Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

kell, ask if you can breastfeed as they give her the needle, it might help. :-)

yep, chelseas eczema has pretty much cleared up, she seems more settled too, it must have been itching her like crazy!

we have SMILES!! :-) they are just so gorgeous, it really lights up her whole face. love it!

Last edited by 2CheekyMonkeys; May 8th, 2009 at 11:34 AM.

Well we went well at the IVF clinic and Charlotte is now almost going 4 hours between feeds for the last 48 hours.

Did have a screaming match with Daddy again last night and settled when I got up to give her the bottle. But then slept till 5am

Off to buy a breathing monitor so I can get more sleep at night so I am not listening for her breathing

Hiya ladies hoes everyone doing???

MrsC Josh's 4x0 clothes are slowly starting to get packed away already too...so sad to see things he didnt even wear getting put away lol. Ive found it difficult to know what size to put him in with his cloth bum tho! Alot of the time he has a 4x0 top on with 3x0 pants lol poor mis-matched kid

kellbell thats awful the nurse told you to let her cry it out!! There is no way I could do that either. Ive heard its not unusually for a baby to prefer sleeping on their tummy to their back too. Sounds like going somewhere else is a great idea...somewhere that will give you support not making you feel bad!! I give Josh a chance to re-settle hmself, but there is no way I could close the door and let him scream!

tiggerlinda Good luck with the launch of the website must be very exciting for you Im sure it will do great!!

Hollo Im glad the creams are helping with Chelseas skin, poor thing must have been itching like mad! Woohoo on the smiles...how awesome is that!! I think Josh is starting to smile...Im the only one thats seen it so far tho, hopefully he will smile for DH over the weekend so I will know Im not imagining it lol

Jitterbug So glad the meeting with your MIL went well! SOunds like you guys had a great 6 week check too! Nice weight gains

AFM....we had our 6 week check yesterday. Apparently Im still not healed fully , but the doctor said I was going well, maybe another week or so left. I had stopped bleeding for about a week and now its started up again with those good old period pains I really didnt miss! So Im off to get my script filled for the pill again....how sad to get back to that routine again!

As far as Josh goes, the Dr was really pleased with him he is 5.15kg (3.85 at birth) 55cm long (53 at birth) and 38cm head circ (3 at birth) Cant beleive he is over 5kg already....he just doesnt seem that big lol. His spit ups the Dr said is probably reflux which he should grow out of....I can either swap to a reflux formula or just keep going as we are cos its obviously not affecting his growth. And I gotta keep an eye on him favouring one side of his head. Other than that he passed with flying colours He had to have his needles tho...poor thing screamed the place down so heart breaking to hear! And he wasnt much better when we got home, he would only settle for afew minutes then back to screaming again. Dh eventually got him settled at about 11pm and he slept thru til 7am...not bad

Finally got my cushie tushie nappies in the mail when we got home from the doctor....such good timing sooooo gorgeous and fluffy hehehehe and I swear Josh smiled when I showed him the spotty one (either that or I have a great imagination lol)

Sounds like he is stirring for a feed....hope all is well with everyone else

Happy Mothers Day to you all for tomorrow....enjoy every minute of it

Thanks Hollo, i will ask i can breastfeed her. I will try not to worry or im sure she will pick up on it. It hard to think about inflicting pain on her, even though i know she needs them.

Helen im really conflicted now, i tried all night on thurs night to settle her on her back and she was up every couple of hours. So last night i slept on her on her tummy again and felt bad the whole night as i know its not the right thing to do. I wish she would start rolling herself, then she can pick.
    Josh sounds like he is doing great with his growth, all our babies are growing so fast. those nappies sound cute. Where did you buy them from?

Hope everybody has a lovely mothers day!

Kell never ever feel bad for doing what you think is the best thing for your daughter.
    I do everything wrong according to the health nurse, you know what i don't care because it works for us. You'll learn to just tell the nurses what they want to hear & continue doing your own thing at home.
    Just remember your her Mum.

Linda your store looks great, I'll be buying a teething necklace for Kodi. Maddi just loves her one.

Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow.

Happy Mothers Day!

Hi ladies, sorry for not being around much!!

Things are going well here & Noah now weighs 4.7kg.

Will pop back later hopefully to catch up again.

Hope everybody had a lovely mothers day.

Just bumping us back up to page 1.

Kelle how did Ella go with her needles?

Jo hope you doing ok

Helen Josh is doing great. Do you have to go back for another check-up to see if your fully healed or not?

Hollo Glad Chelseas eczema has cleared up.

Not really a lot happening here. Kodi & Maddi go for their 6wk & 18mth check-ups tomorrow.
    Looking forward to seeing how tall Maddi is now. My big baby is growing up way too fast.

Hi to everyone else i missed

sorry i have been mia been a bit busy which is great

Trinity No I dont have to go back at this stage....she only said to make another appointment if the stitched area starts hurting or if there is pain when we finally try to DTD (thank godness, im kinda over getting those checkups done lol)

Got my first mothers group on tomorrow arvo...getting abit nervous about it. Thankfully tho, one of the boys my DH works with - his partner is in the same group so I sorta know someone to begin with

Has anyone had AF visit again again??? Obviously Im solely formula feeding. But early last week the mucous stuff stopped (sorry TMI) but over the weekend I started to get period like pains and a flow very much like AF....is it seriously possible to be AF back again?? So now Im wondering how using tampons again will go (after my stitches heal ofcourse!!)

Anyway hope everyone else is going well

Happy Mothers Day everyone for Sunday! sorry been MIA, we've been in Melbourne since Friday cause Brett had knee surgery so i wanted to be at mum and dads so we'd have the extra support seeing as brett's in quite a bit of pain and can't do so much with Susie atm. we were gonig to come home yesterday but I was feeling really light headed and was bleeding really quite heavily so I wasn't up to driving so we stayed another night. I had stopped bleeding over a week ago but it started again friday and gradually got heavier so I was getting a bit concerned...it almost stopped overnight but started up again this morning fairly heavyish so am off to see GP tomorrow to get checked out!

We went to the nurse this afternoon and Susie has put on over a pound in the last fortnight and grown 3cm, now 9pounds8 (4.31kg) and 52cm long! phew our lil baby girl is getting so big!

Hollo - celebrating Smiles here too!! we got our first big bout of 'thats my mummy' and 'thats my daddy' smiles this morning!!

Linda - glad to hear your store is keepign you busy!! you go girl!!

Helen - dont they look cute with their big chubby cloth bums? we've been diong the size 000 bottoms with size 0000 tops too rofl! sueis had a normal terry flat on the other day and her bum was SUPER huge lol!

Hello everyone! Just checking in. We have DTD a couple of times and although it never hurts during, it feels a bit uncomfortable afterwards for a few hours before settling down.

Good luck for your mothers group, Helen!

Trinity -- that pic in your ticker is absolutely adorable!!! Good luck for both your girls check-ups.

Storm -- hope things are going well for you! Congrats on Noah's weight, sounds like he is going great guns!

No sign of AF here but we are exclusively breastfeeding so haven't really been expecting it. We have already been discussing TTC#2 and want to start towards the end of this year but I guess we will see what my body is doing then... right now, it isn't worth worrying about too much and I just want to enjoy my little girl!

Take care xo

Ella went really well with her needles. She only cried for a couple of minutes, think there were more tears from me and her nana then her. She was a little grizzly that night, but that was it.
    She was 5.6kg as well, we are heading to the 6kg mark here, no wonder she gives me a dead arm now when i have to hold her for a long period. Like our mothers group, where no prams were allowed.

No AF here either but we are breastfeeding as well, hope it stays away! We thought we will probably wait till she is a year old and come off the pill and see what happens. it took quite a while to get Ella so its hard to know if we would have to wait that long again to get another baby. We just want to enjoy her as well.

Good luck trinity with your girls check ups

Hey i forgot the most important thing, Ella slept from nine till seven this morning, might be a one off but i was glad for the sleep. I better clean this messy house today with the extra energy, off i go to start...

Kellbell Wowie what an awesome sleep you got! Why were prams not allowed at your mothers group?? We are a little torn about when to start thinking about a second bub too....it took 13 months to fall with Josh, so Im thinking sooner rather than later but DH is not so sure lol

Jitterbug Thats good you havent had any major issues with DTD...Im still very nervous about trying!!

MrsC I hope Bretts knee is recovering well. Good luck with GP, I hope everything is ok for you Wow Susie is growing really well! I cant wait til the weather warms up so I can show off Josh's bubble butt...stupid winter lol I havent been game to put a terry on him yet, we have had a few leakages with some of the pockets too so he is still in sposies at night (Im a chicken lol)

Linda Thats awesome that the store is keeping you busy I hope its going really really well for you!!

Trinity I hope Maddi and Kodi's checkups went well

Hiya to everyone else hope your getting better nights and your bubs are doing well too

Both girls had a really good check-up, Kodi is 4.85kg & 55cms. Maddi is 12kg & 86cms.
    My big baby is growing up way too fast. Kodi is still tiny compared to Maddi at this age. Maddi was 5.2kg & 60cms at 7wks.

As for TTC, i feel pregnant when Maddi was 6 months, then i had an early m/c & feel pregnant with Kodi when M was 9mths. I think it's a nice age gap, it's been very hard but it only last for such a short time. Wont be long before they are both playing with each other which is something i'm really looking forward to. If we do decide to try for #3 it will be when Kodi is around 1yrs old.

Will bbl for personals

hello all Miss C is doing 11-5 sleeps 3 nights in a row

We are doing well I am making and listing in my spare time and thinking of you all I hope bubs are well

Red face New and in need of advise

Hey everyone, im only new to BellyBelly, hope im writing in the right place. Im a 19 year old Single mum but i have an amazing support network of family and friends who have helped me out so much, but i'd like to have people to talk to who are going through the same things and are in the same boat as me in a way because it is really hard sometimes.

Grace my DD was born on the 16th march and weiging 10lb i was hoping i could join this group

grace is starting to get into a routine, well were trying but it seems like everytime i settle her to sleep and put her down every 5 or 10 minutes or so later she wakes up because her dummy comes out i have to keep holding it in till she goes to sleep and process begins all over again im finding it really hard and at night i end up giving up and putting her in bed with me as its so much easier to get some sleep. has anyone else got the same problem or any suggestions

also is anyone else young and single and finding it abit hard?
    Last edited by Butterfly Child; May 14th, 2009 at 10:34 AM.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast