Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008

hi girls,

well im finally getting around to doing an update !
    we have been having a really tough time with James being really unsettled for the past few weeks, it would start about 1pm and basically continue all night, he slept easily for 2-3hours in the morning but then was really hard to get off to sleep in the afternoon and was quite unsettled overnight. from what i have worked out if we fill him full with a bottle of ebm at lunchtime he sleeps well in the afternoon (2 hours now and going well) and that leads into sleeping well in the night as well (although he still wakes 2-3 hourly for feeds) he goes straight back to sleep again, previously it was taking me about 1.5 hours to settle him after a feed and so i wasnt getting much sleep before he wanted another sleep. if he sleeps badly in the afternoon/evening i know the night is going to be difficult too !
    i went to the gp today and got some motilium, never had it before but wanted to try and increase my milk supply so james gets a big feed and will hopefully go longer between them rather than having a little every 2 hours.

so thats my new plan, fingers crossed it works !

Hayley: good boy Ari for sleeping so long !

Luey: let me know how your fresh mums tops go, i was thinking about getting some myself, i read though you usually need a size larger than you would normally get, do you think thats right ?
    we have big problems with wind pain too (james was awake with it at 4am!) i got some donnalix today and gave it to him then noticed it contained alcohol (didnt notice when i read it in the store) not thrilled about giving him that but i guess it must be a very small amount and hopefully it will help him. i had egg for dinner last night and that seemed to really affect him.

Bec: hope you are doing well, hows Jake going ? are you still breastfeeding and formula feeding ?

Reenie: i agree with you the area of gosford leavesa lot to be desired, it could be so good with the waterfront there, i hope they improve things there in the next little while, my brother purchased an apartment there overlooking the water opposite the leagues club) it is good for us to go and watch the fireworks over the water !
    i work at gosford hospital, in the maternity section and they are always struggling to have enough staff as im sure the rest of the hospital does, i had both my babies there and didnt have a problem but thats probably because im staff !

Andie: yay for Cam going in a baby competition, when he is famous we can say we know him lol

i better leave it there, hopefully i'll be able to keep up a bit more now James is more settled (touch wood it continues tonight as DH is at a work thing for the afternoon evening) so i hope he keeps up the good behaviour.

Melinda

Hi gals,

I'm feeling a teeny bit clever cos I added a pic to my ticker. It wasn't hard (far from it), but I consider myself somewhat technologically challenged!

Wind - yep, Cam suffers from it and I suspect I cause it. I've had such a sweet tooth lately that I've indulged a bit more than I should and I suspect it's the sugar that's giving him some wind. Luckily though his wind's easily sorted (so far). I always give him infacol before the boob or bottle and then sometimes gripe water afterwards (the wind seems to hit him 60-90 mins or so after a feed). If all else fails, I whip off his nappy and cycle his legs and/or bend his knees up to his chest. Airing his bum seems to lessen his inhabitions (hey, he''s a boy ) as he'll sometimes fart non-stop while his nap's off. At the end of the day, I really need to go cold turkey on my sugar habit .

I CANNOT imagine what colic must be like where the bub cries for hours without consolation. A couple of people have referred to Cam's wind as colic, but I definitely wouldn't class it as that, simply because he only cries for a little bit till he gets some relief.

Luey - Only spotted one slightly over the top mum. She had a 3-year-old son who she kept changing in and out of a tuxedo depending on what category was being judged (there were about 6 categories). Poor little bugger - I reckon she changed him into the tux four times. Dunno why she didn't just leave him in it??? The pic I added to my ticker is what Cam wore in the baby comp. Little red overalls and matching bootie/shoes.

Hayley - have fun at the expo. I presume Brissie will have one sometime soon, in which case I'll be there with bells on. Hope the aisles are wide enough for a gazillion prams!

Mel - hope things OK with James. Can we help?

Cheers, Andie

Hi Mel,

Just noticed your post. You're having a tough time, aren't you . Hope the motilium does the trick with your supply and helping James stretch his feeds out a bit. You must be knackered if you're barely sleeping, poor thing. Hope this is a turning point for you and it's all good from here in.

Ahhhh, the young master has just woken from his nap (... what timing!) so this means it's offically feeding time at the zoo!

Good luck with things Mel, you know where we are if you want to vent.

Andie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Don't tell me sugar, it was the one thing I thought I was ok with, I have reduced, basically eliminated all chocolate I do succumb and not sure if that plays a role. Sometimes the wind starts of an afternoon, 5pmish and continues on until 10 or so. Today it was early morning and he has now settled. He has slept for a good 3 hours now. I should wake him soon, but I hate doing that, I figure he isn't hungry at the moment. He will wake when he is hungry. Of course hte child health nurse said I should be feeding every 4 hours during the day amd waking him. Maybe I should do it but I don't, especially when he has had wind/colic. I think what she is saying is the opposite of demand feeding, he obviously doesn't want it at the moment. You also don't know how much he is getting in a feed, totally BF, my boobs are quite full at the moment and he usually feeds for around 45mins-hour. I think he is getting more efficient too. I am taking longer as I want to (try and )burp him more. Little darling just won't bring his wind up despite infacol before a feed. I figure I will keep doing what I am doing and he is having very wet nappies and I just won't tell the child health nurse.

Mel - I so could not do the 2 hourly feeds, you are doing so well. I will let you know about the top, I haven't tried it on yet, DH was picking the parcel up, hopefuly he gota chance. I am sort of inbetween sizes I think according to measurements so fingers crossed.

AndiE- well done for adding a pic. I am technologically challenged to but I don't try, I don't have to when my DH more than makes up for me.

Have a great weekend everyone

Hi Girls, I've been posting semi regularly in the March bubs thread, and have been getting to know the 1-15 mums more, but my darling Flynn was born on the 17th so I'll try and catch up with you girls who have more similar aged bubs! I wasn't part of either belly buddies group so it's a little hard...Anyway....
    Luey Thankfully Flynn hasn't had much problem with wind. The few times that he has has it I gave him gripe water. The first time i gave it to him about 2 or so minutes after, he had 2 huge farts and then fell asleep! Might be worth a try?
    Flynn had his 2 month needles yesterday. He screamed when they jabbed him but was fine with a cuddle and fell straight to sleep. He spent the day at home with DH (I have been working a few half days cos DH got fired) and seemed to be fine. He was a little cranky going to bed but went to sleep after some cuddles and some baby panadol and has been fine since. Wasn't nearly as bad as I had keyed myself up for!
    Hope you all have a good night

catherine - just wanted to wish you all the best with things with your DH. hope things get sorted out.
    xoxoxo

HI girls. Wow already busy in here lol. Glad things have settled down on the thread front.

Re wind: I am soo lucky. Seraya doesn't get wind anymore since I have been primarily been feeding with formula. I haven't had to use infacol since she was about 3 weeks old. I love not having to watch what I eat. I just bfeed at night now, but am considering going all the way to formula as she sleeps like a rock on it since it takes longer to digest compared to BM. She slept in 6 hour blocks last night woohoo. Although that doesn't help you good girls who are sticking to BFing. I find by the time you find a good wind treatment they start to grow out of it. Usually by 3-4 months, if wind is keeping them up, you should refer it to a paed or doc. It could indicate something that not functioning in their guts/digestive system. Seraya only poos once every 2-3 days now on formula. Do you find that is the case with Jake Bec? But when she does them, boy what a mess!! Stinky too. At least BM smells slighly sweet when it is refunded out the bum. lol
    Since I have switched to formula she is not feeding every 2 hours now TG!! She at least sleeps in 3-4 hour blocks during the day but is awake for about 3 hours in the day. She likes to be held and talked to, or lye on her play mat and bat at the danglies. She is trying so hard to giggle. So cute!!
    Andie- How did you add the pic?? I have been wondering how to do it myself! Cute pic btw!
    I feel for you ladies with colicy or windy bubs. It really wears you out, especially if you have another little one to care for. I really am thanking my lucky stars that both girls have been such good babies (so far for Seraya anyway). She doesn't cry much at all. Even if she is crying as soon as you pick her up and talk to her, she starts smiling and trying to talk to me. It makes me melt!
    Well I gtg DH made me yummy lasagne for dinner and its almost ready.
    Hello to Catherinemoses too. Seraya was born on St Pattys day too She went well with her needles. And she gobbled up her rotovirus oral vaccine too! Doc said she was the only baby to eat the whole thing willingly that he had ever seen. Little guts.
    Last edited by Reenie; May 17th, 2008 at 12:00 AM.

Hi again,

Reenie - re: pic in ticker. Without getting too technical (er, that's cos I can't ), I cropped and resized the image down to 25pc using Finepix software on our computer. Then went into lilypie and followed usual prompts to create ticker. Where it asked if I wanted to add an image, I clicked on 'browse' and found the pic in my files. Easy as pie, but I think the trick is resizing the image down in the first instance. Re: wind - you're lucky with your girls not suffering wind. Half your luck!

Luey - it may be that it's not sugar that's a problem for your bub . I' was also been told by the accupuncturist/naturopath I saw pre-baby to avoid gluten like the plague, cos apparently babies system's aren't "designed" to process gluten and it results in wind. But I'm a carbo-holic (bread, cereal, pasta etc etc), so while I've reduced my gluten intake, I haven't cut it out completely. I'm also worried about going cold turkey on gluten, because I wonder how Cam will tolerate gluten if he's not introduced to it through me - kwim? Cam used to attach for 40 mins or longer, but in the last couple of weeks he's usually had enough after 25 mins. His sucking has definitely improved in recent times.

Catherinemoses - hi there! Cam has his two month vaccinations next Friday. Goodness knows how he'll cope but I've got my fingers crossed he won't be too upset. Sorry to hear about your DH - you're doing well to manage work with your new bub. How are you finding being away from your bub, even for half days? Guess it's probably not through choice, but hope it's not too hard for you.

I was reading the latest WHO magazine today, and they've got a two-page spread on celeb yummy mummies who have lost their baby weight asap after birth. It's not that reading those articles nark me exactly, but I do wonder why mags insist on celebrating the immediate weight loss of celeb new mums . It goes without saying that if we all had the money, personal chefs and trainers and live-in nannies we too could be a size 8 within 24 hours of birth. By the way, if you see the mag check out the pic of Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt's biological daugher ... what an absolutely beautiful little girl. Yes, she's blessed with uber-beautiful genes, but I was amazed by her looks (... and it takes a lot to amaze me where celebs are concerned cos I usually couldn't give a rat's clacker).

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Andie

Hello, hello hello!! It's so nice to be home again on BB!

Welcome Catherine, nice to see you! You are doing well going back to work (even if it's not by choice!), bugger about the circumstances though. What a brave little boy for his needles.....yay for Flynn. Not nice I know, Jake had his Monday and did much the same but it still breaks your heart to subject them to pain... . Are you guys BF? Good for Flynn on the wind front too.....what a little wonderboy you have...

Teachmum and SJ, thanks Nice to know there are no hard feelings there. And don't worry I know I'll be stalking you guys for sure, check out what YOU guys are chatting about, . Danni, I still stalk you, see how you and Jazz are going....especially in the lead up to Jazz's birth....you had me going for days! It's nice to have someone from TTC buddies with a bubba the same age as mine.

Andie, congrats on the pageant.....what a star! Like someone (??) said, when he's famous we can say we know him....and all the troubles he caused his mumma!! lol And the pic....I need to do one too, and a ticker....some day! As far as the celebs...pfft! We could all SO look like that if we had the erm....resources they do!

Melinda, I am SO very happy James is settling for you. I was worried when I hadn't heard from you in a couple of days.... It's a tough time and you have soldiered on. You have done a better job that I could have. Good on you for the Motillum too...that's something I probably should have done. I gave up on the BF morning and night....my supply just wasn't there even for that. I do miss the cuddles with BF but (and as I have done with all the bubs!) my little make up for that contact is I always cuddle my kids to sleep. Bad habit I know ( and I DO know....been there twice now!!) but it's our little snuggle time which I really enjoy.

Luey, bugger, bugger bugger on the wind. Sorry...we don't have wind here anymore... not long now and he should be growing out of it like reenie said. Until then...good luck! Your tops sound great, let us know how they are. I know i'm not BF anymore but still like to ba able to pass opinion on these things to friends, lol.

Reenie, I could have written about FF myself like that. I too enjoy not having to watch what I eat as I'm sure that was a problem with us too. Although on this damn diet I can't eat much anyways.....grrrr. TBH though...I have cheated....all the time!!! ROFL. Half a bikkie here...a couple of chips there.....lol. Please remind me how bad i've been when I complain about my lack of weight loss next week!! On the poos....Jake still is only once every three or so days which is nice. But they aren't so stinky and are nice and compact, no runny ones here! He's very obliging actually, he usually has a little parcel in his nappy and then while I have it off he finishes his 'business' into some flushable wipes...makes using cloth nappies SO much more pleasant!!

Robbo, I have been stalking you on your blog....lol!! I love your photos, you are very talented. Enjoy the expo, I'm so jealous, especially of all the fluff!! Man MCN is SOOOO addictive!! I have on layby some BBH AIO's (for as you said the dad factor! lol) and on ebay I have 2 AIO's coming, again for the dad (and anyone else!) factor. I have my own little experiment here ready to sew....I'm so nervous! It's just a fitted terry outer/flanelette inner with bamboo hidden layers. Bit like the pooky pocket quick drys but with a hidden layer. We'll see......

I had a crappy day here.....that's why I waited until now to post, I was too sh***y! lol. Took me ages to get anywhere today, had a million errands to do up the street, ended up finally getting out of the house at 9;30, only to get home to the bombshell I left just in time for jakes 11am feed. The last of our eldest fish died (we still have two but these are new) I suspect largely due to me not cleaning the tank for around 10 weeks...... Oh and the other fish half ate him.....noice!! So we flushed what was left and did an emergency clean. House was a mess all day (drives me bonkers!), kids drove me mad....then at 5:45pm tonight, Chloe was being a silly bugger in the hall and tripped over with a plastic cup in her hand, which broke in her face!! I rushed her to the Drs (being so close to closing on a friday....no drs here on weekends, have to go to hobart). She has a little hole in her cheek, luckily it didn't need gluing (I'm very paranoid about scars on faces as I have alrge one on my cheek...) but she has a massive bruise/lump right between her eyes which will result in two black eyes.....*sigh*. Been crabby with DH as he refuses to discuss finances with me at all but then gets sh***Y when we have no money......and it goes on.

Anyhoo....this has been an essay. Have fab weekend, I have a lovely visit from my crazy Aunt tomorrow......not fun.....she really is 'different' lol.

xxx

10:30pm and he's still out to it....do I go to bed or wait a little longer or wake him??? decisions, decisions, decisions......

Hey again girls. Just up late and thought I would pop in. I think I will have to stop giving Seraya the booby. It ruins her for when I go to bottle feed her. She ends up just spitting the bottle back out cos she knows that booby milk is around and tastes a whole lot better! I have been trying to give her a bottle for the last hour and she's not having it, so I stick her in her swing and she either goes to sleep while watching Seinfeld (lol- she remembers it from in my tummy. I watch it ALL the time!) or cries herself into a fierce hunger after about 10 - 20 mins of on and off crying. From what i can hear now she has gone to sleep She will probably wake up in about an hour ready for a bottle.
    Bec- Nice that Jake does considerate sized poopies for your CN's. Seraya makes such a mess. They are grey green, and have the consistency of thick water. She could almost double as a cement mixer!! Except you wouldn't want your driveway made of the stuff she brews up!! LOL Bummer about Chloes face! Hope she makes a quick recovery! I still really respect you for the fact that you have 3 kids and still have your sanity!! Although I am sure you would disagree with me some days on that one no doubt hehe. Its funny how you say "Should I wake him. If I am about to go to bed and Seraya hasn't woken for a feed for a few hours I will happily wake her up. I HATE being woken up, especially If I have just gotten off to sleep! I love that I can get a few hours of uninteruppted sleep by waking her up before I go to bed. I used to do it with India all the time and it worked really well. Sucks about your fishies too. I couldn't imagine having pets on top of kids lol. I am glad that I gave away my husky puppy 15 months ago. I miss him like crazy but I think I would be loopy if I had to run after him, AND the 2 girls. I think I will wait a few years before I embark on another puppy journey. They are hard work. Maybe when I start getting clucky again, I will get a dog, that will cure me for a while.

Andie- Thanks for the pic tip. I will have a play when I have some spare time. Who knows when that will be. I know too, what you mean about celeb mums! They make such a big deal when they emerge a month later with a flat belly and a pair of heels on. Most of them have wonder garments that suck every loose bit of flesh in and like you said, have staff to care for the baby, while they train with more staff and eat food cooked by more staff. Must be nice lol. I must say though that some people are just lucky and bounce back really quickly. I am like that a bit. I was down to my pre preg weight within a week the first time and 2 weeks this time. ALthough since I have reduced BFing I feel like I have put a few kgs back on. MEhhh So I am amping up the dancing next week and DH and I are going to do squash on Mon nights together. Good chance for some quality time together too.
    Well TMI warning, but DH and I DTD the deed tonight. FInally!! I am on the mini pill now. I can't bring myself to do Mirena. So I will see how I go on the Microlut. So far is okay, although it still feels like my period is just around the corner. Crampy on and off for weeks now and headachy. ALthough my shoulders and neck are killing me! So need a massage. Physio and Chiro. There just aren't enough hours in the life! LOL. We tried to DTD on Tuesday but ended up having a miscommunication in the middle and had a mini fight. Not good. I thought it would be bad. But for some reason I have had an insatiable sex drive for the last few days. DH is loving it. Especially since I had India it went the total other way. Was barely even there. But after this bub I have been so frisky!! It is so strange. Even my alcohol tolerance has gone way up again. Before I had India I could drink nail polish remover just about, and it would take me forever to feel tipsy. But after I had her, the smell of wine or anything with alcohol would send me over the edge, and make me feel quasy. Now I am back to the way I was before and no hangovers. Although I never really get them. I don't know if its all a good thing or a bad thing. Only time will tell I guess LOL.
    Well Seraya is giving me her hungry cry, so I will go and see if I can force feed her some more bottle and then hit the sack.
    Nice to be back on the thread seen again girls. We have grown a nice litte cyber sisterhood haven't we?
    BDTA and Baby goodness to you all. xx

Hi all,

Am a little ticked off tonight....had a bad run with Jake which is unusual, he had wind so our whole routine went up in smoke tonight, late tea, late to bed for the kids, Benji has developed conjunctivitis AGAIN which is dripping from his eye and has had a temp and vomited a couple of times, oh and DH is unwell and asleep on the couch since 7pm....hmm...wish I had that option! I have just got Jake off to bed finally, I still have the kitchen to clean up (where our down lights decided to not work tonight...grrr......) washing to hang to dry, washing to put away. I guess my plans of waxing my legs will be put off yet again, .

On the upside, Mum popped in today to help me with my visit from my Aunt (again, she really is an individual!) and she helped me to sew my first fitted nappy, :whoot:. I have had it cut out from a pattern I drafted myself so she helped me to work out how to sew it all up. It worked out really well so I'm very proud of myself, I'm really not a sewer at all!

Reenie, I usually wake Jake too working on the same concept, dont' wanna be woken if I don't have to but I thought I'd experiment last night and see how long he went. He slept from 8pm to 2am..... So.....to me this says he will get up for that 2-3am feed no matter what time he has his last feed. LOL but I also know how babies just LUUUUURVE to make you think you have them worked out then change it all on you, His last feed tonight was at 5:30pm so I will wake him for his 9:30pm feed as I think from 5:30pm is a little too long since his last feed yk?

Chloe's face turned up better than I expected this morning, not too bruised yet but then the bruising might darken in the next couple of days.....oh my princess' face!

On DTD, we have been for a couple of weeks now, not a lot, maybe once or twice a week, just too damn tired to! Although it is SO good to have that belly outta the way! I'm trying not to DTD too much, we are not so good on 'behaving' and using condoms, it just never feels as good!! So until I get my mirena in July (!!!!) I think the less tempation the better. I can't deal with #4 just yet, lol. Anyway I have a wedding I am in in January so I dont wanna be pregnant for that. OMG listen to me....I sound like I'm planning #4.....

Anyway, best get on with all the jobs awaiting me, I only have 45mins before Jake is due for a feed, then hopefully I'll get a nice long sleep . Night ladies!

xxx

welcome Catherine.

It wasn't my tops at the postoffice, but it was a gorgeous gift for E, a letter E with peter rabbit standing beside it from a GF. I have been up since just before 6, someone won't settle long. Poor darling I can hear his belly gurgling away. I did manage to express about 70ml. He only fed from one boob for a change so it was full. I prolly could have got more but E was upset and it was hard to comfort/hold and express at the same time.

Bec-glad your DD eye is ok. I am learning that it doesn't matter if I am sick/tired things still have to be done. DH is pretty good but he works long hours so I appreciate anything he does. Sometimes I still want a break though IYKWIM but hard with me BF, will see how expressing goes but I am too lazy to do reg but would be nice to have a few bottles in freezer if I am sick etc. well done on the nappy. Poor jake, hope he is better soon

Reenie, glad mini pill is working out. I am on implanon. Had 2 before I became PG. so far so good

Andie I am a carboholic too. Maybe I should try to cut back but am soooooo humgry I find myself having toast, bickies etc. Tuxedo????? WTF.

Anyway should feed or something. I do use infacol b4 a feed & gripe watter sometimes but he hates it - face would b funny if not screaming

hi girls,

welcome to catherine
    shoegal are you out there ? how are things going with Baxter ?

well things aren't going too badly with us, the last 2 days James has had sleep stretches over 3 or 4 hours and even went 5 hours between feeds yesterday, thats big for us ! unfortunately he is sticking to 2 hourly feeds at night ! today he has been a bit unsettled but still much improved.

im glad to hear all the bubs have been coping well with their immunisations

Bec: sounds like you had a rough few days and poor Chloe hurting her face, it is a worry when they get marks on their faces, how is the conjunctivitus going ?
    you are brave already talking about number 4, i think we are done with our two ! although i may feel differently when i get a bit more sleep lol

emily went up to the next class at swimming yesterday and did really well, we were very proud lol

Luey: i got a fresh mums top off ebay today so will see for myself how they go but do let me know what you think too

i was horrified to discover the donnalix contains alcohol, i wouldnt have gotten it if i had known that but as i didnt notice until after i had given it to James and it seemed to help we will continue to use it lol maybe i need a glass of wine every night to help him sleep well hehe

Melinda

Hi guys,

Cam was fed over an hour ago and is now (almost) asleep in his cot ... and I should be expressing and then going to bed - but here I am! DH is already in bed, so I consider this 'me' time.

Bec - poor Chloe, hope she is doing ok and her face is healing. Poor little mite, I bet it was upsetting for her and you. Sorry to hear Jake has been unsettled and that you're having to do things on your own with a sick DH. Good for you re: your CN efforts . Have to admit that I'm happy to keep using DN although it sure ain't the cheapest option!

Luey - sorry to hear E hasn't been settling either (looks like there's a few with unsettled bubs at the moment). Hopefully he gives you a good rest tonight!

Melinda - Fantastic that James is settling better and fingers crossed that he starts sleeping longer at night. Going five hours between feeds is a good start though! Three cheers for Emily (and her proud mum!) .

Reenie - Yay for you and DH DTD ... and for being frisky! In our house, DTD post-bub is giving new meaning to the word 'quickie'. Sorry if TMI, but DH and I decided to take advantage of a seemingly sleeping bub to DTD this arvo, only to be rudely interrupted at least six times when our DS chose to start howling. Kinda ruins the romance a tad when one of you has to keep getting up to go shove the dummy back in!! :P Sigh ... parenthood!

Cam gets his shots this Friday ... have my fingers crossed he'll cope ok but I suspect I'll suffer more than him (at least prior to the vaccinations!).

Must get myself organised to go to bed ... have a good week everyone!
    Andie xx

Hello Ladies, a quick question... how long are we recommended to breast feed for? is it 6 months or more?... am worried my boobs are not producing enough milk to keep up with Bubs demand for more... should I have formula on stand by? I

Good morning all and hi Kanda,

Kanda, I've got a feeling that WHO (or similar org?) recommends BFing for two years. However, I reckon it's purely a personal choice as to how long you BF for.

My milk supply dropped a bit (on and off) early on - it was easy to tell with me because I was expressing for the first two weeks and giving Cam EBM via bottle. I found drinking more water, trying to rest up a bit and eating lots of protein-rich foods (eggs, avocado, tuna etc) helped. I also took Fenugreek tablets which seemed to help too. I bought a tin of Formula as a standby, and I ended up giving Cam the odd bottle of formula on those days my supply was down (and when my supply was 'up', it gave my boobs a break). Those early days of BFing has (so far) been the only stressful part of having a baby!!

I understand your bub 'regulates' your supply, so that's why "they" recommend feeding on demand. If your milk supply is down, your bub will want to feed more regularly which effectively builds up your supply.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Andie

Hi Kanda, I think 6 months is the recommended minimum. I just switched to formula after 6 weeks myself so I'm not the best one for advice on this From what I understand if bubs demands more, give it and your boobs will get the hint to produce more. Did you have a look over in the BF forums? I'm sure someone will have had the same question before Good luck with it.

Luey, I was hopeless on expressing, partly a reason for switching for us. I just never get the time to do it and when I do have time (at the end of the day when kids are sleeping) my boobs were also kinda on empty! You are so right about having to soldier on I found that such a hard adjustment to make. No matter how you are feeling or what is happening in your world, you are Mum first and foremost, EVERY time!

Mel, yay for Emily!! It great to be proud, I was so proud when at Ben's first day of pre-kinder he sat down on his own and wrote, Mum Dad Ben....WHOOT!!! Moments like these are so precious Chloe's face is ok, has come out in yellow bruising today but we are down to just a butterfly clip now so it should heal fast. Conjuctivitis seems to ok, I think it may have just been the beginning. I wiped his eye with warm salty water and it seems to help. No Drs here on weekends and hardly worth a trip to the ER!!

Andie, LOL at the quickie!! We are so used to it now!! it's a rare treat to spend more than 10 minutes in 'the sack'!! Foreplay? Whats that?? Oh I know that's where you send naughty texts all day and then end up falling asleep on the couch right??

Best go, DH's bday today and got a cake in the oven. Oooh I got inspired by your blog robbo and started my own. Bec's blog

xxx

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast