Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008

Glad it went well ania its nice when you are made to feel you are doing well.

So glad they appologised prama i hope she got into trouble.

Summer has been really unsettled again today she has been really tired and as usual not able to sleep from being dragged from here to there but a few times has screamed uncontrollably which isn't like her. Poor little chicken, i am going to go to the gym in the morning then just stay at home with her.

I bought a sleeping bag from best and less and we are giving it a go tonight, its her first night unwrapped so we'll see how we go. And she is wearing a size 0 bondsuit tonight eeeek!! it fits her, i guess it's like adult sizes they are all different.

I think i am off to bed.

Trina, hope Summer is sleeps well and the sleeping bag went well... i am reluctant to stop wraping as we are onto a good thing here...
    Its 6.30 amd i am up cos i am soooooooooo sore - Molly has been asleep since 8.30pm and aside from grunts and her sounds like she is trying to poo (she does them in her sleep alot) she is sound asleep. Hopefully she stirs soon otherwise i am gunna explde)

Ania glad you got a helpful LC and you are feeling better

Prama - great that they followed up complaints, they usually do, it makes you feel like you have been heard and that your complaint is not falling on deaf ears. Its great that she was spoken too

i think i hear her stiring (woo hoo say my boobies) BBL

Hi Girls

I have split this March group into two groups as requested by members. For those with children born March 1st -15th 2008, you can now start posting within this http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...ml#post1260000 thread. The remainder of you can carry on in this current thread.

Hmm thats abit of a bummer as the group has been together for so long and the chat seems to flow with everybody as they melded. Dont know that I can keep up with reading 2 forums..whos going to post where?

I agree Bron, we have all created a good bond, why split us up.

Prama - good news that you got the apology and so you should that was a mean midwife

Ania - I would be interested in seeing the schedule as well.

SJ - omg what a sleeper Molly is. You would be so sore indeed, have you tired expressing a little to give you some comfort when she has those big sleeps.

Trina - let me know how the sleeping bag goes. We have stopped wrapping DJ because he just gets out of his wraps and prefers to sleep without. I was considering getting a sleeping bag though. I got one as a gift but it is a size 0 - way too big for him yet.

I have to laugh I am trying to do stuff and put DJ on his playmat with the foxtel on and he has been watching Tigger and loves him heaps - makes heaps of goggly and giggly noises - sooooo cute.

I suppose I should start posting in this other thread.

Shell xxxx

Yeah its a bit of a bummer re: splitting of the groups.... i think we learn a lot from each other...

thanks ever1 for your support re: lc.... i do feel so much better.

Prama - good on you for making a formal complaint and im glad they apologised - i should of done the same with the pediatrician....he was the worst and apparently there have been a few complaints about from patients and nurses but he manipulates the situation and gets away with - speaking from a reliable source. But i told the lc about him and she knows the director of lactation at westmead and she is going to do somehing about it....

Also my ob names was dr tien huynh she is fantastic ive had her for over 3 years as a gyn and ob for my endometriosis....my sister in law and her friends had her too - she will do anything for you and she genuiely cares about u too.... she missed my deliver my milliseconds....lol i was too quick... she arrived as they were putting joshi on my belly... she was sooooooo disappointed.

Your exercise group sounds like fun - the playgroup was just that -new mothers with bubs and toys.... i didnt stay long as monkey needed a feeda dn all the other mothers were bottle feeding and it was cold in the room... plus i had his ped. appt later.

The BF schedule is (use this only as a guide girls):

12.30am FEED than SLEEP
    4.40am FEED than Sleep
    7.30am feed than sleep
    10.30am feed than sleep
    a feed between 12 and 4.30pm with sleep/play time
    4.30pm feed than sleep/playtime
    5.30pm feed than sleep/playtime
    6.30pm feed
    7pm bathtime
    7.30pm feed than sleep
    10pm feed than sleep

The LC said that bubs our age should be getting approx 7-8 feeds a day. The reason why more feeds in arvo cause baby is more unsettled and there is more of the fat milk. Anyway i found it easier to settle him more with more feeds at this time if he is unsettled.

Hope this helps girls.xxxx

hi girls will respond in the other thread.. dunno why the split

Hi Girls,

To be up front and honest with you this split has come from us girls from the March 16th-31st belly buddies. Like you we all just wanted to stay together. Absolutely nothing wrong on your part, (you are all gorgeous, lovely yummy mummies!) but for us it's a familiarity thing. Much less brain power to chat amongst others you are familiar with and have bonded with. So I (and I'm sure we all do) apologise if this has caused any problems or upset anyone.

Having said that I just assumed that this thread you are all active in would be re-named the March 1st-15th Baby Buddies and that a new one would be opened called the March 16th-31st Baby Buddies. That way none of you would have to move.

So sorry guys........

xxx

Well girls, looks like we have our thread although I'm feeling mighty awful about it TBH. It feels like the other March girls have been booted out of their own thread..... Wasn't meant to be like this at all, I just hope there are no hard feelings about it all.

hey bec - no hard feelings, thou i might be found lurking here to see what you guys are chatting about

Ok then!!!!

Hello ladies.

Yeah don't know whats going in with the whole thread situation. Just to clarify, we just asked for the belly buddies of March 16-31st to stay together in our own thread. Not to muck everything up. So hope that everyone is clear that its nothing personal!! We just found like we were invading you lovely ladies in the March 1st-15th group. By the time we had our bubs, you already had yours and were in a different stage. It was also super hard to read all the posts and get to know everyone, because it was already established and so busy. Hope you can understand that we just wanted to stay in our own belly buddy group. Just easier. The less complicated things the better at this time in our already hectic lives!!

xx oo Hope the mix up hasn't caused too much of a cafuffle. Just a suggestion, if you feel like you are being booted from the March 1st-15th group, you're not!! You can of course stay there. It is just for us ladies to keep in touch! xx oo

Ditto on that Reenie....

My oh my.....what a mess.....

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I can understand where you girls are coming from but I think it's also important that we all continue chatting. I know I don't get time to do personals or even read posts properly so I haven't really gotten to know anyone properly for that reason. It was nice to have Bec in the same buddy group as me again. We got to know eachother through the TTC 6+ but then lost touch coz of our due dates being different.

Hi girls,

Oh boy ... the split hasn't hapened quite like we thought, huh? Looks like the March bubs thread has become the Mch 16-31 thread and left us all a bit confused. Great that we've got our own thread again, but I too thought a brand new 15-31 would have been created ... not rebranded, or whatever has happened. Bec, do NOT feel awful - a dozen of us asked to create a NEW Mch 16-31 thread, not "overtake" the current March 08 bubs thread!!!

To any March 1-15 girls / March 2008 bubs who might be reading this - Reenie hit the nail on the head. Those of us with similar due dates sought the split purely because - like most of you - we've spent the past nine months getting to know each other really well, and we (well, personally speaking) found ourselves a teeny bit overwhelmed in the general March bubs thread with so many friendships so firmly established. And you guys must be touch typists ... your conversations move with the speed of lightening! Please don't take offense, it aint nuthin personal - you all seem like a very nice bunch!

Well, I'm officially a beauty pageant mum (sort of ...) . I entered Cam in a baby competition today (all in the name of a charitable association). We scored a couple of 'commended' sashes in the 'prince' and 'cute' categories. It was all a bit of fun but I don't think either Cam or I are cut out for the beauty pageant circuit. On the updside, I didn't see any fake tan or hairspray (hee hee).

Cheers, Andie

Ditto to what everyone else has said. I really don't see what the problem was anyway (if there is a problem) as although the dates are 'split' I doubt it will alter the dynamics of either group too much as I don't know if any of us 16-31st mummys really contributed. I know I never posted so although they want to keep chatting you can't continue something you never did. I just couldn't keep up. I know that if mums from other groups or outside the dates want to continue posting or pop in and say hi I don't see that as a problem. Again the split didn't happen exactly as we imagined.

Anyhoo, Raining where I am. YAY. The farmers will be out in force seeding. I have the cleaner here today. YAY. Normally I go out as I feel too guilty doing nothing while she cleans but the weather is too yuk to take ethan out if I don't really have to. DH will do the jobs I wanted to do - go the post office and collect mail. My BF tops have arrived and I can't wait. Looking forward to trying on the freshmums. Ethan is still colicky, I don't think I should have had tacos (or the vegie soup, chocolate but only had a tiny bit or pineapple chicken- is so hard) , he had so many pooey nappies in a row and was unsettled and in pain. On the up side after a feed at 830pm, settled by 10 he slept until 0445. Colicky again already this morning - I love my wrap though. HE has settled in that, asleep with the dummy farting away. I am trying cooled boiled water first (3ml i na syringe), as well as giving him infacol before most feeds. Hopefully we will get a good result from this.

Do any of your bubs suffer from wind? What do you do? What do you avoid? I think we will be eating mainly meat and 3 veg, , but it is easy so am cooking it a lot anyway. Especially now I have my George grill, which is fab.

AndiE- Glad you had fun. Were there any over the top mums there?

I hope you all have a great weekend

No offence taken girls there was just a bit of confusion but now it's sorted If only our babies wind would move as quickly as the March girls fingers

Glad the whole thread thing has been sorted...Thanks Bec for organising it all for us and don't feel bad you didn't do anything wrong.

Now we can continue to catch up at our snails pace, lol.

Wind - Ari doesn't get it too bad....I notice when I eat to much sugar he gets an upset tummy (as do I, tmi) so am trying my hardest to avoid excess consumption.

Ari is 2mths old today!! For the last 2 nights he has slept through from 9:30-10pm till 5-5:30am, bliss!!!

As I mentioned I am heading down the the PBC expo in Sydney on Sunday, cant wait to buy some fluff...speaking of fluff Bubblebubs are having a sale and I bought few nappies for Ari ...perfect for daddy changes, if I could convince him to change a nappy that is

OK well I have a bunch of stuff I should be doing so must fly....have a great weekend everyone

XOXOXOX Hayley.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast