Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Its been a while since I posted. Its busy in our house with Mick away all week and I am left to do everything. Today I mowed the grass and picked up the dog turds - nice job
    We also went to the doctors today. Isabella was due to have her 6 months needles and I was over due for a pap smear - sorry TMI. Isabella scream when she had the needles but not for long.
    Isabella is on 2 solid feeds a day and 4 bottles. She still hasn't mastered rolling from back to front but she can do front to back. There is no sign of teeth yet. Isabella can sit between your legs and not fall over.
    Compared to the rest of the March babies she is well behind everyone else but not every baby is the same. She will get there in her own time.
    I had better go as Isabella has gone from a grizzle to a full on cry
    I will try and post again tonight when the kids have gone to bed
    Jo

Jo- Isabella is not behind. E is doing the same amount with rolling and can sit ok between your legs. He does have 3 teeth ut Teeth don't mean a thing though. They will get there.

BEc - rant away, glad you have worked things out with your hubby. I don't know how you have 3 kids! I can't imagine having another one yet if ever. WE are talking at least 3 years, who knows. I can't believe Jake is crawling! do 2nd and subsequent children do things faster or is it my imagination?

Andie - Glad you had a great trip. At least Cam is quickly resettling. Hopefully it will soon pass.

Reenie- congrats on the job

LauraB- how are you going? Are things still improving? You won't know yourself in a few weeks.

njd- not still wrapping here. Nto for at least a month. wE came back from being away and E was feral, wouldn't sleep wrapped or not so we stopped. Pretty much cold turkey. WE have to stop eventually. I was only wrapping his arms for ages, leaving his legs free. I have thought about a sleep place but have decided that E sleeps when he wants and there isn't a darn thing I can do about it.

MAcca- How long is DH home for? I hope you are all better now. E doesn't poop regularly. I let him go three 2days, if he hasn't done one on day 3 where I don't give him solids I will give him gripe water. That works instantaneously! IT is usually quite formed. Have you tried offering water or even fruit juice? I think the pebbles are due to not enough water in the bowel. It is pretty warm in darwin so make sure he gets lots of luids. You could try coloxyl drops if he hasn't done a decent poop in a while or in lots of pain. A Child and Yout hhealth nurse told a friend to use a small amount of apricot nectar or brown sugar. I might start doing those. The water might make ethan drink it . Of course it is always best to talk to a professional who knows your situation.

WE have been having some better nights here. LAst two nights which were the worst in a while he was awake at 10, 12, 4 and 6 and went back to sleep until 9 yesterday and 8ish today. So much better than up for the day at 5or 6. It is such a huge improvement. I think E is getting a back tooth!!!! he has very red cheeks and was pulling his left ear and he has a white spot on his top right gum. IT also feels very hard. EH may also be getting a canine, that is also fairly prominent but who know when they will come through. I feel so much better in myself now I am getting more sleep. I was a total biatch the other week when I was not getting any sleep plus my FIL was staying It is awful having guests when you aren't getting sleep. I better go do the dishes then head towards bed.

take care all

Hi everyone.

Things are going well over here.I am still feeling pretty good, I guess this new Medication is doing it's job.I'm still having weirs dreams on it but not having the night sweats that went with them, I can deal with the dreams.It gives me something interesting to tall DH in the morning.
    Speaking of Dh, a little trouble in that department.I know he is trying to be as supportive as possible, but he is warn down from it all too.He was a grumpy prat over the weekend and was getting on my back about the house work.I ended up getting quite upset.At least he realises that he is doing it and was very apologetic afterwards.I just wish he could be a little more understanding of it all.Warning TMI! but I feel I can't even hug him without him trying to DTD with me.It's the last thing on my mind at the moment, in fact I can't think of much worse.I don't really know how to tell him without it sounding personally about him.It's not about him at all, but I feel as though it is pushing us apart.He is coming to my Psych on Friday so I think we will have to have a talk about it there.

Sam is well, That lump on his gum was there two days ago and then yesterday he had disappeared?? no idea what's going on with that! He has rolled 3.5 months and then for a few days at 4.5 months but he just won't do it again!MCHN said it's nothing to worry about but I still am.He is sitting though, so that's good.
    We had his 6 month check up yesterday, 9.65kg and 73cm.He has slowed down in growth now, finally! he only put on 320g last month and is finally back on the percentile chart.Because his length has shot up so much, he looks as though he has thinned out, I can finally clean under his neck without much trouble.

Oh, I finally had the phone appointment with the Mother/Baby unit yesterday.They couldn't even get me in until 22 November, but I decided I don't want to do it anyway.I feel so much more on top of things now and I feel that being in hospital and out of my comfort zone would probably make things worse.I just don't feel like I need it anyway.

Andie. Thank you for your comment on my Birth de-brief and for you roffer to help with the letter.I just have no idea where to start with it though, also don't know whether I should be dredging up all the old emotions.Hope the sleeping has picked up a little for you.

Jo, Ever baby is different, Sam seems to be behind the other too, no teeth either.Good on you for mowing the lawn, I wouldn't have done it.

Luey,Yay for sleep!

Bec, rant away!! although it was kinda funny!

Catherine, when are you back? do you want to catch up soon?

OMG I just went to make a coffee and Burnt my wrist on hot water, flipping hurts.I then went to the toilet and discovered AF!!! what a start to the day!

Sam is awake so no time for more personals but hello to all of you that I missed.

But..Reenie, congrats on the job.Well done.

hi girls,

its been ages since i posted so im really behind so might be slack with my personals.

we have been having a really difficult time with James (nothing new there but it has been worse than usual) short story is he has been diagnosed today with reflux, its a relief that we know that but i am suffering mummy guilt for not realising sooner, he is nearly 7 months after all ! i just thought he was a demanding whingy baby but since we started solids the screaming has escalated and we are up with him screaming til around 1 am then he wakes every hour 2 at the most. so we have some mylanta and reflux formula to try (he has been breast and formula feeding for a while now) im considering putting him only on the formula as that would probably be better as he might be getting things through the breastmilk that is making it worse (me drinking too much juice, eating acidic things like tomato sauce etc etc) i will see how we go with the mylanta for a few days before i make a decision.
    so to the girls whose babies are waking frequently and are unsettled.....Laura, Luey and Nic and i think Nina maybe it is worth thinking about whether your babies have reflux too

Reenie: welcome back ! and congrats on the job, what a busy woman you are :-)

Laura: i dont know if you already know but i am a midwife, if you want to email me privately im happy to chat to you and go through some of the things you went through during your birth and afterwards

Andie: yay for Cam on the big car ride, what a star ! how is his sleeping going now ?

Macca: a big ride for you too ! how are you going with DH home for a while (sorry i cant remember how long for)

Jo: good to hear Isabella got the all clear, what a relief for you, how are you going this week without Mick ?

Catherine: are you still away ? hope you are having a great time !

Hayley: how are you feeling ? is Ari over all his sickness (we seem to have something going around every other week !) i still havent had my postnatal check either lol

All boys: james had a slide off the bed and was on his way onto the floor when DH caught him ! i was in the shower waiting for him to be passed into me and he was on the bed kicking away moving further and further towards the edge (apparently, i didnt see any of it) and DH got distracted and off james went ! DH was lucky he caught him !

Nic: we still wrap, otherwise James keeps rubbing his face and constantly knocks the dummy out

still no rolling no sitting and no teeth lol still not concerned though, i got him weighed today and he was just under 8 kgs

so thats our story, hi to all those i missed

Melinda

Boo Hoo

Kids have had gastro now I have Mastitis, just want to cry and SLEEP!!!

bec, still haven't posted your stuff but will see how we go tomorrow , if not then I should be better by Monday. Sorry hun.

Robbo- You poor thing rest up!

Mel - Thanks for the suggestion for reflux but we have been medicating him with zantac for reflux since 14weeks. I started formula top ups about the same time and the difference in him was amazing. Didn't sleep any better but is much 'happier'. E wasn't the traditional refluxer, he just 'coughed' when lying down and had vomit all over his face. Was also very spewy. He was also very very whingey and unhappy. I tdecided to try mylanta, it helped a bit, not a huge amount but enought that I thought I would try zantac. He doesn't have a huge dose still, only 1 ml once a day but I think it has 'fixed' the problem and now is maintaining it. I have given it twice a day when he was really unsettled. I have read somewhere that it isn't necessary to elevate the bed but I have found it really helps. When Ethan was unsettled again a few weeks ago I tried a big rolled up towel under his knees. I put it under the sheet. Our parent helpline said that when they are lying their belly is at full stretch so bending the knees can help. I took that out on the weekend. Actually, it just dawned on me E has not been sleeping as well since I did that. MAybe Iwill put it back in. I tried to flatten out the bed but he just refluxed a huge amount immediately. I have been told Mylanta is best to be given just before they go to sleep, give then keep them upright for 10 or so minutes. Good luck, every child is different but I hope this may help you.

ETA E was also feeding terribly, would pull off. Maybe the milk wasn't there but whne I could still squirt jets I thought it was pain so I started reflux treatment. Whether it was that or formula or both they have helped
    Last edited by luey; October 9th, 2008 at 09:57 PM.

Robbo don't even worry about it!! OMG you just get you and everybody else well!!

Hi Everyone.
    We had a lovely time away in QLD. Flynn didn't particularly enjoy either of the flights but they weren't too bad. On the way up we had a 'late' flight 8.30pm so i thought (somewhat foolishly!!) that Flynn would sleep most of the way. Boy was I wrong! He not only didn't sleep at all he also did a huge poo (stinky too!!) ARGH!! Anyway I changed him and when I was coming back from the loo I couldn't get to my seat cos of the refreshments trolley. But there were 2 empty rows at the back of the plane where we parked ourselves for the rest of the flight! Slightly more enjoyable! On the way back I'm glad DH was with me cos Flynn was a write off! We got to the airport after and 1hr and a half car trip to be told the flight we were on had to be downgraded, can you please fly on the next plane 3 1/5hrs later!!! Gosh I was mad! They gave us $12 compensation, you can imagine how far that went at the airport! In all the time away was good but I will not be in any hurry to fly with an infant again!
    Well Flynn seems to have really turned a corner. For the better! He has 2 tiny sharp teeth sticking thru his bottom gum! He has not been too bad about it. He has a runny nose and a bit of a cough at the moment but he seems quite happy despite the snot constantly on his top lip! He is almost fully FF. He is getting the occasional BF in the early morning or late night. He has slept thru for the past 3 nights! This morning he woke up at 7.30 after a BF at midnight! I couldn't believe it! The night before we were out and he went to sleep at about 8, we woke him at 11ish to go home and I gave him a bottle in the car he was barely awake for that, then when we got home he didn't stir at all getting out of the car and into bed and slept until 6.30 when I gave him a bottle and he went back to sleep until 9! It was so wonderful!
    Flynn seems to be trying to crawl. He gets up on one knee and the other leg sticks out and then he either face plants or goes back to being on his bottom! He is rolling around everywhere and he is really 'playing' with his toys! He is so 'grown up' now. It is really fun! We have been getting heaps of laughing out of him, he is very fun and I am enjoying him so much more. Not that I wasn't enjoying him before, it is just more fun more often!
    Mel: I'm glad to hear that there is something wrong with James (iykwim!). I hope you both get some relief now that you have had the reflux diagnosed.
    Robbo: big hugs to you, hope you get better quickly.
    Laura: It would be great to catch up, haven't seen you in ages! I'll be in touch soon
    Hi everyone else, sorry I gotta run!
    Take care

Hi gals,

Our bloody internet connection has been down most of the week (thanks Microsoft for the latest update which buggered our Net connection!!!). Cam has had an ear infection, which luckily our dr picked up on Wed. Once diagnosed, it made sense why his sleeping has been crapola and explained his unexplainable (and out of character) screaming fits on Monday afternoon and Wednesday morning. He's better now (and sleeping through again ), but is a bit snuffly in the nose. I'm hoping that too clears up soon as we're supposed to be flying to Tassie on Tuesday morning!

An update on Cam - he's 8kg, 72cm long. Can roll from his back to his front all too easily. Can't quite sit up unaided, although fine when his hips/bum gently supported. No teeth yet (at this rate he'll be 21 before he gets teeth) and he's still getting about 5 BFs a day (plus at least 2 x solids feeds). He's grown quite a bit of hair in the past month and his eyelashes have a beautiful copper tint to them (yeah, yeah ... useless info but I'm kinda impressed all the same. AND I know the icon is of a redhaired female!!! ).

OK, I'm gonna start personals, but I may have to do it in stages and I'll probably still not catch up on everyone's news over the past few weeks - bear with me, and forgive me if I appear to snub anyone or any major news. It won't be deliberate!

CM - Kinda wished I'd read your email AFTER Tuesday ... goodness only knows how Cam will cope with the flight. Typical about the stinky poo mid flight. It's kinda funny now, but I bet it wasn't at the time. Good though you scored a better seat! The postponed flight and $12 compo suck ... who did you fly with (I'm thinking their corporate colours are orange and silver ...)? Yay that Flynn's sleeping though and almost crawling!

Mel - Gosh, you've had a tough run with James haven't you (albeit I'm sure that 99% of the time you wouldn't trade him!). I've certainly been thinking of you and wondering how you've been getting on. Hopefully the reflux diagnoses is the key to James being a happier baby. You so definitely deserve a medal for soldiering on - I definitely don't think I'd cope.

Laura - Hope you had a positive outcome after your DH went to see your psych with you. After reading your debrief, I can see why you feel the way you do. You've probably seen all the responses on your post - hun, the end decision about whether or not you write a letter is up to you (and no one will think any less of you if you don't!). If you think writing a letter will help you and give you some "closure" and/or satisfaction, then it's worth it. Whatever happens, you're giving Sam a brilliant babyhood - 9.65kg and 73cm, that's something to be proud of!!!

Bec - glad to hear things improving with DH. Relationships aren't always easy at the best of times, let alone throwing kids/mortgages/economic woes etc etc etc into the mix. Glad to hear you're making some headway. You may not appreciate it, but by god I laughed when I read about Jake and his poo. I know, I know ... I wouldn't be laughing if it was me. Man, I'd be so grossed out. I deal with poo just fine, but it's always been contained (generally) within a nappy when I "deal" with it. I guess I had a mental picture of Jake's angelic face beaming up at you while holding a little "harmless" turd . Tee hee. OK, I'll stop laughing now . How did your household handle the Cats loss ... we didn't cry, but had a quiet sniffle

Nic - Wow, I'm impressed that Dusty is walking. Gosh, Cam's only just nailed rolling from his back to his front! The babies are starting to gain an element of independence too, aren't they. Or should I say, an element of "I want x, y, z ... now!". Cam's favourite 'I want" is the TV remote control ... He's yet to throw a spak attack if he can't have it ... but I'm waiting for the day!

OK ... will be back online within 24 hours to complete the rest of the personals - promise. Gotta go wake Cam up to give him his last hit of antibiotics for the day (and a boobie feed while we're at it).

Till tomorrow xx

Just a really , really quick one to say we have a tooth!!! It cut through today, just a small little corner of it.Hopefully I'll get some more sleep now!

So sorry for not posting everyone, DH is off away for work again Monday so from then on I'll be a thread killer again at nights when i'm bored :P

xxx

Hi all - returning to my personals ...

Reenie ? this is a bit overdue, but welcome back. You sound busy ? good on you re: your job. Seraya sounds like she?s doing well with her solids and for her two teeth! Glad to hear you and your DH have settled in well in your new house.

Luey ? does E have his back teeth yet? How?s his sleeping going? You said E plays with his toes, Cam?s latest trick is to put a big toe in his mouth. Am glad the reflux treatment has helped E.

Jo ? don?t think for a minute that Isabella is behind. The babies in this thread are all wildly different ? for instance, their weights range from around 10kg to 7kg. But they?re all healthy, thriving babies. Cam is a bit like Isabella ? he?s only just mastered rolling from his back to his front, and he?s not quite able to sit unassisted. You?re right, they?ll get there in their own sweet time .

Hayley ? hope you and the kids are now feeling better . Have you been able to catch up on a little sleep?

All-boys - Glad to hear Scout was ok after his wee fall! But, guess it's bound to happen to them all sooner or later. DH's mean well, don't they ... but sometimes they just miss the mark. My DH is a great, hands on dad but my big bugbear with him is that he won't go and dress Cam of his own accord ... because "I don't know what you want him to wear". Sigh, guess if that's my only bugbear I'm not badly off!

Macca - I remember the drive from Darwin to Bris well (albeit you did it in reverse) ... for the most part, you didn't miss much! Hope all's now well with you.

OK ... who have I missed? My apologies if I have - not intentional!

By the way, think Nic it was you asking about wrapping? I haven't wrapped Cam since he was about 4 weeks old. He used to wriggle and worm until he'd worked the wrap loose and then put his arms above his head. I gave it up as a bad joke in the end as he slept better without the wrapping.

Have a good week everyone .

Andie xx

Good morning everyone.

Sam has slept so much better the last 3 nights.Must have been his tooth giving him grief.He started biting though last night and with that tooth is absolutely kills!

Andie,Crap about the ear infection, I feel your pain.Sam was soooo bad when he had one.My gosh, I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.Thank you again.

Catherine, Glad to hear your trip went well apart from the plane trip.So good he is sleeping through and I'm glad to hear the transition to formula have been relatively easy.See you soon.

Robbo, I hope this post finds you feeling a lot better.

Luey,How is everything Worth E been the last few days?Hope you're getting more sleep.

Bec,I saw you on msn the other day and got your message but then my computer crashed!I wasn't ignoring you,promise!I got the baby legs, I'll post them sometime this week.I'm giving you white ones with brown cow print.Pretty damn cute!Hope everything goes well while DH is away.

Nis, how are things?

The local Mother/Baby unit called me last night and said they have a cancellation this week if I want to go in.After speaking with her and finding out that I will have my own room and Sam can sleep next to me, I have decided it's worth a go.I can always leave if i hate it.So I'm off later this morning and will be gone for 3 nights.I am a little anxious about it but figure, what have I got to lose by trying it? But II won''t have BB! what am going to do??

Anyway, i better be off and get packing.I'll be back online Thursday.

Laura xx

Good luck Laura. Enjoy the break. sounds liek you are doing better though.

Jsut a quick on from me. E is whinging. Poor love has a temp of 38 . Is better than yesterday though when he was so listless I couldn't put him down. we laid on our bed all day and he slept there. No back teeth. They just come up and go down

Quick one from me too....Luey are you sure E isn't sick? Don't want to alarm you but being listless and that you just laid on the bed all day sounds like a bit more than teething to me? i could be wrong though You know your child better

BBL

xxx

Hi Bec

Yes he was sick - He had a temp of over 38. Yesterday the first time Ichecked it I got 38.9and I removed the thermometer because I thought it was wrong. I did recheck it. He was so whingy yesterday morning, even after he woke I couldn't put him down. I just thougth he was being whingy as although his head and torso were hot his arms and legs werent. We went for a walk where he fell asleep instantly for 30mins. Still whingy and wouldn't go on the floor when I got home. He still felt hot so I decided to do a temp.

HE is ok today after that early high temp. It was low then went up but is ok now. Has slept most of the day. I hop he sleeps tonight but he hardly slept last night. Awake every hour. I did get 2 hours between 2-4.

Thanks for thinking of me and spelling it out just in case

More promises......I WILL be back tomorrow, while kids are at daycare.

Luey I hope I didn't offend. Sorry.

xxx

Ok i made it back!! :0 Been busy here, DH as gone away again for the next month for work. He's home on weekends still though. I'm kinda glad in a way after all that's been going on, I feel like it's a timely break. Give us time to sort out stuff on our own and hopefully make us remember what it is we appreciate about each other. My little (big really, she's taller than me!) sister is staying for a few days so she can travel with a friend to her nursing prac so that's nice, I'm not completely on my own. And it's nice to have some time with her when we can just chat.

Jake is doing well, I'm trying to get him to not go to sleep on the boob all the time, mainly so if I need to go somewhere I can go and not worry about him not sleeping. I have to nearly force him to take the dummy but he will take it. Just not keen on it. He won't go to sleep without sucking something, and he has gone to sleep sucking his thumb a few times. I had a scare with him the other night. I woke up to hear the latch on the cot flicking and clanging, so I shot out of bed to find him out of bed and crawling on the edge (!!!!) of the bed playing with it!! Wouldn't be so bad but his cot was still on the highest level and the side was down so a couple more seconds and he would have been on the floor! I feel so terrible that it could have been awful for him. He usually doesn't even sit up in bed, just lays there and crys. TG all is ok though. Needless to say his cot is now on the lowest level and the side is up!

Jake's newest trick is to pull himself up on his knees and if he's lucky his feet. GRRRR!! Although he thinks it's great and he's so clever! He can reach things on the couch and the coffee table etc now. Everything has to go up another level!

Andie - I would love to catch up and 'meet' you for sure! Although I am a little nervous! Those dates are fine, just let me know when you can squeeze us in, I know what it's like when doing flying family visits. So hard to find time for everyone!

Laura - GL to you! And you are right you can always leave. Hope you come out of it with loads of info for us all though those BL's sound gorgeous, will look forward to the mail. Thanks. Oh and yay for Sam's tooth!!

Catherine - Glad your trip went well. And that the transition to FF went well. Whoo hoo for Flynn sleeping too!!! Damn airlines.....we flew once to Melbourne when Ben was 10 months old, and he was teething and had thrush (always got it when teething.....). NOT FUN! and that was only a 50min flight!, lol. We got stuff around too, had to go to another airport and collect passengers etc making our flight later meanwhile Ben was getting crankier!

Jo - Isabella is doing beautifully!! And she will do things in her own sweet time.....we still have no teeth at all here, and no sign either! Jake doesn't babble much either, says bub-bub under his breath but not much more!

Mel - I struggle to write to you on here! lol. I'm so glad that James has been diagnosed FINALLY!!! and don't do the guilty Mummy thing.....you know now. Besides no one else picked it up, just dismissed him as a challenging baby. SO glad it's all looking up for you!

Robbo - SO glad you are well again too. Hope DD is feeling better now, surely it can't hit anyone else now?? I really think our 'down below' problems need a dr's opinion, can't get an early appointment for a week now!! GRRR! It's the best time to take the kids other times when we have to wait we are there over lunch, MT or AT times not good with the kids! I'm beginning to wonder if he doesn't just have a problem with his foreskin instead?(sorry ladies, this must make NO sense to you!! I have a NC thread here ) Is clearing up with the sposies but I hate using them! They give him a nappy rash a normal dotty one. Hmmm we'll see. Gosh Ari is growing so much and he is looking like a real little boy now! So gorgeous, all your kids are

Hi to all Hope you and bubbas are all well. Nina I'm waiting to hear news of your wedding!! When is it??

xxx

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast