Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Default Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in March 16th to 31st 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found at http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...st-2008-a.html

hi girls,

im mainly posting to keep on with the new thread but thought i would say hi !
    im so tired this morning, James fed at 1030pm then woke at 230am and 530am and was awake for the day at 630 (that is a good night for us but i know it isnt really good when i read about all these other babies sleeping through) i just feel worn out as day after day i spend my time feeding or fighting with James to sleep, he keeps waking after 40 mins and is so grumpy (i wouldnt care if he got up then if he was happy but he isnt) it takes me another 40 mins or up to 1.5 hours to get him back to sleep and yesterday when it took 1.5 hours he only slept for 20 mins !! sorry for the whinge, its hard when it is day in and day out of the same thing and the fact im still sick and so are both kids isnt helping (james has abad chesty cough)

Bec: how are you going with the motilum ? any more success yet ?

sorry for no more personals, i cant see the other thread, oh yeah Andie good to hear Cam is happy on the boob again and Luey its good to hear Ethan is settling down for you.

i kept emily home from daycare yesterday because she was sick and at 1115 she announced she was going to bed and off she went lol has never done that before but of course i couldnt get james to sleep at the same time so didnt get a break...yawn...sorry girls i will take my miserable self off now, have a great day

Melinda

i decided to put james on the tresilian waiting list where you go into a centre on a monday and stay 24 hours a day and come home friday so they can get a good look at what the problem is, unfortunately the wait is 6-8 weeks and i will need to organise someone too look after emily (and im already worried about missing her !) i think that is the best thing to do for now
    Last edited by melbell45; June 27th, 2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: update

Melinda Gosh what a rotten time you are having Probably don't really help but they might make you feel a bit better? You probably have, but have you tried taking him to bed with you? If it's any consolation Flynn is doing the same kind of thing over night. I'm stuffed! We are both on antibiotics, I've got an ear infection and a horrible cough and Flynn had the cough, snot and a temp. I had him in our bed last night so I didn't have to get out of bed for his feeds - too cold, too tired, too rotten feeling! Thanks for asking about PCOS. The results were all normal thankfully. Hope you get a bit a of a break before you see tresillian. Have you tried a chiropractor, a friend of mine had a shocking time with her first bub and his shoulder was kinda dislocated, went to the chrio and voila new baby! Might be worth a try?
    Luey re wees and poos...the things mother's go thru!
    Andie glad to hear that Cam is more settled now. Well done going for walks. I had an appointment with one of the food coaches at the gym yesterday. She has given me a meal plan which is great. I've got 3 more sessions (over 3 weeks) with her so hopefully in that time I can get the ball rolling with my weight loss. It's the getting started that is the hardest I find. Once I'm in the groove it's fine but until I see some results I tend to be a bit why bother, so stupid.
    Bec Any luck with the BF yet? Hope you and DH are going a bit better. We seem to be in one of those spots at the moment. I'm peeved at him cos he seems to be able to find time to help everyone else but me. Drives me nuts.
    Reenie Thanks for the pics. They are just gorgeous! It was y7ou saying about the modeling wasn't it? I'm sure you won't have any probs with Seraya she's a stunner
    I think that's everyone, sorry to any I've missed
    Hope you are all well
    Catherine
    Hey are any of you in Melbourne? Have you seen the meet up for Monday 30th?

Hi girls.
    Just a quick one- Seraya is awake and sucking her hand, so I am sure it won't be long until she wants bottle and boobies. And good on you Bec for giving BFing another go. I am happy to say that I am now giving half BM and half formula now. My milk was still there and it only took a week to build up a good supply again. Seraya is loving it
    I just got a warning message saying if I didn't delete a ticker I would get an infraction point. Whatever that means. I think it's a bit rude really. I don't see what the big deal is. I have 2 children and want them to both be acknowledged as individuals! I might be making a big deal of it but the message was not very nice. Watch out Mel you will be next! I really don't see what the hoo haa is with it. TBH I don't have the time to go and muck around with signitures and if it causes too much of a problem, I probably won't post anymore. I know that sounds a bit harsh, but it takes a lot out of my day to play around to make sure my signiture meets the silly policies of a forum site that could be a bit more understanding. If they don't want you to have 2 tickers, why allow me all this time to be able to have them and put them up? I didn't even realise I couldn't have 2. But anyways I waffle.
    Anyhoo- Update from me. Seraya is going really well. SLeeping 10-12 hours a night atm
    Going from Breast to bottle no probs and is talking so much. She even sings with me now hehe. I am so in love with her right now!
    Sorry no time for more personals but the little one is giving me the stink eye!
    Last edited by Reenie; June 27th, 2008 at 02:29 PM.

Hi all,

Mel - hon, my thoughts are with you . I can only imagine how damn hard it must be for you with James not sleeping at all. Sounds to me like you're doing a great job with both your kidlets ... if it were me I would've gone back to the Obstetrician weeks ago and demanded bub be put back in! Seriously though, try and find a silver lining somewhere in the clouds ... James is a gorgeous kid and he's bound to start sleeping soon. A great idea re: tresilian, and a chiro could be worth a thought if you hadn't considered it already. A cousin of mine had a very unsettled, grumpy bub who cried lots and didn't sleep well. She took him to the chiro and he was a changed baby virtually straight away. Of course, he needed a few repeat trips, but it did the trick. Out of interest, could a family member come and look after James and Emily for a few hours to give you a break and catch up on sleep and/or anything else. :goodluck2: and come and talk to us whenever you need to. You need lots of support right at the moment.

Reenie - congrats on your BF efforts, good for you. Seraya sounds like a delight. Sleeping up to 12 hours huh, wow! Cam sleeps approx 9 hours at night but at the moment he's sleeping very little during the day. Do you find the same thing with Seraya?

CM - hope you and Flynn are feeling lots better soon. I'm in Brissie, but have fun if you're going to the Melbourne catch up.

Bec - how's the motilium going? Hope your having some success getting your BM back.

SG - I loved the pic of Baxter in his Cats gear. I reckon navy and white stripes will feature prominently in our sons' lives!!

Hi to everyone else - have a great weekend all.

Andie

hi girls,

well your not going to believe the bad luck we are having, i now have thrush on/in the nipples, i have been really sore for a while now and actually had a look and notice they were red inflammed flakey, all classic symptoms, i feel such an idiot for not realising sooner but the good news is it may be the cause of james being unsettled and while im upset i didnt realise earlier we may be able to fix it ! the pharmacist said if its in his mouth (and it is) then it is through his whole gastro system and would be making him irritable....doh !
    i think it has been midly there for ages as bf was very painful for the first few weeks which was unusual and james has been making a clicking noise for weeks also but the early childhood centre or had no answers for that but now i think it may be because suction is difficult because of it andbecause i have been on antibiotics for the chest infection that has really made it flourish which is how the penny finally dropped

so thanks for the hugs (Andie and Catherine) despite feeling crap i do feel a bit better tonight at the prospect of maybe getting to the bottom of the problem

oh and Reenie i also got the violation PM and i thought it was a little harshly worded, like you i dont have the time to fix then to their standards so have removed them both

Melinda

Oh I am a big dummy!!

I'd wondered why it was so quiet in here....I lost the thread!

Will BBL, to post properly got Benji sick. Have to let you all know though BF is going well I have milk again been working on building my supply up.

xxx

Hi Girls

Everyone is in bed which is where I should be so I'll try to keep this short (ish!). Had a busy week here, aside from all the expressing (lol) Chloe has had an ear infection, Ben now has tonsilitis and croup and I'm sure Jake is coming down with something too...... Poor Ben has been SO unwell, he's frightened me the last couple of nights not being able to breathe, it's so hard to stay calm and comfort your little one when you are terrified yourself! But hopefully things are on the mend there.

I've got milk!! Enough now to actually fall into the bottom of the bottle while expressing. This is progress! I have to say though I'd been using the Avent pump but the Medela one I have to use with the electric pump (which I havne't hired yet....) works 100% better even manually than the Avent. So much better and effective! Jake will now take two feeds a day on the breast, he latches on and I poke a little tube in the corner of his mouth so he is sucking the breast but actually sucking formula instead of BM. He is getting a little BM but no where near enough yet! This is great as it's stimulation for me as well as letting Jake think he's getting BM.

CM did you go to the meetup? How was it? DH and I are ok.....I get peeved because he won't talk to me about our issue and it's a long running one. I'm over just letting it slide and I want it resolved! *sigh* How much easier was it when you were younger and you just 'dumped' a guy if you didn't like something, Hope you guys start feeling better soon.

Andie, did you go to the PBC expo? how was it? Jake is also sleeping very little during the day, although today he had three distinct nap times, although not for longer than an hour!! He went down around 10:30, 2:30 and again about 4:30. It's frustating I know. But very soon they should all settle into a pretty strict routine....well in my experience they have.

Reenie you do well to just take back up BF so easily! I envy you so right now I'm giving you the stink eye! Here's me pumping away madly for a couple of drops.....

Mel, Andie is completely right, we are always here for you and you need all the support you can get. you must be exhausted in every aspect! I applaude you I would not be sane at all I'm sure! Although I don't wish you guys thrush I a, glad you have maybe found an answer and things improve from here on in.

Hi to all others, sorry, lost the thread. Better scoot to bed....oh wait, pumping first...:P. Night all.

xxx

Hey girls. ANother quick one from me as I am tired. Very tired. We all have a cold atm which is sucking hard core. India has been in hospital since Yesterday morning. Of course any sickness we get, she gets as bad asthma. Thankfully today she can get a sentence out without stopping to take breaths. Poor darling. She is such a star down at the hospital. She has been there 3 times now and everyone knows and loves her. She chats away to everyone. She copies them and mimics their different accents and has them in hysterics. Such a crowd pleaser. I can never shut her up either. She could barely breathe but she was still doing her best to sing the Tigger Song on our way to the hospital. All you could hear in the emergency centre of the hospital is her gasping and singing and chatting to everyone. Plus demanding medicine and ventolin. Hehe. I am sure if she could be quiet whilst having an asthma attack, she would be probably be a lot better. But she would rather suffocate then be quiet. Just like her mother lol.
    Seraya is doing well with the cold TG. Only a slight greenish yellow mucousy sneeze here and there, and the odd cough. No whinging or complaining yet. With all the dramas with India and me being crook as well, it is the last thing we need, for her to be a crying little delirium. I spent last night in hospital with India while MIL and DIL had Seraya. DH was at home finishing off his last bit of week before his week off. Of course the one week off he plans in the year, is interuppted by hospital visits and sickness. POOO. But it was so nice to have Seraya back with me this morning. I was greeted with kicking little legs and a snotty face. Which I really hate. I can't stand my kids having snotty faces. Makes them look like they live out in the outback with dero parents and no idea what tissues or water is for. I took much joy in cleaning her little face up and changing her out of milk stained clothes (is it so hard to put a bib on a baby??) and putting some warmer clothes on her, BFing her and she went straight to sleep. It was almost as if she was saying "No one does it like mummy." I know that sounds trite, but it so true, no one looks after your kids like you. And I really hate it when I let DH or his parents babysit and she or India comes back in soaked clothes, or a soaked nappy etc. I feel like they need to be sent to a parenting class or two. Isn't it common sense to change baby when they are wet or dirty?? Anyways...
    :hugs: Mel You really have had a rotten start. You are doing so well. You never really complain and you just coast along like a trooper. You are an inspiration for me to stop whinging about the littlest annoyences! Even though I just whinged my a$$ off in the last paragraph lol. SO glad you have found the cause of all the unhappiness!! Hopefully it will get sorted for you and James ASAP! for you!
    Andie Seraya's habits change all the time, but she always has a block of sleep that lasts 10-12 hours. It isn't usually until after 1am that she goes down and stays asleep that long. She wakes about lunch time(when India comes trumping down-who also gets up at lunch time) and has a feed then goes back to sleep for another 3 hours. She is then awake for pretty much the whole arvo, happy in her swing or on her play mat, or playing with India and I for a while, then around dinner time she goes back to sleep for a few hours. Wakes about 11pmish and is awake for an hour or two (wants attention- evil little night owl lol) and then goes through the cycle again. So far both girls are sleep a holics, which suits me to a TEE since DH and I are both night owls and love our sleep.
    Bec with BFing. GOod on you!! Don't be envious of me. I am lucky to be naturally blessed with a lot of milk etc but you are amazing to put in so much effort. You should be so proud of yourself that you are doing so much to get your supply in again, with 2 other little ones in tow! I couldn't do it!!
    AM loving the pics ladies. Our babies are gorgeous!! I gtg because Seraya is awake and smaking her lips. Its party time for her now.
    Well hope anyone I missed is doing well. Booby dust and Sleepy sand sprinkles to you all!! xxx

hi Reenie, poor little India, i hope she is doing a lot better today, im sure it is so scary to have them so sick that they need to be in hospital. lol at her antics while there, sounds like she was very entertaining for the staff !

Melinda

hi ladies, its been a long time since ive posted on BB, a good 5 months or so.

Seth was born on the 23rd March, 9.20pm. 8lbs 4oz. he is now 14 weeks 3 days and as of a week ago (13w2d) he was 15 lbs 5 oz.

as of 4 weeks (when i had to switcvh to formula, my BM was not enough for him, alot of latching problems, so i started pumping and i wasnt getting enough for him, he was drinking 100 ml's at a week old!) he has slept through the night, he goes to bed around 10.30 and wakes around 8. so im very happy with that. he is a great baby, very happy. he has been having problems with teething but with bonjela and teething rings and when needed Nurofen he is fine

he has a website aswell sethdesmond - Seth Desmond Williams* so go check him out, i have lote more images to upload but i've been lazy

gotta go its time for me to head to bed

Eli

Hi Girls. Just a quick one from me I got to get to bed!
    Bec WOOHOO!! Cograts on getting some milk! I'm so glad that it is working for you! Yes I did go along to the meet up. It was ok. It was a little hard cos it seemed like some of the ladies already knew each other quite well and I felt a bit awkward....but it was good. Hopefully there will be another on a regular basis.
    Melinda That's so great that you have hopefully discovered the cause of James' probs. I hope you can get it all cleared up nice and quick
    eliycsha Welcome back! Seth sounds like a little champ - congrats!
    Reenie I hope everyone is on the mend and feeling better.
    Flynn and I are both heaps better. In the last couple of days he has really changed. He has started to grab at and hold anything we dangle in front of him and is shoving it into his mouth. Tonight after I got home from the gym I gave him a small bottle of EBM and he actually held onto the bottle - DH and I were shocked and just stared at him open mouthed!!! He seems to be way heavier too. I tell ya getting him out of the cot is worse than a dead-lift!
    little woo hoo for me. I lost 1.2kgs this week! I'm so wrapped. Feel like I'm on the way to getting back to my 'old self'....as much as you can when you have a new bub!!
    Hope you are all well.
    Thanks for the pics too everyone...one day I will get round to sending some...Just so you all know I think Flynn is the best looking!!!

Hi girls. I have finally gotten around to updating my blog. Pics on there too. http://reeniescornerofthestar.blogspot.com/
    WB Eli. Seth sounds like a little delight.
    for Flynn holding the bottle. Seraya has been doing it as well on and off for the last 3 or so weeks. She has hands going everywhere. On the odd occasion she is sucking her dummy and if it starts coming out she will pop it back in!! So entertaining. She loves grabbing her danglies too and trying to put them in her mouth. SO far she has managed to do a couple of feeds holding onto the bottle for most of the time but, honestly I am sure she is not actually aware she is doing it. At this age, its still a natural reflex for them to hold onto things. It is nice to see though
    Hope your BFing is going well Bec! A big hi to everyone else. And btw India is much better now. Home and well. She was on Redi Pred (prednisone) for a week so her excema is nowhere to be seen. It is so nice to see her skin so nice and clear. She looks so brown atm. I have taken pics of her and put them up on my blog too. I know it wont be long until her skin returns back to being dry and red. It really gets me down. There is still nothing I can do to make it go away. I can only keep it under control. Just hope she continues to grow out of it.
    As for me being sick too. All I can say if any of you are fighting the cold off or getting sick. Take Garlic, Horseradish and Vitaman C tablets! With fenugreek and marshmallow (herb). By Natures Own. I have always suffered at the hands of a cold and flu for at least a week. Thanks to these great tablets, I have only suffered for 24-48 hours. I swear by them now.
    Seraya has been teething for a month now and its starting to peak. She has been really whingy around 11-12 each night. Panadol and teething rings are working well for now. Just have to remind her grand parents to medicate her instead of just letting her cry in pain when babysitting.
    Joy of being old and senile I guess.
    Well hope you are well and beating the winter bugs.
    xxoo
    Last edited by Reenie; July 5th, 2008 at 12:21 AM.

Hi everyone,
    Just thought i'd stop by and introduce myself and say hi.
    My Son Sam was born 31st march.
    Really looking forward to meeting other mums and people to chat to and ask advice.
    Being only 24, I don't have any close friends who have children.I have also been diagnosed with PND,so it has been quite a sad and lonely time for me.
    Look forward to hearing from some of you and hopefully meeting some wonderful friends.

Hi Laura, welcome! I'm sure you'll love getting to know the lovely ladies in this thread! Where abouts in Melbourne are you? Maybe we could get together one day if you are not too far away?

Catherinemoses-Thanks for you messsage.I live in Camberwell atm but I noticed you are from Ringwood and thats where my parents are and I am out that way at least once a week.would love to meet one day.Our babies are so close in age!

hi girls just a quick post from me tonight to let you know bec is having computer problems so will be offline for a few days ! welcome back eliycsha and welcome to Laura, we are a slow moving group but feel free to chat as much as you want ! im sorry to hear you have PND, what treatment are you having ?

Melinda

Hi all,

Feels like ages since I was last on BB - been super busy for the past week with MIL and my parents visiting as Cam was christened today.

It all went well and my baby boy never put up a fuss ... even when extremely cold water was poured on his head. My family was very amused cos the priest said afterwards "He (Cam) did well (not to cry) cos that water was bl00dy cold!". Apparently the water is usually room temp, just not today!

I decided to make Cammie a christening cake rather than spend oodles on a flash cake. It was a basic white chocolate mud with white choc ganache icing, but I was pleased with how it came up, although I'm no star cake decorator! Will upload a pic or two on email when I get a spare five mins.

All well our end at the moment - we seem to be avoiding colds and flus. Will be pleased when MIL goes home tomorrow. I get on ok with her but my DH clashes with her. She's the type who can't tell you anything in under one minute iykwim ... every thing she says takes a five-minute long-winded explanation (the reason why DH can't tolerate her for long).

Reenie - glad to hear things are on the up-n-up on the cold and flu front.

Mel - how are you going? Even though thrush isn't terribly good news (... an understatement!), hopefully it's the answer to your questions.

CM - good on Flynn for holding his bottle - every day Cam discovers more about his hands, but he's not quite at the point of holding a bottle.

Luey - beautiful pix of Ethan. I typed a response via bigpond email to say as much ... then the damn computer packed it in (lost internet connection, acutally) and I lost the entire email. He's an adorable little boy!

Bec - fantastic news on your BM achievements. Won't be long and Jake will be booby feeding all the time! PCB expo was great ... we signed up for "swimming lessons", as my DH says. Will probably start in the next few weeks.

SG and Bec ... how was the Cats' big effort last night against Adelaide!! Hope the boys were in their navy and white stripes! I need a new Cats outfit for Cam ... he's virtually outgrown his 000 outfit. Good excuse to shop for him!

LauraB - welcome to our group! Hope you're going well with overcoming your PND.
    Eli - welcome back and congrats on the birth of Seth ... glad to hear he's doing well.

Another two boys to add to the brood ... think that our only girls are Isabella and Seraya, is that right????

Must go, after 11pm and I'm buggered ... been a loooonnnng couple of days!

Take care, Andie xx

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast