Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

Thankyou for the welcomes! It has been a long and fast few weeks! My partner is going back to work tomorrow so I'm a little nervous about how we will go on our own but at least it is only a 3 day week. Immy has been good -- feeding well, sleeping well and sending lots of presents out the other end! Going to try and weigh her in the next few days just to make sure but I can kind of see that she is getting bigger!! The health nurses said last time that we didn't need to for a couple of weeks because she was doing so well but I'm just curious!! So far, my experiences as a 'young Mum' have been really positive. I did have a hairdresser ask me if it was a mistake in front of my Mum which I thought was quite inappropriate and rude. My Mum could see that I was really uncomfortable being asked that by a total stranger (especially the word "mistake" -- who says that about a person) and told her it was a perfect surprise -- I love my Mum! She has been really helpful and hasn't missed a day visiting her Granddaughter since she was born! Brings us a lot of meals she has cooked and frozen to help out with time a bit, too. She took a week off work when I first got home from Hospital but is back now so visits on her way home. Both my parents were really supportive from the moment we told them.. which wasn't until I was about 5months and it was starting to become difficult to hide my growing belly. I was really nervous but they said they had suspected when I threw up every time I was in a car and often had to dash for the bathroom when we were out to dinner/lunch. Having my own little girl has made me appreciate my own parents 10 fold. They were probably a bit worried/concerned/nervous about it all but always made sure what I saw was the excited side!

Wow, ended up a much longer post than expected. Glad everyone is mostly going well! I can understand the daytime/nighttime mix up frustration. We did the whole keep it dark and less interactive at night and things seem to have slowly sorted themselves out. Anyway, time for me to sneak a shower while the little one sleeps! Good luck and take care.

Bron She's been Cookie since i found out at 4wks so i think she'll always be Cookie to me
    Everything is going so well b/fing wise, Cookie has gained 450g since leaving hossy so I'm very happy & proud with that

Jitterbug-It's hard being a 1st time mum, I always wanted to getting Maddi weighed just to make sure she was gaining weight. As they say as long as they are doing lots of wet/dirty nappies you know everything is going well. That's great your Mum is being a big help, makes such a difference.
    Some people can be so rude, I get the wow 2 under 2 comments, people always making snide comments about how I'll cope being so young etc...

Jitterbug - It sounds like you have great folks. I remember my mum was a bit taken aback when I fell pregnant with my 1st and said she wasnt ready to be a Gma. She soon became totally clucky and never looked back. I thought she may freak out when I fell pregnant last year but she has been very warm and supportive.
    Cant hairdressers step over the line on occasions!? That is a terrible thing for that hd to say!
    Oh and I miss my DH when he goes to work - mostly for the great company he is to me. Good thing this is a short week eh!
    I am small and always looked very young and had a lot of people think my mum was the mother of my kids! That was embarrassing for me and made me try really hard to be seen as mature (which I was really). Anyway I spose I am chatting a lot about this stuff but I dont think I have debriefed it before. Nice to see a few mums here who understand.

Hey is anyone else co-sleeping?

Mo, nice weight gain! What would you like to study?

Jo, hope Noah is sleeping at night soon. I can imagine the difficulty - he probably knows he gets you to himself if he is awake at night. Kick those girls off the pc! Years ago us girls would spend ages on the telephone - not any more. We have 7 computers between 4 people in our home now - I am ashamed to say! Both my boys have purchased big a** gaming pcs and spend loads of time on them. DS2 has just bought his own server and is enjoying the power (lol).

Kell bell - hope your baby girl is giving you heaps of joy. I am finding such a lot of WOW! moments everyday - even when really tired.

PM - I do hope things are healing for you.

There are a lot of girls in our group!!

Yes Super Pumpkin she is bringing us heaps of joy, some times we just look at her in amazement, so in love with her. She is worth being tired, she has started to sleep better, we dont co - sleep though she has a bassinet next to our bed. I am always scared ill roll on her so she sleeps in her own bed. Are you co - sleeping?

Jo - Hope Noah is fixing up his day and nights

Trinity sounds like cookie is going well with her weight gain
    Ella weighed 3.72 kg at 3 1/2 weeks, she is putting on a couple of hundred grams a week. I get her weighed about once a week makes me feel better and that she is getting enough milk

We finally got our thrush cleared up so happy with that, hope it stays away, our breastfeeding is getting easier, although she is a ravenous monster late in the afternoon and i get nothing done oh well

Welcome Jitterbug

Guess I should pop my head in and introduce myself

River was due April 5th but arrived , March 31st, so I just scrape in lol I had a spontenous labour and waterbirth (my other two were early inductions), he weighed 7lb 2oz (3.23kg) and was 51cm long.
    He's breastfeeding like a champ and he's put on 550g in the week since he was born so we've cracked the 3.7kg mark already

He's baby #3 for me, our other two boys are Jett (2.5) and Ripley (15mths).

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Anna looks like we both scrape in here

everyone Miss Charlotte arrived on the 31st at 2.07pm

Welcome Anna & Linda nice to see you both here

Bron we certainly have more girls than boys in our group, I'll have to bring the arrivals list over from the other thread.

Kell Ella is also doing really well with the weight gain, so glad the Thrush is gone.

Anna-Such excellent new about your water birth & well done to River on the weight gain!

hey girls, i probably dont belong in here as DD was born in april but there isnt an april group yet (that i can see anyway). i would have been in here if DD came on her due date! :-)

everything is going well with us so far. DDs cord fell off today which freaked me out cause she is only 4 days old, apparantly it is all good though.

i am really really sore though. had an episiotomy and oh my goodness it is hurting. it actually hurts more now than it did 2 days ago! i think i am gonna get one of those donut pillows for hemmarroids to sit on. i am having toilet issues too. eeeeek!

DD1 is playing up too, really testing the limits.

hope you guys are all getting along fabulously with your new little additions.

I've got 1 baby down just need the Toddler to go down. Hopefully she'll go down after her bath.

Hollo don't feel like you have to be in the April group I'd love to have you stay in here.
    Maddi was due in Oct 07 but came in Sept & i stayed with my Octo group as we had been together for 9 months & i guess we had kinda bonded in that time.
    I know how you feel Maddi has been giving such a hard time, really doing my head in with all the Tanty's.

Oh wow I've got my hands on my PC!! woo hoo.
    Totally lost as to what has been going on now though.
    Hope everybody is enjoying their new babies, & the terribly sooky toddlers (well in this house anyway, bit of insecurity going on I think LOL)
    All is good here, Noah has settled in nicely, sleeps have improved so yay!!!
    Had his circ yesterday, yikes, but all is good, I just wont be changing his nappies for a few more days.
    Catch up soon, promise....

Hi everyone
    I think I recognise afew faces here from the pregnancy group....but I got slack keeping up during my pregnancy....maybe I will have more luck popping in here now
    My little man Josh was born 27th March (9 days overdue). He's doing pretty well now after some feeding issues to start with. The clinic nurse is coming in tomorrow so Im very keen to get him weighed!! One quick question tho....what is "normal" for the healing of his belly button?? The peg fell of last week, and ever since it has been leaving a little blood and goop on his singlet. I will get the nurse to check it too, but I was curious to know how everyone else's bubs are going.
    Congrats to everyone on their little bubbas hopefully I wil be able to pop in more often to chat with you all

Sounds similar to what happened with Immy. Hers fell off on day 5 or 6 and for about a week or so after there were tiny dobs of blood and goo. We were a bit worried because it did look quite bad but the doctor (we saw him on day 7) assured us it was fine and just to keep it clean (we just used a bit of saline solution every nappy change and folded down the top of them to avoid irritation). Her belly button is now completely "normal" -- whatever that means!

Good luck for the weigh in!

Yes sounds the same as Ellas it took about a week to fall off, then left a little bit of goo and blood for a couple more days
    We didnt know if it was normal either ,our health nurse said to put metho on it so that cleared it up pretty quick.
    Do people keep the cord that falls off? we couldnt wait to throw it out lol.
    Her belly button is cute now

Helen 9 days over WOW, did you get induced or did he come on his own, good luck for Josh's weigh in!

My little girl is a month old already! We have started getting smiles this week

Welcome Ladies & congrats on the new arrivals!!!

Just had a quick scan back .....

Bron, Noah has settled down nicely now & knows the difference between night & day, generally sleeps for around 6-7hrs at night.& we co sleep after his early morning feed.I Absolutely love it, cos when we wake up in the morning, Zac & Angel are in bed with us too, might have to invest in a king size bed!! So glad the other 3 are way way too big to sleep with us a well, gee we'd be in real trouble then LOL.

MO Noah's weight when we were discharged was 3110 & last week he was 3400 they weighed him before his op yesterday & he was 3600, so I guess he is doing good, I can see his little face getting fat LOL.

OK cant remember anything else.
    Can't believe I've had the PC twice in 1 day.

Chelseas cord fell off yesterday, so i called the health number and they said that is in the range of normal for time it takes to come off. DD1 took about 3 weeks so i was a little worried. she said that it is normal for it to bleed a small amount and be a little 'wet' looking. if it gets puss or red then there could be an infection. but to keep it clean, dry and aired out.

i was 10 days overdue, so i know how you must have felt helen! i was actually 10 days overdue both pregnancies.

hope noone else minds if i hang around in here. :-)

My health nurse said if it's still got blood & goo at 6 weeks to take baby to the Dr's & get it checked out. So i guess it can take upto 6 weeks to heal properly.

Hollo Chelsea looks gorgeous & i love her chubby cheeks.

I'll bbl.

Miss C's Came Off Yesterday and is healing nicely. Dr said to use Bethapthem on it as well

its funny how everyone gets all sorts of different info. the nurse told me not to put any creams or metho on it at all cause it interferes with the healing process. oh well, thats one thing i learnt early on with first baby, EVERYONE will tell you something different! hehe. going for 5 day chek up today, i hope she has put on some weght.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast