Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Good to hear Bec! and you do seem to be a thread killer!lol

I'll be be back later when Sam goes down for a nap.
    xx

OK I have been super slack, I find it hard to keep up with whos who and what bub is doing what I thought I would give a little update on us...

Ari has had a chest infection....he is on his 3rd script of antibiotics and it seems to be working *fingers crossed*. My 2.5yo DS has been unwell also so I have been busy giving lots of cuddles.

Other then being sick Ari is doing well, I haven't had him weighed etc since 4mths but I think he has gained a little weight in between being sick.

He is wonderfully active now, he rolls all over the place, scoots backwards and sometimes a little bit forwards and he rocks on his hands and knees like a mad man sending himself flying forwards onto his chest and face . I don't sit him up on his own but he likes to sit between my legs when we play.

On solids, we offer Ari solids when we eat dinner some nights, a bit of boiled potato or steamed veg and hes not all that interested, will just have a tiny taste, which is what its about at this age anyway, yk. He loves breastfeeding and has started sleeping through the night again sometimes...my supply seems to be great and I have had to start wearing breast pads again as I am having leaking issues.

Cloth nappies are going really well too...I have just sold off a bunch and limited myself to about 4 different bought brands, being Itti Bitti, Bubblebubs, Whizz Kidz, and KKs (possum pouches). Plus I have my home made poochies which I love and will be trying out the Very Baby pattern soon. Bec I have them listed in the trading room at NC if you want any of them you can have them for postage cost OK...nothing super special but if there is anything you want LMK.

I still haven't been for my postnatal check but I went to the Dr to ask about the mini pill.....got the script, read the side effects to DH and refused to take them . So he has agreed when he has some quiet time at work he will get the snip and until then we will have to be super careful. AF has yet to show her face and from experience wont do so until Ari starts solids.

I was quiet unwell with the dreaded bug that seems to be going around...I cant remember but someone asked if was the flu or mastitis ?? Well it kinda felt like masitis as every part of me ached and feeding was really painful but it seems to be going around my area with heaps of my friends, family etc getting the same thing. I still haven't really kicked it, iykwim.

OK - well thats us, school holidays atm so wont be on as much. Think of you all and will hopefully be back to catch up soon.

Default I'm baaaack!

Hi all,

I'm going to have to post this real quick as my baby boy is grizzling. Cammie had his 6-month shots today, but he seems to be doing well on the whole. I think he just needs a good nap, as he's been a bit unsettled at night since we began our holiday - out of routine, out of his cot etc etc.

DH and I got back from our holiday (drive) to Adelaide yesterday. Cam was a champ the vast majority of the 5000km. The only day he grumped was the day we had a 10 hour drive, so it was kinda natural that he was getting bored and cranky towards the end. Otherwise we limited our days to approx 6 hours driving plus several stops for boobie and for Cam to have a kick. We didn't drive that far every day as we spent time in Broken Hill, Adelaide, Forbes and Byron Bay. Anyway ... it was all good.

I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts. Will do that when Cam is sleeping and/or with hubby. Just wanted to add that Cam seems to have "grown up" a bit in the past two weeks - he now seems more like a little boy, if you know what I mean. I also realised I've got 6 months mat leave to go from this week. Sigh ... don't s'pose you gals are interested in starting a syndicate for lotto or powerball ? We wish, huh?

Will catch up with personals etc in the next couple of days. Hope all is well with you and your bubs.

Cheers, Andie

Default Hey ladies

Another quick one from me. Am super busy atm.

Seraya has her 2 bottom teeth now yay! I got her weighed at her doc appointment for needles and she is so tiny. She is only 7kgs. She probably only has 2-3 bottles a day and 2-3 solid feeds. She is like I was, just not that interested in food other then survival. Not like her ravenous sister was. lol

At the moment I have a rather painful stye on my right eye. Feels like I have been punched in the eye. Booo.

Sorry to hear that some of you are not well. We are on a no sicky streak so far. TG> See how long it lasts. ALthough my eye is causing me so much grief.
    Well I have to go again. Dinner is ready to serve. Sorry for the quick note and no personals. Will try and stay abreast of whats goin on so I can reply quicker!

Just a quick on for Bec especially. Put Vicks on the soles of Jakes feet overnight. It dramatically reduces coughing. I have found it works wonders, I have done it to myself too.
    Hope you have a better night

Scout has had his first crash! It was his fathers fault (of course)
    He had him on the bed after his bath and realised he didnt have a nappy. So he left him there, (he said in the middle but still I dont know what he was thinking), and went to get a nappy which are on the change table in the lounge. Obviously my nudie boy is alot more mobile than my clothed boy because he fell off the bed!
    Thank god hubby had put the pillows from the bed on the ground to make more room while he got him dressed so he fell on the pillows and had a bit of a cry, but I think it was a fright more than anything because he stopped as soon as he was picked up.
    It is such an awful feeling though. However speaking from experience I know its not the last. Thats the joys of having boys I guess.

On a nicer front Scout loves cruskits. I break them in half long ways and they are great because they dissolve. So he gums off big bites but doesnt choke on them because they almost melt quite quickly. I have also bought a feeding thingee for him. Sorry I dont know what its called but its a mesh cover attached to a handle. I put chopped up apple etc in it and dont have to worry about the choking issue then. He gums it and sucks out the juices.Also its easier for him to hold on to than a slobbered on piece of pear. I put an ice cube in it the other day when it was hot and he thought it was fantastic.

Wishing you all an accident free day

TTFN

Ok, Let's hope Sam stays asleep long enough for me to post.His naps have been disastrous the last two days, no ore than half an hour.I think it might be teething, he still has a lump on his bottom gum.

He has really gotten into the solids the last few days, eating like a maniac.I can't believe how messy it is though.

I am doing ok.I think this medication is beginning to make a difference.I don't feel overly happy but I also don't feel overly depressed.I do feel positive about my future though, I feel like all this is going to make me a better person.I have been sorting out issues that had been effecting me for years but I just pushed down for so long.When I come other other end of this I just know I am going to be a better person for it.So anyway....what I am trying to say is actually, ignore the part about not feeling happy....I think I do feel happy! It's just been so long that I have forgotten what it feels like and am so wary of it, I don't want it to go away.

I. FEEL. HAPPY.

I feel as though I have things to look forward to.I feel like my brain is coming back, I even have motivation to start studying.(I want to be a Doula)

Anyway, enough of me....

Nic, How are you?

All-boys , Poor little Scout! I have been lucky thus far.I'm going o be more careful though after reading that.

Reenie, How is your eye?

Andie, Good to have you back.Glad to hear the trip went well.

Robbo, hope you're feeling better too.No AF for me yet either, although the last couple of days i have felt rather crampy.

Bec, How is the sleep going? are you managing to get anymore.Thanks about the photos, you do know that I only put up the most flattering of myself though!

Best be off, hello to all that I missed.
    xx

HAppy 6month birthday E, Sam and William.

My oh my where has that time gone.

3 months to lose that baby weight which when I lose a bit it comes back

YAY made it to my breastfeeding goal of 6months. Only exclusive for 3.5months but he only gets a bottle maybe once a day. usually of an evening. Iwill just try and keep going as long as I can now. Not planning on stopping just cos I reached that goal.

E has been a grizzly monkey today. Maybe he is a bit sick, don't know. DH has been very unwell and I have been coughing and feel achy. But it could be hayfever and a long walk yesterday. Teeth are lurking as always. His gums feel so bumpy, even some places at the back. One of his eye teeth is not far away I don't think. The bump is so prominent but can't yet see it on the gums - not clear yet. It may take a while. I wish they would hurry up so we could maybe get lots of sleep. I can't complain things are a bit better, he has been going 3-4 hourly overnight. But doesn't matter what time he feeds he will still wake at 6. Though we often have a discussion about him going back to sleep. Sometimes I win. He slept from 530-8 the other morning and woke up so happy. I did too
    Last edited by luey; October 1st, 2008 at 06:18 PM.

Hello ladies!

Net was down yesterday, how frustrating!

just wanted to pop in quickly and share my great news!! Jake slept until 4:30am this morning had a FEED then dropped off until 6:30am, WHOOOT!! I actually leaked everywhere, wondered what was going on, lol. Usually he just has lots of little feeds so i'm not surprised I leaked. He was difficult last nigth and didn't go to sleep until 9:30 (usually 7:30 at the latest) but I'm still so happy with that! I feel like a new person!!

Hi to all, will pop in later on. Got visitors this morning and the house is a bomb.

xxx

WOOHOO Bec, that's fantastic!!!

I just won 3 pairs of Beby Legs from the Nappy Bucket, so exciting.I never win anything!

Bec, I am going to have 8 pairs now, no way I need that many! I know you were interested in them so pm me your address and I'll send you up one of the pairs when they arrive.

Hi everyone,
    Wow I haven't had time to catch up on all the posts so I will do personals later.

For the last week I have been driving back to Darwin from Brisvagas with DH and Will.....WTF was I thinking, I hate traveling by road. Will was amazing and was happy to sleep and feed on the road, I was another matter. I got really sick in Rocky and spent the drive across in a haze of drug induced dizziness and fuzziness.

On the other side it is great to have DH home after 4 months. He and Will got to know each other again on the trip and Will now goes nuts when he sees him. Solids have been great and Will is pretty much on 3 meals a day. I am worried about his nappies though as all he really does is pebbles. At what stage is this normal. He has been doing them for about 2 weeks now.

The day we left Will decided to show off by popping through teeth 5 and 6. But he has started grinding which is really annoying. I have no idea what I can do to get him to stop. I just try and distract him.

Anyway Im back to bed. I feel rotten at the moment. Chat soon girls.

Hi ladies,
    another quick one from me.
    Allboys- Poor Scout. Lucky for the pillows! India fell off the bed at about 9 months. Lucky she has got such a helmet head!! Since then she had a fell spills on tiled floors! (not because of being irresponsible but she would roll over and let her head drop or fall over) I felt like such a terrible mother. But now that she is almost 2.5 liike you said, its just one of many! She fell down 3 steps the other day thanks to DH, and she bit her lip and fell flat on her lil nose. It was swollen and bruised for a few days! DH was in tears! I had to keep reminding him that there will be plenty of broken bones for us to cry about later. She has already been in hospital 5 times for her asthma since birth so you think he would be a little bit tougher!! lol.
    Bec- Glad to hear that BF is going so well. I am down to bottle feeds now and solids. Seraya only has 2-3 bottles a day so my boobs didn't know what was going on LOL. I am trying to get more solids into her because she loves them so much and she is quite tiny.
    Laurab- Thanks for asking about my eye Its almost all better now! I had to go to a 2nd job interview the other day looking like a leper. But you can't see it now. It's drained itself without the aid of a massive ugly pimple so thats good But boy was it painful! It really felt like I had been hit in the face. And excruciating when I sneezed or whinced from the pain! Mehh!
    BTW- I got the Job! Account manager for RACQ. Part time for me Start next thursday so will be even more busy!

Seraya has the beginnings of her two top teeth now that her bottom ones are through. I just hope they are a little nicer to her then the bottom ones were. She wasn't too bad, but there were times she would just cry and cry until the panadol kicked in. By then she was too tired to cry and just pass out. Thankfully though, once she was asleep she never woke up during the night with them. Fingers crossed for the others. Her excema is going well. There is just a couple of patches on her hands and sides of her face. I have been relgiously trimming her nails and rubbing amolin all over her every nappy change and its making a huge difference. Thanks to India, I feel I can handle it. I am just praying she doesn't end up with all of the allergies like her sister. But she is on whey dom. formula and aat the same age it would have made India intensley ill and her excema was head to toe bad. So I am mentally ruling out dairy allergy. I am still scared to try her with any dairy though or eggs. I can't get her to a paed until she is 8 months (Dec 4). My paed wrote a nasty letter to my GP and booted us out. Only because I forgot one appointment. (Follow up for India's hospital admission). On top of that he wanted me to bring her in when I couldn't drive. Then, he said if I didn't bring India in he wouldn't give me her script of her perscription formula. She still has 1-2 bottles of it a day and needs it because her diet lacks a lot of nutrients thanks to her allergies. I told his receptionist that I could'nt drive for another 6 weeks. ANyway after much heated discussion she pushed me to make an appointment for 6 weeks time. So I did. But I warned her that as a busy mother I would forget an appointment so far away. She then said that I would get a reminder call. I never did. I forgot about the appointment and that apparently pi$$ed off this grumpy self involved paed. He wrote a nasty letter basically saying that he was referring me back to the GP and to make sure I had India on preventative medicine, hinting that I was somehow neglecting her needs. Long story shorter- I have got a wonderful new paed, from the same hospital although I can't get into to see him until December. But I think that its good that he is rather booked up. In the meantime I will be writing a very forward and angry letter to my former paed about his unprofessionalism. I know he deals with neglectful parents (apparently my GP said that he does some program for the gov)but its no reason to treat everyone like that. We are the people that are going there and paying hundreds of dollars for his 2c because we genuinely care about our children and he treats us like that! Hmpf! What a doodie head!
    My whinge for the day!
    GTG Seraya has just awoken from her 14 hour nap lol. God love that child.

It's been rather quiet in here! took me a while to find the thread.

Just a quick one to say that Sam's sleep has gone out the window.He MUST be teething, still a big lump on his gum but tooth as yet.He only had one nap yesterday and it was when I was driving and he woke every hour and a half last night,AAAHHH!

gosh it's been awhile... hope everyone is having a good long weekend

So I think Dusty has decided he isn't going to crawl but walk, he would have me holding onto his hands all day long if I could/would little bugger. He has me holding his hands while he walks around the house & to toys etc.... If I don't cooperate then I get 'the world is ending' look & he starts to cry on me driving me a bit crazy. At least when he is in the mood he will stay on his tummy instead of rolling straight onto his back so he is now pushing himself backwards which is also frustrating him cause he wants to be going forwards not backwards poor kid. Thank god for spring we've been out in the yard a few times & Dusty seems to love it, he gives off this excited squeal everytime the dogs come near him it is so cute. Sleeping is still a little over the place but we are finaly putting him into the cot so I can get started on a routine. I have rescheduled Trisillian until end of Oct so I will see how I go. Is anyone else still wrapping your baby's?

Laura, I'm really glad the meds seem to be working & I hope you get many, many more happy days too. D's sleep was awful when his teeth were coming through & unfortunately it took a few days for them to come through. Do whatever you can to get you through, hope you get some teeth soon. How's the study going? Have you heard back from the mothers & baby unit yet?

Bec, of course GF means grand final, I was thinking girl friend so I really didn't connect the 2 at all - sorry about that. Well hopefuly Geelong will have better luck next year. Things are o.k here, just **** I put up with for too long but things change when you have kids so we are working through it, thanks for asking. How's Jake's sleeping going?

Macca, Glad Will travelled well & glad DH is home For your own sake maybe think about flying though You could try giving him some prune juice or pears/peaches to help soften things for him, I'm not sure if it's normal or not, hopefully someone else can answer that for you.

Reenie, congragulations on the job woo hoo. It sounds you have found a decent pead now & I hope her tests go well. Very jealous of your 14 hr sleep

Stacey, I would have thought the chance of your DS peeing on the bed would have meant DH wouldn't have left him in the middle of the bed. I'm glad it worked out & as you said I am sure the first of many mishaps. We had Dusty sitting out in the yard the other day & I didn't even think to put a pillow behind him until he fell over - poor kid but he loved it.

Luey, glad you are going to keep going with b/f, I have to say the whole teeth thing scares me but so far it's o.k. The time is going by way too quickly.

Andie, glad the travelling went well, that's a lot of km's to cover you did really well. I have about 5 mnths mat leave left, powerball would be very nice. I don't want to think about it too much it is much too depressing. I'm hoping to only go back parttime if I have to.

Hayley, I haven't been to the dr's yet either, I am going to go in the next couple of weeks

Well it's way after my bedtime, hi to everyone else, chat later xxoo

Been a while for me too but for now just need a vent or I'll explode!! Sorry in advance....

Supposed to have friends visiting today. Haven't heard from them at all and I'm sick of chasing them, just wish i could be let know a yes or no and when??!!!!

The house is a bombshell, lost time still due to daylight savings and haven't quite caught up. Jake wont go down, Ben keeps leaving it too late to go to the toilet. Two red wine stains on the carpet (we both spilt some and no....wasn't drunk, lol) I'm trying to clean, DH is home in bed cos his contacts got lost in his eyes and he's unwell, oh and i have the magic headache again.

I'm SO stressed cos I can just see that if I relax and don't worry my visitors will turn up to this bomb site. If I get it clean they probably just won't turn up. Murphys Law.

Anyway, sorry, needed that though

Will get back for personals tonight. Glad you all have a long weekend cos we don't!

xxx

OMG it gets worse. got up from PC after posting and Jake's nappy had leaked onto me. Took his nappy off and left him on the floor for TWO seconds while I changed. Came back and he'd pooed and weed and had a nice clump of poo in his hand and on his lip. *sigh* anyone know where i can run and hide??
    Last edited by *becstar*; October 6th, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

you can come & hide up here Bec, hope things improved over the day for you. At least if you did clean the house & your freinds don't come you have a clean house to look at

I also hope you can see the funny side of Jake's 'prank' today cause FWIW I got a giggle when I read it - thinking of his lips hehehehe (yes I am a little weird but you get that)

sorry guys for my rant yesterday. Nic i did see the funny side of course but at the time it was no so funny, I'm sure it would have looked funny though!!! I would have giggled too.

Ok now where to start?? I had a lovely visit with old friends yesterday in the end. It was full on and busy but so good. and I got to chat about the stuff that's been going on with DH which was especially nice, it's not something i'd talk about to just anyone.....it's a bit of a sensitive topic and I'm so scared I'll get judged about it. But I got some new perspecitives and advice so it was all good.

Things have changed a little for me...for a long time I haven't been able to stop thinking about another baby and how I could convince DH to have another. But at the moment I'm happy as is, and I feel content. Jake is growing so fast I don't want to miss a second of it and at the moment I think another baby would just be TOO much. Plus there's the issue of buying a house and Dh and I both really want to get that happening. Things are kind of improving with DH, I'm making a real effort to be fun to be around again and not just a grumpy old mummy. It's hard, I like to stick to the routine with the kids and when something goes wrong I get quite anxious about it but I'm trying to not stress so much and it seems to be working in that the whole household is a lot calmer and nicer to be in. I think to big wake up for me was when DH and I were having a discussion (and I say discussion becuase I can't say it's a calm conversation!) and I actually told him that I'd been thinking for a long time that I should really just leave . I know I think about it more than he does, maybe i'm a drama queen but he rarely takes it to that level. When I told him this he shot back that i wasn't the only one to think that. Shocked the hell outta me because he just doesn't think that unless it's really serious. Hmm......so anyway, it was a good discussion in the end, some communication came out of it and it's improving. Still going to be hard work, but I feel confident it will be ok.

Anyway......

Nic, thanks for offering me a place to hide! I needed one. Mega bad morning. Jake also likes to walk holding hands but I just won't do it! Caused a few tanties but he got over it. His crawling has improved heaps because of it and he's so fast now! I haven't wrapped Jake for yonks. His sleeping is ok....bad days and good days, he's awake for ages in the afternoons, never sleeps after 3pm so he's awake from then until 7pm. Still waking (lol there he goes now!) around 12pm but he is getting better at settling sometimes with just a cuddle and not always booby.

Reenie I wouldn't be concerned about Serays'a size, Jake is only 7kg and I think James is around that mark too. And Jake eats 5x a day plus lots of booby!! If you are worried maybe another bottle in the day? I'm sure the recommendation is 3-4 bottles a day at this age? I don't know that solids necesserily gives them much of their nutritional value atm. Congrats on your job too.

Macca, hope you are feeling better now! What a mammoth road trip! On the pebbles, DD always did pebbles so I wouldn't worry at all. Just what Will does nice and easy to clean!

Laura.....you are so generous Thanks. Great to hear you are feeling good too, that fantastic! How are Sam's teeth and sleeps?? We still have no teeth here.

Luey congrats on your bf goal! How is E doing? Has he bee unwell or just teeth? I know what you mean about the weight.......

All-boys, lol at Scouts crash, my other two both did that and it was my fault! The first of many....... Thanks for the cruskits idea, i'll have to try that. Jake's fave food is oranges, he goes beserk when he sees me cutting one! Very messy though.

Catherine, thanks for the tip, I'll try it!! How are you all doing?

Andie good to have you back!! Was thinking of you. Glad Cam travelled so well, he's a champ that boy

Robbo, you are a star! Thanks for the nappies. I gathered all my NB stuff to sell off and my friend with her NB yesterday took a heap to try so I think I may convert her she was having leaking Huggies and used a fleece cover over one overnight and sent me a very excited text this morning to say no leaks! I was thinking how lucky I was to have you to patiently explain the in's and outs of baby wearing and MCN to me . Hope the boys are feeling better too. I love the selendang on your blog too!!

Hi to everyone else, Nina how are the wedding plans going? And Cohen? Who else did I miss?? Oh Mel, lol.......I'll catch up with you by txt anyways :P

xxx

Of corse always new pics etc on my blog too here

Hi guys,

I still haven't had a chance to read through all the posts during the past few weeks ... just haven't really had the time. DH had the rest of last week off on hols, so we made the most of it. Think DH and Cammie particularly enjoyed the three weeks together - longest they've ever spent in each others company, iykwim.

Cam's good sleeping habits took a dive during our hols down south. He now "wakes" up 3-4 times a night - he doesn't actually wake up, but he grizzles and cries a little. One night DH and I got up to him about 6 times between us to put his dummy back in and turn on his lullaby thingamebob . I daresay the fact we co-slept for almost 2 weeks while on hols has something to do with it. Anyway, hopefully it's just a phase ... - I miss my nights of uninterrupted sleep!!!! On the positive side, he goes straight back to sleep once his dummy is in ... at least we're not up for two hours trying to settle him.

Sorry this post is all about me, me, me . Promise I'll get to personals soon.
    Andie xx

Bec - I'll PM or email you in the next couple of days about catching up in Hobart - most likely sometime around Oct 23-25 if that's cool with you.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast