well that's how I used to look at it, not that it did much good for a while there But it will come.

Tina - Sorry to hear about your flooding, what a pain, especially when your sister is here.

Starfish - I'm hunting on ebay too for a playpen or gate, I think I will get a playpen that opens up to a room divider because we have a big opening that's too big for a gate.

Elliebelly I can really understand how you feel about childcare, it's only natural. My MIL looks after Lewis and I was very teary the first week but I know he is fine and you do get used to it. Mel the Kiwi Mum had the same experience too and she will probably tell you that Jackson is loving it now. I really appreciate my time with Lewis now and I think he receives better attention from me as we have less time together.

Lewis has been doing his usual and waking up at 4.30am and not going backto sleep for 2 hours. But this morning he woke up at 5am and then after his bottle he went straight back to sleep until 700am! It was great. He had a late night last night , 8pm instead of 7pm so maybe that was it.

I tried him with a bit of toast but it just stuck to the top of his mouth. Does that happen to anyone else? Do you leave it or fish it out?

His crawling is developing, he now shuffles his legs forward and then lifts his right arm and it kind of swings in the air for a few seconds before he does his belly flop! His left arm is fixed solidly to the ground!

Well it's miserable today, we are just off to Aldi to stock up on nappies and wipes. Does anyone else use Aldi nappies? They're great and much cheaper than Huggies.

Oh and BTW Target have a great baby sale on this week, cheap clothes and nursery things.

Hi to everyone else. Oh and Charly I am very jealous to hear of your hols! Lucky you it will be lovely

Hi all,
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

Clarlyfrog - Tadhg is pronounced as Tige, ie tiger without the 'r". DH and I call him Tigey Bear. Tadhg is ancient galic for Poet - DH is Irish. We also have a very nice Irish girl name. Maybe we can use it next time???
    Congrats on your holiday booking. We love the Great Ocean Rd, it's breathtaking! We got married on the beach just outside Appolo Bay. We still go there as much as we can. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Jadelil - Talking about a good night sleep. Tigey Bear slept 13.5 hours last night!
    I'm trying to make this childcare thing a positive change. Hopefully this mindset will make it earsier for Tigey Bear, DH and I. If there is any consolation, I read somewhere on BB that younger the bubby, easier it is for them to adapt. Let's just enjoy the time together with our bubbies.

I read some of the posts as I'm still learning the names of the baby buddies and trying to follow your stories. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to the conversation as I get to know you better.

When Tigey Bear stared solids, the MHN told me that he will slowly reduced the amount of formula he is taking to around 700ml per day. Now two months later, he is still taking just over 1 liter of milk plus 2-3 solids a day. What are your bubbies having?

p.s. Can't do spell check for some reason??

Sarah and Elliebugs[/COLOR] - couldn't agree more - the first couple of weeks of child care were pretty hard - more for me than for Jackson - but I can see he absolutely loves it and I definitely make the most of our time together now

Sarah - sounds like Lewis and Jackson are on the same sleep pattern at night - waking at 4:30 and occasionally at midnight as well depending on what time he went to sleep - Jackson will usually go back to sleep for around an hour and a half so I don't often have to set my alarm cos he usually wakes me at 6 - and I've just started using Aldi nappies - found our local Aldi at Nth Strathfield and they're awesome

Charly - yay on the holiday - I'm sure you'll have an incredible trip - you'll have to tell us all about it when you get back , I would love to do the Great Ocean Rd trip - we're going to the USA in May for my brothers wedding and I'm like you already counting down the sleeps - 88 for us now

hi to everyone else - better go and get Jackson ready for bed

Mel

Hello lovely June Mums!

We've been MIA as I've returned to work two days a week and now have to squeeze five days housework and raising my child into three!

Big news!!! HE CRAWLS!!! Finally! LOL I think he's the last one in our mother's group to do so. Also, he said "Mum". He calls for me when he's upset. Winge and then Mum... sooooo cute!!!

I've started to make my own baby food as Caeleb is refusing to eat the commercial stuff. And it's YUM!! I'm so proud of myself.

I heard a rumour that one of our girls is pregnant, although it doesn't look like she's been in here to tell us...

Celsie. xoxox

Who's pregnant???????????????

Oh please do tell

I've had to go in to work a fair bit lately because we're one man down so havent had much of a chance to post.

We have 2 teeth!!!! One is about half way out and the other has just broken through the gum. FINALLY!! I hope this means we'll get some sleep at night now. Well at least until the next lot come through.

We have Mikayla's Christening on Sunday so its been pretty busy here. My sister bought a gown over from London. Its a traditional long, ivory gown and its absolutely gorgeous.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for the lack of personals will try to come back later tonight to catch up on the new posts.

Well i'm sneaking off to check the pregnancy announcement thread b4 i get Mikayla her bottle...

WHO'S PREGGERS???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PUT YOUR HAND UP!

Hey Tina, it's Lewis's christening on Sunday too! I'm just making some white chocolate truffles to serve with the coffee. YUM!

LOL - I don't think I should be the one to tell... but if you look in the TTC 1-6 month treads, you might find someone you know.

Celsie. xoxox

p.s. Tina - if that gown is raw silk, don't get ANYTHING on it, it can't be cleaned.

Ahhhhh thanks for the clue Celsie I just found our winner!!

Congratulations my dear I'm so so so happy for you MWA!

Hope it ends up being a nice day for us Sarah - this Sydney weather has been atrocious lately hasnt it. We're having ours at a restaurant - just not enough room at home. Were you the one who was making the cookies?? If you were I stole your idea I made some little bags for the kiddies with 3 ginger cookies in them (2 stars and a butterfly). It was a brilliant idea - thanks!! Lewis is going to look so handsome in his new little outfit - cant wait to see the photos. Hope you have a great day xx

Yes Celsie it is raw silk. Thanks for the heads-up. I'd hate for something to happen to it as my sister and I want it to be a family heirloom!! We tried it on Mikayla today - perfect fit - the only problem is she moves around too much - I thought she was going to tear it!!

Tina - even water will stain raw silk. Caeleb has massive drool marks on his romper that didn't come out when they were dry cleaned. I highly suggest getting her dressed at the church and then a matching silk bib! GOOD LUCK MIKAYLA & LEWIS!!!

Celsie. xoxox

p.s. Oh and CONGRATULATIONS to our special June Mummy!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to ??? How exciting, our first pregnancy!

Tina - We are having our christening in a restaurant too, but the restaurtant where DH is a chef so we are catering it ourselves. Well DH is, I"m just supervising!
    The weather says 23 and fine at the moment, but who knows. Not exactly hot though.

Can't wait to see Mikayla's dress! Don't forget the hairband

OMG!! Soooooooooo exciting!! Congratulations ..............!!!

(had a peek, we know who you are! )

Peach Guest

~ Hi June Mummies ~

The past few weeks have been sooo hectic for my little family! Whew! I have had 3 lots of interstate visitors come and stay with us and my in laws are currently out on a sight seeing tour with out me!! YAY! I needed some time to my self iykwim! So I thought I'd come and quickly say hi I havent dropped off the end of the earth, it sure is busy and tiring with so many guests (even though they are family .. sometimes it worse!! )

Kenzie is now cruising round the furniture ... I dont want my baby to grow up!!! Her sleeping is just wonderful and we have developed a routine So happy right now!

A big HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! to everyone and hope your DH's don't forget! I just wanted an extra I love you and a special kiss Seems sometimes our life is so busy we forget to spend that quality time together that we used to take for granted ...

Will come and post aga soon (After monday everyone will have gone home.)

Jen

Just testing to see if my ticker works

D'oh

in a beautiful beachy community with few people

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LUCKY LADY! Very happy for you!

Hello everyone, gees, you stay away from this forum for a little bit and so much happens! Welcome to all the new comers, I was a late entry here too! its great though, everyone here is so lovely!

Well, we are very excited as we have booked a holiday too! We are off to thailand, we were married there 2years ago in april. And we have friends who are living there and are expecting their first bub in July, so we are heading over so our bubs can meet and we can meet the bubs! and to have a lovely holiday too! We are going in sept, too long to have a count down yet! but still very excited. But I was shocked when I found out that babies, under 23mths do not fly for free on international flights! With Thai airways it is 20% of the fare, but they still have to sit on your lap..not happy about that.
    I hope you, Charlyfrog and Mel have a great time on your hols!

Dane is going great. I have got him an Baltic Amber teething necklace and it has seemed to lessen his dribbling. I am not sure if it has helped in pain relief but he definitely has got less grizzly, but that could be because he already has 7 teeth through,and was at the end of the cycle iykwim. it seems like it may have been a bit late to really help. But I will just keep it on him and hopefully it helps with the next batch of teeth! Plus it looks really really cute! I will keep u updated of how i think its working!

On the snacks, I think teepee2 you were asking for an alternative snack, well I give Dane Baby Mum Mum rice rusks, from Woolies. They say on the packet for 12mth+ but I didnt see that till i got home, but seeing Dane nearly has a mouthful of teeth, i thought I would give them a try and he LOVES them! You can also mush them up and serve with milk or water. But I just break them up to pieces that he feeds himself with. They kinda dissolve in your mouth anyway! The sodium is 290mg per 100g, but the rusk only weighs 2.1g, so not alot.

Sarah and Mel I think Dane is now on a kinda similar sleep pattern to u guys, he wakes sometime around 12am, then if I am lucky he goes through til about 4.30, then back down til 5.30 - 6am. I sometimes get a 2.30 wake up call! We dont need an alarm either!If i am unlucky he wakes every hour and strangely the same time, every hour, He will wake say 1.22am, then 2.22 and so on. It is weird as it happens quite alot, the same time thing!

I have made a pen type thing in my lounge room with the coffee table and a couple of dining chairs! I will try paint you a picture! We only have one lounge and one chair, tv unit and coffee table in the lounge. basically I put the coffee table between the chair and lounge, blocking off the kitchen and on the other exit to the dining area, between the chair and wall i have 2 dining chairs lying down (they are padded all over) so he cant escape! It is great for when I am in the kitchen cos he can stand up against the coffee table and watch me, and he just walks the whole lounge room by holding on to all the furniture! He has started walking along the coffee table with one arm and letting go a couple of steps before the lounge suite and free walks and plonks on the lounge! so so cute!

Celsie - congrats on bubs crawling, i was very excited when Dane started, now I wish he would stay still!

Tina and Sarah, best of luck for your christenings, I hope bubs are on best behavior for you both, but then you will probably have funny stories if they play up! Make sure you let us all no how it went.

sorry such a long one! it is pouring rain at the moment, and has been for ages, i am sick of the rain! Floods too, but so far we have been ok, cant drive anywhere at the moment, and taking advantage of dane sleeping so well in the cooler, dark weather!

have a great day ladies!
    Last edited by Missbanana; February 15th, 2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: had wrong rusk weight!! :)

Missbanana - I have never heard of the Baltic Amber teething necklace! What is it and how does it work?? DD has her two bottom teeth but there is a white spot to the right of them as well as her two top teeth on the verge of popping through so she has been very grumpy to say the least (if I leave her sight apparently this coincides with the world ending lol!)

Hope all had a lovely valentines day!

DH is just so scrummy! He arrived home the night before with a massive bunch of flowers for me and a single precious pink "lizzie" flower in heart wrapping for DD#1! But its so funny how times have changed being married for a while as well as having kidlets, hehe! PIL's came up last night so DH & I could at least pop out to the shops together. We at least stopped for a choccy milkshake but not before we bought a new toilet seat with the step and rails for DD#1, as well as a portapotty with liners to have in the car AND a cushy travel toilet seat that unfolds to sit over any toilet seat so DD won't fall in, lol as well as a new stroller to take on our holidays as our current pram will just take up way too much room..................and the hilarious thing was we were so excited to show the folks when we got home!! MIL laughed as she too saw how life has changed for us, for the better of course! I also had a giggle with her as I said what she was thinking, "My my, in your day there wouldn've been none of this!" We have it so great and I love it!! Hahaha!

So that was our valentine's, teehee! DH did sneak a cute card under my pillow as well. The other moment I had yesterday was that DD#2 was officially 8months old and I can hardly believe it. Too fast, way too fast!

Hey Jen! Lovely to see you again. That's so good that Mackenzie is sleeping so well! Yay!! Hope you get some good rest after being hostess for so many! Phew!! You're amazing! Chat soon, xx

Can hear DD#2 so best scoot, bbl lovelies,
    Mwa!!

Hi everyone. Only have time for a quick one today as I need to clean clean clean!!

Celsie I went out and bought a silk bib today - just in case!! Thanks again for the warning xx

Great to hear from you Jen and its wonderful to hear that Kenzie is doing so well. Your right though - they are growing up way too fast!!

MissB - thanks for the tip in the rice rusks. I think I might have heard of those b4. I'll have a look next time i'm in woolies. LOL @ your makeshift playpen. We had to buy one for our place because Mikayla is the same as Dane - she's forever standing up and making her way around the room - we have tiles and she hit her head a couple of times so I put an end to her freedom and she now happily plays in the pen - I think she quite likes it because she stand up as much as she likes without having to hear us say "no" all the time. And I cant believe Dane has 7 teeth - what a big boy!!!

Charly how gorgeous was it of your DH to buy DD#1 a flower - very precious - she must have loved that!

Sarah hope you all have an awesome day tomorrow - cant wait to hear all about Lewis' special day. Oh and I'll be putting that headband on... over Matt's dead body!!! ROFL :P

Take care ladies xx

Hi,

Yes I'd like to know about the teething necklace too!

Tina - Hope you have a great christening too, I'll be glad when it's all over tbh, I much prefer attending other people's functions than planning my own!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast