Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 16th-31st 2009 #1

Yup those things sure are surf boards huh!! I swapped to thinner ones afew days ago...looking forward to not having to use any tho Im finally able to sit without too much discomfort and drive without pain, so thats been really good.....I hope everyone else with stitches has been able to find some relief!!

Josh is in between sizes too! He is too long for 4x0 but too skinny for 3x0....except for the wondersuits which 3x0 is a great fit! Im planning to swap to cloth nappies in the next day or two...so that might help hold his 3x0 pants up too lol poor kid!

I think I would like 2 kids at this stage......DH already seems to have a grand plan of starting trying for a baby sister for Josh when he's about 18 months old.....hmmm I think I will just take one day at a time and see how we go.

Wow this thread is pretty busy now! I am gonna find it hard to keep up with all of it.

No names - just ideas today

My loss has been on and off too. I was worried for a while but it has all but vanished now. Maternity pads are way too big!!! You would have to haemorrhage to need a pad that big I wreckon!

I told you guys about my 2 under 2 years ago. Well your talk about the toddler and infant is bringing back memories. As I said - hardest year of my entire life but improved after 12 months and they were best friends - slept in the same bed until late primary years - by their choice as they had separate beds of course.

Which brings me to answer the q about having more kids.
    DH thinks he would like another baby but is sensible in thinking it is costly and hard on my body (and lifestyle) and means less time for those already here.
    I have been enjoying my career and this baby is a gift to DH and his family but I think I would like to get back to things next year - I also find it hard to be 'good' when it comes to drinking etc. and feel a bit deprived at times. I dont like feeling guilty about it.
    Dont get me wrong as I am sooooooo enjoying my beautiful princess and feel extremely lucky to have this opportunity - I guess I am not sure I want to do it again at this age. I devoted all my life up to now (since I was 20 years) to raising kids and I will be doing it for a long time to come either way. So "maybe" - "maybe not". A 2 year gap would be my minimum and that would make me 42. mmmmmm

Most of DD clothes are ooo. I only have 2 things in oooo and they look small. She is a tiny baby though. The cloth nappies and pilcher combo fill the clothes out heaps - dont you find? All her singlets are oo as I found in the past a larger size is best.

I wish Noah would fit into his cloth nappies! He has the smallest bum & they swim on him, I hate buying sposies.

Noah's singlets are 00 as well.

I'm in shock to have my pc to myself today DH dug out the ps2 & the girls haven't come out of the room! yay!!

Ella is in 000's now mostly for lenght, have taken the 4 x 0000 out of her drawer, she is growing so fast. Her singlets are 00 as well

We think we want three kids but dont know how long we will leave, i think 2 years between might be nice. Id like another daughter close in age to Ella although i cant even imagine having another one at the moment.

My loss has stopped for now, i hate those mat pads yuk

We are off for a weigh in tommorow, im excited to see what she weighs now, she feels alot heavier to me.

We are using sposies at the moment too, i hate em, what is everybody else using?

Sposie's here as-well for now, Cookie doesn't fit into her cloth ones yet & i didn't buy any fitteds or pre folds for her silly me i know.

I use the bodysuit singlets, i really hate the way singlets rise & scrunch up.

Kell gl for Ella's weigh in tomorrow, Cookie has her one on Sat.
    I love the pics on FB, Maddi got the same Dora egg set for easter

On the pads thing Mum put me onto the Tena pads they are really absorbant and keep you dry try them out they are thin too

Miss C is in sposies because she has Mummy skin and a bout of nappy rash already so we can keep her dryer and freeer she is starting to enjoy nappy free time too

yep we use disposables too, hate to say it but i am too lazy to use cloth. we had a nappy free play today too, chelsea loved it, so much more freedom of movement.

chels is becomming a bit of a spewer too, hope she doe4snt end up with reflux!! she was quite unsettled last night for a few hours around midnight!

off to give her her first bath in the big bath with hannah, camera at the ready!

We are transitioning into 000's here now but 0000 still fit ok over cloth atm. He's 4kgs today at 2wks old so 000's are not far off anywho. He's in cloth too, no more prefolds and newborn sizes though he's in smalls and one size fitteds. I use 00 singlets too.

My blood loss is off and on and not too heavy. I thought it was over the other day but it came back, Im soooooo dying for a swim so I hope it shifts off soon I just use normal pads now.

No more babies here, this is my last foray into a Baby Buddies group. With 3 under 2.5 life is pretty darn hectic and Im not sure I could do everything I want in my life with 4 under 3.5 (because Dh would refuse to have a large age gap). Plus the idea of 4 boys is a bit scary

But I never say never, Dh could change his mind in the future (I can hear him running screaming from the house now Ive said that ).

We didn't get to weigh and measure today because the place was closed Will do it in the next few days! Found out today that my partner has TWO WEEKS of night shifts, I thought it was just the one. It is 10pm-6am (was only 12am-8am because of the public holiday yesterday). After that he has two weeks of 2pm-10pm which will be nice I think, then two weeks of 6am-2pm which is also quite good... then it is back to the dreaded 10pm-6am!! I'm hoping it gets easier as time goes on but last night, I was really struggling. I've managed to have a lot of sleep today so hopefully, if I don't get much tonight, at least I won't be climbing the walls! The only good part was having the big bed all to ourselves. It meant I could have her in the middle and then move to either side to feed her -- if that makes sense.

Took her out shopping today and got a few toys (there was 30% off at Target). She seemed to love this one that lights up and plays music -- she went hysterical trying to smash it with her little fists! Also got a couple of dummies but I'm not sure if I will use them, sort of a last resort thing. I know she loves to suckle because if I would let her she would hang out attached to me all day.

At the moment we are in sposies because we don't have a washing machine (I know, crazy with a newborn) and trying to cart her masses of washing down the street to the laundromat is already quite the effort. I think I would go insane trying to manage nappies as well! When we get a machine of our own (soon, I hope!!!) I will be making the switch. I think sposies are good for us while we are still trying to get on top of everything. She showed up early so we weren't quite ready with everything!

wow this thread has been really busy today!!!

ok moogoo is a cream that I got put onto by the girls in the cloth nappy thread...so far been using it for myself not for Susanna yet! definitely is helping out with the pad irritation! and the graze isnt even stinging as much! try googling it, its the MSM Soothing Cream that I'm using! supposed to be great for nappy rash and is safe for use with nappies.

pawpaw ointment hey...so I could have actually been putting stuff ON the graze? I didnt think I'd be able to put anything on it lol!!!

we're using cloth, and its going really well! we're using prefolds that I made. we have 24, but I think we need another 12. atm we're washing every day, but if we have another 12 then we can have the odd day without having to do a load!!

not sure how many kids we're going to have!! we're both open to a large family, but will just take it one day/baby at a time hehe! as for age gap, around 18months - 2 years I think but we'll see

Jitterbug I'm so impressed with you surviing the whole night yourself! DH and I have been tag teaming and I dont know how I'd cope if he wasnt here! another 2 weeks till he's back at work and then things will change for sure!

bubs is still spitting up after every feed, whenever she falls asleep at the breast, she wakes up about half an hour later with wind and needing to spit up, so I am spending 20 -30 minutes after each feed burbing and trying to settle her!

wow lots of posts to catch up on.

trinity - we are into 3x000's as she is long and just abouts fills the tummy area. ally is weighing around 5kg and has grown to about 55cm (from 51.5). she is also abit of a chucker just like jayden so we go through alot of chuck rags.
    i think we are done having kids now that i have my baby girl i am happy. hubby will go in for the snip in a yr or 2. my bleeding had gone away and i just started taking the pill but for some reason my bleeding has come back even though i am on the active pill. has anyone else had this? its not heavy but enough to be annoying.

ally can lift her head right up and can even wiggle around, she is starting to look right at us now and gives us little smiles. i cant believe how quick the time is going i just want her to stay this little for as long as possible. i finally have a great pic of her and me now.

take care everyone.
    treena

What a lovely pic! I know what you mean about the tummy region -- I swear Immy's is out of proportion to the rest of her, it is so big!!

Sorry all I have been out of this thread for some time and now it is taking off. I have just read through all that I missed and am so happy we are all doing well.

Just a general summary this time as I have been out to long for personals yet.
    I also have a dd aged 2 (Poppy) and I do feel guilty that i am not spending enough time with her. I am sahm mum and she is used to having me all to herself. Suffice to say there have been a lot of tantrums, and the occasional hit or kick to Sascha's head. (sascha comes through just fine though).

Sascha is in 000 and almost 5 kilos and we need to move up a nappy size too, she is also now smiling and cooing, which is so adorable. I do want another child but will wait a couple of yrs as I could not cope with a third any time soon!

I have had a terrible time bf and now have her almost weaned to formula. This is one of the reasons i have not been on the thread lately. I have stopped feeling guilty about not bf as I have to cheer up for my girls and Sascha is now thriving on formula. I had severe nipple damage which I hope does not scar, Thrush and Vasospasm. I bf dd2 for almost a yr so to stop at 4 weeks is sad.

My bleeding has stopped and my c section scar is healing well, I am ready to start exercising to get rid of my leftover pregnancy kilos now too. I lost 11 kilos in the two weeks following the birth but still have 7 more to lose.

Sorry for the long post but needed to catch up, will pop in daily from now on.

hi poppysmum,
    am feeling for u with the bf problems, but u have to do whats best for your lil family *big hugs* hoping Poppy settles down soon and is loving her new lil sister!!

things are well here, only got woken up by bunny twice during the night is a lil frustrating that whenever she needs a feed it takes about an hour cause she needs to spew, burp and then be settled back down after shes fed lol! but shes so adorable u cant be annoyed lol!

I really love how big and busy our baby group is! So wonderful to have a bunch of people you can debrief with. Had our second night alone, was a bit better than the first but I'm still dreading the next one. I think it will get easier as time goes on but... and this probably sounds really silly... I get a bit scared at night. Last night I had a dream that somebody broke in and I couldn't get back to sleep -- I went around the house checking all the windows and doors but still didn't feel safe enough to close my eyes!!

Thinking of you all!

poppysmum - sorry to hear about the breastfeeding problems but its great that u gave her 4weeks. the most i have done was 3 weeks boobs just didn't want to co-operate.
    i was feeling like that with jayden but i get him to help look after ally and he seems to enjoy being the big brother so doesn't feel like he is missing our time alone. i try to make up for it when daddy comes home and he takes bubba for a bit then we swap.

mrsc- i have the same problem with ally she will wake only once during the night but she wont go back to sleep for at least an hour and half as it takes that long to feed and burp esp when she cant burp up for 10min but wont drink either - long process. i am hoping it will get better in the next few weeks.

jitterbug - i would be the same i am constantly checking locks as i get paranoid that their not locked. i hope tonigh will be easier for you.

Poppys Mum - re BF issues I too hope Poppy settles into the big sis role soon too
    Mrs Aussie C - Charlotte is waking up 2 times 12 and 4 taking about an hour with the expressed bottle too. She seems to be really irritable between 9pm and 12am feeds though
    Jitterbug - on another night alone hun you are amazing
    Trena

We just had photos taken on Miss C today cannot wait to see them

Jitter, I get scared when Dh isn't home at night as well.
    Sorry you had BF problems Poppysmum, Noah is the longest I've ever fed out of the 6, so dont feel bad, I feel like chucking in the boob's myself some days.Today being one of them, I find it hard when he wants boob all day long with the other kids & housework to tend to.

Noah likes to fiddlefart around at night as well MrsC,wonder why that is LOL, must be beacause he has me all to himself......
    Love your ticker pic Treena so cute!!

Does anybody like those bonds easysuits? I love them, at first I found them a bit hard but now I've mastered it. DH on the otherhand rofl, takes him a good 5 mins to change. he he

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast