Default Babies Born June 2007 #7

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in June 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Last edited by Trillian; April 5th, 2008 at 05:24 PM.

Peach Guest

Afternoon Everyone!

Just when I decide that its a washing day to do all the sheets and stuff .. it rains! Typical! Kenzie is alot more settled today, she is getting used to playing on the floor again although still hates going in the portacot with her toys while I have a shower etc.. I had to put the rubblish out and she screamed so loud I could here her plain as day out in the street .. what must the neighbours be thinking!

Starfish :: Wow! for Diana, I haven't even thought about potty training yet. I think we might start at about 18 months. Happy 8 Month Birthday for Diana!

MumofLewis :: I just noticed Lewis's ticker .. very cute photo!

Still no sign of AF for me .. starting to wonder if I should go get a another preg test .. should I just wait and see? I am so impatient!

Jen - thanks for 8 months wishes for Diana! RE lack of AFF - are you trying to TTC? Good luck with the outcome.

Okay, I can't remember who asked this in the other thread. I think it was Sarah - no I didn't have much luck with the playpen on e-bay. It ended up going for nearly the same price as a new one. So I ordered one from the shop, which still hasn't come in.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're having a great day. It's the first sunny day here in what seems like ages, so I was thinking of taking Diana to the pool to go swimming, but she didn't want to go. As soon as I out her in the pram she started sooking. So we ended up staying home. On the up-side, she is currently asleep. Yay. So I might take advantage of this and go and do some art. BBL. Have a lovely day!

Peach Guest

Hey Everyone!

Had pretty good day today, went to Target and Big W to get some winter clothes for Mackenzie .. is everyone buying size 0 or size 1 for winter? I have a mixture of both..sometimes the size 1 stuff seems soo big!

Spent 2 and 1/2 hours trying to put Kenzie to sleep and she slept for 20 mins .. what a little darlin!!

Starfish :: We are just seeing what happens .. if we fall pregnant then great if not .. we can wait. I would like to love 10 kilos before we actively TTC ... but we'll see .. still no sign of AF
    Talk soon

Jen

hi everyone

on the subject of playpens - we got ours off ebay - and I ended up waiting till one ended at about 7am and there was no one else bidding so we got it for 50 bucks which was pretty lucky cos they usually sell really fast - I'd just say keep trying - but I also saw one at Target for $90 if you want one brand new

Jen - I've been trying to buy some clothes for Jackson lately - but its really hard - some brands he is into size 0 pants e.g. big w and others he still fits 00 and the 0 pants look huge - so I figure he'll be 12 months and still wearing 0 pants it would be so nice if there was some standard sizing

work is going OK and we're now into a pretty good routine with day care on Thursday and Friday and mum has Jackson on Wednesday - I've just started back for my 4 days a week and my DH has Jackson now on Tuesday - our 1st one this week was a bit of a disaster with Jackson deciding not to sleep more than half an hour in one go

well everyone will do some personals as soon as I've caught up on more of the news - saw some of the gorgeous christening pics of Mikayla - what a little angel princess

luv and hugs
    Mel

Hey all, sorry not much time today but just wanted to say HI to janeo, nice to hear from you!

Hello ladies, im not sure if any of you remember who I am but I have been to this thread but many months ago.
    I had my baby on the 1st July 2007 but was due in June so therefore I chatted with some of you in the belly buddies for June section.
    Anyway! I have a prob with my baby girl Aliyah.
    She refuses to sleep in her cot and insists that she spend every single night with me in my bed, meaning that hubby has to sleep in the spare room.
    She is crawling everywhere, pulling herself up holding onto whatever she pulls herself up on, has a million and one toys, and a big sister (who is 7 years old) to enteratin her so she should be buggered by the end of the day but no.
    She will only settle in my arms if i rock her to sleep. Wont do it for hubby. She will go down in her cot on a good nite for an hour then wants to get back up (usually as we are going to bed) and wants to play again, and then wants to sleep with me in my bed. This has been going on for a month now. My housework is suffering, im snappy at my hubby for no reason, and I feel that im not spending enough time with my other daughter as im so buggered at the end of the day just from keeping up with and entertaining Aliyah.
    Hubby works looong hours and commutes from wollongong to syd everyday, and my mother refuses to help out and give me even 1 hour to myself as she rekons that Aliyah is a little "madam". Hubby's family are 4 hours away and all my girlfriends either work or have kid issues themselves so I have no-one to help with advice or stratigies.
    She has 2 teeth and dosent seem to be teething, eats everything in sight-- solids and bottles, and dosent sleep alot during the day. I do put her in my bed during the day as I was told that it was a good idea that babies get used to sleeping in different surrondings, and she can settle herself better in my bed during the day than in her cot, although she is starting to get off and crawl around the room (its a very low to the floor bed)
    She cries if I leave her for 2 seconds will follow me everywhere, so basically I have to sit and play with her from the time that DD1 goes to school till the time she gets home, and she plays with her while I try and get stuff done!
    I feel like im babbling now so I will stop. Its gotton so bad that its stressing me to the point ive taken up smoking again and I dont want to, but that 5 mins is like heaven!!
    At one stage late last year i thought i was pregs again luckily am not. I feel like im going crazy.
    I just really want her to sleep in her cot. All night every night.
    Please...... ADVICE!!!!!
    THANKYOU FOR READING AND SORRY FOR THE LONG POST xxx

Hi,

Mackusz - You poor thing, you sound like you are having a terrible time. You have so much on your plate. I can't offer much advice really but have you rang Tresillian? They are 24 hours a day and are trained to help you with everything. They will definitely be able to offer you some help with the sleep issues. Google them they have a hotline number. You really need some time out which is so hard when you aren't getting much help and no break from Aliyah. We are all here to listen so vent as much as you need to. Maybe she is going through seperation anxiety, apparently it starts about now because they are aware when they are on their own etc

Jen - Yes I am buying 0 and a few 1's aswell depending on the shop. I weighed Lewis today he is 9.32 kg. Kmart seems to be the cheapest and they have such cute stuff.

Mel - I got a wooden playpen from ebay last night, I'm planning to open it out and use it as a room divider. i got it for $64.

Not much other news. Lewis is still doing a few crawls and then flopping on his belly. He hasn't mastered the coordination yet. He must take after his un-co Mum, hope he can dance better than me!!

Anyway we are off for a walk whilr\e the sun is out for once.

Hope you are all well.

Hugs MacKusz, sounds like you're having a really tough time. Diana seems to be behaving similarly to Aliyah, i.e. following me everywhere, not sleeping much during the day, etc. It's exhausting, isn't it? I think that the crying if you leave her is a phase that will pass. Diana is like that sometimes, but other days is okay... Where is Aliyah's cot? We put Diana's cot next to our bed with one side down so that her bed is an extension of ours. She sleeps in it okay both at night and during the day (when she sleeps during the day that is ). Have you tried a sling or a baby carrier for during the day so that you can get things done? My sling has been a lifesaver...

Jen - I am getting size 00 and 0 for Diana for winter (depending on the brand). She is currently 7.7kg and about 68.5cm.

Hi to everyone else. The playpen that we ordered has still not come in , so I may have another look on ebay. We have rigged up some homemade barriers (one out of the clothes drying rack and one out of the 4th side of Diana's cot), but I don't think that they are a satisfactory long-term solution.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hi ladies.

I've havent been around much as we're spending time with my sister before she goes back to London in a couple of weeks.

Hi Stacey. Welcome back! My only advise is the same as Sarah's - give Tresilian or Karitane a call they should be able to give you some idea of how to get Aliyah back into her bed. Hope things settle for you soon xx

Things are going well here. Mikayla is now clapping and cheering while she does it too - very cute. She also says Mummy, Dada and Hi. I'm a bit overwhelmed by how quickly she's growing up - yesterday she stood on her own in her playpen twice. It was only for about 5 seconds each time and the minute she realised she was standing on her own she quickly sat herself down. I'm just starting to realise that my little girl wont be little forever - makes me want another one all the more :P

Hope your all doing well. Will try to catch up again in the next few days.

Take care xx

WOW its been very quiet in here. Where is everyone????

I was wondering the same thing!

Does anyone go to a gymbaroo class? I'm thinking of starting one on Fridays as it is at 11.45am which is a good time of day. I have been trying to get to a playgroup for weeks but it starts at 10.00am and Lewis is usually sleeping or about to. Anyway Gymbaroo isn't that cheap so I wondered if it is worth it??

Not much other news really, we are plodding along. Lewis is still crawling very slowly and a few at a time. He's still a bit wobbly! And still shouting Dadadada all the time, no sign of mamamama yet!

Tina - How cute that Mikayla is clapping! I have tried to show Lewis how to clap but his rigid arms just aren't having it!

Anyway hope everyone is well

Hiya all..
    Sorry, MIA again..

Not much to report on here really. Aiden was sick last week, had the roseola virus, but, not a bad case thankfully. Having some issues still with his sleeping at nights, which we really need to start working on. A friend is dropping me off a book today with some tips etc in it. I think he is perhaps having a nap to late in the day or something. He just seems tired, but, not tired enough to go into a deep sleep.
    I really hope he gets settled in to a better sleep routine soon, i am seriously not keen on ttcing, cause i have had enough of sleepless nights.. I have to keep reminding myself that soon he willl sleep thru, and it will all be but a distant memory!
    Otherwise, he is great of course, a very happy little man. Still only the 2 bottom teeth, is drooling etc like crazy, has been for weeks, but nothing else even looking like its on its way thru. Doesnt seem to be fazed in crawling still, keeps trying to stand up i think.
    Started buying him winter clothes yesterday, buying either size 1 or 2, depending on the brand. Have noticed hte cheaper brands seem to be abit smaller, so, have brought size 2. He is already in some 1's now. PJ's i have brought in size 2, figuring it doesnt matter if at the start of winter, they are 2 big, cause, i reckon by the end of winter, they will fit just perfect, and i dont want to have to buy 2 lots. Have actually started looking on ebay for size 3 clothes for next summer.
    But, he is still wearing size 00 shorts. Well, on a smaller baby, they would be more 3/4length, but, they fit him just fine, dont need to undo buttons or anything to take them off. He is just long, and not overly fat.
    We havent measured him since he was 7months, so, now he is 8 months, we must do it again..

Hello to Janeo, good luck with everything, and i hope and pray that all your dreams will come true soon.

Good luck to those girls who are also ttcing.. i have tried the ttc 1-6months thread, but, it moves way to quickly for me, i cant keep up with it. Last AF really knocked me around abit, emontionally and physically.

Anyway, gotta scoot... hello to everyone, and your cutie little bubs..

Sarah, i am thinking of going to gymbaroo, but, when Aiden is more mobile. I think atm you will get more value for your money when they can get around better. In saying that, i actually dont know what they do, one of the mums from my playgroup goes, and she says they sit in a circle clapping and singing etc, and well, you can do that at home, or at your local library sessions if they have rhymme time type things.

I am thinking of dropping out of our playgroup, as its at 1pm, and Aiden generally is asleep then as well, or, wanting a sleep, and as i try to get him into abetter day sleep routine, if i find that he has a good sleep during playgroup time, which then results in a better night sleep, then i will think more seriously about not going. i think he finds it boring, and he gets more stimulation from being around older more active and mobile kids. So, i said to Darren that i might just make more of an effort to visit a friend once a week with older kids. Its better for me as well, to get that advise etc. Its hard to have a group of mums get together at time that is convienent for everyones 'nap' times. Most of the babies main nap time is in the morning, but, a few of us have it during the day, going into early afternoon.

The one main advantage of playgroup i think, other then meeting other mums in your area, is that stimulation that can come from lewis being with other kids, especially as he gets older, but, like i said you can still acheive that by either a)child care, or, (b) meeting another mum(s) one on one, at a time that is good for both of you.

Hi everyone

Well, I haven't posted in a while. Sorry about that. I've been around, but it seems that by time I finish reading, it is time to get off the computer. I have a bit of time this morning, so here is an update.

I am still breastfeeding Diana. I'm not counting the number of feeds, but I think that it is about 4-5 during the day and 1-2 at night (a couple of nights recently she slept through and didn't need a feed ). She gets solids 2-3 times a day. For breakfast she has a bit of weetbix with cinnamon and/or some fruit. For lunch she gets fruit or veges and for dinner she gets whatever we get pureed, e.g. meat, rice and veg, etc. She has about 1-2 tablespoons at each sitting with a bit more for dinner. Last night she had about twice as much as she usually eats for dinner and ended up throwing it back up. Poor little girl. Not sure why she kept eating, maybe because it tasted so good... So will be careful on how much we give her tonight.

Diana has gotten better at day sleeping and now has 2 naps per day, ranging from 20 mins to 2 hours each, and she sleeps well at night, waking only sometimes for a feed. She is pretty settled and content during the day too.

Yesterday we spent the day rearranging the living room. So, feeling rather tired today, but the small amount of space that we have is now being utilised much better. Diana seems to like it too, as she now has lots more room to crawl around in. And now she doesn't seem as interested in playing with the bins anymore . She has gotten really fast at crawling and also pulls herself up to a standing position. I have a feeling she is not far off walking.

As for me, I have decided not to go back to work for the next few months. So I will be a SAHM mum for a while longer. It is quite good, except that I often get bored and head out to the shops only to realise that I have no money to spend . Oh well, window shopping is good too. I am also going to do training with the ABA to become a breastfeeding counsellor, which should be good.

Sarah - no we haven't gone to gymbaroo class or anything yet. I don't know what they do, but from what I've heard it's aimed at slightly older kids?? (I could be wrong...)

Debbie - wow buying size 1 or 2 already! I thought that Diana was long, but she is only in 00 length (still fits 000 otherwise). I am buying 0 size for winter.

Tina - yay for Mikayla clapping. That sounds to cute. Maybe I should teach Diana to do it.

Hope you're all having a lovely day.

Hello?

Where's everybody gone??

Took Diana to playgroup today and she seemed to enjoy it. All the other kids were older than her, but she seemed to do okay.

I don't know Starfish, seems like everyone has forgotten us!

I didn't go to Gymbaroo today as you have to pay up front for the whole term which I think is a bit bad because you only know on the day depending on their sleep if you can go. So I will just keep aiming to go to the playgroup on a Monday at 10.30am if his sleeps permit.

I gave Lewis blueberries today cut in half, he really likes them. I'm trying to give him chunkier food as I still have this choking phobia happening! Tomorrow I'm going to steam some carrot sticks for him to hold. I tried rockmelon today and he just squeezed it and then dropped it!

We took him on the swings at the park last week, he thinks its hilarious! So we will have to make it a regular thing. I've also started taking him to the ducks which he finds fascinating.

Not much other news really.

Wonder where everyone is??

I was wondering the same thing!! Seems that we're all alot busier these days. I hope it doesnt slow down too much otherwise they'll get rid of our thread

Zofia Mikayla loves playgroup. The kids in ours are roughly 8 weeks apart from youngest to eldest and Mikayla is about in the middle. She's the most active though All the other babies just lie or sit there whereas my little one is trying to climb all over them and pull their hair. I think I might have a little bully on my hands LOL

Sarah what age does Gymbaroo start?? Is it the same a kindygym?? I was told that its great in developing their motor skills which are essential to learning once they start school (my SIL is a primary school teacher) but I'm not quite sure exactly what they do. I assume that at such a young age you're directly involved in the activities???

I too have that same choking fear Sarah and Mikayla gagging with every little lump in her food doesnt help - I think she's just being dramatic most of the time but it just fuels my paranoia. She has vomited twice so far after swalling something which was a little too big. The first time she had a rusk and just didnt suck on it for long enough before swallowing - so up came 2 bottles, her breakfast AND her lunch - not very pleasant. 2 days ago I gave her a jar of 7-9 month food which has some small peas and I think some rice bits in it. She was ok after she ate it but threw up everywhere about half an hour afterwards - not sure if she had something stuck in her throat which was bothering her - she coughed a few times and out everything came - all over her rug and toys mind you. Poor Dora ended up in the washing machine twice to get it all out LOL

Well not much else happening here. Still TTCing #2 which is being made very hard by AF. My cycles are back to their old tricks - I'm currently on cd10 and AF still wont go away - no wonder I cant get pg on my own Oh well got the appt with my FS on the 27th so it looks like its back down the assisted conception path for us!!

Hope everyone is well xx

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast