Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th - 31st 2008

Hi girls,

Feels like it's been a busy few days here, although really not much out of the ordinary has happened! Will start off with a 'yay' moment ... Cam slept from 10.30pm till 8am this morning . Just hope my supply doesn't drop a bit because of the long time between feeds ... just have to see how we go, I guess.

Thanks for your tips re: cutting Cam's nails. I took the plunge yesterday while he was sleeping and got the baby clippers out. He didn't bat an eyelid. Don't know why it caused me any concern really, I think it was the thought of doing it the first time!

Cam survived his vaccinations very well - didn't have any side effects whatsoever afterwards. And Jo, I can soooo relate. Cam had exactly the same reaction, although he cheered up virtually straight away luckily.

Reenie - sorry to hear things not so good with DH. Hope things work out ok. Yay for the upcoming move (the house sounds lovely!) and hope India's eye probs clears up soon. Like you, we've steered clear of winter colds so far, but guess that's got something to do with Brissie's temperate weather.

Becstar - Glad to hear Jake is on the up-and-up. Your comments about reflux are interesting. I'm beginning to wonder if Cam is suffering from it as he has been spewing up more than usual lately ... and earlier today did a projectile type spew, and got a bit upset afterwards. Don't know if two things connected though as normally spewing doesn't make him cry. Funny thing though, I was burping him tonight after his feed and he spewed onto the towel over my shoulder. Before I could do anything, he put his face in it and ended up with a heap of white spew all over the right side of his face . It was quite a funny sight but the poor little bugger didn't seem to mind. Guess it was warm . Anyway, I'll keep an eye on him and see what happens. Like I said, it's not worrying him and he usually just has 2-3 spews (not always big ones) and he's ok. Have fun with your outlaws!

Jo - sounds like you've been flat out. Hope Riley is starting to feel better - how's his bite and cold? Sux about your DH working such horrid hours - you must crave weekends, or whenever he gets a couple of days off. To me it sounds like you're doing really well keeping on top of everything.

Melinda - How's James going? Still not liking the car seat huh? Have you found the motilium to be helpful since your last post? Hope so, although if James is sleeping a bit longer that's a good sign. And yes, I shared your Grrrr feelings IYKWIM.

Luey - How's Ethan doing ... has he had his vaccinations? It's not nice to see your baby scream in pain but it's only for a few seconds and they quieten down once you lavish them with love and cuddles. Well, mine did anyway. And yep, I agree the little bit of pain is worth it to have these diseases erradicated. How is his reflux?

Catherinemoses - how's things with you? Re your comments on mothers group ... seems like in Brissie we're left high and dry after we leave hospital as I haven't had any contact from anyone (hospital related). My sister had her first bub late December in Tassie, and it seems in Tas you get one or two visits from a midwife within a week or two of going home, and somewhere along the line new mums get a letter informing them of their nearest mother's group/clinic. Bec ... you probably know more about this. Anyway, Bris leaves a lot to be desired in after-hospital care. I pity any new mums suffering postnatal depression, cos the only follow up care after the birth is the 6-week ob/dr check up. Dunno what the "go" is in other states/cities ... maybe Tassie isn't the norm?

Hayley ... many happy returns for the day! Hope you had a good one and got spoilt!

Out of interest ... anyone else watching a british fly-on-the-wall series called Ladette to Lady. It's a corker - totally contrived, but hilarious. A bunch of p!ss heads if ever there was. And this is totally baby related - it's on during Cam's "late night" feed. In fact I think he deliberately seeks a feed at that time just so he can watch it too. Hmmm - just the sort of girl I'll be warning him off in about 16/17 years' time, methinks!

Enough from me, I've written an epic!
    Take it easy everyone, Andie

Hi Everyone. We've been very busy here, but have finally got a couple of minutes to myself. DH and I went into the city on Tuesday and got me a bench for my workshop so I can work from home (getting in before the end of financial year so I can claim it all on this tax return!) On the way home my car broke tho. Very annoying but I Flynn and I coped surprising well!! DH had to go and get our other car so he could tow us home. No room for a car seat in his ute so only option really. I had to drive the tow car and had no lights or wipers etc... glad to get home in one piece. Anyway it's all fixed now thankfully. DH has got some steady casual work which is great and yesterday paperwork came from the industrial relations commission about unfair dismissal. I think he is going to be having a meeting next month sometime with the AIRC in relation to it. Just have to wait and see I guess.
    Bec Thanks for being concerned about where others are at I really appreciate that.
    Andie I'm In Victoria and the day after I come home from hosp a midwife visited. The another day or 2 after that the MCHN visited and made an appointment for us to visit her the next week after that (I think I saw them 3 times after I came out of hosp and before 6 week check, every time she would say and how are you going mum? We very helpful for me to say it is hard and she had a few tips for thing I could try etc. I'm very grateful that she was there, and I can call anytime for a bit of advice, not that I have but it's great to know that they are there ) . At round 5 or 6 weeks I got a letter from the MCHN saying a new mother's group would be run by them (at the health centre) for 6 weeks and we'd talk about settling, safety, starting solids, baby massage, CPR and stuff like that. We had our last one this week and are going to meet at one of the mum's home next week. I have really enjoyed meeting other local mums and it is good to have some adult interaction! Something to look forward to each week. I think that this should be a service offered to every new mum. I read in the paper the other day that one of the hospitals down here wants a 48hr turnaround for normal vaginal births. I was in hosp for a whole week with Flynn cos he had an infection and was on IV antibiotics. I'm so glad I was in there for that time. I was a wreck by day 3 and if I was at home I don't know what I would've done. I reckon new mums should have to stay in until their milk comes in at least.
    Anyway, GTG Flynn is stirring and I still have to hang some washing out

Hi mums,

Hope everyone and their bubbas are well - it's raining cats n dogs in Brissie and it's a beautiful sight. We need the rain so badly.

Question for those of you whose bubs are sleeping 7 or so hours at night. Has their longer sleeping habits affected your milk supply? Cam is sleeping between 7 and 9 hours at night (which is great ) ... but I'm beginning to wonder what's going to happen to my supply. I'll probably put a post into the relevant area on BB, but just wondered if it was an issue any of you had encountered. Obviously breastmilk is a supply and demand thing. I ran out of formula a week ago, so I've just been exclusively BFing (approx 6 times per day). I haven't had a drop off in supply yet ... and maybe I won't ... but I don't want it to happen either and wonder if I should take measures to avoid it. Would welcome any thoughts or shared experiences.

Have a good Saturday one and all. We've got friends coming over for dinner tonight, so my day's going to be spent doing housework and cooking (in between booby feeds and "Cam cuddles"). DH would help, but he's having to work most of today.

Catch you later, Andie

Andie - Ari goes from 8 to 11 hours without a feed and when he wakes he is not overly distressed or hungry. He feeds well during the day.

My boobs are fine overnight (no engorgement etc) but if he doesn't feed off both when he wakes the other can get a bit hard and uncomfortable, but he soon fixes that .

I took Ari to the clinic to be weighed and asked about sleeping through and weight gains/supply etc. The nurse basically said he is taking what he needs . Since he started sleeping through (last 2 weeks) Ari has put on 550gms! So obviously she is right about him.

I demand feed so feel that if he wanted more he would "ask" for it yk? He actually wont feed at night..

Ren.
    ... hope everything is OK

Bec - hope you are surviving the weekend OK

Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a bit of a non event but oh well . I am getting an Isoki hobo nappy bag in retro paisley from a local baby shop (combined pressie from my sisters and DH and kids) but its not in stock for 2 weeks. Otherwise I got some tea towels from my Nan and a photo frame from my mum.

Ari has a cold again and all of us got dreaded tummy bug (except Ari and Nate) so I lost a few kgs .

I hope everyone else is well or on the way back to good health the 2 "big" kids have gone to the ILs for the night so just the babies home tonight. Might go out to the pub for dinner its a bit cold though.

bump

Ah! Thanks for the bump- made it easier to find Bec PMed me the other day and I've had my eye out for this thread.

Sorry for not checking in on you girls- I find these threads too much to follow these days. Hope you're all well!

We're very well. Espen is a gorgeous little boy- and very social. He can't sleep if we're out and loves to see new people Our MG is going great and we start going to the ABA one this week too. He loves the hug a bub and has most of his day sleeps in that. Sleeps in his cot next to our bed for about 3-4hrs at a time at night... then comes in with us in the early morning. BFing was rocky- I had low supply and Espen kept losing weight but all fixed now.

Take care and enjoy your bubbies! They really do grow so fast don't they!

hi girls,

how are you all ? everyone has been very quiet lately !

we are going fairly well, i have James booked into tresillian next week for the day to see what suggestions they can make, we have good days where he settles and sleeps really well and other days where he doesn't, those days usually lead to a bad night too, so we are going there on the 13th june, he is much better and doens't sleep in our bed anymore though. he is still dreadful in the car, screamed the entire 25 mins home from a friends place the other day, it makes going out such a drama.

DD and DH are both sick again, im hoping we don't get it also.

Hayley: wow Ari is really stacking on the weight especially with those big sleeps, definitely super booby juice lol how much does he weigh now

Bec: how did you going with the in laws ?

Andie: has your milk supply stayed the same still with Cam sleeping for long periods ?

Catherine: we have a high caesarean rate at the hospital i had my bubs. so the length of stay is probably longer but i had James at 4pm and came home the next morning (would have come home after 4 hours but because i was gdm i stayed for james to have a few blood sugar checks done) then the midwife came 2 or 3 times when i got home and then the early childhood nurse about a week later and that was it, i know the midwives would have come for longer had a needed it

Reenie: sorry to hear you have been having more trouble on the home front, hope you and DH are sorting things out, the new house sounds great, bet you cant wait !

hi to Ren, Luey, Shoegal and Jo (sorry if i missed anyone i have DD on my lap trying to help as i type lol)

Melinda

Hi girls

Certainly has been quiet in here huh? Nice bump there Robbo

Hi Ren!! So good to hear from you! glad you guys are doing well, and I'm very proud of you continuing to BF after a rocky start. You are a champ! Don't worry about not keeping up, as you have seen now we are pretty slow ourselves, which is why we got our own thread, we just couldn't keep up!

Sorry I'm going to make this a quick post, will post personals tomorrow. I've been making a real effort to not be online as much and putting my energy into getting our routines at home established better. I did survive the visit from the IL"s, it was really quite nice now I'm minus all the stress and pg hormones!! On a downside AF returned for me this morning, at 11weeks PP exactly...

BBL

xxx

Hi gals,

OK, I must be the thickest online user EVER but can someone pleeeze tell me what 'bump' means. I'm sure once I find out I'll be .

Bec, I'm a bit like you. I've been trying to ration my moments online as I've found that my computer has become one of my dearest friend since having Cam. Glad to hear you survived the ILs. Boo hoo about AF!

Melinda - Milk supply is surviving Cam's long sleeping hours (although he woke up at 4.30am yesterday and 5.30am today after his last feed at 10pm ... still ok in my book). A bugger about DD and DH being sick - hope they get better soon, for your sake! Here's that tresillian helps with settling James. I've still no idea about what could help him settle in the car ... good luck with that one.

Ren - lovely to hear you and Espen are going well. You're right - they DO grow fast.

Hayley - how's Ari's cold? Had Cam weighed yesterday and he continues to put on 300-odd grams each week, so it seems he's happy going without booby for 8-9 hours overnight. He's now 5.7kg - WHERE IS MY 2.9kg BABY ?????

G'day to Reenie (hope things OK at home), Luey, Jo and Catherinemoses and anyone else I've missed.

DH, Cam and I are heading to the Gold Coast for the long weekend - DH secured the keys to a colleague's holiday unit . It's our wedding anniversary on the 10th, so we try and do something each June long weekend. Can't wait!!!

I'd better go do some housework/ironing etc (Aarghhh ... I want a cleaner!!!)

Have a good one,
    Andie

I"m baaaaaaack!

Ok well where was I? Oh yup, personals.....

Mel, great to see you are all booked in to Tresillian, at least they can help a little I hope! I'm glad James has been a little better, I can only imagine how frustrating it is! And the car rides....oh man.....that would suck! Drives me nuts when Jake occasionally cries of about 10 mins before nodding off in the car....a 25min trip sounds like torture!

Robbo, sorry your b'day a non event....they get like that huh? Nappy bag sounds very funky I am all done with your beautiful nappies if you let me know what you want me to do with them? Someone else who needs them, another bub on the way (), or maybe you could sell them? I loved them, they were fantastic for the NB stage, so thanks again . Been trying to sew here, done a couple but the Wee Weka was the only one which was a good sizing so I'm doing up a 'good' one of those!

Catherine, hopw hubby's dismissal thing goes well, bl**dy people at the top end I tell you! Some of them think they can just get away with anything.....we have lots of issues with DH's boss but it's a small father son business, so it makes it hard when you have to be in contact every day like that. All the best for it!

Andie, I have no clue about the MG you all talk of!! lol I've never heard of it! We have local playgroups here but that's about it. When I came home from the hossie we have MW that come out a couple of times and then put you onto the local MCHN who take it from there.

Luey, Reenie and Jo hope all is well, how was Sea world Reenie? Ooops gotta go, Jake is doing the nut! Oh I heard from Nina too, did you all get her email? Catherine we all email sometimes too (pics etc.) so if you wanna PM your email we can add you too

xxx

Oh, just a little insane and crazy question.....who is already planning the next bub?
    Last edited by *becstar*; June 4th, 2008 at 03:24 PM.

ETA Andie, a bump is just a quick 'bump' post so the thread comes up again in new posts or in your subscriptions list.

Quote Originally Posted by *becstar* View Post
    Oh, just a little insane and crazy question.....who is already planning the next bub?
    Me for sure. I'm so pumped about the pregnancy and labour still and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I have a Uni prac to do mid next year though so we'll wait till after then. Well- that's when I think is a good time- my poor H can't believe I'm talking about it already

I know....I feel crazy for thinking it though as I have 3 now!!! I just don't feel 'done', but I also need to get into working soonish too.....well in the next couple of years! So hard! DH is freaking out that I want another he says no way but I'll work on him He knows all the good BD that will come his way with TTC

I was wondering what a bump was too glad Andie asked to stop me looking like a goose...oh wait lol!
    Thanks Bec, I PM'd my email. Bummer about AF. I think I had a two day reprieve...my lochia finished and 2 days later AF started and that was about 8 weeks so annoying. I wasn't sure if it was AF tho given that I was and still am exclusively BF so I went and saw the GP and she sent me for an ulstrasound just to be on the safe side and they found I have poly-cystic ovaries. So today I had a blood test to make sure I don't have PCOS, which I'm pretty sure I don't have (according to my self diagnosis!!) and really don't want!!! About 2 weeks ago I was very much wanting to be pg again but I'm back to my senses now and am happy to wait a bit and make the most of Flynn!!!
    I have finally gotten Flynn out of the bassinet in our room and into the cot in his room. It is going pretty well except it is VERY cold getting OUT of bed for the night feed Oh well at least it is only once and I am getting about 5 hrs before and 4 hrs after! Can't complain about that.
    I went shopping today and while I was in BigW looking for breast pads (which I couldn't get) I had a look at the racks of reduced clothes. They had these cute little (baby)fleecy hood (with ears) jackets...for $2!!! They didn't have any 00 so I got a 0 which is ridiculously large but I couldn't not buy it...it was $2, can't resist a bargain
    Anyway I think that's all I have to share
    Hope you are all well
    Catherine

Hi all,

So that's what a bump is huh? Yup, told ya ... !

Am currently trying to get my son to sleep - given that he had nearly four hours from 1pm onwards, I shouldn't be surprised that's he's not settling easily tonight. Luckily it's just grizzling more than actual crying. But I can tell he's slowly on the way out. Pretty rare for us as normally he conks out as soon as he's put to bed. Oh well, he wouldn't be a baby if he didn't grizzle now and again at bedtime.

Wanna know something funny .... I'm beginning to think Cam is saying 'mum'. Of course, it comes out more like 'uuuummmmm' but it COULD be mum, right?
    Yeah, yeah ... I know, I'm just hearing things! AS IF he's saying mum ... he's not even three months old. Still, sure sounds like 'muuuum' when he's grizzling

Speaking of the little devil, I can hear him grizzling for 'muuuummmmm' right now. So much for being 'on the way out". Sigh!

Have a good night all,
    Andie

LOL Andie I could be Mum.....whatever keeps you happy

Catherine, what a bargain! Glad it;s going well with Flynn in his room.

I just have to share ladies (and please don't hit me, ) that OMG, OMG, OMG, Jake just slept through! The whole night! I fed him at 8pm and he just woke up at 7am!!! I"ll bet it doesn't happen again though......

xxx

hi girls,

Bec: yay for Jake sleeping so long, i have a feeling i wont be bragging about James sleeping through for a very long time ! but he has learnt to giggle to that is very cute ! as far as thinking about number 4.....i think you know when you are done and it dsoesnt sound like you are ! just have to talk DH around

Andie: what a clever boy Cam is learning to say muuummm already hehe enjoy your weekend away !

Catherine: i hope you dont have PCOS, i have it and it isn't great fun ! when will you get blood test results ?

James is unsettled tonight (nothing knew there ! although he was good for a few nights there sleeping 7 hours straight from around 7pm but he has given that up again ! doh !) hopefully we have an ok night. Emily is getting better, no fever now, had some vomiting and general lethargy, so far we have avoided it !

we are supposed to be putting floorboards down in the living area this weekend (the carpet is trashed from spills etc) but dont think it will be happening now as DH has been sick, i would prefer carpet because it feels cosier to me but floorboards (fake ones) will be more hygenic for now !

Melinda

Andie- I hear Espen's cries as "muuummm" too! I told my H and pointed it out to him a couple of times and funnily enough he can't hear it!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast