Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008 #2

Hi girls, I've lost track of this forum again!
    Bec: I work one afternoon a week for about 3-4hrs. It is nice to get out of the house. Flynn stays with my mum which she barely endures!! I nearly have everything I need to be working at home, I'm expecting some money ($$$$) from the ATO which I will be putting towards a few more tools and supplies! It is very exciting. How did you give the orange to Jake? I have been looking at what else I can give to Flynn and have thought about oranges but I'm not sure how to give them to him. He readily takes anything and everything and shoves it into his mouth but he tends to just keeps shoving and then nearly chokes, as a result I mash everything and I can't see mashing oranges working that well!!
    Melinda: yes they are all so different! Flynn is not really standing by himself, it was about a second! DH let him go and i snapped the shot! He does love to feel his feet tho!
    Luey: glad things are going well for you, hope it stays that way!
    Jen: I love going to the market for fruit and veg, unfortunately it is very far away from me. I get some of my fruit and veg delivered but Aussie Farmers Direct. It is so convenient and I get a surprise each week as you never know quite what will be in it! We have been getting delicious strawberries and pineapple, the other week we got a beetroot which I had no idea what to do with but ended up roasting which was quite delicious!
    Nina: I don't know how you can do anything without DH around! I'd be a mad woman! Cohen is gorgeous BTW
    Jo: Hope the paed appointment goes well and that there are no dramas with Isabella.
    Laura: Hope you are going ok. Are you making the most of your mum being on school holidays? I hope so. Glad the vics worked. I tell everyone about it!
    Flynn had his 6mth weigh in on Monday and he has not put on 'enough weight'. only 300g when they would've liked to see about 500g. Anyway she has stressed me out a little and made me feel like a bad mum, but Flynn seem quite happy and certainly doesn't look malnourished so I'm trying not to worry about it but I am a little... Other thing to report...Flynn is right at this moment wearing a cloth nappy !!! Yay for me! I bought some terry flats probably 3 weeks ago and they st in the laundry waiting for me to wash them. i finally washed them and they have been in the folding pile for about a week. Yesterday i tried putting one on him but they only way I knew how to fold it wasn't working so i resorted to a sposie! But today I got online and Googled (what the heck did we do before Google???!) how to fold nappies and now Flynn is wearing a cloth nappy. Yay! Hopefully I can stay on top of the washing!
    Anyway hope I 'personaled' everyone. sorry if I missed you.
    Take care

Just need to have a whinge before I explode.

I have a MASSIVE headache today. Had it since last night. I want a sick day, lol. So DH just left for work, Benji is whinging about his finger (nothing wrong) in between being incredibly rude and I can barely keep my eyes open it hurts so much. ARGHHHH. Thankfully Jake and Chloe are being champs, despite Jake deciding that the day started at 4:30am. This is one of those days that it all just sucks Part of the job.....

oh and Catherine, Jake only put on 200g too. I'm not worried, as you said you know they are doing well.

Bec, Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Laura how are you doing?

I'm feeling much better now, sorry for the whinge.

Catherine, I give Jake orange in eighths, so i cut it in half, then each half in quarters, peel the skin off and give it to him. I do have to keep an extra eye on him though and pull it out once it's all stringy and he's sucked all th juice out! Well done on the cloth too You will notice a difference in your hip pocket! Even if you manage one cloth nappy a day that's 365 you have saved from landfill too. I used a terry flat for the first time today on Jake. I much prefer my MCN, much easier to put on a squirming baby!

xxx

HELLOOOOO!!
    So sorry I have been absent so long. What's it been like 2 months? SLACK! Well in my defense I have only just gotten back online properly so I hope you haven't thought bad of me too much p

Hope you and the babies are all doing well! I will email some photos shortly when my ADSL kicks in. Here's the scoop anyways: We moved into our beautiful new house on the 12th of August. Are soooo much happier here- yes even my stubborn husband who didn't want to move in the first place!! Can't believe we almost divorced over moving, but he really is much happier too. Which makes me want to kick him up the claccka and say "Seeeee!" LOL
    The phone line took 6 weeks to get connected because Telstra have a bunch of slack jawed yokels working for them. Looong story but finally here we are. Now I am waiting for ADSL and I will be able to upload pics for you guys. Am on wifi atm and it powerful sucks. Have been watching all your little bundles turn into chubba bubbas ALong with my own. Although Seraya is still in some 000's and has a lot of room to spare in 00's. She is quite small. Am getting her 6 month needles this arvo and will weigh her then. I think she is about 7kgs. A nice little package. She is so much smaller then her big heffa sister was. India was about 10kgs at 6 months!! Into 0's and 1's! She was a buddha obese baby!
    So I am enjoying still being able to carry Seraya around quite comfortably and cuddle her with ease. Yes she is crawling ( I think she was doing that when I last posted) But I have managed to slow her down by sticking her in the jolly jumper and her play station. She is trying very hard to squeeze out "Dada and Mama." She did say "Dada" at 4 months but never did it again. lol. She is cutting her bottom two teeth. They are poking through quite a bit but not fully out. Oh and a bummer of a thing- she has excema!! India has it too along with bad asthma and allergies. I have a feeling that that hers is unrelated to asthma or allergies though. Since it is just confined to the sides of her beautiful little face. But yes I always have to later her up and make sure she doesn't scratch. She has woken up with blood all over her before because of the scratching which made me upset. So she is miss mittens at bed time. As for her sleeping, she still sleeps right through TG! Goes down at about 9:30pm and sleeps until 9:30, but amazingly will lay in her bed without crying until we go and get her. I can't understand how well behaved she is. Whenever she wakes up she will lay there for hours before she starts to whinge that she is hungry. Her tummy will be rumbling when you pick her up but she doesn't make a peep! Strange child! But a good one! Oooh and she looooves her solids. She probably only has 3 bottles max a day but I can't force any more into her so the solids are starting to help beef her up a bit. Doc's aren't worried as she is gaining, just slowly. She follows me. I was a 6lb baby and always tiny for my age. I kind of like having a petite sized baby this time. It was like carrying round a pre schooler with India.
    As for me, I was starting uni as you all know, but because of that nasty stalker business I ended up deferring. Am doing voice over work now for some radio stations and am returning back to part time work just for something to do. Am interviewing this week for some account exec roles. Well I am not even gonna bother reading the last 50 pages of posts to catch up. If you could just fill in the blanks a little like I did,that would be much appreciated! I have missed you gals and catching up on the baby buzz!
    Nice to be back!! xxoo

Oh I forgot- I got the Mirena fitted. Am not sure if I like it or not yet. Keep hearing bad stories. I have felt a bit moody since and really grumpy for no reason. Plus I keep getting my period every 2 weeks ARGH. They aren't heavy at all like a lot of women apparently get. I am waiting for it to settle down. If it doesn't in the next few months I think I will get it out. Plus I am feeling a couple of kgs heavier and I don't like that one bit! Thank goodness we are setting up the home gym. I need to run a few miles to feel human again! Is anyone else on Mirena? How do you find it?
    Last edited by Reenie; September 25th, 2008 at 10:59 AM.

Hi Reenie! nice to hear from you Glad the girls are doing so well, and tell me what do you give Seraya huh?? there must be some trick?

I have a Mirena and have no probs. I do feel heavier but I suspect that is me being at home and eating terribly. I did have spotting everyday for about 6 weeks but since then nothing. Maybe one spot when I guess I am maybe Oing? I'm liking it so far. I too have heards storeis but i guess you only ever hear the bad ones. My friend had an IUD taken out (not Mirena) and then 2 weeks m/c a baby at 14 weeks she didn't even know was there.

Kids are killing my head today.....ARGHHH chloe and her bl00dy screeching!!

xxx

Hi Ladies,
    sorry I have been MIA lately.... DP being bit of a bastard, D is teething really hard but you get that. I have been lurking but no time to reply sorry

Well TU we finally have 2 teeth, 1 is poking through & I can see the 2nd coming through, hopefuly he will settle soon. The solids are going really well. We have brought a highchair so that makes it easier. I am now feeding him twice a day, he doesn't always eat much but has heaps of fun squishing everything & chewing/gumming it - it must be good for his teeth. He loves brocoli & zuchini & has been having heaps of pear lately. I gave him some bread with avocado that he chewed up & the squashed the toast I gave. so cute....

Laura, how are you going with your meds, have you swapped them yet or are you doing that this week. It's amazing how long it can take to sort out the mother & baby thing it was the same with Trisillian, I was suppose to go next week but I'm not going to... How are the dreams going?? is that a sideaffect of your current/old meds?? glad that your area seems to have a good support network, how are you settling in though?

Bec, love how you keep us going & the photos were great, loved the video as well - it seemed like you dog was trying to show Jake how the crawling thing was done

catherine, I loved your photos as well.

Sorry I gotta go bbl
    but hi to reenie, glad your back online, hi macca, andie, mel, luey, jo, nina & I'm sure I have missed someone....

LOL Nic if I don't keep on top of it i get so snowed under, lol.

Wow two teeth D!! WHOOOT! We still have none, and no sign of any apart from the occasional grumps. I must be beefing up Jake cos he was 5 meals a day now, brekkie, MT, lunch AT and tea. Jake loves avacado on bread too Nic, it's his fave lunch. There hasn't been one thing I've offered him he has refused so far. He's getting really good too and not much of it makes it to the floor anymore.

sorry you're having troubles with DP....I can't say much cos we had a little explosion last night ourselves As excited as I am that Geelong have made the GF again I have to say I'm not looking forward to GF day and DH drinking..........*sigh*

Gotta go Jake is grizzling, ready for bed I reckon as he's been up since 5am! Oh , I have yet another blister on my nipple....anyone know if there's anything special I can/should be doing for it? It's from bad attachment in the night time....

xxx

We got the all clear from the paed yesterday. He said that there is no need to investigate any futher . I think the fit was related to her having a temp and having a cold.
    We FINALLY got the go ahead to build our new house. We are meeting the builder tomorrow to discuss when he can start building. I can't wait
    Isabella is having her 6 mth checkup on Monday but she hasn't had her needles yet as she still has a cold and a cough
    I had bet go and hang out a load of washing before playgroup this morning
    Take care everyone and have a good weekend
    Jo

PS Good to have you back Reenie

Hi everyone!

Good to see you back Reenie, Glad everything is going well for you.

Jo - WOOHOO about the house!and that all is good health wise!

Bec, glad you're feeling better.

Catherine, Yay for cloth! next time I see you I can lend you a couple of all in ones if you like.Just to give them a go.Look at me trying to convert you!

Nic, Yay for teeth and for you.Have emailed you.

I have been at my mums the last 3 days and expected to come back to a gazillion and one post, you have all been rather quiet in here.

I started a new medication on Wednesday and I didn't end up having to go off them completely first which was good.I am on a pretty low dose ATM but it foes up again tomorrow.No night terrors as yet but I feel like I'm drunk! I can't put my words together, they said that should clear in a week or two.I'm just hoping I start to feel better than I have been.I am so over being like this.I want to be normal!!!

But on a very good note I think Sam only woke once last night.He was in bed with me and I can't even remember if he ate or I just gave him a cuddle.Hopefully we are finally on our way to sleeping through.*jinx*

Not much else to report......I ate 3 snickers bars today,can't quite believe that.I should be ashamed!

See ya!

Laura xx

P.s I can't write more because I think I am going to start typing drunk too.

Nic - Hugs. WOOO on the teeth

Jo - glad you got the all clear

Laura - 3 snickers bars is nothing I ate about 10 slices of jelly slice. But it is ok, I used low fat condensed milk. Hopefully the side effects settle down soon. hang inthere. YAY on waking only once

Bec- Hi

reenie - welcome back

CM - I agree I would be lost without google.

Mel - Hi. How did you get your LO (sorry mind blank too early) to sleep longer during the day after waking at 40mins? did you resettle or just happen? How are the nights going?

We had a "good" night last night - waking every 3 hours but His monkeyness has decided not to take a bottle from Daddy so I am not getting the sleep I need. ( I am trying to catch up after him waking ever couple of hours and DH had 3 calls for work the other night, not when I was awake of course). DH tries to feed him about 11ish but HM cries and makes a fuss and wakes me anyway. Ended up not taking a bottle from me either then but was fine at 3. I do still BF. I am at my wits end, seriously considering going to a sleep place or getting a private consultant but I guess I need to get tougher. Silly thing is that he will sleep when he wants to, no amount of me rocking etc will make him sleep, sometimes he will just drop off others it is a battle.

ETA: At risk of sounding liek a pushy mama is there something I should be doing to help him to sit up? He was sitting with straight back a fe wweeks ago but now slumps forward and plays with toes or reaches for toys. He only balances for a few seconds, sometimes maybe 5 at best? Also rolling, he rolls from tummy to back but not quite the other way. It is something he has to do in his own time I just wasn't sure if there were things I was supposed to be doing to help him. He does play with his toes and stretches. HE is just too fat to flip over. I guess I am feeling the mummy inadequacy after spending time with other girls from our mums group whose kids are 5 and 6 weeks younger and they are moving more. I do figure he is lazy, just like his mama. I didn't sit until about 8months LOL

Have a great weekend everyone
    Last edited by luey; September 27th, 2008 at 09:25 AM.

Hi Ladies how was everyones weekends? Beautiful weather here so we spent alot of it outside. The boys have been in the pool most of the weekend and Scout paddled his feet but he wasnt too impressed. I dont blame him as it was freezing
    However I know it wont always be like that so he is starting swimmng lessons after the holidays I cant wait it should be fun. He loves his bath and likes to "swim" in that so fingers crossed he will like the pool as well.

I discovered my son has a fantastic temper on him today. I knew he can go off at times but wow did he lose it this afternoon. I have to laugh as it was so funny.
    We had gone for a walk and stopped in at a certain fast food place that has golden arches for the 50c icecream cones. I was handing the boys their cones when old big eyes spotted this and starting screaming in his pram. Did the whole arching of the back, bright red face flailing arms carry on. And he has never even tried icecream before!! Well needless to say he has now. He couldnt get enough of it. I ended up sucking as much of mine out as I could and gave him the cone, unfortunately that just didnt cut it for long. He wised up that the cone just wasnt as good as the icecream.
    So we put up with a screaming child for half the walk back home again. 6 months old and throwing tantrums? Will have to fix that asap I think.

I hope you all had lovely relaxing weekends ready for another week at the grind stone. One more week of holidays to go yay.
    Off to sort out showers and bedtime now just wanted to share our funny day
    TTFN

Stacey: Your story got me laughing, I hadn't expected tantrums so your either. Flynn was 'reading some newspaper (which means scrunching, tearing up and eating!) an I decided that he had enough stuffed into his mouth etc so I took it off him. Well did he kick up a stink!!! He settled down as though there was nothing wrong when I gave it back! I was really shocked I was not expecting tantrums form one so young!!
    Luey: I think they just do it when there are ready. Flynn usually only rolls from back to front. I try to encouraging him by putting toys just out of his reach etc but he doesn't want to so he doesn't ! He will get there in the end I'm sure.
    We have had a great weekend here. I got a 'sleep in' yesterday! It was divine! Josh had to work and he bought Flynn into bed with me at about 7am. I fed him and then we both went back to sleep, me until 8.30 and Flynn until 9.30! I was so nice. I got to read the paper for a bit before he woke up, it was wonderful!
    Anyway I hope you all had a good weekend.

Hi girls! time for me to catch up before the thread gets away on me again....

Jo, that is fantastic news about Isabella, you must be SO relieved!! Great news on the house too, I am envious How did your meeting with the builder go?

Laura, how are you doing? lol at your feeling drunk, I know it can't be much fun all the time. Good for Sam at sleeping for you too. And the snickers....I was looking at your new FB piccies.....girl, you don't need to worry about 3 snickers bars!! You are looking pretty darn good!! Anyway, I'm tucking into Doritos ATM .

Luey, you don't sound like a pushy mama at all....just a normal one! lol and it will get worse as they get older too On the sitting it's normal for them to sit right over, almost folded in half until their back muscles get strong enough. Give him a week or two of sitting like that (I know it looks SO uncomfy!) and he'll be sitting straight in no time. I don't know about anything special you can do, i've just always spent some time sitting on the floor behind them with them in between my legs sitting to play with them. It all helps, he'll get there. Jake still falls over heaps, he's ok as long as he isn't trying to chase something, lol. He's slowly learning to go from a sitting position to all fours.

All-boys sounds like a lovely weekend. We had rain here mostly. and at Scout's tantrum....Jake is starting too. Although he's not that bad yet....I'm sure it will come. And I think having siblings that can have things they can't/shouldn't makes it worse. For eg. this weekend the kids have been cutting Geelong pics out of the newspaper and Jake has been grizzling because they are doing it up off the floor and away from him when all he wants is to screw the newspaper up!!

Not too much here really......just the disappointment of the GF Jake has started doing something strange at night time. When he's in bed he usually stirs, wakes a little and I shove the boob in so he'll just drift back to sleep quicker. but the last couple of nights he's screamed when I've done this and needed to be sat up or left a minute until HE decided HE wants booby. Mr Independant.

Better go, get to bed. Hope you all had a lovely weekend and hi to all

xxx

Hi Ladies,

sorry my headspace is a bit all over the place but here goes...

Jo, that's great news about Isabella, glad everything is all clear. Exciting news about the house, have you got house plans or sorted? please keep us updated...

Bec, "disappointment of the GF" huh? did I miss something I didn't get this? They are going through such funny stages atm, amusing at times but definitely not at others. About the blisters, I know you've had problems, have you thought about using nipple shields some nights or for the nipple with the blister. I used one a few times just until it healed, I know it can affect supply but if you don't use them all the time it could help? are you a member of the ABA? maybe give them a ring they might have some ideas...
    I swear D said marm the other day too but I guess he is playing with all sounds hehehe

catherine, woohoo for the sleepin. I found the same thing with Dusty about doing things when they are ready, he never really had much tummy time cause he just didn't like, now he is on his tummy all the time cause he wants to. The tanties are so funny at times - D chucks his when he wants to be picked up or wants me to hold him while he stands & you are spot on as soon as you do what they want they stop... I'm going to have to keep an eye on that one

Stacey, I thought the tanty over the icecream was hilarious, I noticed D really watches me intently when I eat something so it is only a matter of time, I tend to give him a bit of what I have so hopefuly that will keep him happy for awhile. About the AF thing, she came back a month ago, I am still waiting for a reappearance but she isn't due yet so I will wait & see. I would say it is definitely a b/f thing especially if you are b/f more often, if you are worried go & see your gp.

Laura, glad sam's sleeping has settled for you, hope it continues... hope those meds sort themselves out soon. 3 snickers bars won't stand a chance while your running around after sam, now if it became an everyday habit that could be a different thing Hope those meds sort themselves out soon. Thanks xxoo

Reenie, my short version, Dusty is 10 kgs, 70 cms long, he is in 0's & 1's. He now has 2 teeth. We have started solids via baby led solids & he is loving it. He is sitting really well, is rolling from his tummy to his back but not back again, although when he has been on his tummy lately he isn't rolling over so I think he is nearly ready to crawl. Cheeky bugger is really chatting away. Oh & he isn't sleeping nearly enough but it comes with the territory I guess.

Nina, woohoo getting married, can't wait to see the pics... Our boys must be the biggest, bloody heavy when trying to put to sleep

Well it's after midnight so I will bbl

Well officially a [email protected] night here....*yawn* went down at 7pm, woke at 9, 10, 11.30 refused to sleep until 2.30, awake at 3, in bed until 6.30. I managed 3.5hrs sleep It's gonna be a looooooong day. Jake is getting snuffly and has a dry cough so here we go again

Catherine, sorry was writing my post when you posted so I missed you. Your sleep in sounds lovely.... to Flynn.

Nic, your headpace? everything ok? sorry I wasn't clearer, I meant the Grand Final. We are Geelong supporters here. Thought about the ABA, might give them a try....

I'm off to attempt to start the day with some energy Chloe looks like she has conjunctivitis so I'm onto the salty water for it ASAP to hopefully fix it before it gets worse or to anyone else!

xxx

Better night...kinda! Jake didn't wake until 2:30am so i got 4.5hrs sleep! YAY!! but when he woke he coughed and coughed, got back to bed at 4 .

how are you all doing??

am I a thread killer again?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast