Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

Kodi has reflux & a viral infection which is making the reflux worse.
    No drugs as we are hoping it will settle down once the virus goes away, if not better by next week we go back.

Hollo-Kodi had the same kinda acne, it was almost like a rash. I put a bit of nappy rash cream on it & it cleared up to just a few little spots.

Will bbl later for more personals.

Moogoo MSM cream is the one you need google them and you can look at their stockists or order online hun. Miss C's has cleared up now for the first time in 2 weeks Yay Moogoo

She is unsettled more during the day atm seeming to do 3-4 hour batches of sleep at night xxx

Linda how are you & Miss C doing with her transition on to formula?

Hollo hope Chelsea is sleeping a bit better for you.

JB wtg on Immy's sleeping.

Hi Helen & Kell hope you both got a good nights sleep

Hi

we seem to be going through a screaming phase too of an evening, especially last night.. he finally went to sleep at 3am for 4 hrs. today has been much the same, but he is quite flemmy & snuffly which i wonder if thats he reason.

has anyone tried the Sounds for Silence Baby Settling Program ??

auzzie, i have the CD but not the booklet that comes with it, so i use it but dont really know if i am using it properly.

trinity- poor little kodi, reflux is terrrible and then to get sick on top of that!

nope, chelsea is not sleeping very well at all! i have just spend the last 2 1/2 hours trying to settle her! poor hannah, has been watching hi-5 for that whole time, she is getting so neglected atm!! do any of you let your bubs 'cry it out?' i didnt with hannah, but having two i just cant be in there for that long trying to get her to sleep!

hollo- do you find the cd helps the write up & news coverage is meant to be great.
    hubby wanted to let bubs cry it out but i wasn't sure i think cos i was so tired i didn't think i could handle hearing him scream.

I let Immy whinge (grunt, grumble, groan -- if she isn't hungry, wet/dirty, uncomfortable etc) but if she starts to cry I will go back and calm her down. I started this after stepping out of the shower, dripping, to hear her grunting about in her bassinette (I had left her there asleep) but I couldn't do much so continued to dry and get dressed. When I finally was able to attend to her, she had fallen back asleep. So based on that experience, I tend to see if she will re-settle herself but if she gets distressed I will go to her and rock/sing/talk etc until she is calm again. If she grunts etc and isn't showing tired signs, then I tend to get her up and in the sling or rocker if I need to do housework etc or just play with her on the floor or something if I am free to enjoy my bubba!

I have let Immy cry, sometimes there isn't much you can do -- if I am driving the car and she starts up in the backseat for example and she has drifted back to sleep in those cases so I guess it could work? Obviously, I don't have two so I can only imagine how difficult it must be! I was daydreaming the other day about having another (even picked out a little boys name) but it quickly turned into a nightmare!! I definitely admire people who have more than one (I eventually do want to try for another) because I feel so drained! If there is anything I can do to help, let me know because I'm just around the corner (well, in the same city at least!).

We had a pretty bad night last night (we were due for one haha). I was feeling a bit upset in the tummy and just wanted to lay in bed but Immy was up every 2-3hrs wanting to feed and spending the majority of the time in between fussing and crying (maybe whatever was making me feel off, was also affecting her?)! DP goes to work 2pm-10pm tonight after a 3 day weekend and I am not looking forward to handling the arsenic hour alone but I'm going to try a bath and just let her live on my boob if that is what will help keep her calm. I think Immy deff uses me as a dummy because she can spend an hour just suckling in her sleep.. I've tried to introduce an actual dummy but she never seems to be able to keep it in her mouth? Any suggestions on how to get it to work!! From what I understand it is a different technique to the boobies but how do I get her to understand that haha. I don't mind it during the night because I can sleep whilst we are laying there but during the day, I have lots of things to get done (especially today, which I'll get to in a second but right now she is on a pillow, on my lap... suckling away but sleeping). Sometimes I can pull her off and get her into the bassinette without her noticing but other times she wakes up and I just wish I could get the dummy to work for us!!

AND the reason I am in a bit of a frenzy today is... dun dun dun... the MIL is due to arrive tomorrow! Well, not technically my MIL but DP's mum... you know what I mean. The CRAZY and BIG thing is that I have never actually met her. She (and DP's father and two brothers) all live in Perth and we have never really had the oppurtunity to cross paths! I am VERY nervous and secretly glad that I have the baby buffer!! It gives us a common ground for conversation and I *hope* a bit of a protective barrier. The other thing is... she will be arriving while DP is at work!! She isn't staying with us (tiny place so no room) but is staying with... MY PARENTS! That means in my old room, my old bed... actually kind of funny but yeah. So my mum, who is picking her up from the airport on the way home from work, will be meeting her first! I will be heading over to my parents to meet her and then DP will come over after work. Going to be an interesting day!!

I have spent the day making sure the place is spotless and perfect. I'm so scared of her feeling like I am not good enough for her son... slightly paranoid but I think we all kind of worry about things like that... especially when I hear all the MIL horror stories haha. I'm also a bit concerned about how she will react/respond/comment on our parenting choices. I know that it doesn't matter what she *thinks* but it will still feel awkward! I am just super weird in social situations! I know I am doing what is right for my family but don't we all kind of hope others will think so too?

Anyway, I've just written an entire essay! I guess I am just really, really nervous. Wish me luck, ladies!! I really hope everyone is doing okay and I want you all to know how much I love having this place to just spew out everything in my mind, I really appreciate it and enjoy sharing the baby journey with you! Thanks for listening and not thinking I'm completely insane.. or at least not saying out loud that you think I'm insane haha.

Take care xo

JB - Sure you will be fine hun
    Hollo - I do let Charlotte cry for a few mins during the day esp if she has had a feed nappy change etc etc and if I put her in the sling it is normally over in 2-3 mins
    Trinity - Thanks for asking we are going well she is prefering the formula feeds now

Charlotte seems to have her screamy times at 3pm-8pm or whenever she feels like it at night but anywhere from 3pm She is not setteling well for Daddy all the time so needing to be strong and let her cry with him for a bit so she learns how too We got 2 lots of 4 hours with the sleep today

Today is the big day! We got 6hrs last night so I'm guessing whatever upset my tummy was affecting Immy as well the other night.

Good to hear about the double 4hrs, linda!!

Hope others are getting enough rest. I'm about to go back to sleep for another few hours, fingers crossed!

Hey guys
    Ive been a little MIA the last few days.....not really sure what Ive been doing, but the days just seem to slip away! Everything is going well here, Josh has been quite settled in his own routine again and is starting to stay awake to play longer between each feed which is great! Im sure he is nearly smiling too (he has smiled afew times before, but its always been at the same time as a big poo so i figure that doesnt count lol) He is starting to coo and babble rather than always crying too, so cute

Jitterbug Good luck with the MIL visit Im thinking of ya today!!

Linda Nice work with the 4 hour sleeps I hope it continues for you. Thanks for name of that cream, they actually have a stckist here in town so I will check it out there

Hollo During the day, if I know Josh is freshly changed and fed, I will let him go for afew minutes then try to settle him (often I cant help it cos Im in the bathroom or stuff like that anyway)

Hi to everyone else and I hope everything is going well

hi all!
    Trinity - so sorry to hear Kodi is sick, hope she gets better soon!

sorry to hear everyone's still having issues with screamy times!

last night was pretty good - slept from 9:45 till 12:45 and then from 3 till 7! much better than the night before when Susie spent pretty much from 12am till 7am awake with only 2 and a half hours sleep - and I couldnt get to sleep during her 2 hour sleep so I only got 1.5 hours! I think she must have been having a bit of a growth spurt cause she didnt settle back down to her 3-4 hourly feeds till late afternoon! I feel more tired today than yesterday though how silly is that! Susie must be too cause shes been sleeping deeply this morning lol!

one of my good friends from church came over and vacuumed our main living areas for us last night..that was just so lovely of her! made me feel much happier to see the clean floors this morning!

I can't believe our lil girl is a month old now!! I just noticed this morning her 0000 suits are only JUST fitting so its time to start wearing 000 suits!

All the best with ur MIL visit Jitterbug!!!

Hope your day went well with your MIL Jitterbug! been thinking about you during the day

Trinty hope Kodi feels better soon

Yah MrsC for Susie being one month, i put all Ellas 0000 away, and now she is nearly out of the 000, we are heading into 00 territory yikes!
    What size is everybody elses bubbas in?

I managed to get Ella down to sleep at nine tonight, she has been refusing to go to bed till more like 11pm the last two nights, i wonder what time she will get up she has been sleeping till fivish

I cant let Ella cry for very long, i have to go to her. Im hopeless!
    The child health nurse told me off cause i let Ella sleep on her tummy, she made me feel awful, i told her i cant settle her on her back, she hates it. Anyway i dont think ill go back there, she was really mean. I think ill get her weighed some where else. She told me to put her in a room shut the door and let her cry it out. No way im doing that.

Hope everybody has a good night!

I was horrified when i read the pamphlet from the mchn system on crying that it directed letting bub CIO, and said if bub is still crying after 15 minutes shut them in a room! oh my goodness! I just couldnt come at that! I mean sure, sometimes if shes just starting to cry in her cradle I leave her for a few minutes to see if she'll go back to sleep, but if she starts getting distressed I grab her straight away!

we had a pro photo shoot this afternoon...and the cheeky girl wanted to feed for like 3/4 of an hour in the middle of it! so we have to have a follow up shoot next week to get some more photos! it was at home which was a blessing, was our doula's work partner (who is also a doula) who just happens to do photography on the side

Kell - Don't worry hun I am not going back to the MHCN I am going to the GP and he is doing it all for me now. Also I can not let Charlotte go for more than a few mins crying

JB - How did meeting the MIL go?

Helen - You are welcome hun hope it works as well as it has for us

Mrs C - how nice to have clean floors

Well Charlotte must know Mummy is lauching a new website this week as yesterday all she wanted was Mum. I had to go to bed at 11 with her crying for Daddy and being over tired If I didn't I would be so sick today with Iron. Then I woke in a panic at 4 because she had not cried for a feed...and guess what my baby girl went till 5am I woke her for her bottle thinking 6 hours was enough and she is still asleep now

We are off for me to buy material and beads today for the store quite excited and to take Charlotte for a visit to the IVF clinic so they can see the little girl they spent 2,5 years helping us make

Kellbell- our bub was big on arriving so he was in 000's at the hospital and is now in 00's and is just starting to fill them out so will have to slowly stock up on 0's which is scary. he's 5kg now and 58cm long and growing steadily which is good, but i have no 0's in stock so really should get my act together.

I'm like you though can't leave him cry long, although we have found he is settling much better the last few days (touch wood) he seems to have monday-itis every monday he seems to scream all night or most of it. its very odd.

MrsC- can't believe they had a pamphlet like that saying to cry it out, our last visit to mchn was the opposite she gave us a pamphlet (more like a book) on settling and said controlled comforting/crying is the last option to use when they get to 6months and up.

i've started to let bubs grizzle a bit and see if he settles himself which he has done a couple of times but otherwise if he starts to cry i go in and settle him. but generally he is quite good (apart from mondays) i must work out what i do different sunday/monday day time that sets him off.

it turns out Chelsea had eczema on her face (not baby acne- though that is how it started off just got worse)! got a steroid cream and i also went to chermside (they sell it at 'go vita') and bought the moogoo eczema and psoriasis balm, so hopefully it will clear up soon. poor chicken! i wonder if that is why she has been sleeping so shockingly!

'the sounds for silence' Cd has been working ok. the times when she has had a good couple-few hours sleep the cd has been playing. its good for settling, too but i dont know whether i would have paid the full price for it. i think its something that could end up a waste of money cause apparantly you have to use the cd for a few months for it to work really well and it would be easy to not worry about puttin it on. i cant remember who was asking about it, but i can burn you a copy of it and send it to you if you want. i dont have the booklet that goes with it though cause i bought it second hand, (which is a shame cause i would lvoe to have a read).

linda- thats great, sounds like Charlotte is gonna be a great sleeper! lucky you. i bet you are excited to take her to the ivf clinic, they do such magical work!

mrs-C- we had to stop and feed during our shoot too, except we missed out on a few different shots that she was planning to do. dont know whether she forgot she was gonna do em or just ran out of time.

jitterbug- i love BB too, there is something easy about sharing yourself with the people on here. how did your visit with MIL go?

we aer in 000 here, have been for a while. chelsea is approaching 5kg.
    Last edited by 2CheekyMonkeys; May 7th, 2009 at 09:06 AM.

Okay. So much to say and so little time!!

Meeting her went fine and she has been around most of the morning. Her and DP have now gone to the shops so I have a little bit of time to type this all up! She is really nice and it hasn't been too awkward at all. I was pretty nervous but she was very impressed with Immy (and me hehe).

This morning we had our 6 week check-up with the pediatrician and everything was perfect! Immy is now 4.6kg (1.7kg gain since birth), 56.5cm long (5.5cm gain since birth) and 38.5cm around the noggin (3.5cm since birth) so they are very happy with all of that. Her sight, hearing, reflexs etc are all perfect and she even gave the doc a big cheeky smile!! Very proud of my little one today.

linda -- how exciting to go visit the IVF clinic, I'm sure they will so impressed with your gorgeous girl!!

ahh baby crying will finish this later xo

Thats great Jitterbug, sounds like it all went really well. Your MIL sounds lovely
    Also on Immy six week check up sounds like she is doing great

Linda how did your visit to the IVF clinic go, bet they loved her

Hollo, how is the cream going did it clear up the eczema

I have no idea how shutting a small baby in a room crying would do good for mother or baby, i just dont get it. I cant believe the health nurses give stuff like that out. It just sounds cruel to me.

Ella is going for her vaccinations on monday, im so nervous, i dont think i can watch so am taking mum to help me.

Im excited about my first mothers day, what is everyone up to for sunday??

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast